PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the Ravens o-line? Retool the O-line and we are guaranteed playoffs

NYG4lifeNYK
01-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Eli would be SHREDDING this Broncos defense.... Torrey Smith is balling out of control though

I don't know how we will do it because we most likely will not go O-line at least until the second round but whatever we have to do to upgrade the O-line we had better do it.

Eli behind Flacco's O-line.... with Ray Rice... my God.....

Marvelousmik
01-12-2013, 06:49 PM
LMFAO

Giantsfan241
01-12-2013, 06:51 PM
eli won a sb with a shabby o line, we dont need one but it would help.

TheEnigma
01-12-2013, 06:55 PM
That doesn't solve our front 7 issues on defense but can't really complain if the Oline received some help.

Marvelousmik
01-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Our O line was the best in the NFL when Eli won his first SB, and during the second one, our Oline played great during the ending stretch.For the exception of the 49ers game.

Rudyy
01-12-2013, 07:08 PM
The o-line is a problem, but they werent as bad as the defensive line. Not even close.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-12-2013, 07:52 PM
The o-line is a problem, but they werent as bad as the defensive line. Not even close.
Doesn't matter, we can out score teams if Eli has time in the pocket and doesn't have to rush every damn throw.

Redeyejedi
01-12-2013, 08:37 PM
That doesn't solve our front 7 issues on defense but can't really complain if the Oline received some help.Depends on what u mean by help using high level resources is not worth using on the line.Its easier to find cheap lineman in FA than it is to find CB's and DE's

Rudyy
01-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Doesn't matter, we can out score teams if Eli has time in the pocket and doesn't have to rush every damn throw.I would rather not rely on Eli every game to win.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-12-2013, 09:05 PM
I would rather not rely on Eli every game to win.

Hence why I said retool the O-line?

Rudyy
01-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Hence why I said retool the O-line?Or get pass rushers to force three and outs so Eli won't have to comeback every game and try to win ;)

ibbill
01-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Doesn't matter, we can out score teams if Eli has time in the pocket and doesn't have to rush every damn throw.

agree we MUST rebuild the O line

radar-ray
01-13-2013, 01:08 AM
agree we MUST rebuild the O line Agree. OL, LB, DT, CB

TheBookOfEli
01-13-2013, 01:22 AM
eli won a sb with a shabby o line, we dont need one but it would help.

We barely made the playoffs in 2011. We can't expect Eli to play hero ball year in and year out. Oline should be our first priority this off season.

giantsfan420
01-13-2013, 01:27 AM
look at the better offenses in the league. Then look at the worst offenses in the league. then you go 30 spots below that, and thats where youll find our OL. The teams with consistent dynamic offenses have OLs that have been invested in. SF has 3 first rounders starting and some 2nd rounders too...we need to not only invest, but hit on early OL selections imo. Give Eli time with these weapons, we dont even need that much of a defense (we could get by with what we got now)

TextureDj
01-13-2013, 02:22 AM
Depends on what u mean by help using high level resources is not worth using on the line.Its easier to find cheap lineman in FA than it is to find CB's and DE'sOut of our 5 lineman, two are truly dependable, both were drafted, Beatty and Snee. Not sure this holds water. Not sure if we drafted Boothe but he is a shoe in for our third best.

Rat_bastich
01-13-2013, 02:55 AM
Or get pass rushers to force three and outs so Eli won't have to comeback every game and try to win ;)

Yeah, 4th down conversions were killing us, not to mention 3rd down conversions. I don't think I have ever seen so many attempts to go for it on 4th down as Giants' opponents did this year. A bunch were successful.

Captain Chaos
01-13-2013, 06:25 AM
I think that is the general consensus, Keep Beatty if we can, Booth was serviceable maybe move him to center, hope Snee can make it through the next season, get Brewer ready on the right and get two Guards one in FA and one Stud in the draft.

Redeyejedi
01-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Out of our 5 lineman, two are truly dependable, both were drafted, Beatty and Snee. Not sure this holds water. Not sure if we drafted Boothe but he is a shoe in for our third best. Chris Snee gets paid 7 million a year on average and we used a 2nd rounder ,Boothe gets 1.25 million and we got him off the scrap heap. Does Snee impact the game 5 times more than Boothe because this is the point im making

EliDaMANning
01-13-2013, 11:19 AM
It's not fair watching all these QB get an eternity back there as a Giants can. I remember one game where Eli got hit more then half of his dropbacks. That's unheard of. Our o line was decent in the beginning of the year and Eli was putting up monster numbers. I'd focus in our o line this offseason

BlueReign
01-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Fix the O-Line and reap the benefits of having Eli. Pick up a DE mid-round in the draft; someone who's stock has fallen and is hungry.

DarkSaint
01-13-2013, 12:34 PM
I agree with Redeye, we can get serviceable OLinemen from FA. We need a stud DE opposite of JPP, LB and CB in the 1st 3 rounds. With proper playcalling we can overcome a weak OL. Who knows maybe the guys on the bench may become the next Beatty. Will didn't exactly light the world on fire his first 3 years here.

TextureDj
01-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Chris Snee gets paid 7 million a year on average and we used a 2nd rounder ,Boothe gets 1.25 million and we got him off the scrap heap. Does Snee impact the game 5 times more than Boothe because this is the point im makingI understand that is the point you are getting at, I simply disagree. Snee and Boothe were playing at a similar level this season...However..... We recently learned that Snee was playing with a torn hip labrum and another injury I dont remember what it was.

When a highly injured man is keepong up with a healthy one he is far better than the healthy man. 5 times more? Probably not but NFL contracts are rarely that incremental.

Is Eli 10 times better than Alex Smith?

Harooni
01-13-2013, 01:48 PM
snee is on his way downhill no doubt, id consider cutting him also (sometimes it sucks,i like him )

Redeyejedi
01-13-2013, 02:02 PM
I understand that is the point you are getting at, I simply disagree. Snee and Boothe were playing at a similar level this season...However..... We recently learned that Snee was playing with a torn hip labrum and another injury I dont remember what it was.

When a highly injured man is keepong up with a healthy one he is far better than the healthy man. 5 times more? Probably not but NFL contracts are rarely that incremental.

Is Eli 10 times better than Alex Smith?Not just healthy or injured even at the top Snees game the difference in play isnt worth the difference in money. When u are working with a cap the best resources have to be spent on the spots that bring the most impact to the game. DE's and CB's have more impact than 1 O Lineman.

Marvelousmik
01-13-2013, 03:25 PM
. With proper playcalling we can overcome a weak OL..

we wont get far with a weak o line. especially since eli isnt mobile

DarkSaint
01-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Aight I'll play your game, for the sake of an argument and lets say I agree with you that Eli picks and chooses the play: but not his fault if killdrives gives him 3 bombs to choose from on 3rd and short.

Parademon
01-13-2013, 07:24 PM
It all starts & ends in the trenches. Both sides of the line need vast improvement during the offseason.

TextureDj
01-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Aight I'll play your game, for the sake of an argument and lets say I agree with you that Eli picks and chooses the play: but not his fault if killdrives gives him 3 bombs to choose from on 3rd and short.And you base that on what? Nothing. If watch the film almost every time there are multiple short routes Eli chooses the long receiver.

What I do notice is that Eli seems to have blinders for the one on one. If they double the two short rouyes and leave a man alone to defend a down field route Eli cant resist. I wonder if losing his QB coach is a factor there. Sometimes you need a familiar outside perspective to identify those sort of biases.

Roosevelt
01-13-2013, 07:55 PM
snee is on his way downhill no doubt, id consider cutting him also (sometimes it sucks,i like him )

That has to be awfully tough with Tom as his coach/father-in-law.

Eliscruzzz
01-13-2013, 07:55 PM
LMFAOwow you pick one play that was call on third down to make a moot point....find the ones where the route is 10 or more yards on third and short.

Marvelousmik
01-13-2013, 10:37 PM
wow you pick one play that was call on third down to make a moot point....find the ones where the route is 10 or more yards on third and short.

look closely. The reciever on the far right is suppose to run 15 yards down field. My point is if eli throws it deep on a 3rd and short, it doesnt mean there arent other receivers running shorter routes.

Marvelousmik
01-13-2013, 10:45 PM
What I do notice is that Eli seems to have blinders for the one on one. If they double the two short rouyes and leave a man alone to defend a down field route Eli cant resist. I wonder if losing his QB coach is a factor there. Sometimes you need a familiar outside perspective to identify those sort of biases.

+1 most qbs will go where they see the 1v1 matchup

TextureDj
01-14-2013, 05:22 AM
+1 most qbs will go where they see the 1v1 matchupIt just seems like recently teams have been able to bait Eli into those low percentage passes in shorter yardage situations. Sometimes you have to not play along you know?