PDA

View Full Version : Marc Ross withdraws from Jets G.M. contention

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-16-2013, 12:16 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/15/marc-ross-withdraws-from-jets-g-m-contention/

JJC7301
01-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Maybe he doesn't interview well. I thought that he'd be someone's GM by now, but I'm not complaining. Hope he's here for at least 1 more year.

EnragedYouth85
01-16-2013, 12:49 AM
I wouldn't want to be the GM for the Jets either! Rex Ryan is a complete tool..

Mlerman17
01-16-2013, 02:25 AM
good news

TCHOF
01-16-2013, 07:16 AM
Maybe he doesn't interview well. I thought that he'd be someone's GM by now, but I'm not complaining. Hope he's here for at least 1 more year.

He withdrew from consideration. The Jets didn't reject him. (At least as far as we know)

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 07:28 AM
No one wants that job. At least one candidate was offered a $1M housing allowance and he turned them down

TCHOF
01-16-2013, 07:29 AM
No one wants that job. At least one candidate was offered a $1M housing allowance and he turned them down

To go to Jacksonville!!! That says a lot.

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 07:31 AM
To go to Jacksonville!!! That says a lot.

Do they not want Rex? Do they not want to work for Johnson?

It seems to be Rex Ryan holding them back:

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/16/new-york-giants-director-of-college-scouting-marc-ross-withdraws-name-from-jets-gm-search/

EnragedYouth85
01-16-2013, 07:33 AM

Like I said, Rex is a complete tool. His wife has a tattoo of him wearing a sanchez jersey? For real?! I'm sure he has the teams best future on his mind..

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Like I said, Rex is a complete tool. His wife has a tattoo of him wearing a sanchez jersey? For real?! I'm sure he has the teams best future on his mind..

Maybe he just can't "toe" the line?????? :rolleyes:

EnragedYouth85
01-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Maybe he just can't "toe" the line?????? :rolleyes:

lol, and the owner of that team is ******ed. He fires the GM but not the coach? That makes sense...

That's probably why no one wants to work for that nutjobs..

jomo
01-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Like I said, Rex is a complete tool. His wife has a tattoo of him wearing a sanchez jersey? For real?! I'm sure he has the teams best future on his mind..Don't forget that the owner called his head coach "sophistocated". Of all the words he could choose that is about the most bizaar.

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Don't forget that the owner called his head coach "sophistocated". Of all the words he could choose that is about the most bizaar.

I'd never heard that before, therein lies the problem. lol

EnragedYouth85
01-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Don't forget that the owner called his head coach "sophistocated". Of all the words he could choose that is about the most bizaar.

Maybe sophistocated about what foods he could eat to make himself more of a fatass.. lol

jomo
01-16-2013, 07:52 AM
I'd never heard that before, therein lies the problem. lolDuring the last press conference where the two of them stumbled and mumbled, Johnson put it out there as part of his praise for Rex. A day or two after that press conference I listened to Andy Reid's first meeting with the press in his new job. Wow, what a difference from Rex. Reid is a guy with a deep understanding of the game and what needs to be done to reclaim greatness with the Chiefs. Rex on the other had................more of the same high schoolish quotes.................."let me tell you this, no team is gonna want to play us next year" How's that for sophistocated?

GameTime
01-16-2013, 08:25 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/15/marc-ross-withdraws-from-jets-g-m-contention/
good.....dont know why anyone would want to go to the Jets...

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 08:32 AM
lol, and the owner of that team is ******ed. He fires the GM but not the coach? That makes sense...

That's probably why no one wants to work for that nutjobs..

The biggest mistake, really, was Woody's insistence that Rex has to stay. That's a sign he's not going to let the GM be the GM and that's not a good sign when a GM starts to right the listing ship.

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 08:34 AM
good.....dont know why anyone would want to go to the Jets...

Have they considered Tebow?

GameTime
01-16-2013, 08:34 AM
The bigeset mistake, really, was Woody's insistence that Rex has to stay. That's a sign he's not going to let the GM be the GM and that's not a good sign when a GM starts to right the listing ship.
The Jets way....*** backwards.....

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 08:37 AM
The Jets way....*** backwards.....

It's really a damning statment that they can't fill that job with all of the sweetners they are apparently offering. Ross could have taken the job and not have to move his family, maintain the professional relationships he's built up in the metropolitan area, have a close at hand mentor in Jerry Reese........

GameTime
01-16-2013, 08:43 AM
It's really a damning statment that they can't fill that job with all of the sweetners they are apparently offering. Ross could have taken the job and not have to move his family, maintain the professional relationships he's built up in the metropolitan area, have a close at hand mentor in Jerry Reese........

I just see that org as they are always a few cards short of a full deck. Then saying..."same old Jets" rings true....

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 08:46 AM
I just see that org as they are always a few cards short of a full deck. Then saying..."same old Jets" rings true....

It really does

Redeyejedi
01-16-2013, 09:12 AM

It seems to be Rex Ryan holding them back:

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/16/new-york-giants-director-of-college-scouting-marc-ross-withdraws-name-from-jets-gm-search/i dont think its Rex Ryan as a coach thats bothering them, I think its the fact that the GM isnt getting complete autonomy to slash and burn the roster.I believe Rex and Woody think that roster can be fixed with tweeks when in reality they need to rebuild.A New GM is probably saying I need to do this ,this and this to fix the roster and they are probably saying U can do this but not that or that.How is a GM going to do that job and risk his career putting his name on a roster that he doesnt want. This is just speculation on my part but I think the main problem is Woody and Rex think that team has more talent than it does

Redeyejedi
01-16-2013, 09:17 AM
If they want this setup should promote someone from within

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 09:18 AM
During the last press conference where the two of them stumbled and mumbled, Johnson put it out there as part of his praise for Rex. A day or two after that press conference I listened to Andy Reid's first meeting with the press in his new job. Wow, what a difference from Rex. Reid is a guy with a deep understanding of the game and what needs to be done to reclaim greatness with the Chiefs. Rex on the other had................more of the same high schoolish quotes.................."let me tell you this, no team is gonna want to play us next year" How's that for sophistocated?

More like history repeating itself for Rex & Co.

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 09:19 AM
i dont think its Rex Ryan as a coach thats bothering them, I think its the fact that the GM isnt getting complete autonomy to slash and burn the roster.I believe Rex and Woody think that roster can be fixed with tweeks when in reality they need to rebuild.A New GM is probably saying I need to do this ,this and this to fix the roster and they are probably saying U can do this but not that or that.How is a GM going to do that job and risk his career putting his name on a roster that he doesnt want. This is just speculation on my part but I think the main problem is Woody and Rex think that team has more talent than it does

No one wants to be a puppet

Toadofsteel
01-16-2013, 09:21 AM
I almost wish I had the money to buy the Jets franchise... their fanbase, while not the nicest population ever, doesn't deserve the crap that Woody Johnson has been giving out all this time.

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 09:26 AM
I almost wish I had the money to buy the Jets franchise... their fanbase, while not the nicest population ever, doesn't deserve the crap that Woody Johnson has been giving out all this time.

Wait a week and it may fall into your price range :cool:

Mercury
01-16-2013, 09:28 AM
I agree with their decision to fire Tannenbaum. That was a good move. However, I don't think a new GM should ever be married to a coach they don't want. The GM needs to be given full authority over HC or at least have one they want to work with. Just like a HC gets to pick his coaching staff.

Woody is too caught up on Rex having gotten them to the championship game twice. It's not the goal. If the goal is SB, get some staff that can get you there. Rex is way in over his head as a HC.

Red Dog
01-16-2013, 11:16 AM

I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY

TuckandRolle
01-16-2013, 11:23 AM
I heard he wouldn't want to waste a year with Rex, would want full control over personnel decisions and with Rex there he doesn't have that.

Toadofsteel
01-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Wait a week and it may fall into your price range :cool:

The funny thing is I would take that GM job if they asked me. I wish I could make that level of money...

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 11:29 AM
The funny thing is I would take that GM job if they asked me. I wish I could make that level of money...

Which makes the vacancy being so toxic quite embarrassing, I would think.

Toadofsteel
01-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Maybe if they can't find a GM they could get Madden NFL to fill the role. Maybe get Ask Madden to call the plays while they're at it too...

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Maybe if they can't find a GM they could get Madden NFL to fill the role. Maybe get Ask Madden to call the plays while they're at it too...

If they really don't have anyone in house they've been preparing, it highlights the philosophical difference between the Giants and Jets.

Toadofsteel
01-16-2013, 11:37 AM
If they really don't have anyone in house they've been preparing, it highlights the philosophical difference between the Giants and Jets.

I think that difference was highlighted long ago... If a Giants fan that was rich enough bought the Jets and tried to remodel them into a Giants clone, I think their team would be more than able to make good playoff runs much more consistently than the Jets did. For one thing, that would attract people like Ross to be their GM or would be willing to take on PF as a head coach or something...

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 11:40 AM
I think that difference was highlighted long ago... If a Giants fan that was rich enough bought the Jets and tried to remodel them into a Giants clone, I think their team would be more than able to make good playoff runs much more consistently than the Jets did. For one thing, that would attract people like Ross to be their GM or would be willing to take on PF as a head coach or something...

It all does start with the Front Office and I'm glad the Giants are a "developing" organization

gumby74
01-16-2013, 01:14 PM

I'm acctually surprised they've had a solid fan base all these years ..

Roosevelt
01-16-2013, 01:19 PM

Looking from the outside, I'd say it speaks of Marc's character.