PDA

View Full Version : Passing game out of sync - 2 straight weeks

Manning
12-24-2011, 10:07 PM
This is the second straight week with the entire passing game out of whack. Too many incompletions, dropped passes, miscommunication. We need this fixed. Luckily we had big plays this week that made up for it, but Eli needs to get the boys back on track.

barran21
12-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Eli has been off the last 2 weeks, plus the WR have develop stone hands...

Tenspro2002
12-24-2011, 10:14 PM

As much as I hate to go there, I wonder how much of that has to do with the fact that Eli doesn't play well in cold weather.

I feel like our passing game has struggled more in home games late in the season (i.e. when it's colder).

JacksGiant76
12-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I think he misses Ballard more than we think. Even though he doesn't get a ton of catches, he's still a nice target to have. I'm hoping Manningham will be back this week since I don't think the combination of Barden and Beckum / Pascoe scares anyone.

Axels15
12-24-2011, 10:16 PM

As much as I hate to go there, I wonder how much of that has to do with the fact that Eli doesn't play well in cold weather.

I feel like our passing game has struggled more in home games late in the season (i.e. when it's colder).

That doesn't hold much water; It honestly hasn't been THAT cold, like, at all

I'm less worried about Eli and more worried about all of Nicks recent drops

DandyDon
12-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Jets secondary played good today. Got to give credit where it is due.

MikeSherrard
12-25-2011, 01:02 AM
NO Ballard
No Manningham
Dropped Balls
Tough D!!!!!!

bearbryant
12-25-2011, 02:08 AM
NO Ballard No Manningham Dropped Balls Tough D!!!!!!</P>

Yeh, along w/ poor communication many times throughout the game.</P>

bearbryant

bearbryant

Kingb50
12-25-2011, 02:14 AM

The passing game has kept us in games all season. If we're gonna go anywhere the Defense has to play lightsout and the ground game has to be smashmouth.

Redeyejedi
12-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Jets secondary played good today. Got to give credit where it is due.They got there hands on a ton of passes.Revis had 5 PD's by himself.I saw a couple of balls that were perfect that Jet corners just got there hands on

G-Men Surg.
12-25-2011, 03:47 AM
Mario was dearly missed and Ballard's presence down the middle sure made it more difficult. Still I have faith the O is finding their balance at the right time and this is what it could make it work, dangerous Off. If the running game starts showing consistency.

BlueSanta
12-25-2011, 06:56 AM
This is nothing new in NYC.

Passing late in the year in this stadium(well old Giants stadium) and in this climate, has been historically difficult. Its the 1 reason we have always had to be a strong run team to win late in the year.

Firenugget
12-25-2011, 06:59 AM
A little short passing game early would help a ton. Still scratching my head over why this hasn't happened yet.

GCGiant
12-25-2011, 08:21 AM

I think it is more that Eli doesn't play well when his receivers are dropping the ball and running the wrong route.

Regarding Eli playing in cold weather...does Lambeau field and the year 2007 bring back any memories?

nhpgiantsfan
12-25-2011, 08:47 AM
The passing game has been off but Mannings passes have still been on target for the most part. The bigger worry has been Nicks' sudden case of the drops. He needs to find himself this week.

TuckYou
12-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Its no coincidence this happens every year down the stretch. Cold Windy weather in the Meadowlands. Last 2 games were home. This is why we cant build our team around the pass. Running and Defense is a must.

GameTime
12-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Out of synch for sure. ha has also been making some odd decisions too. </P>

He audibles out of run play which is fine then he throws at Revis?? Another play he throws to Barden being covered by Revis?? Yeah it was a one on one match up but so what, He throws succesfully in double coverage all the time.Then on two critcle plays he throws to Beckum and another to Thomas?? Made no sense to me. Granted I am in my living room sitting on the couch but I am sitting their wondering whats happening??</P>

</P>

And whats with the 3rd and short and 3rd and managable with these long pass plays??? Makes little sense to me..</P>

Get the first down. This isnt all On Eli of course but each play has a few different possibilities.....</P>

get the first and move the chains.</P>

</P>

jakegibbs
12-25-2011, 10:19 AM
This is the second straight week with the entire passing game out of whack. Too many incompletions, dropped passes, miscommunication. We need this fixed. Luckily we had big plays this week that made up for it, but Eli needs to get the boys back on track.

Need I remind you of NFL history & the NYG's. The offense can win some games but a solid defense will win the Giants a Championship. Just look to the past to see the future.

This team will go as far as their defense takes them. Nothing's really changed & don't expect it will.