giants2thebowl
12-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Solid as always, he is a great shutdown corner

stormblue
12-24-2011, 08:59 PM
you are kidding right ?

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Solid as always, he is a great shutdown cornerHe is not perfect, but no one is. Well that is unless you are Revis and you get special exclusions, like hitting early, and Defensive PI that are not called.

smashndash715
12-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Solid as always, he is a great shutdown cornerHe is not perfect, but no one is. Well that is unless you are Revis and you get special exclusions, like hitting early, and Defensive PI that are not called.

i have never in my life seen a corner that gets away with more **** then revis..99% percent of replays showing him covering a receiver he is tugging at the jersey..he MUGGED brandon marshall earlier in the season..threw him down and go figure..no flag

Eli TO Shockey
12-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Cweb is a good cornerback. Nothing more nothing less.

JacksGiant76
12-24-2011, 09:22 PM

I'd say he's very good and honestly, that's good enough for me.

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 09:25 PM

I'd say he's very good and honestly, that's good enough for me.
ditto

NY_Eli
12-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Webster is the best cb the giants have had in the last 10-15 years

stormblue
12-24-2011, 09:34 PM
had that last pass he picked been thrown on target he would have been beaten by 10 yards and out of position....he benefitted from the poor pass. most of his good plays were actually lousy passes.

i wonder what his target to passes defensed numbers are and how they compare with other corners in the league.

i'll bet his numbers are not in the top half.

JacksGiant76
12-24-2011, 09:38 PM
had that last pass he picked been thrown on target he would have been beaten by 10 yards and out of position....he benefitted from the poor pass. most of his good plays were actually lousy passes.

i wonder what his target to passes defensed numbers are and how they compare with other corners in the league.

Why are we picking on Corey Webster?? Even w/o the gimme interception, he was having a pretty good day. I could name at least 3 other players we could really tear apart after today.

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Again big giants fan - but if you cant see that Revis is in a league of his own your just not watching the guy week in and week out - the kid is flat out nasty.

Webster has been our best corner for years - and while he is not a shutdown guy he is very solid and played nicely today - we will need him next week against Dez and Laurent and Miles

gmen0820
12-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Again big giants fan - but if you cant see that Revis is in a league of his own your just not watching the guy week in and week out - the kid is flat out nasty.

Webster has been our best corner for years - and while he is not a shutdown guy he is very solid and played nicely today - we will need him next week against Dez and Laurent and Miles
Revis is just the most incredible corner I have ever seen. Cue the people that want to say he holds, you guys are nuts if you try to diminish this kids dominance in anyway.

Revis is just incredible, how many pass deflections did he have today?

stormblue
12-24-2011, 09:54 PM
the reason revis and all good corners are always
getting the calls their way is cuz they usually make contact with the ball.

they are great at reaching in and getting some of the ball.
you are allowed to touch them with one hand
if you get some ball with the other one.

none of our corners make good plays... they only get lucky when they play against lousy qb's.

you watch next week....romo ain't sanchez

austin and bryant will torch webster as usual.

eli will have to outscore them cuz our secondary won't stop nothin' against a good qb. they never do.

webster may be our best corner......but.that is only because the rest of secondary sucks worse than he does.

gmen0820
12-24-2011, 09:55 PM
he MUGGED brandon marshall earlier in the season..threw him down and go figure..no flagUh what? If anything that was offensive PI. Marshall gets jammed at the line, Revis is in perfect position in front of him and Marshall tries to bulldoze him, and is falling in the process.

http://nyc.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2011/10/Revis-PI-100-Yard-TD-Int1.gif

Look at Marshall lower his shoulder right into Revis' chest.

gmen0820
12-24-2011, 09:56 PM
the reason revis and all good corners
getting the calls their way is cuz they usually make contact with the ball.This.

gumby742
12-24-2011, 10:00 PM
he's good. just not 8 million a year good.

smashndash715
12-24-2011, 10:11 PM
he MUGGED brandon marshall earlier in the season..threw him down and go figure..no flagUh what? If anything that was offensive PI. Marshall gets jammed at the line, Revis is in perfect position in front of him and Marshall tries to bulldoze him, and is falling in the process.

you post a video that shows revis tugging his jersey..good work..exactly what i said

tt24
12-24-2011, 10:13 PM

i have never in my life seen a corner that gets away with more **** then revis..99% percent of replays showing him covering a receiver he is tugging at the jersey..he MUGGED brandon marshall earlier in the season..threw him down and go figure..no flagits the unwritten rules in the nfl. no flags against revis, ALWAYS throw a flag when someones pinky touches brady. Its just how it goes

logan9839
12-24-2011, 10:15 PM
Webster is one of the best active CBs in the league right now. He has played well in many different types of Defenses, can't say that about most. Web, Eli, and Cruz are carrying this team.

smashndash715
12-24-2011, 10:16 PM

i have never in my life seen a corner that gets away with more **** then revis..99% percent of replays showing him covering a receiver he is tugging at the jersey..he MUGGED brandon marshall earlier in the season..threw him down and go figure..no flagits the unwritten rules in the nfl. no flags against revis, ALWAYS throw a flag when someones pinky touches brady. Its just how it goes

i know thats how it is..just b.s

stormblue
12-24-2011, 10:23 PM

i know thats how it is..just b.s

oh stop it with the conspiracy theories already.
what's next....ufo's and aliens at area 51 ?
some more "grassy knoll" nonsense ?

the giants actually having a secondary ?
now that's a real conspiracy theory .

gmen0820
12-24-2011, 10:27 PM

you post a video that shows revis tugging his jersey..good work..exactly what i saidYou might want to take another look, Marshall is tripping and driving Revis and Revis holds has his hand on his back. Do you really think Marshall runs with his head staring at the ground, or do you just like to believe that the most feared corner in the league is in 'cahoots' with the refs. You're hilarious.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Webster is one of the best active CBs in the league right now. He has played well in many different types of Defenses, can't say that about most. Web, Eli, and Cruz are carrying this team.

+1

GameTime
12-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Webster is one of the best active CBs in the league right now. He has played well in many different types of Defenses, can't say that about most. Web, Eli, and Cruz are carrying this team.</P>

you forgot JPP....he is huge to the Giants wins....</P>

TrueBlue07
12-24-2011, 10:44 PM
75% of your time spent on Hold is when you call Verizon. The other 25% is when Revis24 covers you

T-Murda84
12-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Revis is a very very good corner. U have to also remember that the Jets dont have much of a pass rush too. I seen Corey Webster and Aaron Ross burnt like toast even when JPP is in the face of a QB.

stormblue
12-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Webster and Revis do not even belong in the same conversation.

now Webster and Newman......that would be a legit comparison.

nYg24
12-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Webster is good, but he's not a shutdown corner. There are only a few true shutdown corners, Revis is the only one in the league. When you think shutdown corner you think of guys like Deion Sanders, Cory doesn't come close to Deion or Revis.

netplus
12-25-2011, 11:41 AM

Your guess is incorrect. Webster's completion against % is 55%, good for 33rd out of 104 CB's who have played enough snaps to qualify. He also has 8 passes defensed which put him 17th out of 104 CB's.

Not elite numbers, but good enough for me. If the Giants had 4 DB's in the top third we'd have a pretty good secondary. Unfortunately, we don't.

appodictic
12-25-2011, 11:50 AM

Your guess is correct. Webster's completion against % is 55%, good for 33rd out of 104 CB's who have played enough snaps to qualify. He also has 8 passes defensed which put him 17th out of 104 CB's. Pretty good if you consider he gets "Help" from guys named williams and Rolle

logan9839
12-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Webster is one of the best active CBs in the league right now. He has played well in many different types of Defenses, can't say that about most. Web, Eli, and Cruz are carrying this team.</P>

you forgot JPP....he is huge to the Giants wins....</P>

100% agree, not sure how I could forget JPP

TroyArcher
12-25-2011, 03:12 PM

Defensive holding, can't grab and pull the receivers jersey. Pretty stupid example to try to prove your love affair with Revis

NYGiant92
12-25-2011, 03:42 PM

This is such an ignorant comment. Did u even know what coverge they were in? It seemed to me like they were in a cover 3 and Webster jumped off of his man to make a play on the ball, which shows great awareness and skill. Even if that ball was thrown accurately, Phillips was in that zone and probably wouldve made a play on the ball as well.

stormblue
12-25-2011, 05:41 PM

This is such an ignorant comment. Did u even know what coverge they were in? It seemed to me like they were in a cover 3 and Webster jumped off of his man to make a play on the ball, which shows great awareness and skill. Even if that ball was thrown accurately, Phillips was in that zone and probably wouldve made a play on the ball as well.

can't find a replay anywhere to confirm/deny your claim.
i was not at the game, so all i really saw was
him coming across the deep middle way behind the intended receiver.
you could be right but if it was cover 3 it could have also been his man to start with and he was coming back to him.
but i can eat crow and take you at your word if that's the way it went down.
i'd still like to see a replay.

TheAngryTuna
12-25-2011, 06:22 PM
To me it looks like as Marshall is crossing the 5 yard line he looses his balance, HOWEVER, it also looks like at that moment Revis reaches up, grabs his jersey and pulls it down to the ground causing him to fail to regain his balance. You can't see the actual grab and pull but you see his arm move towards Marshall's chest and then back to the ground, after that Marshall stumbles again.

The guy has amazing ball skills and may be the best corner in the league, but he also takes advantage of the fact that nobody calls PI on him. To me this only further proves the blatant favouritism that occurs in this league.

TheAngryTuna
12-25-2011, 06:23 PM
I take that back, you can see his glove on Marshall's left side right before he pulls down to the ground. The other thing I noticed is that he knows the ball is in the air when he does it, you can see him watching it the whole time.

GiantWarfare
12-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Its both.

Although Marshall does stumble and barrel into him, Revis does tug his jersey keeping Marshall from getting his legs back under him to complete the route.

Its pretty evident if you ask me...

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Its both.This is agreeable. Good no call if you ask me. I'm just not buying a whole Revis conspiracy. Revis excels because of countless hours of film study, great technique and measurables.

Manning2Niks
12-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Those claiming Revis is great AND doesn't PI:

Watch every play they replayed during the Jets/Giants game. Yes, Revis does make a play on the ball, but he's GRABBING JERSEY. I played and studied football my whole life (stopped playing in high school) and never once did I learn of a rule that allowed a defensive player to grab jersey IF HE MAKES A PLAY ON THE BALL. Even the 5-yard rule doesn't allow to grab the jersey like that.

Seriously. Watch the replays and say there shouldn't have been flags on 90% if not 100% of the "plays" he made. There's nicks, 3 inches of stretched jersey, and then revis' hand. Nicks would have had clear position on Revis had his jersey not been pulled.

That last point made, Nicks needs to attack that ball in the air. The reason Nicks failed to make a lot of plays the past few weeks is because he's waiting for the ball to come to him rather than snatching it out of the air. Revis grabbing jersey and getting away with all that little stuff (which is equal to if not greater than Plaxs push off, so if you agree with that then revis should have been called .......and also, what about J.Will vs the packers and the Cowboys? He barely touches the offensive player at like the 6 yard mark and gets defensive holding? Revis = 1st round pick and nfl superstar, J.Will = 6th round nobody thrust into the starting lineup due to injury........yeah, no favortism in NFL officiating...but I digress) is meaningless if Nicks attacks the ball.

Bottom line = Revis IS good, but he also gets away with A LOT!

NYG4lifeNYK
01-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Lol found this looking for my topic in google [:D]