PDA

View Full Version : Michael Coe anyone?

egyptian420
01-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Out of the many FA's available, this guy is actually pretty decent, would come cheap, knows our system, and plays a position where we are in desperate need of help.

Assuming we go for a pass rusher in the first round, this would at least be a good insurance policy for Webster. What do you guys think?

TheAnalyst
01-14-2013, 05:57 PM
I think we never should of let him go.

CDN_G-FAN
01-14-2013, 05:59 PM
on the cheap FAs should be the expectation this year.

i'm already dreading the ENDLESS threads of why we didn't sign any of the highest paid FAs this year.

i like draft day in the offseason, and hate just about every other day before and after it until the training camp starts.

egyptian420
01-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Yea this isn't another "should we sign (insert name of FA player way out of our price range or need)?" thread....I actually wouldn't be surprised if this happens, it's about the most we can spend in free agency

Redeyejedi
01-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Out of the many FA's available, this guy is actually pretty decent, would come cheap, knows our system, and plays a position where we are in desperate need of help.

Assuming we go for a pass rusher in the first round, this would at least be a good insurance policy for Webster. What do you guys think?I always liked him he can play press to

egyptian420
01-14-2013, 06:05 PM
I always liked him he can play press toHe certainly can...if our head office knew what was about to happen to Webster I can almost guarantee they wouldn't have let him go

egyptian420
01-14-2013, 06:07 PM
I think we never should of let him go. - Said Jerry Reese during the Baltimore game

TheAnalyst
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Jerry has to find many diamonds in the rough this year. Late draft picks, UDFAs, and cheap FA signings. No cash for anyone besides our own like Cruz, Phillips ect

moosedrool
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Coe was let go because he couldn't make any plays. Remember this one where he completely whiffs on the ball?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtJON22T0zI

egyptian420
01-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Coe was let go because he couldn't make any plays. Remember this one where he completely whiffs on the ball?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtJON22T0zIReally? That was the worst you could find on him? Besides the fact that this was an incomplete catch, I could probably make a compilation of Webster plays where he actually does get abused.

Carter.525
01-14-2013, 07:12 PM
eh.. as a special teamer, 5th corner

moosedrool
01-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Really? That was the worst you could find on him? Besides the fact that this was an incomplete catch, I could probably make a compilation of Webster plays where he actually does get abused.

That is just one of many plays where he was in position to make a play and didn't. Awful technique and hand eye coordination. Do you really not fault Coe because Dez's hand barely landed out of bounds? Coe is not a playmaker. Next.

berya
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Don't want him. Could see him being back. He is waste of space as far as I'm concerned.

jaxnygmen
01-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Agreed, he should have never been let to walk.

egyptian420
01-14-2013, 07:50 PM
That is just one of many plays where he was in position to make a play and didn't. Awful technique and hand eye coordination. Do you really not fault Coe because Dez's hand barely landed out of bounds? Coe is not a playmaker. Next.He made an error, corner is the 2nd hardest position to play in the league, even Baily was getting torched on the regs last night.

Yes, he isn't really a playmaker, there are a handful of those in the league, he wouldn't even be the best on our team, but I think he would be a cheap insurance policy rather than hope Webster doesn't get embarrassed again.

moosedrool
01-14-2013, 08:01 PM
he would be a cheap insurance policy rather than hope Webster doesn't get embarrassed again.

You don't win games with cheap insurance policies. He has proven to be wasted roster space that will instead be used to try and find the next Stevie Brown.

G-Men Surg.
01-15-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm putting the question up in the air, why would he be willing to come back after the way all end up with the Giants ?

sheepdip
01-15-2013, 07:45 AM
I actually like him too.

Kruunch
01-15-2013, 08:28 AM
on the cheap FAs should be the expectation this year.

i'm already dreading the ENDLESS threads of why we didn't sign any of the highest paid FAs this year.

i like draft day in the offseason, and hate just about every other day before and after it until the training camp starts.

You don't think we have a shot of prying Mario Williams away from the Bills? :popcorn:

egyptian420
01-15-2013, 08:47 AM
You don't think we have a shot of prying Mario Williams away from the Bills? :popcorn:sometimes the red font is necessary, some people might actually think this is a serious suggestion

river555
01-15-2013, 09:33 AM
i always liked Coe. He's nothing more than a #4 or 5 CB but he fills that role well and is good on ST

Kruunch
01-15-2013, 09:43 AM
sometimes the red font is necessary, some people might actually think this is a serious suggestion

Red font destroys my enjoyment of these boards.