PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cower 2015

teaneck
01-11-2013, 01:24 AM
Doug Rush via Bleacherreport states that BIll Cower may be a candidate for TC after his contract expires/retires.

What do y'all think?

giant-4-life
01-11-2013, 02:24 AM
solid coach. no non sense coach and teaches fundamentals

Flip Empty
01-11-2013, 02:53 AM
Bleacher Report is as credible as a scrap of toilet paper.

dave56dj
01-11-2013, 03:05 AM
If TC retires, and that a big if and totally his call, Bill Cowher might just be first call made. It's clear Cowher is comfortable (living in NY by the way) with his studio job. And he has also hinted that he prefers the long standing teams and owners like the rooneys and mara's. He isn't coming back for just any job but clearly big blue would be one he might consider. That said, its a long ways away.

BurnerNYG
01-11-2013, 03:34 AM
Why, so we can wait 15 years for the league to fix a SB for us?

M00KIE
01-11-2013, 05:39 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16086818.jpg

TCHOF
01-11-2013, 06:37 AM

Ha ha . . . .if all of the people clamoring for Cowher to come here were Steeler fans, they would have run him out of town on a rail after year three.

SweetZombieJesus
01-11-2013, 06:58 AM
He must really want the job because it seems these rumors have been coming up since a year or two after he left the Steelers, and he hasn't jumped at any "lesser" opportunities in the mean time.

Kruunch
01-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Doug Rush via Bleacherreport states that BIll Cower may be a candidate for TC after his contract expires/retires.

What do y'all think?

These rumors have surfaced every year since Cowher was reported (by Jerome Bettis) for desiring either the Carolina or Giants job.

Cowher's not coaching again ... and if he is I wouldn't want him. He's been out of football too long.

RoanokeFan
01-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Ha ha . . . .if all of the people clamoring for Cowher to come here were Steeler fans, they would have run him out of town on a rail after year three.

I've never understood the attraction.

RoanokeFan
01-11-2013, 07:37 AM
These rumors have surfaced every year since Cowher was reported (by Jerome Bettis) for desiring either the Carolina or Giants job.

Cowher's not coaching again ... and if he is I wouldn't want him. He's been out of football too long.

Bleacher Report is a rung below our MB for accuracy in reporting :rolleyes:

Buddy333
01-11-2013, 07:39 AM
He is a good coach but lets wait to see when TC decides to retire.

Kruunch
01-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Bleacher Report is a rung below our MB for accuracy in reporting :rolleyes:

Yeah ... surprised me that CNN got them to replace SI.

Then again .... it was SI.

RoanokeFan
01-11-2013, 07:43 AM
He is a good coach but lets wait to see when TC decides to retire.

Probably after the next SB win

Jahh
01-11-2013, 07:43 AM

Bleacher Report has improved from where the were at the start but I still don't visit any bleacher report links nor do I take the articles serious.

RoanokeFan
01-11-2013, 07:44 AM

Bleacher Report just ruined its reputation by going "all amateur." It's trying to climb out of that hole now but I don't think they've made it to street level yet.

nhpgiantsfan
01-11-2013, 07:45 AM

What do y'all think?

This is about as newsworthy as the sun rising today..

drewz
01-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Doug Rush also said we'd go 12-4, beat the Falcons, Ravens and go on to the Super Bowl

On a list of trusted sources, I put Bleacher Report below Wikipedia

Redeyejedi
01-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Coughlin is a better coach than Cowher, is he bringing **** Lebeau with him thats the only way Id want him

RoanokeFan
01-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Coughlin is a better coach than Cowher, is he bringing **** Lebeau with him thats the only way Id want him

I don't see TC retiring before his next SB win or death :o

Redeyejedi
01-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Bleacher Report just ruined its reputation by going "all amateur." It's trying to climb out of that hole now but I don't think they've made it to street level yet.Some of the guys over there are real good. they need to do a better job of weeding the bad writers out

NYGisBallin
01-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Bleacher Report is garbage.

RoanokeFan
01-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Some of the guys over there are real good. they need to do a better job of weeding the bad writers out

Very true, but reputations are so hard to recover once they get tainted.

TheAnalyst
01-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Cowher would be great here. Problem is, in 2015, how much more does Eli have? He will be 35 turning 36. Cowher wants a team with an established QB. He wont want a team with a QB on his way down and the possiblilty of having to start all over in a year or 2 with a new QB.

ryan12
01-11-2013, 08:49 AM
cowher said a few years ago that he wanted to coach the giants. i think he is waiting for tc to retire

CDN_G-FAN
01-11-2013, 08:54 AM
solid coach. no non sense coach and teaches fundamentals

exactly.

guys that hated TC will hate Cower too.

they're cut from the same cloth.

TuckandRolle
01-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Everyone knows Cowher has been waiting for the GMen's HC position since he retired. He's extremely close with the Mara family and would love to come on board. This has been spoken of for the last 3 years.

The fact that your using BleacherReport as a viable resource though...now thats a crime in and of it self. No reporting/blogging site for sports is worse IMO.

teaneck
01-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I am in no way suggesting that TC is a bad coach, or that he should be replaced now. I'm talking long term. 2-4 years at the very least!

TheAnalyst
01-11-2013, 09:07 AM
I am in no way suggesting that TC is a bad coach, or that he should be replaced now. I'm talking long term. 2-4 years at the very least!

Thats the million dollar question... If we do lose TC and Cowher is not an option, I would think it would be Fewell or Gilbride, leaning Gilbride. Man would we love that one.. lol. Maybe Spags can come back as a HC for us.

Rudyy
01-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Thats the million dollar question... If we do lose TC and Cowher is not an option, I would think it would be Fewell or Gilbride, leaning Gilbride. Man would we love that one.. lol. Maybe Spags can come back as a HC for us.http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqlcbgAyAD1qec2q9.gif

Kruunch
01-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Thats the million dollar question... If we do lose TC and Cowher is not an option, I would think it would be Fewell or Gilbride, leaning Gilbride. Man would we love that one.. lol. Maybe Spags can come back as a HC for us.

There is 0% chance of any of that happening.

The Giants are loyal but they're not stupid.

Kruunch
01-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Bleacher Report has improved from where the were at the start but I still don't visit any bleacher report links nor do I take the articles serious.

They had no place to go but up.

AllHailEli
01-11-2013, 09:34 AM

What do y'all think?

He was one of the losers after the 2011 season, i.e. there were rumors he wanted the Giants coaching job but the Giants won the Super Bowl.

Flip Empty
01-11-2013, 09:54 AM
I don't understand this love for Spags, he's done nothing since leaving the Giants.

NYGabriel
01-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Why wait for TC to retire?

r1000
01-11-2013, 01:23 PM
I don't even remember if i commented on this post already or if it was another related B Cowher thread...

but here goes... NOOOO!!!!! enough already with Cowher.. C'mon!! what is the attraction!?!?!?! Think we need youth a HC... I'd like someone like his successor Mike Tomlin!

JJC7301
01-12-2013, 12:35 AM
I almost get the sense that Cower is waiting for the Giants job to open up.

I like Cower, but he'll have been out of football for a long time by 2015.

Die-Hard
01-12-2013, 05:04 AM
I dont kow why people are so fascinated with Cowher. Is it name recognition? The moustache?

The guy is nothing special as a coach. Makes no sense to me why people are clamoring for him to replace TC down the road

Rat_bastich
01-12-2013, 05:30 AM
I don't know but an overall 161-99-1 win loss record(12-9 play off), 8 division titles, and a Super Bowl seems pretty good to me. Not only that but he always put together strong defenses and threw some good coaches out there as well.

He's only 55 years old and could groom a defensive minded head coach to take over after he left. He also has always found ways to motivate his players and got the most he could out of them.

He has been away from coaching for a bit, but hasn't been away from football. There is nothing new about coaching, most of the stuff is about leadership and recycling schemes.

Not much downside.

ELI_Iz_God
01-12-2013, 05:54 AM
Probably after the next SB win

So in about 15 years then? ok great

TCHOF
01-12-2013, 06:38 AM
I don't know but an overall 161-99-1 win loss record(12-9 play off), 8 division titles, and a Super Bowl seems pretty good to me. Not only that but he always put together strong defenses and threw some good coaches out there as well.

He's only 55 years old and could groom a defensive minded head coach to take over after he left. He also has always found ways to motivate his players and got the most he could out of them.

He has been away from coaching for a bit, but hasn't been away from football. There is nothing new about coaching, most of the stuff is about leadership and recycling schemes.

Not much downside.

He had some brutal playoff losses. He would be burned at the stake here for one loss like that.

You guys are funny.

M00KIE
01-12-2013, 09:12 AM

Not much downside.

Playing the likes of the Browns, Bengals, Oilers twice a year will pad your wins a bit imo.

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 09:49 AM
So in about 15 years then? ok great TC will get one before then

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Everyone knows Cowher has been waiting for the GMen's HC position since he retired. He's extremely close with the Mara family and would love to come on board. This has been spoken of for the last 3 years. The fact that your using BleacherReport as a viable resource though...now thats a crime in and of it self. No reporting/blogging site for sports is worse IMO.

Everyone as in Jerome Bettis? How is Cowher "close " to the Mara family?

bigblue58
01-12-2013, 10:07 AM

What do y'all think?

What is the big deal about Cowher? The guy won one SB in 15 years despite having some of the most talent filled rosters every one of those 15 seasons!
Not to mention the fact that he wants full control of any team he's hired by, and the Giants organization doesn't operate that way which everyone knows is the REAL reason why Parcells left the Giants.
The Mara's don't believe in hiring a Coach to run everything, so take Cowher off the list, because it's never happening.

M00KIE
01-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Everyone as in Jerome Bettis? How is Cowher "close " to the Mara family?

...Really Roanoke? You don't get the connection??

me either

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 10:23 AM
...Really Roanoke? You don't get the connection? me either whew, I was worried John M was holding back.

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 10:26 AM
What is the big deal about Cowher? The guy won one SB in 15 years despite having some of the most talent filled rosters every one of those 15 seasons! Not to mention the fact that he wants full control of any team he's hired by, and the Giants organization doesn't operate that way which everyone knows is the REAL reason why Parcells left the Giants. The Mara's don't believe in hiring a Coach to run everything, so take Cowher off the list, because it's never happening. True enough about Parcels

fletch842
01-12-2013, 10:50 AM
I've never understood the attraction.
the chin has people mesmerized.

JesseJames
01-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Coughlin is a better coach than Cowher, is he bringing **** Lebeau with him thats the only way Id want him**** Lebeau is a great DC who is in his 70s so I doubt he's going anywhere and I also don't get the strong interest in Cowher, he was decent HC but not so great that he's worth all this attention...

bigblue58
01-12-2013, 11:02 AM
**** Lebeau is a great DC who is in his 70s so I doubt he's going anywhere and I also don't get the strong interest in Cowher, he was decent HC but not so great that he's worth all this attention...

Thats taking the profanity filter too far when you can't even write MISTER LeBeuau's first name for gods sake lol!!!
They're just letters and words people....can we get over the profanity nonsense already?
Talking on a forum of a sport that specializes in violence and we're not allowed to cuss.....comical!!