PDA

View Full Version : Cb 1st round , nothing else.

JaxMan
01-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Twice in past 6 years they have drafted cb, both times those years they won the Super Bowl , need I say more, hahaha, if most of you looked for an intelligent argument, sorry, but Sometimes luck and superstition are what's needed!

egyptian420
01-15-2013, 12:39 PM
If the BPA is CB, OL, DE, DT, or LB, I'd be happy to take them.

ibbill
01-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Twice in past 6 years they have drafted cb, both times those years they won the Super Bowl , need I say more, hahaha, if most of you looked for an intelligent argument, sorry, but Sometimes luck and superstition are what's needed!

O line I would think

JJC7301
01-15-2013, 01:42 PM
If the BPA is CB, OL, DE, DT, or LB, I'd be happy to take them.
+1. Not LB, IMO, but the others.

joemorrisforprez
01-15-2013, 01:52 PM
I'll never be upset with drafting a quality cornerback.....especially given how the passing game has exploded thanks to the new Arena League rules that are currently in vogue.

joemorrisforprez
01-15-2013, 01:54 PM

I'm praying for OL and LB help this season.

I don't want to reach for an LB, but this team really needs a difference maker in that unit.....right now, nobody in the NFL is worried about our linebackers, and as a Giants fan, that's just wrong.

Giant stuck in Texas
01-15-2013, 01:54 PM
O line I would thinkIf history means anything, it's very unlikely the Giants will draft Oline in the first.

I can see a DE or CB in the first.

Jahh
01-15-2013, 01:57 PM
I get so mad when heads and fans say we love DEs and we always draft BPA. That is definitely not true. Giants intentionally devalue certain positions and like the OP said we've drafted 3 DBs in the first round in the last 6 years (2 of them being CB). How many DEs have we drafted in that time in the first round? 2. How come people don't say, "man Jerry loves his DBs?"

joemorrisforprez
01-15-2013, 02:05 PM
If history means anything, it's very unlikely the Giants will draft Oline in the first.

I can see a DE or CB in the first.

On defense, I'd much rather land a LB that can blitz, defend the run, and cover a TE.

I realize that this might not be a rich draft for LB's though. But I hope Reese does something, including free agency, to strengthen the LBs.

Giant stuck in Texas
01-15-2013, 02:21 PM
On defense, I'd much rather land a LB that can blitz, defend the run, and cover a TE.

I realize that this might not be a rich draft for LB's though. But I hope Reese does something, including free agency, to strengthen the LBs.
I wouldn't mind either, but the giants haven't drafted a LB in the first since Carl Banks. lol

egyptian420
01-15-2013, 03:34 PM
If history means anything, it's very unlikely the Giants will draft Oline in the first.

I can see a DE or CB in the first.I too can see us getting a DE but I wouldn't be surprised if we take another position if someone of huge value slips like Prince.

CDN_G-FAN
01-15-2013, 03:41 PM
actually, every year my wife and i have had a kid, we've won the superbowl, so really it has nothing to do with corners, or football really...........

ShakeandBake
01-15-2013, 03:44 PM
I hope we take a DE or CB in the first. Are there even any 4-3 LBs that would be worth taking in the first?

TCHOF
01-15-2013, 03:45 PM
actually, every year my wife and i have had a kid, we've won the superbowl, so really it has nothing to do with corners, or football really...........

Get back to work on another CDN_G-FAN then!

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-15-2013, 03:58 PM

if ogeltree falls to us,,yes,,LBer. CB depth is pretty good this draft.

Cloud57
01-15-2013, 04:36 PM
in most cases if the CB isn't a first rounder then he isn't any good. look at the difference b/w Prince and Hosley

Kruunch
01-15-2013, 04:38 PM

DE or CB would be my guess.

And I never look for intelligence on this board :D

DandyDon
01-15-2013, 04:57 PM

So finally we know who to blame...

Better get to work NOW then!

Jahh
01-15-2013, 04:57 PM
in most cases if the CB isn't a first rounder then he isn't any good. look at the difference b/w Prince and Hosley

That's ridiculous to say. Because of one example on one team?

moosedrool
01-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Does it really matter what position is drafted early? With TC, they just sit on the bench for most or all of their rookie year. This is one reason I think this team has a losing record in the second half of the year many years.

Toadofsteel
01-15-2013, 05:05 PM

Then you know what to do.... time to go do your duty in the bedroom. I can give you a marvin gaye CD if that helps...

moosedrool
01-15-2013, 05:12 PM
If we draft a CB, I think a big CB is the way to go. Seattle's two CB's are 6'3" and they are both studs vs big receivers.

Piddy283
01-15-2013, 05:17 PM
What positions are strong/deep in this years draft?

berya
01-15-2013, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't mind a cornerback in the 1st round at all. If none are worth the 1st round pick then OT, LB, DE in no particular order.

JJC7301
01-15-2013, 05:53 PM

I don't want to reach for an LB, but this team really needs a difference maker in that unit.....right now, nobody in the NFL is worried about our linebackers, and as a Giants fan, that's just wrong.
I actually agree with you -- I misspoke above. IF a highly rated LB falls into our lap (like Prince did in '11), then I'll be happy, but I'm hoping that the BPA player at # 19 will be either DE or DT. I think that the priority on our D is at the line and in the secondary.

Piddy283
01-15-2013, 06:08 PM
I think we may be better off at DE than we think. To me, DT is a more pressing need. We were weak against the run, we had no rotation, and our DE's were double teamed b/c of the lack of push in the middle.

On defense, OLB-ILB-DT-CB are going to be bigger needs than DE.

stormblue
01-15-2013, 07:48 PM

it's shameful.
we don't have a LB that could even start for an SEC school....

Toadofsteel
01-15-2013, 07:50 PM
I still think OL is our greatest need overall. MLB and DT are also up there...

TheBookOfEli
01-15-2013, 07:51 PM
NO! OLine is first. I wouldn't mind a linebacker though.