PDA

View Full Version : Eli's Replacement.

NYGfanNC
01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
This thread isn't suggesting we need to replace Eli right now because I know we don't. I'm just wondering, whenever we do replace Eli, what kind of QB will it be? After seeing what Collin Kaepernick did last night and what Russell Wilson did today, and what Robert Griffin III did all year, I think the Giants should seriously look at getting a mobile QB. There game changers. Thoughts?

AllHailEli
01-13-2013, 09:30 PM
I want a durable, clutch quarterback.

GameTime
01-13-2013, 09:30 PM
it may not be a choice in the next few years. It may be the what is best available. Even Luck runs and has quite a few rushing TDs.....

Mod_N
01-13-2013, 09:31 PM
So many variables... yes that seems to be the wave of the future but I'm not sure if our future coach will have the Coughlin philosophy or not.

G-MENBK
01-13-2013, 09:31 PM
I want a durable, clutch quarterback.

And you don't get that with a mobile quarterback. I don't mind a QB who isn't shy of running it but does so only when all things fail, meaning receivers aren't open.

AllHailEli
01-13-2013, 09:33 PM
And you don't get that with a mobile quarterback. I don't mind a QB who isn't shy of running it but does so only when all things fail, meaning receivers aren't open.

Pretty much. I don't want a Michael Vick who barely plays all 16 games.

ashleymarie
01-13-2013, 09:38 PM

I would like a qb who knows when it is best to stay in the pocket, yet will run when he thinks it is safe to pick up a few yeards. Such a qb could be difficult to find.

KjGiants23
01-13-2013, 09:41 PM
I agree, I think we should get a QB that isn't afraid to stand in the pocket and throw one down field, but can run if necessary. Or you know, I could take over.

NYGfanNC
01-13-2013, 09:44 PM
it may not be a choice in the next few years. It may be the what is best available. Even Luck runs and has quite a few rushing TDs.....
Yes. Too me, I'd rather have a Luck/Wilson type rather than a Kaepernick/ Griffin type. Less prone to injury.

Mod_N
01-13-2013, 09:45 PM
I would like a qb who knows when it is best to stay in the pocket, yet will run when he thinks it is safe to pick up a few yeards. Such a qb could be difficult to find.

I want an All Pro QB who wins every game.

Parademon
01-13-2013, 09:47 PM
We need to draft a QB that when the play is busted or all his recievers are covered, has the mobility & speed to pick up the neccessary yardage needed on 3rd down to give us a fresh set of downs. Don't know how it burns me to see Eli throwing a ball away on 3rd & short when he could have just ran the 4-5 freakin yds but can't cuz he's got 2 left ft.

I've seen some games where the entire field is open for Eli to run the yds needed for a 1st down & he will still try & force a throw into a double teamed WR.

ashleymarie
01-13-2013, 09:49 PM
I agree, I think we should get a QB that isn't afraid to stand in the pocket and throw one down field, but can run if necessary. Or you know, I could take over.

;)

AllHailEli
01-13-2013, 09:50 PM
We need to draft a QB that when the play is busted or all his recievers are covered, has the mobility & speed to pick up the neccessary yardage needed on 3rd down to give us a fresh set of downs. Don't know how it burns me to see Eli throwing a ball away on 3rd & short when he could have just ran the 4-5 freakin yds but can't cuz he's got 2 left ft.

I've seen some games where the entire field is open for Eli to run the yds needed for a 1st down & he will still try & force a throw into a double teamed WR.

Might not be so much of a problem if you have a really good RB.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
01-13-2013, 09:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8i9kVG7owA

Parademon
01-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Might not be so much of a problem if you have a really good RB.

Gore, Lynch & Morris are extremely good RBs, their QBs still run.

Flip Empty
01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
The latter is also a mobile quarterback. Aaron Rodgers fits that mould, as do Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson.

BigBlueAllDay
01-13-2013, 10:12 PM
I have an answer that playing college football right now. Some of you know him already and it's not Johnny Manziel.

thomasjmarino
01-13-2013, 10:42 PM

And I thought it was just me...

Mod_N
01-13-2013, 10:42 PM
I have an answer that playing college football right now. Some of you know him already and it's not Johnny Manziel.Teddy Bridgewater?

thomasjmarino
01-13-2013, 10:43 PM
I have an answer that playing college football right now. Some of you know him already and it's not Johnny Manziel.

And that QB is??????????????????

G-MENBK
01-13-2013, 11:13 PM
The latter is also a mobile quarterback. Aaron Rodgers fits that mould, as do Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson.

Rodgers fits that mold now. Before, he'd also have no problems trying to rush it whenever possible, which is why he ended up with 3 concussions.

BurnerNYG
01-14-2013, 03:50 AM
Interesting thread. Hopefully Carolina fails to get Newton the needed weapons and he decides to leave when his rookie contract is up. Playing at Auburn, he'll feel right at home with Big Blue. I know this isn't gonna happen but one can dream, can't he? Lol

Giants5699
01-14-2013, 04:19 AM

IDK Russel Wilson seems pretty clutch. IMO, he is the best of his draft class.

Marvelousmik
01-14-2013, 04:23 AM
Interesting thread. Hopefully Carolina fails to get Newton the needed weapons and he decides to leave when his rookie contract is up. Playing at Auburn, he'll feel right at home with Big Blue. I know this isn't gonna happen but one can dream, can't he? Lol

I know you're in big fan of cam, but Who do you think will end up being better?

Kappernick, russel wilson, RG3, or cam?

Im starting to think this kappernick guy is going to be a beast. Either that or coach harbaugh is a real good QB coach.

RoanokeFan
01-14-2013, 06:52 AM

I'd like Eli with a little more mobility. There are QBs like Kapernick who can scramble for serious yard WHEN NECESSARY.

Giants5699
01-14-2013, 06:54 AM

Im starting to think this kappernick guy is going to be a beast. Either that or coach harbaugh is a real good QB coach.

Kaepernick and Wilson are going to be about equal.

RG3 has 4 years left if he continues to play like he has. And he will play those 4 seasons over a 10 year span.

Flip Empty
01-14-2013, 06:57 AM
IDK Russel Wilson seems pretty clutch. IMO, he is the best of his draft class.
This year, definitely - Wilson was impressive as hell. I kept waiting for him to crack but he just kept on delivering. Crazy patience and smarts for a rookie.

He kept stepping up to avoid the pressure - RGIII would've taken off instead.

Seahawks got the steal of the draft.

Redeyejedi
01-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Depends I wouldnt want Griffin he is far to small and Spindly. I loved both Kaepernick and Wilson coming out wouldnt mind either of them, Wilson was the first small QB I ever really ,really liked in the draft. He was so good in every other area his stature didnt matter at all. Had he been 6'2 he would of went Top 10.Kaeperick has all the tools to be a great QB. The only real flaws he had coming out was his mechanics and his offense. His throwing motion still has that hitch in it but he makes up for it with velocity

TuckandRolle
01-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Eli's replacement probably isn't even in college yet.

Rudyy
01-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Someone who is smart.

jakegibbs
01-14-2013, 08:51 AM
This thread isn't suggesting we need to replace Eli right now because I know we don't. I'm just wondering, whenever we do replace Eli, what kind of QB will it be? After seeing what Collin Kaepernick did last night and what Russell Wilson did today, and what Robert Griffin III did all year, I think the Giants should seriously look at getting a mobile QB. There game changers. Thoughts?

Johnny Football will be available in 2 to 3 seasons. Ask the current BSC champion Ala about him. He went to their home field & spanked them as a freshman this past season. He can run, pass, kick extra points, tote the water bucket etc....

BurnerNYG
01-14-2013, 09:27 AM

Im starting to think this kappernick guy is going to be a beast. Either that or coach harbaugh is a real good QB coach.That's a hard one. I know we can look at this past weekend and pick either Kaepernick or Wilson easily but I need more time because who knows if Seattle would've been playing yesterday if RG3 was healthy. Cam hasn't played in a playoff game yet but judging from Carolina's last few games of the season, they were starting to look like playoff contenders. They destroyed Washington and Atlanta and put some beatings on a few other teams. All those guys are nice but like a poster already mentioned, Griffin might not last or be the same player that he was.

But to answer your question or give you a guess rather... I'm gonna go with Wilson but that can change next week lol.

Shockeystays08
01-14-2013, 10:13 AM

I've seen some games where the entire field is open for Eli to run the yds needed for a 1st down & he will still try & force a throw
into a double teamed WR.

You seem to have a very clear view of reality with regard to Eli. There are many of us Giants fans who feel this way. The fans with their heads in the sand about Eli.................. the view is a bit distorted.

Jtuck
01-14-2013, 10:14 AM

I see I am not the only one that see's this!

Jtuck
01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
You seem to have a very clear view of reality with regard to Eli. There are many of us Giants fans who feel this way. The fans with their heads in the sand about Eli.................. the view is a bit distorted.

A bit distorted is an understatement! More like koolaid cultish!!

EliDaMANning
01-14-2013, 10:59 AM
3 out of the 4 QB left are pocket passers. Pocket passers win SB. I want a throw first run only when necessary QB like Eli as a replacement 5-8 years from now.

Toadofsteel
01-14-2013, 11:06 AM
We should be drafting a new QB late in the first round 5 years from now to start developing...

nycsportzfan
01-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Every player is diffrent, as far as having shorter primes of there career or longer..etc We got a QB now in his 30's, and i woulden't be against drafting a developmental QB in the mid rds now, just in case.. Maybe a guy like Matt Scott from Arizona in RD 4-5, or Brad Sorensen, and keep em on ice, just in case, ELI's prime isn't as long as say Peytons.. Not every player has 15yr careers where they play sensational.. Its what seperates HOF great QB's from Really good QB's from Decent QB's from Cr-ap QB's...etc Longevity and performance.. People fall into diffrent groups , and once u get ELI's age, u start to find out what group hes gonna fall into.. Just in case, drafting a solid QB to keep on ice is not a bad idea at all..

giantsfan420
01-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Kaepernick and Wilson are going to be about equal.

RG3 has 4 years left if he continues to play like he has. And he will play those 4 seasons over a 10 year span.rgknee may not even have 4 yrs. read an article on nfl.com about how the redskins are seriously worried about his knee. 3x now on that knee its been reconstructed. they just dont know if theres any cartilage left and whether or not bone on bone rubbing will occur, which would mean he couldnt even return at all...it truly is a shame how messed up the redskins org. handled that whole situation it truly is. he had so much talent/potential. he still has that but the knee, man, that knee...

BigBlue1971
01-14-2013, 02:23 PM
these rookies and 2nd career qbs who use running as a major part of their game are amazing.

it appears Kaepernick and/or Wilson both get many of their yards from scrambling whereas most of the yards RG3 gets are designed runs!

i think the Giants will eventually replace Eli with a more mobile qb hopefully in the mold of Wilson!

TrueBlue10
01-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Sooo much crazy going on in this thread.

What's the ultimate goal here? Highlight reels? Stats? Machismo? or SuperBowls?

Eli has won more SBs than any other Giants quarterback. He's one of only five players in NFL history to be a 2x SB MVP. He's accomplished this with a great deal of help of course, but with a very different supporting cast years apart.

And some of you are already fixated on replacing the guy? I know it's the off-season for us and it can be fun to speculate. And yes, EVENTUALLY Eli will need to be replaced and there's nothing wrong with discussing it now. But the phrasing some of you are using is just soooo off base. Like this is some urgent hole we need to plug right away.

It comes off as the fan equivalent of running before making the catch. In other words, enjoy Eli while you can. Trust me, unless we have a Favre --> Rodgers, Peyton --> Luck situation, we're gonna miss Eli when he's gone. And as history has shown again and again, even great potential doesn't always translate to actual Championships. So let's not be in such a hurry to replace the guy, huh?

These two guys know what's up ...

Eli's replacement probably isn't even in college yet.

3 out of the 4 QB left are pocket passers. Pocket passers win SB. I want a throw first run only when necessary QB like Eli as a replacement 5-8 years from now.

CDN_G-FAN
01-14-2013, 05:57 PM
this is a unique team, unique market and you need a unique QB.

i honestly believe Rivers and Rothlesberger would have had far worse careers in NY than the had in their respective cities because of the challenges this place holds.

Same thing with sanchez.

you need QB with the right mentality and the right perspective.

but to keep with the theme of this thread, i still like pocket passers, unless the NFL changes the rules to protect mobile QBs when they run and completely redefines the game for a generation.

TheEnigma
01-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Someone that fits the Marcus Mariota build. As electrifying as Wilson has been recently, I don't want my QB having to roll left or right out of the pocket at times JUST so he can see down the field. RG3 has a strong arm, amazing running ability, and intelligence but his size issues are a legit concern. Give me a guy who is a deadly pocket passer first but also has that ability to rip off a 20+ yard run when the middle of the field is open. More of these QBs each year are popping up out of college and it will take a few years but don't be surprised when guys like Eli are the rare breed...

Redeyejedi
01-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Every player is diffrent, as far as having shorter primes of there career or longer..etc We got a QB now in his 30's, and i woulden't be against drafting a developmental QB in the mid rds now, just in case.. Maybe a guy like Matt Scott from Arizona in RD 4-5, or Brad Sorensen, and keep em on ice, just in case, ELI's prime isn't as long as say Peytons.. Not every player has 15yr careers where they play sensational.. Its what seperates HOF great QB's from Really good QB's from Decent QB's from Cr-ap QB's...etc Longevity and performance.. People fall into diffrent groups , and once u get ELI's age, u start to find out what group hes gonna fall into.. Just in case, drafting a solid QB to keep on ice is not a bad idea at all..only problem is the Giants dont want to carry 3 QB's and they wont have a rookie backing up Eli . He would be on the practice squad and can be stolen at any time so until they are willing to change its pointless. Believe me though Id like to have a young QB around

kNicksGiants
01-14-2013, 06:12 PM
russel wilson, kaepernick and rg3 would all be practically useless in the giants offensive scheme.

the reasons these guys are having so much success is virtually all credited to the coaches for designing their offense to fit their quarterback. they make the offense simple, give them easy high low reads and use the read option, something they did in college, which keeps them in a comfort zone.

our coaches are too stubborn to make the offense simple and easy for the qb.

another thing is the seahawks, 9ers and redskins all have great offensive lines which makes it easier on the qb.

Redeyejedi
01-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Someone that fits the Marcus Mariota build. As electrifying as Wilson has been recently, I don't want my QB having to roll left or right out of the pocket at times JUST so he can see down the field. RG3 has a strong arm, amazing running ability, and intelligence but his size issues are a legit concern. Give me a guy who is a deadly pocket passer first but also has that ability to rip off a 20+ yard run when the middle of the field is open. More of these QBs each year are popping up out of college and it will take a few years but don't be surprised when guys like Eli are the rare breed...Kaepernick is a big QB the guy is 6'5 230.

CDN_G-FAN
russel wilson, kaepernick and rg3 would all be practically useless in the giants offensive scheme.

the reasons these guys are having so much success is virtually all credited to the coaches for designing their offense to fit their quarterback. they make the offense simple, give them easy high low reads and use the read option, something they did in college, which keeps them in a comfort zone.

another thing is the seahawks, 9ers and redskins all have great offensive lines which makes it easier on the qb.

darn stubborn coaches with their two championships rings.

jeez, what are we gonna do about these guys?

RoanokeFan
only problem is the Giants dont want to carry 3 QB's and they wont have a rookie backing up Eli . He would be on the practice squad and can be stolen at any time so until they are willing to change its pointless. Believe me though Id like to have a young QB around

If we gave him the off-season to work out on Eli's regimen, Harooni would be a cheap FA (Fake Agent) :popcorn:

RoanokeFan
01-14-2013, 06:17 PM

You think Eli is struggling in this offense because it's not "simple and easy"?

TheEnigma
01-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Kaepernick is a big QB the guy is 6'5 230.

Yeah guys like Kaep and Newton (physically) are the way to go if you want a dual threat QB. Mariota is 19 years old and will probably put on another 10bs of weight before he enters the NFL. That additional wrinkle in the offense is just deadly if you go against undisciplined defenses and also helps the receivers get more separation in the backfield.

kNicksGiants
01-14-2013, 06:21 PM
darn stubborn coaches with their two championships rings.

jeez, what are we gonna do about these guys?just pointing out the reality. you take any of these beast young qbs and put them on the giants and they would struggle. our coaches wouldn't change the system to make it easier for them like their coaches have done on their respective teams.

Eliscruzzz
01-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Give me a quarterback, that plays from the pocket and can read defenses with the threat to run. I only know one like that and it's Aaron Rodgers.Maybe Luck in the future.

kNicksGiants
01-14-2013, 06:26 PM
You think Eli is struggling in this offense because it's not "simple and easy"?not exactly... but throughout the years half of eli's bad plays are from him not making the same reads as his receivers. he is forced to hold the ball not knowing where his guys will actually be, then if he gets pressured and is forced to throw the ball early he has to basically guess where his target will be. all the route options and sight adjustments aren't a problem for eli, but when he has new receivers every other year that take a couple years to fully understand the system, only to leave in free agency... what's the point? not to mention the fact defenses have figured it out and can basically get receivers to run the routes they want them to run, or simply disguise their coverages to get them to run the wrong route. it's the reason our offense is so feast or famine., and also why we look so much better in the 2 minute drill because the offense is simplfied in the hurry up.

Eliscruzzz
01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Depends I wouldnt want Griffin he is far to small and Spindly. I loved both Kaepernick and Wilson coming out wouldnt mind either of them, Wilson was the first small QB I ever really ,really liked in the draft. He was so good in every other area his stature didnt matter at all. Had he been 6'2 he would of went Top 10.Kaeperick has all the tools to be a great QB. The only real flaws he had coming out was his mechanics and his offense. His throwing motion still has that hitch in it but he makes up for it with velocityYeah Wilson was impressive at Wisconsin even at NC state he was. I told people I would take him over Griffin and was blasted for it. I never really seen Kaepernick in college.

BigBlueAllDay
01-14-2013, 06:32 PM
And that QB is??????????????????

I was thinking Oregon Ducks QB Marcus Mariota. He's got the potential to be better than Kaepernick. He should be available near the end of Eli's contract/career. Yea Yea, it's a long shot.

RoanokeFan
01-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Yeah guys like Kaep and Newton (physically) are the way to go if you want a dual threat QB. Mariota is 19 years old and will probably put on another 10bs of weight before he enters the NFL. That additional wrinkle in the offense is just deadly if you go against undisciplined defenses and also helps the receivers get more separation in the backfield.

I like a moderate amount of mobility in a QB, but look where Vick and RG III are now. I realize trhey want to win, but they do things to put themselves in harm's way like turning themselves into running backs. A QB should ONLY run when all else fails and them he needs to avoid the hit by sliding. I was screaming when Eli laid into the defender with his shoulder in that one game.

RoanokeFan
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
not exactly... but throughout the years half of eli's bad plays are from him not making the same reads as his receivers. he is forced to hold the ball not knowing where his guys will actually be, then if he gets pressured and is forced to throw the ball early he has to basically guess where his target will be. all the route options and sight adjustments aren't a problem for eli, but when he has new receivers every other year that take a couple years to fully understand the system, only to leave in free agency... what's the point? not to mention the fact defenses have figured it out and can basically get receivers to run the routes they want them to run, or simply disguise their coverages to get them to run the wrong route. it's the reason our offense is so feast or famine., and also why we look so much better in the 2 minute drill because the offense is simplfied in the hurry up.

But it's the same offense he's played in since 2004 and was the SB MVP 2X

kNicksGiants
01-14-2013, 06:43 PM
But it's the same offense he's played in since 2004 and was the SB MVP 2Xhow does that change the fact that the system is complex and leads to many mistakes... plus the defense was more responsible for both superbowls. both years the giants won the superbowl the defense played above and beyond what they did in the regular season.

i never liked the system, but i can't complain about the 2 championships. at this point i feel like defenses have figured it out more so than in the past. we weren't really a pass first team until 2009... i think since we won the superbowl teams have taken a closer look at our scheme and are better at stopping it. i always wondered how good our offense could be in a more west coast style system.

Flip Empty
01-14-2013, 06:43 PM
I was screaming when Eli laid into the defender with his shoulder in that one game.
I cover my eyes every time he scrambles haha

RoanokeFan
01-14-2013, 06:52 PM
I cover my eyes every time he scrambles haha

The reality is if Eli injures himself by trying to run the ball, and he loses any appreciable time, we're screwed. We don't have Cousins in the wings.

AllHailEli
01-14-2013, 06:58 PM
But it's the same offense he's played in since 2004 and was the SB MVP 2X

Wasn't this his problem after Plaxico? And most recently in 2010 when he threw a lot of interceptions, some of them were tipped balls, and receivers dropping balls? You need to develop rapport with your receivers. In 2011, he actually had that passing camp which Victor Cruz attended to practice with his receivers. Did he have one of those in 2012?

I'm just remembering how everybody was in a panic in 2011 when we lost Steve Smith and Kevin Boss, and then did not go harder to get Plaxico, how people were questioning we had nobody. Suddenly Nicks, Cruz and Manningham became stars, and now we seem to be back to questioning things again. It's important Nicks gets healthy, he's Eli's number 1 receiver.

Rudyy
01-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Wasn't this his problem after Plaxico? And most recently in 2010 when he threw a lot of interceptions, some of them were tipped balls, and receivers dropping balls? You need to develop rapport with your receivers. In 2011, he actually had that passing camp which Victor Cruz attended to practice with his receivers. Did he have one of those in 2012?

I'm just remembering how everybody was in a panic in 2011 when we lost Steve Smith and Kevin Boss, and then did not go harder to get Plaxico, how people were questioning we had nobody. Suddenly Nicks, Cruz and Manningham became stars, and now we seem to be back to questioning things again. It's important Nicks gets healthy, he's Eli's number 1 receiver.I know Eli came out and said he got little to no reps with Hakeem.

Eliscruzzz
01-14-2013, 07:15 PM

I'm just remembering how everybody was in a panic in 2011 when we lost Steve Smith and Kevin Boss, and then did not go harder to get Plaxico, how people were questioning we had nobody. Suddenly Nicks, Cruz and Manningham became stars, and now we seem to be back to questioning things again. It's important Nicks gets healthy, he's Eli's number 1 receiver.Sorry but Hakeem Nicks and Cruz are way more dynamic player then Plax and Smith. Eli makes them look good but they also make him look good also. Their YAC when both are healthy is ridiculous.

Bosco
01-14-2013, 07:32 PM
We will see if this new generation of QB is the wave of the future. But league figured out Cam this year. Vince Young before him I predict league will figure out RG, Kapernick, Wilson etc. Having mobility helps - Rodgers, Big Ben as examples - but it is their pocket abilities that make them consistent winners. E Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlisburger, E Manning, P Manning, ... Brady Brady Brady

But who knows, maybe game is changing. We haven't seen the running types last long enough to tell yet. Time will tell if this is indeed a new breed

AllHailEli
01-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Yeah, shouldn't we give these rookies a few more seasons to find out? They all look good now, but let's see what happens after people have a time to study this season and figure out how to defend them. Among them though, Wilson impressed me the most.

AllHailEli
01-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Sorry but Hakeem Nicks and Cruz are way more dynamic player then Plax and Smith. Eli makes them look good but they also make him look good also. Their YAC when both are healthy is ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm just saying Eli has a problem when he does not have a clear number one receiver. How far we've come from 2010. Now we just expect stars to come out of the woodwork. :) Anyway, I won't discount Plaxico's importance esp in the 2007 and 2008 seasons. He played hurt the whole 2007 season and was not even practicing but he still put up numbers and played like a beast in the NFC championship against Green Bay, more than I can say to what happened to Nicks this season. This is out of topic here though. :).

jomo
01-14-2013, 08:00 PM
I'll take the Tom Brady clone. In the mean time I am thrilled to have Eli as our guy.

RoanokeFan
01-14-2013, 08:05 PM

I'm just remembering how everybody was in a panic in 2011 when we lost Steve Smith and Kevin Boss, and then did not go harder to get Plaxico, how people were questioning we had nobody. Suddenly Nicks, Cruz and Manningham became stars, and now we seem to be back to questioning things again. It's important Nicks gets healthy, he's Eli's number 1 receiver.

Wasn't that the CBA issue pre-season when most of the receivers attended Eli camp in Hoboken? Last season Eli took Randle aside to help him understand what he, Eli, wanted from him.

Flip Empty
01-14-2013, 08:42 PM
We will see if this new generation of QB is the wave of the future. But league figured out Cam this year.
I think it was more that the figured out the Panthers' offense. Once they switched things up, Cam turned it on.

giants8493
01-15-2013, 12:34 AM
If anything ever happened to Eli I would never forgive myself.

Generation Eli
01-15-2013, 07:14 AM

I want an OL that will protect my QB (I want top 5 type OL)

give me that first, then we can talk about the QB. As we have found out, when ur line plays like crap, your QB becomes a non factor.

Tebow Time :cool:

I dont care much for a mobile QB. Give me a pocket passer who gets protection and a player who makes those around him better and Im sold.

Another thing that makes ur QB a non factor (sorta) is a crappy defense. As we've seen, 28+ points should be enough to win a game, unless ur defense sucks.

flashnando
01-15-2013, 09:21 AM

I say we start the process now and clone Eli lol

Generation Eli
01-15-2013, 10:28 AM
I say we start the process now and clone Eli lol

Oh please God, not another Eli. If I have to watch his puny arm throw those wiggles, Im going to barf

How do I make the aforementioned RED? :mad:

flashnando
01-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Oh please God, not another Eli. If I have to watch his puny arm throw those wiggles, Im going to barf

How do I make the aforementioned RED? :mad:

Uhmmmmmmm......that "puny arm" has thrown 2 Amazing clutch throws in 2 superbowls for wins! unlike his older brother the "perfect arm and cerebral assassin" who threw a great INT to lose the game this past weekend. I wouldn't mind having another Eli.

TroyArcher
01-15-2013, 11:39 AM
This trend will be gone long before Eli retires. Give me a traditional pocket passer any day.

bandwgn86
01-15-2013, 02:25 PM
This thread isn't suggesting we need to replace Eli right now because I know we don't. I'm just wondering, whenever we do replace Eli, what kind of QB will it be? After seeing what Collin Kaepernick did last night and what Russell Wilson did today, and what Robert Griffin III did all year, I think the Giants should seriously look at getting a mobile QB. There game changers. Thoughts?stay with the pocket passers imo.. these running qb's seem to come and go like a fad.