PDA

View Full Version : Giants Must Find Solution At MLB This Offseason

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/16/new-york-giants-must-find-solution-at-middle-linebacker-this-offseason/

Excerpt: "The New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants defense faces a major question mark at the middle linebacker position that must be addressed before the start of next season. Starter Chase Blackburn (http://www.giants101.com/tag/chase-blackburn/) is an unrestricted free agent this offseason, and General Manager Jerry Reese (http://www.giants101.com/tag/jerry-reese/) must decide whether to resign him or look at other options for a middle linebacker whether it comes from a player already on their roster, free agency or the draft.

Despite being touted as on of the teams' deepest units, last season's linebacker squad anchored a Giants defense that ranked 31st allowing 6,134 yards. The defense also ranked 28th in the passing game (254.3 yards per game), and 25th against the run (129.1 yards per game). The team may suffer the same results again unless some type of upgrade is made.

Blackburn, who will be 30-years-old before the start of next season, was the starter in 23 of the last 25 games. Though Blackburn gave the Giants some consistency at the position with 98 tackles, it didn't seem he was able to make the key play when the team needed it like he was able to the season before. The player with most experience after him on the Giants roster is undrafted free agent Mark Herzlich (http://www.giants101.com/tag/mark-herzlich/). The Giants made it clear he was being groomed to be their future at linebacker, but in his limited opportunities, Herzlich's performance left something to be desired.

The Giants have several other youngsters who they could fill in at middle linebacker in Jacquian Williams and Spencer Paysinger (http://www.giants101.com/tag/spencer-paysinger/). Williams, a second-year player drafted out of South Florida by the Giants, showed promise at times but battled injuries all season. The Giants also sent a fifth-round pick to the Cincinnati Bengals for Keith Rivers (http://www.giants101.com/tag/keith-rivers/) who also has issues staying healthy. The other option currently on the roster is Michael Boley (http://www.giants101.com/tag/michael-boley/), who saw his playing time inexplicably diminish." Read more...

gumby74
01-16-2013, 09:47 AM
we've had crap linebackers for the last 10 years. I'll be fine with that again, as long as we fix our dline.

embeshAtYa
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM
how could you be fine with crap linebackers. your nuts. Groom Hertz? No way. Enough of these NON athletic dudes that suck. Get a beast in the middle who needs to be accounted for on every play. We want great. Not crappy.

gumby74
01-16-2013, 10:11 AM
how could you be fine with crap linebackers. your nuts. Groom Hertz? No way. Enough of these NON athletic dudes that suck. Get a beast in the middle who needs to be accounted for on every play. We want great. Not crappy.

Because I'd rather spend our money elsewhere. It obvious that LBers is not a key component of our defensive philosphy. dline however is. There's not enough money to go around.

flashnando
01-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Because I'd rather spend our money elsewhere. It obvious that LBers is not a key component of our defensive philosphy. dline however is. There's not enough money to go around.

I agree with Gumby74. Would be nice to find a gem MLB in the draft some how but the Dline is key for our defense.

embeshAtYa
01-16-2013, 10:28 AM
The philosophy has been the guys we have are good enough. Thats where it needs to be changed. Game changer. not good enough. All this talk from Coughlin.. Stop Run. Well how about you get the personel that can do that!!!

Carter.525
01-16-2013, 10:31 AM
as of now our MLB is not on the roster..... I hope

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 10:46 AM
The philosophy has been the guys we have are good enough. Thats where it needs to be changed. Game changer. not good enough. All this talk from Coughlin.. Stop Run. Well how about you get the personel that can do that!!!

You're blaming TC for personnel decisions?

nycsportzfan
01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
LB's are a huge issue, and the worst they've been as a whole in quite some time, and thats saying something... Upgrades are a must...

nycsportzfan
01-16-2013, 10:53 AM
We also need solid players around our DLINE, as the DLINE needs help as well.. By not upgrading our LB unit, were also hurting our Dline..

ryan12
01-16-2013, 10:55 AM
as of now our MLB is not on the roster..... I hope

teo baby

Carter.525
01-16-2013, 10:57 AM
teo baby

I'm down..

Toadofsteel
01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
I think either Te'o or Ogletree will fall to #19...

ShakeandBake
01-16-2013, 12:49 PM
We also need solid players around our DLINE, as the DLINE needs help as well.. By not upgrading our LB unit, were also hurting our Dline..

We also need a CB if Webster cannot return to form, and help on the offensive line especially if Beatty isn't resigned. We have so many holes I would be surprised if we took a LB in the first, but I agree the LB core is horrible as well and needs help.

Riverboat76
01-16-2013, 01:48 PM
The game is changing with these mobile QBs. Unless the Giants plan on employing a 4 DE, 7DB scheme we need to upgrade the speed in our LB core. The days of the lumbering Kiwi or Chase are (hopefully) over. I would flip if Teo somehow falls to 19. I do think he will still be there after the top 10 so its not inconcievable to think the Giants could jump up a few spots to snatch him.

TheAnalyst
01-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Olgetree >>>> Te'O

G-Men Surg.
01-17-2013, 02:21 AM
By this time I give up in trying to figure out how Reese mind works but lets not kid our selfs we have a glaring hole in the middle of the D for years. I don't question JR work because he is a proven GM that has struck gold much more than stikeouts but just for once I would love to see a NEED such like MLB taken care of. My kid ? Ogletree. He is a stud MLB, nobody matches his intensity and is a true dog on the field of play. A all around athlete, was a starter on the basketball team and run the 400 yard dash, the 4 x 100 relay and long jump In high school. Sounds like a Reese kind of player. Aside of all the needs on OL, CB, DL I think for heaven sake JR has to adress once and for all the NEED at MLB. No more excuses, heck there's no excuses left in my opinion.

GiantRoc
01-17-2013, 02:54 AM
There were issues with the D-line, no doubt. There was a lot of game planning by teams to negate the rush. Injuries also hurt the middle of our D-line (defending the run). I agree a monster MLB would take pressure off the D-line. Ogletree is the guy for the job, but I don't see him dropping to 19. Not sure Teo is NFL monster material . I'd like to see his workouts/combine results. We need a player, not another feel good story. If Herz was the man, I think it would have shown by now.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-17-2013, 02:57 AM
There were issues with the D-line, no doubt. There was a lot of game planning by teams to negate the rush. Injuries also hurt the middle of our D-line (defending the run). I agree a monster MLB would take pressure off the D-line. Ogletree is the guy for the job, but I don't see him dropping to 19. Not sure Teo is NFL monster material . I'd like to see his workouts/combine results. We need a player, not another feel good story. If Herz was the man, I think it would have shown by now.

I am really hoping for Ogeltree, and if not him kasheem greene.

giantsfan420
01-17-2013, 03:23 AM
id consider our draft a complete success if we can get 2 of the 3 OL declaring for this draft from bama. like at 19 or we trade up or something for that G warwick is it? then in rd 2 that T they have thats nasty but not rated as high...ok dream over lol that be sick tho. i wonder why no teams ever try and keep dominant tandems/groupings of OL for a particular school that declare for the draft the same season...ya know like why wouldnt a team do whatever it would take to ensure u get all 3 of the 'bama OL declaring for this draft? Ud have ur OL being a core for 2 yrs already in college and now they have 10 yrs together on the same team...

BlueReign
01-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Te'o will definitely fall after this girlfriend fiasco.

TCHOF
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
id consider our draft a complete success if we can get 2 of the 3 OL declaring for this draft from bama. like at 19 or we trade up or something for that G warwick is it? then in rd 2 that T they have thats nasty but not rated as high...ok dream over lol that be sick tho. i wonder why no teams ever try and keep dominant tandems/groupings of OL for a particular school that declare for the draft the same season...ya know like why wouldnt a team do whatever it would take to ensure u get all 3 of the 'bama OL declaring for this draft? Ud have ur OL being a core for 2 yrs already in college and now they have 10 yrs together on the same team...

I would be on board with this.

shane4177
01-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Yes but PLEASE no T'eo......something is wrong with that dude...

big blue dog
01-17-2013, 12:34 PM
he didnt look like he belonged on the same field as bama maybe this bs scandal had something to do with it i dont think we need that.

giantsfan420
01-17-2013, 02:05 PM
I am really hoping for Ogeltree, and if not him kasheem greene.really? Ogeltree looks undersized to me, like to skinny to be a MLB. i watched a few clips on him. i like his athleticism. and seems to have good instincts.
but anytime an OL touched him, he became useless. Id be for drafting him the 2nd, no way the 1rst imo.

big blue dog
01-17-2013, 02:52 PM
agree on ogeltree he might get gobbled up by nfl gaurds

GiantRoc
01-17-2013, 03:02 PM
He will get bigger and stronger. "Undersized" guys have done well in the middle before. Speed, desire and football intellect came over come a slight size defecit. Especially in the current era of speed offenses. He may not have all that, but thats what the scouts will determine.

GiantRoc
01-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Agreed on the OL needs too. We can't over look a top O-lineman, if he is the best at his position when its out pick. The problem is, we have young O-linemen that we know nothing about. We are all sure we do not have a #1 MLB on this team as it sits today.

PennState1
01-17-2013, 03:16 PM
The game is changing with these mobile QBs. Unless the Giants plan on employing a 4 DE, 7DB scheme we need to upgrade the speed in our LB core. The days of the lumbering Kiwi or Chase are (hopefully) over. I would flip if Teo somehow falls to 19. I do think he will still be there after the top 10 so its not inconcievable to think the Giants could jump up a few spots to snatch him.Really? What did he do in the chsmpiondhip game that would make you want him? ND played a VERY soft schedule this year! The first real team they play they get crushed and he looked REALLY BAD... Missed tackles all over the field. He was overwhelmed and folded like a cheap umbrella. OVERRATED!!! He will be a bust in the NFL.

river555
01-17-2013, 10:30 PM
If the DE's would have generated a pass rush this year and the seconday would have been more consistent and not given up so many big plays who plays, MLB would not be an issue.

GTGiantsFan
01-17-2013, 10:56 PM
I'd love Ogletree, has the frame to get bigger and is fast and always around the ball.

joemorrisforprez
01-17-2013, 10:58 PM
we've had crap linebackers for the last 10 years. I'll be fine with that again, as long as we fix our dline.

Not me. I like Giants Football....that means good defense, and especially, good linebackers.

TheAnalyst
01-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Not me. I like Giants Football....that means good defense, and especially, good linebackers.

In the 80's it was... the 2000's success was all about the DE's. But I would love just one LB who can rack us up 100 tackles. It would make alll the difference in the world in the run game.

RoanokeFan
01-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Te'o will definitely fall after this girlfriend fiasco.

I don't like to make comments about situations like Te'o's but until it's clear he didn't have a hand in orchestrating this fiasco, I don't see the Giants wanting him.

RoanokeFan
01-18-2013, 12:05 PM
In the 80's it was... the 2000's success was all about the DE's. But I would love just one LB who can rack us up 100 tackles. It would make alll the difference in the world in the run game.

Maybe a season healthy Williams

myles2424
01-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Im sick of seeing young LB's every year stepping up while we have the same B.S....& every draft theres some draft genius that claims theres not LBs that were worth taking & defends these bums that we have.....Remember that P.O.S Goff had a fanbase somehow????? People were waiting on dillard, Somehow Danny Clark got a pass, Wilkison got a pass, Greg Jones was crowned all pro before he ever took a snap......Were VERY lucky that Williams actually seems to be a half way decent LB.....
Rivers is another teams throwaway.....Blackburn could be a OK backup

Drez
01-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Im sick of seeing young LB's every year stepping up while we have the same B.S....& every draft theres some draft genius that claims theres not LBs that were worth taking & defends these bums that we have.....Remember that P.O.S Goff had a fanbase somehow????? People were waiting on dillard, Somehow Danny Clark got a pass, Wilkison got a pass, Greg Jones was crowned all pro before he ever took a snap......Were VERY lucky that Williams actually seems to be a half way decent LB.....
And I'm sure there's teams that wish they had our DEs...

ALLnygIN
01-18-2013, 03:40 PM
williams is not the awsner.. all year you hear guys complaining about how we can't stop the run, why we can't have more exotic blitz packages, why are de's are trying to do more than just rush you just watch teams rip apart the middle of the field with short dump pases or running plays... it's because we don't have a single linebacker that can do his job anymore than barley efficient.. end of story.

myles2424
01-18-2013, 04:09 PM
And I'm sure there's teams that wish they had our DEs...

Not anymore they dont....Lets not live in the past...

JJC7301
01-18-2013, 04:33 PM
An upgrade would be great, but my the biggest concerns (rightfully so) are on the d-line and secondary. If we can get a LB who is clearly BPA in the early rounds, then great. If not, hopefully we can pull another Jesse Armstead out of our a**** in the late rounds.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Jerry needs to draft according to need,,not BPA this year, unless someone truly highly regarded drops,,,,crazy thought, huh?

JJC7301
01-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Jerry needs to draft according to need,,not BPA this year, unless someone truly highly regarded drops,,,,crazy thought, huh?
THAT'S when you put your team in trouble -- focusing on need instead of the talent. This FO does a very good job of finding that talent & need in the 1st round anyway (i.e. Nicks & Wilson).

JJC7301
01-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Haaaa!! "P.O.S. Goff had a fanbase." Too funny and yes he did. I never understood that either. I always had a bad feeling about Dillard.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-18-2013, 04:46 PM
THAT'S when you put your team in trouble -- focusing on need instead of the talent. This FO does a very good job of finding that talent & need in the 1st round anyway (i.e. Nicks & Wilson).

disagree completely, it works for many teams,,,,what facts do you have to back what you are saying because I would love to see them. this team has major holes that BPA might not fix. BPA is the reason for many of the holes. normally I have no problem with BPA, we just have too many holes this year.

sharick88
01-18-2013, 05:16 PM
The next impact linebacker we draft will be the first since probably Jessie Armstead. If someone can name an impact linebacker on this roster that we've had since then, let me know. Please don't say Antonio Pierce. Dude isn't in Armstead's league.

nygpolishpunk
01-18-2013, 05:29 PM
The next impact linebacker we draft will be the first since probably Jessie Armstead. If someone can name an impact linebacker on this roster that we've had since then, let me know. Please don't say Antonio Pierce. Dude isn't in Armstead's league.
I'll go even better, of all the LBs on the current roster, NONE have been drafted by the Giants before round 6. The unit's production proves that.

TCHOF
01-18-2013, 05:29 PM
and we didn't draft Pierce

primetime
01-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Time to address this position early in the draft or through free agency. The Giants have shown very little urgency in a position at one time was the staple for this franchise.

myles2424
01-18-2013, 05:36 PM
How about fix the Dline & upgrade our LBs for once....People act like they could care less, yes we all know CB's & passrushers are more valuable....But untill we play 8 men on D & take LBs out of our scheme, then how about we upgrade whats clearly the weakest part of our D...Im pretty sure real LBs wouldnt make our D any worse...

gumby74
01-18-2013, 05:51 PM
How about fix the Dline & upgrade our LBs for once....People act like they could care less, yes we all know CB's & passrushers are more valuable....But untill we play 8 men on D & take LBs out of our scheme, then how about we upgrade whats clearly the weakest part of our D...Im pretty sure real LBs wouldnt make our D any worse...

i don't think we'll have the $$$.

myles2424
01-18-2013, 05:53 PM
i don't think we'll have the $$$.
$$ for what?

JJC7301
01-18-2013, 06:08 PM
disagree completely, it works for many teams,,,,what facts do you have to back what you are saying because I would love to see them. this team has major holes that BPA might not fix. BPA is the reason for many of the holes. normally I have no problem with BPA, we just have too many holes this year.
I'm talking specifically about the 1st round because that's normally where you'll find the best player who can also make an immediate impact. The Giants FO has done a very good job, going back to '04, of drafting in the 1st round -- Wilson (jury's out but he showed stuff), Prince (nice 2nd year), JPP, Nicks, Phillips, Ross, Kiwi, Eli. Some of these guys were both need AND BPA, and some were just BPA (JPP and Prince). Each of these guys contributed nicely, and some better than others, to 1 or 2 SB's. And I 100% completely agree with BPA in the 1st round because you never know when your supposed depth is going to be depleted by injuries (i.e. our secondary year in and year out even though we use high picks every year on that unit). Get the value/talent out of that round, as well as the 2nd.

Before '04, our 1st round picks (for a long time) were busts or just not worthy of 1st round material -- William Joseph, Cedric Jones, Thomas Lewis, Petitgout, Wheatley, Allen, Dayne, Bunch, Derek Brown. There is no way that I'm going to complain about the players that we've been picking in the 1st RD over the past 8 or 9 years.

We get a really good LB that falls to us in the 1st round and is BPA, then great. But our FO has put a premium on D-line and secondary because their D philosophy is getting to the QB to sack/or at least make him hurry and make mistakes.

JR and the FO SAY, I believe, that they take BPA in the later rounds as well, but I don't believe that. I believe that's when they start reaching and filling "need" holes and that's when they start making bad picks.

Yes, get a MLB (draft or FA), but our LB starters may not be that bad next year. Kiwi needs to be a DE again -- he's not a LB. Williams should be a good LB for us, and Boley may have a better year next year. Get a new MLB, but I wouldn't go crazy on the LB corp. Hopefully we'll find a steal in the middle rounds of this year's draft.

G-Men Surg.
01-18-2013, 11:59 PM
All I can say is that solution at MLB isn't in the actual roster. Is Reese going after a FA MLB impact player ? I don't think so. Then it has to come via draft. Work your magic Mr. Reese but please don't bring any future MLB project like the ones we all have witness the last years.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-19-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm talking specifically about the 1st round because that's normally where you'll find the best player who can also make an immediate impact. The Giants FO has done a very good job, going back to '04, of drafting in the 1st round -- Wilson (jury's out but he showed stuff), Prince (nice 2nd year), JPP, Nicks, Phillips, Ross, Kiwi, Eli. Some of these guys were both need AND BPA, and some were just BPA (JPP and Prince). Each of these guys contributed nicely, and some better than others, to 1 or 2 SB's. And I 100% completely agree with BPA in the 1st round because you never know when your supposed depth is going to be depleted by injuries (i.e. our secondary year in and year out even though we use high picks every year on that unit). Get the value/talent out of that round, as well as the 2nd.

Before '04, our 1st round picks (for a long time) were busts or just not worthy of 1st round material -- William Joseph, Cedric Jones, Thomas Lewis, Petitgout, Wheatley, Allen, Dayne, Bunch, Derek Brown. There is no way that I'm going to complain about the players that we've been picking in the 1st RD over the past 8 or 9 years.

We get a really good LB that falls to us in the 1st round and is BPA, then great. But our FO has put a premium on D-line and secondary because their D philosophy is getting to the QB to sack/or at least make him hurry and make mistakes.

JR and the FO SAY, I believe, that they take BPA in the later rounds as well, but I don't believe that. I believe that's when they start reaching and filling "need" holes and that's when they start making bad picks.

Yes, get a MLB (draft or FA), but our LB starters may not be that bad next year. Kiwi needs to be a DE again -- he's not a LB. Williams should be a good LB for us, and Boley may have a better year next year. Get a new MLB, but I wouldn't go crazy on the LB corp. Hopefully we'll find a steal in the middle rounds of this year's draft.

what have you seen to think our LB's wont be that bad next season? they are atrocious. we need to take a legit prospect in the 1st like alec ogeltree if he makes it to us. I would say LB is a very big need on this team and has been for some time.

Carter.525
01-19-2013, 12:06 AM
what have you seen to think our LB's wont be that bad next season? they are atrocious. we need to take a legit prospect in the 1st like alec ogeltree if he makes it to us. I would say LB is a very big need on this team and has been for some time.

I hope Reese feels the same way.. the LB spot needs to be addressed, 1st or 2nd rounder & a FA..

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-19-2013, 12:08 AM
I hope Reese feels the same way.. the LB spot needs to be addressed, 1st or 2nd rounder & a FA..

me too,,and I hope it's not with some late round scrub.

BigBlueAllDay
01-19-2013, 12:09 AM
Blackburn has the heart, passion, and experience, but no longer has the speed to be a consistent reliable starter. He'd be a great in backup role coming in on certain plays here and there.

Carter.525
01-19-2013, 12:17 AM
me too,,and I hope it's not with some late round scrub.

like Greg Jones or Dillard..

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-19-2013, 12:23 AM
like Greg Jones or Dillard..

who was the kid from VA Tech,,,i have removed him from memory.

giantsfan420
01-19-2013, 12:27 AM
what have you seen to think our LB's wont be that bad next season? they are atrocious. we need to take a legit prospect in the 1st like alec ogeltree if he makes it to us. I would say LB is a very big need on this team and has been for some time.id be pissed if we took ogeltree. no way hes a mlb at the nfl level in that build. too skinny/lanky imo. hed be a good WS LB but we already have like 3 of them in williams, boley, and rivers...plus, from what ive seen of ogeltree, once an OL got his hands on him, Ogeltree was useless. Looks like he has issues getting off blocks. Theres just no way I could see Ogeltree starting for us at MLB day 1. thats just me and i admit im not great with college player analysis so if someone can prove me wrong Im not above admitting i was incorrect

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-19-2013, 12:31 AM
id be pissed if we took ogeltree. no way hes a mlb at the nfl level in that build. too skinny/lanky imo. hed be a good WS LB but we already have like 3 of them in williams, boley, and rivers...plus, from what ive seen of ogeltree, once an OL got his hands on him, Ogeltree was useless. Looks like he has issues getting off blocks. Theres just no way I could see Ogeltree starting for us at MLB day 1. thats just me and i admit im not great with college player analysis so if someone can prove me wrong Im not above admitting i was incorrect

he is 6'3 232 lbs with plenty of room to grow so I dont follow,,,he can tackle, cover and go sideline to sideline,,, ray lewis 6'1, 240 patrick willis 6'1 240.

gumby74
01-19-2013, 12:49 AM
$$ for what?

Resign JPP. The list of Free agents this year and next is ridiculous. On top of that, we'll probably need to draft dline and oline this year. No time/money for LBer.

giantsfan420
01-19-2013, 01:46 AM
he is 6'3 232 lbs with plenty of room to grow so I dont follow,,,he can tackle, cover and go sideline to sideline,,, ray lewis 6'1, 240 patrick willis 6'1 240.he didnt look it i guess. maybe he plays too high/upright? i dunno i just remember thinking he looked lanky and more slimmed like he was an OLB in a 3-4. He just doesnt strike me as an NFL MLB. I can see he has a ton of athleticism, so he should be able to cover and play sideline2sideline, but I dunno imo itd be a huge reach taking him at 19 especially to play MLB. i could be wrong its happened before itll happen again, that was just my honest take on the little i have seen

Giantslb66
01-19-2013, 09:02 AM
what have you seen to think our LB's wont be that bad next season? they are atrocious. we need to take a legit prospect in the 1st like alec ogeltree if he makes it to us. I would say LB is a very big need on this team and has been for some time. Just watch the last Redskins game. We had FOUR of them on the field at the same time that night and look what we got.

Drez
01-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Just watch the last Redskins game. We had FOUR of them on the field at the same time that night and look what we got.
I think you're thinking of the Ravens game.

Redeyejedi
01-19-2013, 08:11 PM
I really thought Jacquain Williams was going to emerge as a legitimate starter so cutting Boley would be very easy to do this offseason. 1 spot I thought had a long range answer is still up in the air

Giantslb66
01-20-2013, 11:01 AM
I think you're thinking of the Ravens game. My bad......Thanks

Redeyejedi
01-20-2013, 12:13 PM
who was the kid from VA Tech,,,i have removed him from memory.in this draft ,Bruce Taylor or do u mean Virginia Clint Sintim

TheAnalyst
01-20-2013, 05:25 PM
I think Boley gets cut. He was getting less and less playing time as the year went on. I also feel Herzlich gets cut.

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Can we just rename the MIKE LBer position to: "the only thing the Giants will ever need in the world?"

Or how about -- for efficiency sakes -- "The GOD position?"

TheEnigma
01-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Can we just rename the MIKE LBer position to: "the only thing the Giants will ever need in the world?"

Or how about -- for efficiency sakes -- "The GOD position?"

"With the 19th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Giants select Super Awesome Linebacker Guy!"

5 months later...

"OMG THIS GUY CAN'T COVER TE'S!!! BUST!"

B&RWarrior
01-21-2013, 12:15 AM
LBs in a 4-3 feed off the effectiveness of the Dline, inside LBs effectiveness is reliant on the effectiveness of the DTs, especially. D-line and specifically the DTs should be the priiority. It's the reason Ray Lewis begged Ravens management to draft Ngata. That being said we'll draft BPA.