PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Chris Snee Will Postpone Surgery, Play In 2013 Pro Bowl

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 08:52 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/12/new-york-giants-chris-snee-will-hold-off-on-surgery-play-in-2013-pro-bowl/

Excerpt: "New York Giants' offensive linemanChris Snee (http://www.giants101.com/tag/chris-snee/) played all 16 games of the 2012 season, but it certainly wasn't easy. It was revealed shortly after their season ended that Snee had not only battled through a partially torn hip labrum, but also several painful bone spurs.

A source close to Snee recently told Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/12/bone-spurs-added-to-snees-painful-hip-injury) that he had "no idea" how Snee was even able to play, and that the veteran guard was in "a ton of pain." Yet he stuck it out and plans to do exactly that over the next few weeks, forgoing surgery so that he can play in the 2013 Po Bowl (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2013/01/snee-to-play-in-pro-bowl-no-surgery-yet)." Read more...

NYG4lifeNYK
01-12-2013, 08:57 PM
WHY would he not do everything in his power to come back 100% healthy next season.. makes ZERO sense. In such a meaningless game. The game is a joke and that's a HUGE understatement.

This is not in the best interest of the team, they shouldn't let him play and instead opt to have the surgery as soon as possible.

Even if it's just a minor surgery... still makes no sense.

Following the game, Snee will meet with doctors to discuss his options, and will likely need "minor" surgery. He is expected to be ready when the team begins training camp in July.

I'd rather that be a certainty after the season he had.

Cool Papa B.
01-12-2013, 08:58 PM
You get to vacation in Hawaii for week and play a few snaps of non competitive football, AND you get paid for it.....

Why not?!?!!

RoanokeFan
01-12-2013, 09:04 PM
WHY would he not do everything in his power to come back 100% healthy next season.. makes ZERO sense. In such a meaningless game. The game is a joke and that's a HUGE understatement.

This is not in the best interest of the team, they shouldn't let him play and instead opt to have the surgery as soon as possible.

Following the game, Snee will meet with doctors to discuss his options, and will likely need "minor" surgery. He is expected to be ready when the team begins training camp in July.

I am sure the medical poeple have told him what the anticipated recovery period is. I think the Pro Bowl is little more than a beauty pageant, but the players think otherwise. At his age, I don't blame him. How many more shots at the Pro Bowl is he likely to get?

C1010
01-12-2013, 10:46 PM

Im gonna take a wild guess and say maybe he gets some sort of pay bump for attending the probowl. I know the probowl itself has money at stake.

Giantsfan241
01-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Hey, good for him, didn't necessarily play very good due to injuries but he got in so let him enjoy it, better be ready by camp though.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-12-2013, 11:00 PM
If he's 100% by camp then great Chris have fun... but so help you if you're not.

When you're in the game sit there, look pretty, and let everyone through and we'll be all good :)

TroyArcher
01-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Your father in law will not be happy.

ibbill
01-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Your father in law will not be happy.

Surprise the NYG with the first pick draft a GUARD the old man was mad

TheBookOfEli
01-13-2013, 12:25 AM
He shouldn't have even been a pro-bowl selection.

BigBlueAllDay
01-13-2013, 12:27 AM
You get to vacation in Hawaii for week and play a few snaps of non competitive football, AND you get paid for it.....

Why not?!?!!

BINGO. It's a weekend where players can get away from all the criticism about their non-Superbowl teams and just enjoy themselves after another long season.

RagTime Blue
01-13-2013, 02:57 AM
He shouldn't have even been a pro-bowl selection.

No disrespect to #76. . .he's doing the best he can, but he's had two down years in a row now. You wonder if the people who make the selections even bother to watch any NFL games or do they just go by salary.

Flip Empty
01-13-2013, 03:18 AM
No disrespect to #76. . .he's doing the best he can, but he's had two down years in a row now. You wonder if the people who make the selections even bother to watch any NFL games or do they just go by salary.

They go with name recognition for the linemen, I think. Snee had a couple of legit Pro Bowl-worthy (if there is such a thing) seasons, so people know his name.

It's hard to track linemen as they don't receive media coverage unless they've done something wrong.

Rat_bastich
01-13-2013, 03:43 AM
They go with name recognition for the linemen, I think. Snee had a couple of legit Pro Bowl-worthy (if there is such a thing) seasons, so people know his name.

It's hard to track linemen as they don't receive media coverage unless they've done something wrong.

Also, stats for a lineman are not plentiful as other positions. When you do Pro-Bowl balloting all you see are names and teams. I think thats why so many players that were injured for a amjority of a year still make it in. I always like to look at top running backs and how little a quarterback was sacked when making a selection...usually because I am bored at work when making those selections.

M00KIE
01-13-2013, 07:19 AM

Why not?!?!!

Because you make millions of dollars and can go to Hawaii and better, anytime you like.

Flip Empty
01-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Because you make millions of dollars and can go to Hawaii and better, anytime you like.

They also get to hang about with their peers, that's something they don't get to do otherwise.

Redeyejedi
01-13-2013, 10:14 AM
No disrespect to #76. . .he's doing the best he can, but he's had two down years in a row now. You wonder if the people who make the selections even bother to watch any NFL games or do they just go by salary. I think they just remember who they voted for the year before like that 1 movie when Chris Rock becomes a senator

NorwoodBlue
01-13-2013, 11:56 AM
He's very much the next Diehl. He needs to take a victory lap for his career while he still can. If not next season, then very soon after, he's going to be the weak link in this line. That's not a derogatory statement directed at him, it's simply a fact that age catches up with all these guys. If he can have the pro bowl experience, and be healed up in time for camp, then more power to him.

M00KIE
01-13-2013, 02:04 PM
They also get to hang about with their peers, that's something they don't get to do otherwise.

Ok, but in the context of what's actually important, being ready to go next year, if he isn't, will you say "Meh, it's ok...He was hanging out with his peers."?

BigBlueAllDay
01-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Good thing the team nor the NFL nor diehard fans run their lives as well... lol

nycisgreat
01-13-2013, 02:33 PM

I agree. His health should be the first thing on his mind. No playing a game that won't yield anything positive towards his health.

frantlj
01-13-2013, 06:44 PM
I know the Pro Bowl is a joke to most fans but the league still holds it in semi-high regard when evaluating a player's career. After individual stats, Super
Bowl wins and appearances, Pro Bowl selections are always listed in a player's resume when discussing HOF chances. I'm sure it's seen as an honor for the players even when not deserved.

I agree. His health should be the first thing on his mind. No playing a game that won't yield anything positive towards his health.

GeoGoGo
01-13-2013, 08:49 PM
I think they just remember who they voted for the year before like that 1 movie when Chris Rock becomes a senator

I think you are referring to Eddie Murphy in The Distinguished Gentleman.