PDA

View Full Version : NYG defense sets franchise record and some other fun stats from this past season.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-10-2013, 06:42 PM
there is some pretty interesting stuff here,,enjoy.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/01/giants_defense_sets_new_franch.html

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-10-2013, 06:47 PM
I found the total yards from scrimmage numbers on wilson and martin interesting,,,yes martin's yards were as a starting back who played all 16 games,,but wilsons yardage in limited action really speaks volumes about this kids explosiveness,,,looking for him to do big things next year.

giant-4-life
01-10-2013, 06:48 PM
:mad: shameful in most stats.

BJacobs aka The Problem
01-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I just don't understand it. You have a coordinator, that for 2 years in a row, ran a defense that gave up over 6,000 yards. If it's not the coordinator who was the problem, then it has to be the players. If that is true, the players being the problem, wouldn't that indicate that the GM is doing a poor job of loading the defense up with talent? Which one is it?

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-10-2013, 07:31 PM
I just don't understand it. You have a coordinator, that for 2 years in a row, ran a defense that gave up over 6,000 yards. If it's not the coordinator who was the problem, then it has to be the players. If that is true, the players being the problem, wouldn't that indicate that the GM is doing a poor job of loading the defense up with talent? Which one is it?

then you add in the superbowl win and chalk it up to who the hell knows anymore....lol. just win this year.

M00KIE
01-10-2013, 07:36 PM
then you add in the superbowl win and chalk it up to who the hell knows anymore....lol. just win this year.

It is kind of mind boggling... I think it's a bit of both, personally.

BROADWAYSTORM
01-10-2013, 07:51 PM
The Giants played a ridiculous amount of good offenses with a banged up secondary and gave up a ton of yardage yes. And a ton of big plays which is unacceptable. And I don't like Fewell. But the truth is scoring defense is what matters to the coaches.

NYG 5
01-10-2013, 11:18 PM
its red zone defense thats important. they were definately better at that this year. and i'm shocked this floundering offense only punted 58 times

BJacobs aka The Problem
01-11-2013, 12:48 PM
The offense may have looked floundering, but if you're going by points, the Giants offense was 6th in scoring averaging 26 points a game. Matter of fact, the Giants were the only team that ranked in the top 10 in offensive scoring and the top 12 in points allowed that did not make the playoffs.