PDA

View Full Version : Don't Understand ???

oldsmobile
01-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Seems as though all the other teams in our division are making changes and trying to improve !!!!!!
Beagles , get rid of whole coaching staff . Even made changes during season to try to get better. I personally , am very glad to see Reid out of NFC.
Cowgirls, get rid of Ryan . I thought he did a good job with their defense .I loved is "agressive "scheme . Also his "Firey attitude on sidelines .
Redskins , they made "PLAYOFFS". So they hit their goal for year . No changes needed .

GIANTS , fall apart final weeks off season , no playoffs . Ranking in defense was worst than Beagles and Cowgirls . You watch Fewell on sidelines , he looks confused . when there is a coverage beak-down , and he is talking to players who made mistake , he is smiling or looks as confused as the player. NO FIRE at all . Our offense has been the same for ten years . Hardly any changes in play calling . I can watch the game and know what plays will be called. If I can do it , don't you think the other team, who studies game films , know what is coming . How many times have we seen , Giants ball on the 8 yard line, third and goal . What play does Kildrive call ? Almost always fade to wide receiver in left end zone.

Changes are needed in our coaching staff !!!! Even our head coach , has no idea why we always have a "BAD " second half of season. Do I need to make "PLAYOFFS" every year . No !!!! But with the talent on this team , we should be in every game and "NOT" Blown off the field as we were in those last few weeks !!!!

penguinfarmer
01-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Seems as though all the other teams in our division are making changes and trying to improve !!!!!!
Beagles , get rid of whole coaching staff . Even made changes during season to try to get better. I personally , am very glad to see Reid out of NFC.

lol And how did those midseason changes work out? Eagles were a top 10 ranked D under Castillo, only to look like utter crap with Bowles. That team is in full rebuild mode, interviewing dozens of guys who don't want the job. No team wants to be in that circumstance.

Cowgirls, get rid of Ryan . I thought he did a good job with their defense .I loved is "agressive "scheme . Also his "Firey attitude on sidelines .
Cowboys have been in third place for three straight years and are now switching to a tampa2.

Redskins , they made "PLAYOFFS". So they hit their goal for year . No changes needed .

lol what? Their read option is threatening to take years off their gimpy QB's career. They'll probably begin the season with Kirk Cousins. That defense has also been gashed with their fair share of big plays. No changes needed?

I'd agree with the title. You don't understand. Continuity in the NFL is hard to find and sustain.

Flip Empty
01-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Wow, what a controversial opinion. I have not seen anyone rant like this before.

oldsmobile
01-12-2013, 08:38 AM
I guess we should bring Castillo in , So he can make us a "TOP TEN DEFENSE "

oldsmobile
01-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Love the JPP dance !!!!! What year was that from ? Wasn't riding PONY that much this year !!!!

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 08:59 AM

GIANTS , fall apart final weeks off season , no playoffs . Ranking in defense was worst than Beagles and Cowgirls . You watch Fewell on sidelines , he looks confused . when there is a coverage beak-down , and he is talking to players who made mistake , he is smiling or looks as confused as the player. NO FIRE at all . Our offense has been the same for ten years . Hardly any changes in play calling . I can watch the game and know what plays will be called. If I can do it , don't you think the other team, who studies game films , know what is coming . How many times have we seen , Giants ball on the 8 yard line, third and goal . What play does Kildrive call ? Almost always fade to wide receiver in left end zone.

Changes are needed in our coaching staff !!!! Even our head coach , has no idea why we always have a "BAD " second half of season. Do I need to make "PLAYOFFS" every year . No !!!! But with the talent on this team , we should be in every game and "NOT" Blown off the field as we were in those last few weeks !!!!

You're a little late to the dance, but of those 4 teams, how many have won 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years? How many have played in the Super Bowl in the past 5 years?

Just because GM got rid of you, doesn't mean we're getting rid of the coaching staff.

FBomb
01-12-2013, 09:02 AM
lol.....you can never read too many of THESE threads.:rolleyes:

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 09:11 AM
lol.....you can never read too many of THESE threads.:rolleyes:

It does restore my faith in the fringe element

Rudyy
01-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Love the JPP dance !!!!! What year was that from ? Wasn't riding PONY that much this year !!!!This season

TheEnigma
01-12-2013, 09:18 AM

Changes are needed in lots of places my friend and I get where you are coming from. Here are my suggestions:

Clean the entire coaching staff and rehire Ray Handley to bring in his own staff.
Remove Eli and start Curtis Painter in his place. Since he is a younger player, he will adapt to Handley's vision better.
Don't bother to resign Beatty, Cruz, or Bennett. Extend Osi, Tuck, and Diehl through 2025.
Sell the team to a group in Los Angeles and relocate the team to an area of hardcore football fans.

nhpgiantsfan
01-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Since they won the SB last year the whole staff gets a pass tis year. But that's it the free pass is done. They will be held to the fire next year if they don't succeed. Maybe not TC, but nobody on his staff will be safe if they don't have a successful year next yea.

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Since they won the SB last year the whole staff gets a pass tis year. But that's it the free pass is done. They will be held to the fire next year if they don't succeed. Maybe not TC, but nobody on his staff will be safe if they don't have a successful year next yea. What's a "successful season"?

bigblue58
01-12-2013, 10:49 AM

Dude...how many NFC East teams are still in the playoffs? Uhhh.....NONE! Which pretty much makes your entire rant irrelevant and moot!

jomo
01-12-2013, 10:55 AM

Changes are needed in our coaching staff !!!! Even our head coach , has no idea why we always have a "BAD " second half of season. Do I need to make "PLAYOFFS" every year . No !!!! But with the talent on this team , we should be in every game and "NOT" Blown off the field as we were in those last few weeks !!!!So you are complimenting the cowgirls for making changes to get better; changes like firing the all sizzle, no steak rob ryan but you want us to make changes that bring in guys like ryan. That's quite a position to take. lol

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 11:02 AM
So you are complimenting the cowgirls for making changes to get better; changes like firing the all sizzle, no steak rob ryan but you want us to make changes that bring in guys like ryan. That's quite a position to take. lol lol

slipknottin
01-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Dallas is switching to a soft zone scheme. And a 4-3. Exactly what the giants already have. Kind of amusing.

JesseJames
01-12-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't advocate changing coaches just to punish them for the team having another fadeout at the end of the season but I do want them to work really hard to find out what causes these things every year, there has to be an answer and TC telling the media he has no idea what went wrong is troubling to me...

B&RWarrior
01-12-2013, 12:01 PM
You're a little late to the dance, but of those 4 teams, how many have won 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years? How many have played in the Super Bowl in the past 5 years?

Just because GM got rid of you, doesn't mean we're getting rid of the coaching staff.

That's just it RF. I don't like the inconsistency. One day were lambasting the Saints the next day were struggling to keep up with the Bengals. One season we win the SB the next we miss the playoffs. I think a lot of it goes on coaching, speaking of the wide variance in focus and discipline because obviously with 2 SB wins the talent is there. What it really boils down to is 2 SBs in five years. That's all that matters. Give me 2 SBs and 3 0-16 seasons and I'm still happy. But just like every other irrational fan if we suck next year, I'll probably want a new OC and DC, and possibly a new coach.

brad
01-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Dallas is switching to a soft zone scheme. And a 4-3. Exactly what the giants already have. Kind of amusing.

While PF may base his defense on the Tampa 2, that is pretty much where the comparison between Kiffin and PF end... Kiffin ranked in the top 10 with his defense 11 out of 13 years, PF has never come close to that. Comparing PF to Kiffin is like saying Boley is equal to LT because they both played outside linebacker.

slipknottin
01-12-2013, 12:05 PM
While PF may base his defense on the Tampa 2, that is pretty much where the comparison between Kiffin and PF end... Kiffin ranked in the top 10 with his defense 11 out of 13 years, PF has never come close to that. Comparing PF to Kiffin is like saying Boley is equal to LT because they both played outside linebacker.

Kiffin also had 3 hall of fame players on that defense. Maybe more than that.

brad
01-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Kiffin also had 3 hall of fame players on that defense. Maybe more than that.

Were they hall of fame players because of the coaching or because they were just that great... or possibly a combination of the two? Player skill obviously plays a big part in the success of a team, but to dismiss coaching as having no part in that is ridiculous. I am not going to try to argue that the Giants defense has as much talent as Kiffin had with his defenses, but there is no way I can accept that they have less talent than 30 other teams in the NFL. You might make a decent argument that the reason PF has struggled as a defensive coordinator is because he doesn't have the talent he needs, but when you try to compare PF to Kiffin when PF has never run a defense ranked in the top 10 let alone year in and year out, it defies logic.

nhpgiantsfan
01-12-2013, 01:09 PM
What's a "successful season"?

That's up to the front office to decide. Probably a playoff appearance.

slipknottin
01-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Were they hall of fame players because of the coaching or because they were just that great...

They were great players because they were great players. Not because of Kiffin.

Thats like saying LT was nothing special but Parcells made him great.

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 01:19 PM
That's just it RF. I don't like the inconsistency. One day were lambasting the Saints the next day were struggling to keep up with the Bengals. One season we win the SB the next we miss the playoffs. I think a lot of it goes on coaching, speaking of the wide variance in focus and discipline because obviously with 2 SB wins the talent is there. What it really boils down to is 2 SBs in five years. That's all that matters. Give me 2 SBs and 3 0-16 seasons and I'm still happy. But just like every other irrational fan if we suck next year, I'll probably want a new OC and DC, and possibly a new coach.

Nobody likes the inconsistency but to think we're going to get into the playoffs every year is a stretch. We had the same record this season as last and yet we're watching other teams play this year while we watched the Giants grab the brass ring last season. We could argue we had no business being in the playoffs last year at 9 - 7.

At the beginning of the season, if anyone had said Tuck and Osi were going to bomb out they would have been laughed off the boards. Same if anyone had said Eli isn't going to throw a TD in 4 games or whatever it was. Fortunately, we aren't in need of rebuilding, just shoring up some obvious problem areas.

brad
01-12-2013, 01:35 PM
They were great players because they were great players. Not because of Kiffin.

Thats like saying LT was nothing special but Parcells made him great.

Got it, so coaching is irrelevant... So when people on this board say KG or Coughlin must go, you shrug it off and say "who cares all coaches are the same", right? We could probably just bring back Ray Handley and still would have won 2 Super Bowls. I mean just because he took a SB team to an 8-8 record the next season then followed that with a 6-10 season doesn't mean he was a bad coach, LT, Simms etc were just lousy players.

I am probably being ridiculous just thinking that ranking 25th and 30th in the NFL on defense in two seasons indicates that the coaching might be a problem. I mean, ranking 25th last year was pretty good considering the pass rush was non-existent... how can you have a good defense when you only get 46 sacks?

Excuse my sarcasm, but this may be the most ridiculous discussion I have ever had on this board... comparing PF to Kiffin simply because they run a similar system... I guess next we can argue that Lovie Smith belongs in the hall of fame next to Billicheck because they both were defensive coordinators before they became head coaches.

slipknottin
01-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Got it, so coaching is irrelevant...

No. But if two coaches are running a very similar scheme and one has multiple hall of fame players on it, while the other doesnt even have a single probowl guy? Well yea, that is probably pretty significant.

The advantage back then with Kiffin was he was the first and only team running that scheme, so they could find the players for it later in the draft or for less money.

Same as why the early 3-4 teams were so successful. Now everyone targets the same types of players which inflates their value.

brad
01-12-2013, 02:19 PM
No. But if two coaches are running a very similar scheme and one has multiple hall of fame players on it, while the other doesnt even have a single probowl guy? Well yea, that is probably pretty significant.

The advantage back then with Kiffin was he was the first and only team running that scheme, so they could find the players for it later in the draft or for less money.

Same as why the early 3-4 teams were so successful. Now everyone targets the same types of players which inflates their value.

Sorry, I just can't continue this discussion, the notion that anyone would consider PF to be equal to Kiffin is just mind boggling.

slipknottin
01-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Sorry, I just can't continue this discussion, the notion that anyone would consider PF to be equal to Kiffin is just mind boggling.

Who said Fewell was as good as Kiffin?

I said they run the same or a very similar system.

And it was amusing to me that everyone hates the system the giants run, but now dallas is going to run the same one.

brad
01-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Who said Fewell was as good as Kiffin?

I said they run the same or a very similar system.

And it was amusing to me that everyone hates the system the giants run, but now dallas is going to run the same one.

This whole back and forth started when I said you couldn't compare PF to Kiffen.... that has been my argument the whole time, not sure what you were arguing if we are in agreement there.

BuffyBlueII
01-12-2013, 03:40 PM
At the beginning of the season, if anyone had said Tuck and Osi were going to bomb out they would have been laughed off the boards. Same if anyone had said Eli isn't going to throw a TD in 4 games or whatever it was. Fortunately, we aren't in need of rebuilding, just shoring up some obvious problem areas.

Sorry RF but I don’t think it is a big surprise to anyone that Tuck and Osi bombed out this year.

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 04:29 PM
That's up to the front office to decide. Probably a playoff appearance.

Suppose they go 10 - 6 and miss the playoffs?

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Sorry RF but I don’t think it is a big surprise to anyone that Tuck and Osi bombed out this year.

I don't recall anyone saying that before the season started.

nhpgiantsfan
01-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Suppose they go 10 - 6 and miss the playoffs?

Umm, like I said. It's up to the front office to determine what they consider a success or failure.