PDA

View Full Version : great win for the players as coaches tried to loose us the game

sheepdip
12-24-2011, 09:13 PM
first off prety darn good game ,Tuck played a lot better and was a force, JPP is a sick dude thanks Reese.

Good all around game but to all the intelligent fans that understand football this is for u.

Let me start with game management 12 man call was smart coaching by the jets and dumb coaching by TC.

Killdrive before the half with 2 + mins backed up comes out with 2 straight passes ??? am I missing something ? not one run to take some time off. Of course we get put in 3rd and 11 and cruz scores a 99 yard td. now before you guys give killdrive credit just think if cruz doesnt make that catch. 3 striahgt passes backed up and take no time off the clock ?? that is bad game managment. Yes we scored the td so its all forgotten.

Leading by 2 scores with 8 mins left we call pass play and right at Revis ? wtf is wrong with our coaching ? int almost pick 6. Honestly game management again.

Ok with the lead giants calling plays with 8 secs left on play clock ?? am I the only smart one on this board that catches these things??

There is a lot of debate on these boards about where the blame lies and today proves our players are fine and its the coaches that are the problem. Even Fewel had a couple of prevents on 3rd and 12. Mostly thou it was TC and killdrive showing there bad grip on football today. Even the mor on goose even called them out.
great call going after revis !
bad coaches I am sorry.

JacksGiant76
12-24-2011, 09:33 PM
The only thing that really ticked me off is when, I believe, there was about 8 minutes left in the 4th and we came out threw the ball when clearly we should have been running to run the clock down some. Just one run play at least but they went for the pass to Nicks that got tipped and intercepted and gave the Jets life.

Also, Jacobs was having a nice day, 7 carries for 42 yards, and I think he should have gotten the ball a little more.

BrianK
12-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Win or lose there is always a lot of belly aching on this board.

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 09:37 PM
<font color="#0000ff">Lets break down this nightmare of a post. </font>

first off prety darn good game ,Tuck played a lot better and was a force, JPP is a sick dude thanks Reese.

Good all around game but to all the intelligent fans that understand football this is for u.

<font color="#0000ff">Cool I played football and been watching film a lot of my life so i think this includes me, </font>

Let me start with game management 12 man call was smart coaching by the jets and dumb coaching by TC.

<font color="#0000ff">Umm how was this smart by the jets - they went for it on 4th and the giants had to many men ont eh field - if anything this is a spot where our mlb needs to call timeout but yeah the coaches could have seen it too - still not sure how brilliant a move it was by the jets (and wait your gonna tell me after this game the jets coaching deserves credit - odd a million jet fans would disagree...but go on. </font>

Killdrive before the half with 2 + mins backed up comes out with 2
straight passes ???
<font color="#0000ff">This is odd - i wonder if it had anything to do with the 6 combined rushing yards - but yeah Gilbride plays on the oline right? Gilbride wasn't getting a push right - weird. </font>

am I missing something ?
<font color="#0000ff">Yep your missing science which is in the stats. </font>
not one run to take some
time off.
<font color="#0000ff">time off? now if you had said one run to get to the 5 so at least we could be ok if we had to punt i would understand - but why take time off - are we not a team that wants to score with 2+ minutes - you realize thats eli's specialty right - the 2 minute drill and that we had 4 negative run plays and one in that spot leads to a safety - yep your missing a lot so far. </font>
Of course we get put in 3rd and 11 and cruz scores a 99 yard
td. now before you guys give killdrive credit just think if cruz doesnt
make that catch. 3 striahgt passes backed up and take no time off the
clock ?? that is bad game managment. Yes we scored the td so its all
forgotten.

<font color="#0000ff">Why should we think in terms of not making plays - with this logic we can also say what if on first eli had connected for a 5yard dunk or what if barden doesnt slip and he catches the open out - but lets imagine cruz drops an easy ball - and a nice play call - yep he made it special but it would have been enough for the first anyhow. And sorry the giants arent about running clock even backed up - you'll have to go back to the days of Dave Brown to get that treatment. But we have a top 4 qb - so yep he is gonna get chances especially when the oline is getting mauled in the run game. </font>

Leading by 2 scores with 8 mins left we call pass play and right at
Revis ? wtf is wrong with our coaching ? int almost pick 6. Honestly
game management again.

<font color="#0000ff">I agree here - they should be running - that said THEY CALLED A RUN PLAY - and Eli WHO IS A PLAYER - saw 8 in the box and checked to a simple slant. Nicks dropped the ball -but yes this is on the coaches? HUH?</font>

Ok with the lead giants calling plays with 8 secs left on play clock
?? am I the only smart one on this board that catches these things??

<font color="#0000ff">Yep - no one know what youre talking about here - they finished the clock out. </font>

There is a lot of debate on these boards about where the blame lies
and today proves our players are fine and its the coaches that are the
problem. Even Fewel had a couple of prevents on 3rd and 12.
<font color="#0000ff">Ok i hate to be rude but now its clear you dont watch football - at NO POINT did fewell ever play prevent or an umbrella did - NEVER HAPPENED. Did they convert a 3rd and 12 - yes - does that mean we are in prevent NOPE. In fact fewell called a ton of press man and the D was pretty nasty - so again whats the problem?</font>

Mostly thou
it was TC and killdrive showing there bad grip on football today.
<font color="#0000ff">Hmm odd - Tuck said the reason he got back to being Himself is b/c his coach - thats tom coughlin brought him into his office and challenged him to forget the injuries get the practice and lead - but lets forget that. Do you remember the 30+ pass play to cruz - that was a wheel play called by gilbride and got cruz off of revis and cro - but that design doesnt do anything for you huh?</font>

Even
the mor on goose even called them out.

<font color="#0000ff">Never called out TC who has never finished worse then 8-8 as our head coach. </font>

<font color="#0000ff">went at him a little too much i agree - but they believed in nicks and he dropped another two - he'll get going against the boys - still they COACHES got back to the run and the team got going in the second half. </font>
bad coaches I am sorry.
<font color="#0000ff">A coach who has won a superbowl - gotten to the afc championship with an expansion team and lifetime over 500 - yep awful - you can criticize all you want coughlin knows his stuff.</font>

giantsfan420
12-24-2011, 09:41 PM
that int to nicks, eli audibled into the pass i believe. nicks blew another catch that hit him in both hands. the ball was actually thrown as good as it coulda been. away from revis but still right in his bread basket.
eli even said it was a run but the jets d was playing full out vs the run so he checked into the pass.

theres more than enough to pin on KG, that int was not on him or eli really even. if u put the ball on the wr like that, and it gets tipped up like the wr was intentionally trying to get it picked off, its all on the wr. nicks has been str8 garbage for two weeks now but he'll snap out of it. i bet he hits the jug machine extra this week.

but everything else i agree with. just bad gameplan with the wr's running rounge routes and just a sloppy game offensively. our run game got going in spite of KG, its like he doesnt understand how to scheme OUR players, you got to work with what u got, call plays the players can execute, he cant.

our offense was sloppy this and last week. we won today bc for once the d showed up and won us a game and the run game got going in the 2nd half due to the rb's never quitting.

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 09:46 PM

<font color="#0000ff">Cool I played football and been watching film a lot of my life so i think this includes me, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">Umm how was this smart by the jets - they went for it on 4th and the giants had to many men ont eh field - if anything this is a spot where our mlb needs to call timeout but yeah the coaches could have seen it too - still not sure how brilliant a move it was by the jets (and wait your gonna tell me after this game the jets coaching deserves credit - odd a million jet fans would disagree...but go on. </font>

straight passes ???
<font color="#0000ff">This is odd - i wonder if it had anything to do with the 6 combined rushing yards - but yeah Gilbride plays on the oline right? Gilbride wasn't getting a push right - weird. </font>

am I missing something ?
not one run to take some
time off.
<font color="#0000ff">time off? now if you had said one run to get to the 5 so at least we could be ok if we had to punt i would understand - but why take time off - are we not a team that wants to score with 2+ minutes - you realize thats eli's specialty right - the 2 minute drill and that we had 4 negative run plays and one in that spot leads to a safety - yep your missing a lot so far. </font>
forgotten.

<font color="#0000ff">Why should we think in terms of not making plays - with this logic we can also say what if on first eli had connected for a 5yard dunk or what if barden doesnt slip and he catches the open out - but lets imagine cruz drops an easy ball - and a nice play call - yep he made it special but it would have been enough for the first anyhow. And sorry the giants arent about running clock even backed up - you'll have to go back to the days of Dave Brown to get that treatment. But we have a top 4 qb - so yep he is gonna get chances especially when the oline is getting mauled in the run game. </font>

game management again.

<font color="#0000ff">I agree here - they should be running - that said THEY CALLED A RUN PLAY - and Eli WHO IS A PLAYER - saw 8 in the box and checked to a simple slant. Nicks dropped the ball -but yes this is on the coaches? HUH?</font>

<font color="#0000ff">Yep - no one know what youre talking about here - they finished the clock out. </font>

<font color="#0000ff">Ok i hate to be rude but now its clear you dont watch football - at NO POINT did fewell ever play prevent or an umbrella did - NEVER HAPPENED. Did they convert a 3rd and 12 - yes - does that mean we are in prevent NOPE. In fact fewell called a ton of press man and the D was pretty nasty - so again whats the problem?</font>

*Mostly thou
<font color="#0000ff">Hmm odd - Tuck said the reason he got back to being Himself is b/c his coach - thats tom coughlin brought him into his office and challenged him to forget the injuries get the practice and lead - but lets forget that. Do you remember the 30+ pass play to cruz - that was a wheel play called by gilbride and got cruz off of revis and cro - but that design doesnt do anything for you huh?</font>

Even

<font color="#0000ff">Never called out TC who has never finished worse then 8-8 as our head coach. </font>

<font color="#0000ff">went at him a little too much i agree - but they believed in nicks and he dropped another two - he'll get going against the boys - still they COACHES got back to the run and the team got going in the second half. </font>
bad coaches I am sorry.
<font color="#0000ff">A coach who has won a superbowl - gotten to the afc championship with an expansion team and lifetime over 500 - yep awful - you can criticize all you want coughlin knows his stuff.</font>

Wow did you think all this by yourself? You forgot one important stat about coughlin: Something like 29-49 in Nov/Dec. He is over 500 but nothing much to show for other than the SB and that was not even his doing! Coughlin is just as bad as Fassel was and Fassel had Kerry Collins not Eli the "elite".

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Ha only a ring and apparently he didnt have anything to do with it - was he not the coach?-AND yep i wrote it all by my lonesome and used something you probably dont understand - called stats which is like science - and you believe in smells and colors - enjoy that.

Its clear you just dont know x's and o's of football mentioning prevent defense and not understanding audibles.

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Ha only a ring and apparently he didnt do it - and yep i did - cause i believe in science - and you believe in smells and colors - enjoy that.And Jimmy Johnson has 2 rings hell even what's his name Barry Switzer has one, does that make them great coaches? I bet you have a lot of BS since you believe in science. So what does the law of probability says Coughlin will do in the playoffs? Remember the stats: 29-49 in Nov/Dec and not much to show in the playoffs.

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Remind me about that prevent d we were in?

Or tell me how the coaches should be blamed for Eli checking at the line.

Actually check out Coughlins playoff record you'd be surprised - but keep bringing up the only stat you have.

Oh and yes Jimmy Johnson was in fact a good coach. Are you aware of what he did in college as well? THAT WAS AT MIAMI - DO YOU KNOW MIAMI? Funny you bring up Switzer too - he and Johson are one of only two coaches to win championships in the nfl AND college but yeah THEY SUUUCK. Your about 15 years old i assume. I wonder if you'd give credit to Parcells for his 2 superbowl rings.

sheepdip
12-26-2011, 10:20 AM

straight passes ???

am I missing something ?
not one run to take some
time off.
forgotten.

game management again.

*Mostly thou

Even

bad coaches I am sorry.

Dude you dont know what your talking about. Let me clarify and hopefully you will understand. Just beause you were a bench warmer for some little league team doesnt qualify you as an x and o guy. Forget x's and o's for a minute.

Backed up in your own end you typially arent looking to score. Main objective backed up is too get as many positve yards as possible and get out of danger area. correct ?For you to say that Eli is great with 2 min drill is kind of a stup id thing to say. yes we know that but again backed up in your end they werent thinking about scoring. My problem was if you dont get 1st down why give Jets ball near midfield with over 2 mins. There offense is clearly din k and dunk so with 2 mins left would give them ample time. I wanted us to atelast run one or 2 times get a couple yards and kill some clock and then throw on 3rd down. Again it went for td but that was becuase of cruz's super human effort the throw was at the sticks to ge first down not to score a td but a first down. It just ended up like that.

Prevent defense reference was a joke. Meaning no rush and drop everyone so Sanchez would have 7 secs to throw the ball.

Calling polays with 8 secs left on play clock is just dumb football.

Throwing the ball with 2 score lead and right to Revis is dumb again. I dont care if people say its Nicks is fault. Doesnt matter you havve to live with the call. PLaying smart safe football with 2 score lead isnt a bad thing. See how fast things could have changed. We actually did jets a favor calling that play. Just like calling plays with 8 secs left on play clock again help the jets . Good game management.

Giants won becuase they made more plays than the jets and were lucky on a couple of plays. they fumbled snap at the 2 yard line was kind of a gift.

Overall I thought we played a good game except for some of the coaching.

yoeddy
12-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Throwing the ball with 2 score lead and right to Revis is dumb again. I dont care if people say its Nicks is fault. Doesnt matter you havve to live with the call. PLaying smart safe football with 2 score lead isnt a bad thing. See how fast things could have changed. We actually did jets a favor calling that play. Just like calling plays with 8 secs left on play clock again help the jets . Good game management.

The coach called a run play. Eli changed it to a pass play. Why are you blaming the coach?

sheepdip
12-26-2011, 10:27 AM
That play could have ended our season ? as the cowboys game was still playing out.

Not a big deal I guess to most here!

YATittle1962
12-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Leading by 2 scores with 8 mins left we call pass play and right at Revis ? wtf is wrong with our coaching ? int almost pick 6. Honestly game management again.

before you go calling out some fans for being unintelligent you yourself should understand that a run play was sent in from the sidelines and Eli checked out when he saw the box stacked

this one is not on the coaches ....sorry brother

Mr Excitement
12-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Glad the D showed up....now the passing game looks lost....and I agree,most of the playing calling wasn't good at all..

Tony Bruno
12-26-2011, 10:44 AM
IMO this game shouldnt been as close at it was.... We really could have dominated the Jets but our OC coaching is just to all or nothing...

I mean 3rd and 1 shotgun and pass at that???
late in the game drive come passing when even if we would have run 3 straight times we take a couple more minutes off... We would have punted...

We forced the Jets to punt I think 9 times... We had turnovers and safteys... This was a real good showing but the Giants D ubt at the end of the day the O has to score at a higher percentage... The truth is it wasnt the O that couldnt do, we punted a few times and a turn over for just terrible palycalling...

That game shoulf have been a blowout... The O has to do a better job with scoring and keeping drives alive...

That game was won dominated by the D...

Tony Bruno
12-26-2011, 10:49 AM

The coach called a run play. Eli changed it to a pass play. Why are you blaming the coach?

The game shouldnt have been so close at that point... Eli did make a mistake but KK made 100 of them... Shame on Eli too for not checking to a run on 3 and 1...

nygsb42champs
12-26-2011, 10:50 AM
The pass with 8 minutes left in the game was not a Gilbride call. TC said in a report that it was a Eli audible at the line.

yoeddy
12-26-2011, 10:57 AM

The game shouldnt have been so close at that point... Eli did make a mistake but KK made 100 of them... Shame on Eli too for not checking to a run on 3 and 1...

I guess that's the point...how much do you pin on the coaches, and how much do you pin on Eli? Asides from the play that resulted in the INT which is now known to have been an audible by Eli, how do you know how many other of the "100 mistakes by KK" were actually made by the coaches?

Roosevelt
12-26-2011, 11:21 AM

One more thing - the Jets had 7 guys in the box on that play. I'd like to know what Eli saw to make him change it and throw it at Revis.

Roosevelt
12-26-2011, 11:25 AM

I guess that's the point...how much do you pin on the coaches, and how much do you pin on Eli? Asides from the play that resulted in the INT which is now known to have been an audible by Eli, how do you know how many other of the "100 mistakes by KK" were actually made by the coaches?

Ultimate blame has to go to Gilbride IMO. It's his system. Is there any other offense in the league that has communication problems between the QB and WR's like our Giants have?

Tony Bruno
12-26-2011, 11:26 AM

Well the end result is whatever gets called by Eli or coaches the chain of command goes to the coach... He should be situational and say "hey I dont care what you see... Dont throw the ball"... To many options in the "complicated" playbook!!!

Plus I think KK calls the formations... Thats my beef most of the time...

YATittle1962
12-26-2011, 11:27 AM

One more thing - the Jets had 7 guys in the box on that play.* I'd like to know what Eli saw to make him change it and throw it at Revis.

now that I look at it I see that there was absolutely no reason for Eli to check out of the run.

why Coughlin said in the presser that the box was stacked I have no idea

it absolutely was not

Tony Bruno
12-26-2011, 11:32 AM

Ultimate blame has to go to Gilbride IMO.* It's his system.* Is there any other offense in the league that has communication problems between the QB and WR's like our Giants have?

Even so Eli does the best in no huddle... How come the only time we do that is int eh 2 minutes warnings??? We are just not consistant...

Its like KK has to try every formation in the playbook and then go back to what worked in stead of sticking with what works until they stop it.,.. I said in a past post the ill be KK tries to attack the Jets throught he air knowing its their strongest position... Lord forbid we actually run the ball more than we pass playing with a lead...

We only balanced out the pass because we ran at the very end... Bottomline Eli 9-27 isnt going to win games and some of those passes shouldnt been even called... We eality beat the Jets had we choose to pound them...

That being said the WRs better start doing what they get paid for ... These guys cant catch a cold...

yoeddy
12-26-2011, 01:38 PM

One more thing - the Jets had 7 guys in the box on that play.* I'd like to know what Eli saw to make him change it and throw it at Revis.

Jets had 7 in the box, but Giants had a 3-WR set...if the Giants had run the ball, they would have only had 6 blockers (5 Oline + TE)...

And I look at it this way...the pass should have been caught...it was not a high-risk throw. It was a high-percentage slant thrown to a spot that should have either been caught or knocked down...it's not like Eli checked into a post-pattern thrown...

yoeddy
12-26-2011, 01:41 PM

Ultimate blame has to go to Gilbride IMO.* It's his system.* Is there any other offense in the league that has communication problems between the QB and WR's like our Giants have?

You could look at it that way...or you could also look at it with the fact that this offense is 4th in receiving yards, 6th in TD receptions...

yoeddy
12-26-2011, 01:42 PM

now that I look at it I see that there was absolutely no reason for Eli to check out of the run.

it absolutely was not

Eli said it in his post-game interview...didn't hear that Coughlin said it...

chasjay
12-26-2011, 01:56 PM

One more thing - the Jets had 7 guys in the box on that play. I'd like to know what Eli saw to make him change it and throw it at Revis.

I don't know what run play was called and how the defense matched up with it - and Eli didn't throw at Revis, he threw at Nicks - and by the way, threw it perfectly, hitting him squarely in the hands.

YATittle1962
12-26-2011, 02:15 PM

it absolutely was not

doesnt change the fact that he said it

I have to question two calls by Eli in that game

1. checking out of a run on the pick

2. not checking out of the pass on 3rd and 1

I also question the coaching staff taking Jacobs out of the game after a big gain when he is all fired up......its 3rd and 1 and they bring Ware in and call a pass?

hmmmmm

bklyn1028
12-26-2011, 02:45 PM
This is absolutely, positively ridiculous. They won the game, period. What the heck is wrong with you guys, my God!!!
You questioned play calling when we lost, and you now question play calling when we win???
What does it take to make you guys happy. I suppose you want Coughlin fired now because Eli is allowed to audible? Wait, lets get rid of Eli for doing an audible, he isn't listening. Yeah, we beat the Jets, lets get rid of Gilbride....WAIT....i GOT IT.......If we beat the Cowboys,
LETS GET RID OF EVERYONE, EVEN MARA!!!

fourth&forever
12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Glad I've found the complaint thread. Here's mine:
Loose and lose have different meanings. just saying

yoeddy
12-26-2011, 03:04 PM

it absolutely was not

doesnt change the fact that he said it

I have to question two calls by Eli in that game

1. checking out of a run on the pick

2. not checking out of the pass on 3rd and 1

I also question the coaching staff taking Jacobs out of the game after a big gain when he is all fired up......its 3rd and 1 and they bring Ware in and call a pass?

hmmmmm

I can only assume that Eli audibles into plays that he feels takes the best advantage over the defense being called. Yes, it's maddening sometimes...

...and yes, I agree that it is incredibly frustrating to see Jacobs make a big play only to be taken out and not used again for the rest of the quarter. Would love to see Jacobs get on a roll...

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 03:11 PM
first off prety darn good game ,Tuck played a lot better and was a force, JPP is a sick dude thanks Reese. Good all around game but to all the intelligent fans that understand football this is for u. Let me start with game management 12 man call was smart coaching by the jets and dumb coaching by TC. Killdrive before the half with 2 + mins backed up comes out with 2 straight passes ??? am I missing something ? not one run to take some time off. Of course we get put in 3rd and 11 and cruz scores a 99 yard td. now before you guys give killdrive credit just think if cruz doesnt make that catch. 3 striahgt passes backed up and take no time off the clock ?? that is bad game managment. Yes we scored the td so its all forgotten. Leading by 2 scores with 8 mins left we call pass play and right at Revis ? wtf is wrong with our coaching ? int almost pick 6. Honestly game management again. Ok with the lead giants calling plays with 8 secs left on play clock ?? am I the only smart one on this board that catches these things?? There is a lot of debate on these boards about where the blame lies and today proves our players are fine and its the coaches that are the problem. Even Fewel had a couple of prevents on 3rd and 12. Mostly thou it was TC and killdrive showing there bad grip on football today. Even the mor on goose even called them out. great call going after revis ! bad coaches I am sorry.</P>

</P>

I would think that you would be thrilled with the coaching staff since you predicted a 4-12 season this year. Based upon your prediction, TC should be coach of the year, and he and all of his coordinators should receive lengthy contract extensions . . . . .</P>

</P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Killdrive before the half with 2 + mins backed up comes out with 2 straight passes ??? am I missing something ? not one run to take some time off.

I was trying to look like a smartass in front of my family by predicting the shotgun draw.

SweetZombieJesus
12-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Ha only a ring and apparently he didnt have anything to do with it - was he not the coach?

Here's some stats for you to chew on for Tom Coughlin:

<ul> Collapses in 7 out of 8 years Nov/Dec record of 30-42 Never won a home playoff game Three first-round playoff bounces
Only one 2nd half record better than .500 (2005, 5-3) Responsible for some of the worst no-shows in franchise history (2005 vs Panthers, 2008 vs Eagles, 2009 vs Panthers in last game ever at Giants Stadium, 2010 vs Eagles, 2010 vs Packers).
[/list]

yoeddy
12-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Ha only a ring and apparently he didnt have anything to do with it - was he not the coach?

Here's some stats for you to chew on for Tom Coughlin:

<ul> Collapses in 7 out of 8 years Nov/Dec record of 30-42 Never won a home playoff game Three first-round playoff bounces
Only one 2nd half record better than .500 (2005, 5-3) Responsible for some of the worst no-shows in franchise history (2005 vs Panthers, 2008 vs Eagles, 2009 vs Panthers in last game ever at Giants Stadium, 2010 vs Eagles, 2010 vs Packers).
[/list]

Why only show the negative stats?

SweetZombieJesus
12-27-2011, 10:03 AM

First, because the guy I was responding to has the blinders on and only sees the good. 2007 was magical but it's 1 year out of 8.

It's one thing if these bad things happen once twice or three times. It's another when they happen 7 out of 8 times.

Second, because those are crucial to his performance and put 2007 in proper perspective. Look at the Nov/Dec records of other top coaches; Belichick's for example is stellar. Most would agree getting hot going into the playoffs is good; Tom's teams do the opposite.

I mean, we can find positive stats about Herm Edwards if we wanted to, right?

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 10:06 AM
This is absolutely, positively ridiculous. They won the game, period. What the heck is wrong with you guys, my God!!!
You questioned play calling when we lost, and you now question play calling when we win???
What does it take to make you guys happy. I suppose you want Coughlin fired now because Eli is allowed to audible? Wait, lets get rid of Eli for doing an audible, he isn't listening. Yeah, we beat the Jets, lets get rid of Gilbride....WAIT....i GOT IT.......If we beat the Cowboys,
LETS GET RID OF EVERYONE, EVEN MARA!!!

Above average players bailing out below average coaching... #bottomline...

GMENAGAIN
12-27-2011, 07:20 PM

First, because the guy I was responding to has the blinders on and only sees the good. 2007 was magical but it's 1 year out of 8.

It's one thing if these bad things happen once twice or three times. It's another when they happen 7 out of 8 times.

Second, because those are crucial to his performance and put 2007 in proper perspective. Look at the Nov/Dec records of other top coaches; Belichick's for example is stellar. Most would agree getting hot going into the playoffs is good; Tom's teams do the opposite.

</P>

</P>

The best description of Herm Edwards' coaching abilities I ever heard was "Herm will take a team with 9-7 talent and coach them to 8-8." Thought that was perfect . . . . .</P>

bigblue58
12-27-2011, 07:57 PM

Killdrive before the half with 2 + mins backed up comes out with 2 straight passes ??? am I missing something ? not one run to take some time off. Of course we get put in 3rd and 11 and cruz scores a 99 yard td. now before you guys give killdrive credit just think if cruz doesnt make that catch. 3 striahgt passes backed up and take no time off the clock ?? that is bad game managment. Yes we scored the td so its all forgotten.

Ok with the lead giants calling plays with 8 secs left on play clock ?? am I the only smart one on this board that catches these things??

There is a lot of debate on these boards about where the blame lies and today proves our players are fine and its the coaches that are the problem. Even Fewel had a couple of prevents on 3rd and 12. Mostly thou it was TC and killdrive showing there bad grip on football today. Even the mor on goose even called them out.
bad coaches I am sorry.

Having to punt after another one of those damned draw plays on a 3rd and 6 goes nowhere too!
Could we please trash can that draw play and just once pick up a 3rd down to run out the clock and secure the win?? I'm sick of the opposition always getting another chance at the ball.

sheepdip
12-27-2011, 08:40 PM
6-10 mor on.

sheepdip
12-27-2011, 08:41 PM
first off prety darn good game ,Tuck played a lot better and was a force, JPP is a sick dude thanks Reese. Good all around game but to all the intelligent fans that understand football this is for u. Let me start with game management 12 man call was smart coaching by the jets and dumb coaching by TC. Killdrive before the half with 2 + mins backed up comes out with 2 straight passes ??? am I missing something ? not one run to take some time off. Of course we get put in 3rd and 11 and cruz scores a 99 yard td. now before you guys give killdrive credit just think if cruz doesnt make that catch. 3 striahgt passes backed up and take no time off the clock ?? that is bad game managment. Yes we scored the td so its all forgotten. Leading by 2 scores with 8 mins left we call pass play and right at Revis ? wtf is wrong with our coaching ? int almost pick 6. Honestly game management again. Ok with the lead giants calling plays with 8 secs left on play clock ?? am I the only smart one on this board that catches these things?? There is a lot of debate on these boards about where the blame lies and today proves our players are fine and its the coaches that are the problem. Even Fewel had a couple of prevents on 3rd and 12. Mostly thou it was TC and killdrive showing there bad grip on football today. Even the mor on goose even called them out. great call going after revis ! bad coaches I am sorry.</P>

*</P>

I would think that you would be thrilled with the coaching staff since you predicted a 4-12 season this year.* Based upon your prediction, TC should be coach of the year, and he and all of his coordinators should receive lengthy contract extensions . . . . .</P>

*</P>

6-10 mor on

GMENAGAIN
12-28-2011, 08:08 AM

*</P>

I would think that you would be thrilled with the coaching staff since you predicted a 4-12 season this year.* Based upon your prediction, TC should be coach of the year, and he and all of his coordinators should receive lengthy contract extensions . . . . .</P>

*</P>

6-10 mor on

Nice try . . . everyone else may have forgotten, but I haven't. You called 4-12 -- be a man and own up.

Even if you had called 6-10 as you now claim, the team has overachieved according to your initial prediction. Yet you continue to start these threads bashing the coaching staff. You can't have it both ways . . . . .although I am pretty certain that if this season turns out well, you'll just deny that you ever created such threads . . . .

bearbryant
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Did you expect anything more from this group?

When the players show up, they compensate for the poor management, preparation, football savvy and coaching that this team puts on display every week. We need a coaching staff in the year 2011 not 1990

dave56dj
12-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Please let me know about Herm edward positive stats - please show me where they include an afc championship game or a Super Bowl victory. How bout his 422 w-l pct - compared to coughlins 553. How bout coughlins 533 in the playoffs?

I know i know - 2007 was based on magic and smells and colors so lets take that away from him. Why would we credit him with a Super Bowl he was only the coach. Lets also take the expansion teams afc championship team away too it was probably just more magic. And if you think those are the worst playoff performances in giant history you haven't been watching long enough.

If you asks any beat reporter/ analyst you will see the giants second halves have had one thing in common, they have had a rash injuries (yep worse then the last years packers) forcing them to start several players picked up from the couch in several starting roles. They have had brutal schedules and also, you are correct, they haven't played as well. But to think Tom isn't a good coach is sad - but lets fire him and bring in jeff fisher (no Super Bowl - worse playoff record) Jon Gruden (one Super Bowl almost the same playoff record and same regular season) or bill cowher (one Super Bowl and only slightly better all around numbers).....bash all you want find all the negative stats you want - coughlin is a proven winner -IT IS IN FACT SCIENCE

yoeddy
12-28-2011, 06:53 PM

First, because the guy I was responding to has the blinders on and only sees the good.* 2007 was magical but it's 1 year out of 8.

It's one thing if these bad things happen once twice or three times.* It's another when they happen 7 out of 8 times.

Second, because those are crucial to his performance and put 2007 in proper perspective.* Look at the Nov/Dec records of other top coaches; Belichick's for example is stellar.* Most would agree getting hot going into the playoffs is good; Tom's teams do the opposite.

I would look at it this way:

- Coughlin inherited a 4-12 team and won a Super Bowl 4 years later.
- Followed up SB winning season with an NFC best 12-4 record in 2008
- Struggled in 2009 with big churn in personnel (all new starting WRs and LBs) as well as defensive coordinator (Sheridan, picked from within to continue with Spags' system with obviously bad results)
- Narrowly missed the playoffs in 2010, losing a tiebreaker with the Packers, even while dealing with huge injury numbers at WR (signing guys off the street in midseason because of the number of injuries). One stop against Philly in week 15 changes the complexion of the entire season.
- Enters final week of 2011 season with the opportunity to win the division even with 7 CBs on IR, starting MLB signed in week 12 because of injuries to the LB corps, etc.

To me, this looks pretty good...much better than Herm Edwards could ever say about his head coaching resume...