PDA

View Full Version : Why did we cut Brandon Stokely

wgsgiants
01-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Crazy Questions but why did we cut Brandon Stokely again?

Giantsfan241
01-12-2013, 09:38 PM
We have an abundance of wr's.

slipknottin
01-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Because the giants have this Cruz fella who is pretty good from the slot, not sure if you have heard of him.

Drez
01-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Yeah, Stokely got banged up then Cruz blew up.

nhpgiantsfan
01-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Stokley is old and not that good anymore. It's his connection with Peyton that makes him flourish. They have played together for a long time.

Flip Empty
01-12-2013, 10:08 PM
They cut him because he got hurt

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
01-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Because the giants have this Cruz fella who is pretty good from the slot, not sure if you have heard of him.

lmao

Buddy333
01-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Didn't he have a season ending injury and then Cruz became a super star?

G-Men Surg.
01-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Didn't he have a season ending injury and then Cruz became a super star?
He did have a season ending injury but at the time if memory serves me well it was Nicks and Mario the ones who were missing time due to injuries.

greenca190
01-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Crazy Questions but why did we cut Brandon Stokely again?

Because the guy is like 40 and has had just as many concussions.

Rat_bastich
01-13-2013, 02:16 AM
I think it was more at the time the Giants were not sure what they had as a slot receiver and Stokely was the best option available. Cruz' only audition at the time was preseason and I think the coaching staff was looking for a more veteran, proven, receiver because Cruz was an unknown in a real game. Stokely didn't impress and got hurt I believe it was and Cruz got on the field. Stokely was just taking up a roster spot at that point.

Flip Empty
01-13-2013, 02:26 AM
I think it was more at the time the Giants were not sure what they had as a slot receiver and Stokely was the best option available. Cruz' only audition at the time was preseason and I think the coaching staff was looking for a more veteran, proven, receiver because Cruz was an unknown in a real game. Stokely didn't impress and got hurt I believe it was and Cruz got on the field. Stokely was just taking up a roster spot at that point.
Not unlike Wilson this year. He only managed to start because everyone else was injured.

Rat_bastich
01-13-2013, 02:28 AM
Not unlike Wilson this year. He only managed to start because everyone else was injured.

Yep. It seems we find our gems when something weird happens to one of our options.

Toadofsteel
01-13-2013, 02:34 AM

I'm calling it now, Kregg Lumpkin is going to have a breakout 2013 season with the broncos...