PDA

View Full Version : Eisen's Mail Bag: DE Adewale Ojomo

RoanokeFan
01-15-2013, 03:45 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/eisens-mailbag/article-1/Eisens-Mailbag-DE-Domenik-Hixon/6f44337c-c24e-48c0-8a1c-180cebaac6cb

Today’s edition of The Mailbag on Giants.com.

(Adewale) Ojomo stood out in preseason, but was invisible this year. Did he suit up for any games?
-Cory

Ojomo did have a strong preseason – when he led the team with 4.0 sacks – which enabled him to make the roster as an undrafted free agent. But he had too many talented and experienced defensive ends ahead of him, which prevented him from getting on the field in the regular season. Ojomo was inactive for all but one game – the Oct. 7 victory over Cleveland, when he played on special teams. It’s not much to build on, but he will be in the offseason program and will have an opportunity to show in training camp whether or not he’s improved. If he does, perhaps he’ll get a shot to play on defense in 2013.

And another defensive end question…

If Osi Umenyiorahttp://www.giants.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.giants.com/team/roster/osi-umenyiora/494e2297-649e-488b-8dee-230198faa704/) does leave do you think Mathias Kiwanukahttp://www.giants.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.giants.com/team/roster/mathias-kiwanuka/99d91467-91c6-42cc-8d54-eb4af3625299/) will be back at his more natural position of defensive end this year?
-Jerry

I think it’s a possibility. The Giants have always placed a high value on pass-rushing defensive ends, and that’s the position Kiwanuka played when he was drafted. He played up front far more frequently in last quarter of the 2012 season. If Umenyiora signs with another team and the Giants don’t bring in another defensive end, Kiwanuka would be the logical replacement. But it will likely be determined by the makeup of the defense. If the Giants have plenty of candidates to play linebacker and need an end, my guess is Kiwanuka will move up front.

ShakeandBake
01-15-2013, 03:48 PM
I would love to see Kiwi back at DE

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-15-2013, 03:48 PM
let the man play,,,how can we see what we have if he isn't even active at game time?

Carter.525
01-15-2013, 03:51 PM
FREE Ojomo.. lets see what he's got..

ShakeandBake
01-15-2013, 03:54 PM
FREE Ojomo.. lets see what he's got..

I agree, the talent in front of him ie: Osi and Tuck were not getting the job done. At least give the man a try when we were getting blown out by atlanta and baltimore

Carter.525
01-15-2013, 04:01 PM
I agree, the talent in front of him ie: Osi and Tuck were not getting the job done. At least give the man a try when we were getting blown out by atlanta and baltimore

bingo

Piddy283
01-15-2013, 04:40 PM
If this kid is half way decent that'd make for a good 4th DE to rotate in and could allow us to focus on other areas during the draft/FA.

Nobody seems to be talking about it, but we really struggled against the run. With A. Morris in our division now, we need to be able to clog the middle. A solid DT would be a smart pick in my opinion.

JJC7301
01-15-2013, 04:50 PM
I would love to see Kiwi back at DE
+1. And I look forward to seeing if Ojomo can perform well again in training camp this upcoming season.

Marvelousmik
01-15-2013, 04:50 PM
he had too many talented and experienced defensive ends ahead of him, which prevented him from getting on the field in the regular season.

this validates what i was saying. with Tc you dont earn play time by how you play. its mostly by injuries and experience. Even adrian tracy got more playing time

RoanokeFan
01-15-2013, 05:50 PM
If Osi is released, Both Tracy and Ojomo should get a real shot in training camp. It's up to them to take advantage and turn heads.

nhpgiantsfan
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
this validates what i was saying. with Tc you dont earn play time by how you play. its mostly by injuries and experience. Even adrian tracy got more playing time

The guy wasn't being activated. So which DE should TC have not dressed so he could get Ojomo some snaps.

RoanokeFan
01-15-2013, 06:36 PM
The guy wasn't being activated. So which DE should TC have not dressed so he could get Ojomo some snaps.

Dressing Osi, Tuck, Kiwanuka, JPP, and Tracy was the reason Ojomo was inactive. I would like to see them dress Tracy and Ojomo next season and put them in a scheduled rotation as the Eagles did in 2012.

Toadofsteel
01-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Dressing Osi, Tuck, Kiwanuka, JPP, and Tracy was the reason Ojomo was inactive. I would like to see them dress Tracy and Ojomo next season and put them in a scheduled rotation as the Eagles did in 2012.

This. The team wouldn't have kept Ojomo on the roster yet kept inactive if they didn't have some plan for him moving forward. If he wasn't THAT good he would have been put on the PS. My guess is that he was being groomed as a candidate for possible Osi replacement in 2013... or maybe even Tuck replacement in 2014.

RoanokeFan
01-15-2013, 06:46 PM
This. The team wouldn't have kept Ojomo on the roster yet kept inactive if they didn't have some plan for him moving forward. If he wasn't THAT good he would have been put on the PS. My guess is that he was being groomed as a candidate for possible Osi replacement in 2013... or maybe even Tuck replacement in 2014.

That does fit the development philosophy. Not dressing for games doesn't impact participation at practice and in team meetings

Toadofsteel
01-15-2013, 06:49 PM
That does fit the development philosophy. Not dressing for games doesn't impact participation at practice and in team meetings

Also, this is why I don't see DE as a top 5 draft need to be completely honest. I feel the plan is in place there to transition to the future. OL and MLB are far greater concerns...

RoanokeFan
01-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Also, this is why I don't see DE as a top 5 draft need to be completely honest. I feel the plan is in place there to transition to the future. OL and MLB are far greater concerns...

+1

nhpgiantsfan
01-15-2013, 07:27 PM

Exactly my point. He wasnt going to replace any of the active DE's on this roster. Maybe he will get a shot this year.

Marvelousmik
01-15-2013, 07:28 PM

tracy

RoanokeFan
01-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Exactly my point. He wasnt going to replace any of the active DE's on this roster. Maybe he will get a shot this year.

I am sure he will get the chance to compete at camp.

B&RWarrior
01-15-2013, 08:37 PM
If you're saying the talent was ahead of him then I'm saying tenured players were ahead of him, but they produced as if they had no talent. I give our coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. I question how good Ojomo really is.

We have a few areas of need and DE is one of them. JPP is the only proven performer at DE. (I feel Tuck and Osi are in decline.) In fact I think DL is our number one priority.

TCHOF
01-15-2013, 08:43 PM
If you're saying the talent was ahead of him then I'm saying tenured players were ahead of him, but they produced as if they had no talent. I give our coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. I question how good Ojomo really is.

We have a few areas of need and DE is one of them. JPP is the only proven performer at DE. (I feel Tuck and Osi are in decline.) In fact I think DL is our number one priority.

+1

RoanokeFan
01-15-2013, 08:43 PM

Kiwanuka played more at DE than LB in 2012 and if Osi leaves, Kiwanuka will likely stay at DE with Tracy and Ojomo in rotation. There's a lot of time and activity between now and the final 53 selection. The Draft, FA will round things out for training camp competition. Ojomo also had a hamstring issue in 2012.

If Tuck stays, he'll have to be accounted for

B&RWarrior
01-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Kiwanuka played more at DE than LB in 2012 and if Osi leaves, Kiwanuka will likely stay at DE with Tracy and Ojomo in rotation. There's a lot of time and activity between now and the final 53 selection. The Draft, FA will round things out for training camp competition. Ojomo also had a hamstring issue in 2012.

If Tuck stays, he'll have to be accounted for

RF, my thing is Kiwi isn't going to spend the time in the weight room to be as good as he can be at DE. What is this like his 7th season and I'm still waiting for him to get on the weights. He's got a weight room bonus in his contract for God's sake! If he doesn't hit the weights hard and come in to camp stronger Kiwi is just an average speed rusher with one move that is too weak to be force when the run to his side. We have to account for Tuck but after 2 bad seasons in a row he no longer will get the benefit of the doubt. So we have Kiwi, Tracy, and Tuck ahead of Ojomo, none of which performed even average in 2012, and yet Ojomo couldn't even get on the field for at least 2-3 plays and was active for only one game. I think it would be a mistake to bypass a stud DE thinking Ojomo is the answer, having never seem him play in a game, or that Kiwi will miraculously become a force at DE.

Redeyejedi
01-15-2013, 09:52 PM
U dont want Kiwi to gain even more size the Giants already have to many bulky slow pass rushers.If this team does not fix the pass rush they wont make the playoffs

B&RWarrior
01-15-2013, 10:06 PM
U dont want Kiwi to gain even more size the Giants already have to many bulky slow pass rushers.If this team does not fix the pass rush they wont make the playoffs

Kiwi is just a glorified edge rusher without added strength, and a one trick pony that is light in the butt won't help our piss poor run defense. He's been getting his body ready to play that LB hybrid position, but I think that workout bonus written into his contract is proof that the FO had plans on him stepping into a full time DE role. He needs the added weight if that is the plan.

Redeyejedi
01-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Kiwi is just a glorified edge rusher without added strength, and a one trick pony that is light in the butt won't help our piss poor run defense. He's been getting his body ready to play that LB hybrid position, but I think that workout bonus written into his contract is proof that the FO had plans on him stepping into a full time DE role. He needs the added weight if that is the plan. Kiwi isnt an edge rusher at all. I dont know many edge rushers that take snaps at defensive Tackle

JB456
01-15-2013, 10:24 PM

Although your opinion about needing Ol and MLB is valid, I believe that DE is a major area of concern as well. What did you see this year that gave you any confidence in the D-Line going into 2013?

1) Osi - not only did he not get to the QB, he was utterly dreadful in defending against the run.
2) Tuck - not effective in getting to the QB and looks old, injured, invisible, and disinterested.
3) JPP - I do think the sky's the limit for him BUT it seemed that he wasn't putting the effort he put in last year. An influx of young blood and hunger could have a positive effect on him.

I actually believe we have an average D-line at best and with aging and disinterested players, it could get worse. It won't matter how good the Giants backfield covers when it is taking the Dline like 6-10 seconds to get to the QB.

In short, the Giants need OL, DL, and a MLB and should take the best player available at any of these positions.

B-Red22
01-15-2013, 10:38 PM
tracy

Tracy was an active contributor on special teams

Marvelousmik
01-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Tracy was an active contributor on special teams

Thats nice. ojomo out played him by a mile in the preseason.

B&RWarrior
01-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Kiwi isnt an edge rusher at all. I dont know many edge rushers that take snaps at defensive Tackle

Kiwi's most effective move is the edge rush BY FAR. They put him at DT to try and get inside pressure on the QB. How did that work out for us? Forget about where they lined him up and think about the results we got from him. Nada! He doesn't have the strength to pull of inside moves, or stop the run when they run at him. When he makes plas versus the run he's chasing the RB down from the backside. He plays with great technique, but he lacks strength.

giantsfan420
01-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Kiwi's most effective move is the edge rush BY FAR. They put him at DT to try and get inside pressure on the QB. How did that work out for us? Forget about where they lined him up and think about the results we got from him. Nada! He doesn't have the strength to pull of inside moves, or stop the run when they run at him. When he makes plas versus the run he's chasing the RB down from the backside. He plays with great technique, but he lacks strength.dude ur entire analysis of kiwis been dead wrong...

1-kiwi has a good bull rush move. he bases a lot of his moves after he engages in the bull rush. 2-kiwi is a good de vs the run. i remember he had good pff rankings vs the run when he was a DE before the LB change. Kiwi also led the team in pressures one year. another year he had 3 sacks in the first 2 games before getting injured. the potential is definitely there as a DE for him. IF anything, I'd like to see kiwi gain some speed/quickness so we can try and still get that edge pass rush osi provided.

the reason we moved kiwi to lb in the first place is bc the coaches and FO felt he was practically good enough to start over Osi, like it was very close. Kiwi just didnt have that breakout yr ala JPP which forced us to starting him over Osi. We had to get Kiwi on the field tho as his talent was just obvious, so he transitioned into a pretty damn effective joker/lb. now that hes going back to DE, IF thats the plan, I look forward to seeing him get after it. Kiwi brings it every play, which is somethng we couldnt say for tuck and osi. i think jpp and kiwi starting at DE, with Tuck used as the situational pass rusher, and Ojomo and Tracy being rotated in to keep everyone fresh would be a very effective DL

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 06:52 AM
RF, my thing is Kiwi isn't going to spend the time in the weight room to be as good as he can be at DE. What is this like his 7th season and I'm still waiting for him to get on the weights. He's got a weight room bonus in his contract for God's sake! If he doesn't hit the weights hard and come in to camp stronger Kiwi is just an average speed rusher with one move that is too weak to be force when the run to his side. We have to account for Tuck but after 2 bad seasons in a row he no longer will get the benefit of the doubt. So we have Kiwi, Tracy, and Tuck ahead of Ojomo, none of which performed even average in 2012, and yet Ojomo couldn't even get on the field for at least 2-3 plays and was active for only one game. I think it would be a mistake to bypass a stud DE thinking Ojomo is the answer, having never seem him play in a game, or that Kiwi will miraculously become a force at DE.

How do we know what Kiwanuka will do or not do to be the best player he can? He's accepted his hybrid role without a lot of complaining. He has played DE more than LB. I'd imagine getting DE permanently would only make him more focused.

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 06:53 AM

It may have more to do with his hamstring early on.

GameTime
01-16-2013, 07:24 AM
and the coaches saw a lot more him then you did I am sure.....

B&RWarrior
01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
dude ur entire analysis of kiwis been dead wrong...

1-kiwi has a good bull rush move. he bases a lot of his moves after he engages in the bull rush. 2-kiwi is a good de vs the run. i remember he had good pff rankings vs the run when he was a DE before the LB change. Kiwi also led the team in pressures one year. another year he had 3 sacks in the first 2 games before getting injured. the potential is definitely there as a DE for him. IF anything, I'd like to see kiwi gain some speed/quickness so we can try and still get that edge pass rush osi provided.

the reason we moved kiwi to lb in the first place is bc the coaches and FO felt he was practically good enough to start over Osi, like it was very close. Kiwi just didnt have that breakout yr ala JPP which forced us to starting him over Osi. We had to get Kiwi on the field tho as his talent was just obvious, so he transitioned into a pretty damn effective joker/lb. now that hes going back to DE, IF thats the plan, I look forward to seeing him get after it. Kiwi brings it every play, which is somethng we couldnt say for tuck and osi. i think jpp and kiwi starting at DE, with Tuck used as the situational pass rusher, and Ojomo and Tracy being rotated in to keep everyone fresh would be a very effective DL

Actually I've been a Kiwi fan since he was a t Boston College. My analysis is spot on. If you watch tape his best move is is edge rush. His bull rush is almost non existent unless you plan on redefining bull rush. He doesn't need to get quicker besides the fact quickness isn't something you can teach. Kiwi is great in the quickness department and short in the strength department. He's a liability when teams run at him due to lack of strength. The proof is in the pudding. He played more snaps than he had in 2011 at DE. Tell me what were the results? What PFF list is tackles for losses. When he was lined up at DE he usually got them from chasing the RB down from the backside. He plays the run better than Osi but that's not saying much. I still like Kiwi but he hasn't dominated the wa I think he can if he dedicated himself to getting stronger. He is not strong at the point of attack. My analysis is based on actually watching him over his career, not quite sure what your watching, but it's not Kiwi.

B&RWarrior
01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
How do we know what Kiwanuka will do or not do to be the best player he can? He's accepted his hybrid role without a lot of complaining. He has played DE more than LB. I'd imagine getting DE permanently would only make him more focused.

He's said he doesn't like lifting weights. He has a contract that provides bonuses for workouts. I'm making a rational assumption that the weight room is not his favorite place. He's been in the league long enough now to gauge what to expect from him. I personally, think he wanted that hybrid role because he can just play football and not have to worry about hitting the weights hard. If he hits the weights hard I'll be pleasantly surprised. I still think a stronger Kiwi can be a dominant DE in this league versus the run and the pass.

TCHOF
01-16-2013, 10:56 PM

+1

giantsfan420
01-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Actually I've been a Kiwi fan since he was a t Boston College. My analysis is spot on. If you watch tape his best move is is edge rush. His bull rush is almost non existent unless you plan on redefining bull rush. He doesn't need to get quicker besides the fact quickness isn't something you can teach. Kiwi is great in the quickness department and short in the strength department. He's a liability when teams run at him due to lack of strength. The proof is in the pudding. He played more snaps than he had in 2011 at DE. Tell me what were the results? What PFF list is tackles for losses. When he was lined up at DE he usually got them from chasing the RB down from the backside. He plays the run better than Osi but that's not saying much. I still like Kiwi but he hasn't dominated the wa I think he can if he dedicated himself to getting stronger. He is not strong at the point of attack. My analysis is based on actually watching him over his career, not quite sure what your watching, but it's not Kiwi.agree to disagree then. dont u find it dd more than one person is claiming ur off on ur analysis tho?
kiwi is good vs the run. which is opposite from what you claimed.
you claim(ed) he doesnt have any pass rush move except an edge rush. Incorrect as well. He actually has a pretty good bull rush that he uses as a setup technique, almost if not exactly like stacking and shedding. he also does have a decent burst off the edge but id hardly say its his saving grace like u.

could he get stronger? yeah probably. i think he can be effective at the weight he feels most comfortable at too tho. kiwi has abnormally long arms and a wing span. that can compensate for "a lack of strength" if playing with technique. Kiwi was a DE for his entire career before we switched him to hybrid. guy had very good technique. he was still so raw into the player development before we started the switching back n forth. i often wish we woulda just left kiwi at DE and progress him there. had we done so, we'd have 2 JPPs imo

GiantRoc
01-17-2013, 02:28 AM
Based on TC's history, do we truly know what we have in Ojomo or Tracy? Young guys just don't get the chance to prove themselves. Most of our 1st and 2nd year hits only come after injuries decimate very other player option. I honestly think this lack of young blood is a big reason we fold halfway through the season. Maybe a reason for what I see as a lack of passion and fire the team has shown much of the past couple years. When we have it, we seem unbeatable. When we see it, it seems to come from the youngsters. Does anyone else see it this way?

RoanokeFan
01-17-2013, 05:25 AM
He's said he doesn't like lifting weights. He has a contract that provides bonuses for workouts. I'm making a rational assumption that the weight room is not his favorite place. He's been in the league long enough now to gauge what to expect from him. I personally, think he wanted that hybrid role because he can just play football and not have to worry about hitting the weights hard. If he hits the weights hard I'll be pleasantly surprised. I still think a stronger Kiwi can be a dominant DE in this league versus the run and the pass.

Not liking something is not a refusal to do it anyway. I don't like oatmeal but I eat it every day for my health.

SweetZombieJesus
01-17-2013, 05:56 AM

Yes, sit the cornerstones of our defensive line and play an inexperienced, undrafted rookie free agent. Brilliant!

nycsportzfan
01-17-2013, 06:27 AM
Yes, sit the cornerstones of our defensive line and play an inexperienced, undrafted rookie free agent. Brilliant! Are u kidding? A blind bat can see OSI and TUCK aren't what they used to be, and its not like we haven't benched OSI before, right? What ties do u got to OSI, whos a FA not returning anyways? When ur generating near no pass rush, and u got 2 old vets, and a guy like Ojomo, who could possibly be a big hit of a UDF, u certainly give it a try.. At least mix em in a bit more, to know what u got...

The cornerstones of our dline..lol This isn't a popularity contest, nor a what have u done in the past contest, its a football team, where u try and win games, and as it turned out, Tuck and OSI didn't combine for double digit sacks as a duo, let alone by themselves..

U act like we just didn't find a All Pro type WR and FB off the UDF list.. Why is it so hard to believe we can find a DE, the same way?

Toadofsteel
01-17-2013, 08:33 AM
RF, my thing is Kiwi isn't going to spend the time in the weight room to be as good as he can be at DE. What is this like his 7th season and I'm still waiting for him to get on the weights. He's got a weight room bonus in his contract for God's sake! If he doesn't hit the weights hard and come in to camp stronger Kiwi is just an average speed rusher with one move that is too weak to be force when the run to his side. We have to account for Tuck but after 2 bad seasons in a row he no longer will get the benefit of the doubt. So we have Kiwi, Tracy, and Tuck ahead of Ojomo, none of which performed even average in 2012, and yet Ojomo couldn't even get on the field for at least 2-3 plays and was active for only one game. I think it would be a mistake to bypass a stud DE thinking Ojomo is the answer, having never seem him play in a game, or that Kiwi will miraculously become a force at DE. I think it would be a mistake to bypass a stud OL or LB to draft a DE early...

Personally I wouldn't be against bringing in Michael Bennett in FA, but we can't be throwing draft picks at a lower-priority area. OL and LB all day... maybe a CB later on (though if we could swing that in FA that would be nice too)...

ShakeandBake
01-17-2013, 08:43 AM
Yes, sit the cornerstones of our defensive line and play an inexperienced, undrafted rookie free agent. Brilliant!

Our cornerstones sure were getting it done when we got blown out 36-0 and 33-14 where we scored points in garbage time. Sorry but it would have been worth it just to see what some of our young guys could do against true NFL talent(not just against some of the preseason fodder) when those games were over anyway.

nhpgiantsfan
01-17-2013, 08:59 AM
I love all the posters on here that saw Ojomo for a few preseason games and think that they can evaluate his talent better than the proffesional coaches on this team. There is a reason we all do what we do for a living and those guys coach football for a living.

TCHOF
01-17-2013, 09:09 AM
I love all the posters on here that saw Ojomo for a few preseason games and think that they can evaluate his talent better than the proffesional coaches on this team. There is a reason we all do what we do for a living and those guys coach football for a living.

If we go into the season with JPP, Tuck, Ojomo and Tracy as our DE's, we will be lucky to get to 9-7.

GiantRoc
01-17-2013, 04:14 PM
If we go into the season with JPP, Tuck, Ojomo and Tracy as our DE's, we will be lucky to get to 9-7.

How do you know that? We have no clue how Ojomo would play. We only saw small samples of Tracy. We have had young guys ride the bench, only to come out to be top performers. If they had all that talent, Why didn't TC use them sooner?

Edit: If we did go 9-7, there are a number of other reasons why that could be. Starting with the O-line, and MLB.

TCHOF
01-17-2013, 04:34 PM
How do you know that? We have no clue how Ojomo would play. We only saw small samples of Tracy. We have had young guys ride the bench, only to come out to be top performers. If they had all that talent, Why didn't TC use them sooner?

Edit: If we did go 9-7, there are a number of other reasons why that could be. Starting with the O-line, and MLB.

I guess we'll see, however, I don't see JR going into the season with only the DE's we have now, so we'll probably never know.

JesseJames
01-17-2013, 05:05 PM
the way Tuck was playing we should have seen Ojomo or Tracy and the fact that we didn't just means we wasted a whole season without giving these 2 guys any reps against good competition

GiantRoc
01-17-2013, 08:58 PM
I guess we'll see, however, I don't see JR going into the season with only the DE's we have now, so we'll probably never know.

Agreed. We won't stand pat with what we have now. It never hurts to bring in competition.

NorwoodBlue
01-17-2013, 09:07 PM
I love this; Ojomo couldn't get ahead of Tracey on the depth chart but he's a replacement for an all pro DE.

river555
01-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Come on!! the guy had few good PRESEASON games. If we draft a DE high in the draft i wouldnt be surpised if he doesnt even make the team.

TCHOF
01-17-2013, 09:36 PM
the way Tuck was playing we should have seen Ojomo or Tracy and the fact that we didn't just means we wasted a whole season without giving these 2 guys any reps against good competition

Have you considered the possibility that the coaches felt that even a 50% Tuck was better than Ojomo or Tracy?

joemorrisforprez
01-17-2013, 09:49 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/eisens-mailbag/article-1/Eisens-Mailbag-DE-Domenik-Hixon/6f44337c-c24e-48c0-8a1c-180cebaac6cb
Ojomo did have a strong preseason – when he led the team with 4.0 sacks – which enabled him to make the roster as an undrafted free agent. But he had too many talented and experienced defensive ends ahead of him, which prevented him from getting on the field in the regular season. Ojomo was inactive for all but one game – the Oct. 7 victory over Cleveland, when he played on special teams.

Again, total failure on the part of our defensive coordinator to shake things up.....here you've got a kid who kicked *** in the postseason, and instead, Fewell leans on guys who for whatever reason - mental, physical, or both - simply were not amped up to play the game.