PDA

View Full Version : Eli needs to play better at home

AllTuckedUp
12-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Geez he plays better in Dallas!!

ashleymarie
12-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Just Win Please. I am already SICK of hearing of Romo's "ow-wie". I agree with Peyton Manning as he says in one of his commercials, "rub some dirt on it, it'll be fine". But NO. We have to hear of Romo all week and with Romo comes JJ (puke). Guess I should say I am happy the Eagles won.

NWKEffectElement
12-24-2011, 11:17 PM
Just Win Please. I am already SICK of hearing of Romo's "ow-wie". I agree with Peyton Manning as he says in one of his commercials, "rub some dirt on it, it'll be fine". But NO. We have to hear of Romo all week and with Romo comes JJ (puke). Guess I should say I am happy the Eagles won.

What the hell has to do with the OP point?

JacksGiant76
12-24-2011, 11:18 PM
You know if Romo plays and they win, the media is going to be dry humping him through the playoffs and the offseason. Hopefully Eli will come out and show everyone he's the better player.

ashleymarie
12-24-2011, 11:22 PM
You know if Romo plays and they win, the media is going to be dry humping him through the playoffs and the offseason. Hopefully Eli will come out and show everyone he's the better player.

That's what I am hoping for - a big old GIANTS win. I can't stand Romo and his whining.

GameTime
12-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Eli has and the recieving crew aside form a few plays hasnt looked too good overall. They better get their **** together quickly...</P>

A good win but an ugly win today. </P>

AllTuckedUp
12-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Eli has and the recieving crew aside form a few plays hasnt looked too good overall. They better get their **** together quickly...</P>

Spot on.

GameTime
12-24-2011, 11:30 PM

Spot on.</P>

some of these calls too are mind boggling. I wont lay them entirely on KG either because Eli has the authority to change things up. I just dont get with 3rd and short or 3rd and managable they go with these long ****ing passes!!! Even when they are on their own 30 for goddness sake!! Get the ****ing first down and go from threr. Move the chains!! This season they have been doing that more than ever. And whats with throwing at Revis up by 13 when you want to kill the clock and deep in your own territory AFTER a turnover. STUPID!!!!</P>

nyknstill!
12-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Eli has a good WR core, at times drops balls, but the offensive coordinator is amongst the worst in the NFL.

ashleymarie
12-24-2011, 11:32 PM

I'm with you. I prefer the "pretty" wins, but will take whatever win I can get. haha At least we beat those nasty Jets.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-25-2011, 12:05 AM
You think maybe it would help if our receivers actually showed up &amp; gave him some help?

You know tried to win for positioning? Running the right routes? O-line pass protecting long enough to find a receiver?

This topic is ridiculous. Nicks has been awful the past few games &amp; losing Ballard really hurts.

Eli2Nicks612
12-25-2011, 12:10 AM
You think maybe it would help if our receivers actually showed up & gave him some help?

You know tried to win for positioning? Running the right routes? O-line pass protecting long enough to find a receiver?

This topic is ridiculous. Nicks has been awful the past few games & losing Ballard really hurts.

Well, Cruz did help a little on his touchdown, but I agree with you. It's either the line isn't giving Eli enough time to throw or the receivers aren't open. And when they are open they drop a lot of passes. This team is close to clicking and if they do we can go all the way.

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 12:14 AM
I think Eli is in a position where he can never be criticized, just because if he plays a bad game, someone else will be blamed, fairly or unfairly.

The faster you accept that the happier you will be.

Tenspro2002
12-25-2011, 12:15 AM
I think Eli is in a position where he can never be criticized

You clearly have not read this board much over the last 7 years.

nYg24
12-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Eli puts the ball in the receivers hands all day and they drop it. Either that or they run the wrong route. IMO Eli has played steady all year, his bad games aren't on him at all.

bigblue58
12-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Eli has carried the damn team the whole year with a career MVP season, so I I think he's earned a mulligan every now and then when he isn't at his best!
And not for nothing, but how many other QB's have had their game stats sabotaged as often and consistently by their receivers slippery fingers as Eli?

AllTuckedUp
12-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Eli has carried the damn team the whole year with a career MVP season, so I I think he's earned a mulligan every now and then when he isn't at his best!
And not for nothing, but how many other QB's have had their game stats sabotaged as often and consistently by their receivers slippery fingers as Eli?

If we wan't to go to the playoffs Eli can't afford to have these bad games.

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 12:31 AM

You clearly have not read this board much over the last 7 years.You clearly didn't read the rest of my post.

Harooni
12-25-2011, 12:33 AM
Thank god weatherford plays well at home. He has been solid.

TuckYou
12-25-2011, 12:36 AM
8 straight games with an interception. He needs to step up a bit. 9-27 today too... Soem wasnt his fault though, but enough of this 3rd and short, chuck the ball 30 yards crap.

jax5338
12-25-2011, 12:47 AM
nicks has been BAD lately. not off, but BAD. dropped a TD today and had another INT go off his hands. i dont know of another QB who has more picks go off his own receivers hands. its so freaking frustrating. idk who calls these plays on third and short and having one receiver run into traffic on first down with the lead, but the passing offense has been off lately for sure.

AllTuckedUp
12-25-2011, 12:51 AM
8 straight games with an interception. He needs to step up a bit. 9-27 today too... Soem wasnt his fault though, but enough of this 3rd and short, chuck the ball 30 yards crap.

Totally agree. "3rd and short, chuck the ball 30 yards crap"... that is HILARIOUS!

pjam84
12-25-2011, 12:56 AM
i agree with the posts saying its not so much eli on his off days, but the rest of the offense. and yes, his stats are sabotaged by his receivers more than any other starting qb in this league. i honestly think if you put eli in the saints or packers offense, he would play as good or better than rodgers and brees.

that said. i really like our receivers. these guys have a lot of potential, and are pretty damn good just as they are now. i believe they will get better and become one of the elite offenses in the league. like the pats, packers and saints. i think cruz and nicks are both good attitude guys with a good work ethic. that coupled with their talents is a recipe for success. they're almost there already, and eli deserves much of the credit.

RagingBlue
12-25-2011, 01:26 AM
We need wide receivers that can catch the ball and hold onto it. Eli can't catch it for them. I'm surprised he doesn't flip out.

NYG 5
12-25-2011, 02:23 AM
no, Eli didn't have a good game. Nicks dropped and was interferered with all game, but he was making a lot of bad reads. throwing a deep sideline pass when Cruz saw the short in route wide open, throwing the quickslant to nicks hwile there were 3 jets around him, not good.

killdrive was calling a bad game too (switching the RBs after every carry so they can't get a rythmn, WTF?), but Eli didn't play well this game. this was an old Eli game.

AllTuckedUp
12-25-2011, 12:45 PM
no, Eli didn't have a good game. Nicks dropped and was interferered with all game, but he was making a lot of bad reads. throwing a deep sideline pass when Cruz saw the short in route wide open, throwing the quickslant to nicks hwile there were 3 jets around him, not good.

killdrive was calling a bad game too (switching the RBs after every carry so they can't get a rythmn, WTF?), but Eli didn't play well this game. this was an old Eli game.

lol you give REVIS no credit.

Joe Morrison
12-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Revis is a good corner, the reason he's a great corner is he gets away with murder, never gets called on anything and he mauls recievers all day, maybe he earned it but they need to call at least the blantant holding and getting in early before the ball.</P>

All that said, did Eli really have a bad game, I think not.</P>

How many balls to the Giants drop yesterday, I know Nicks had at least 4 easy drops, Beckum had one and 3 times with the wheel route wide open for the taking Cruz cut his pattern off, add those 8 catches and Eli would have had huge #'s.</P>

Eli is playing a head above everyone else, if they all get on the same page they will be unstoppable.</P>

bigblue58
12-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Revis is a good corner, the reason he's a great corner is he gets away with murder, never gets called on anything and he mauls recievers all day, maybe he earned it but they need to call at least the blantant holding and getting in early before the ball.</P>

How many balls to the Giants drop yesterday, I know Nicks had at least 4 easy drops, Beckum had one and 3 times with the wheel route wide open for the taking Cruz cut his pattern off, add those 8 catches and Eli would have had huge #'s.</P>

Eli is playing a head above everyone else, if they all get on the same page they will be unstoppable.</P>

THANK YOU Finally a voice of reason (as you always are by the way) about Eli's day!
Only Eli could have his receivers drop 8 passes and have a deflected ball go for a pick and be accused of having "a bad game"!
People neglect to mention that the 9 passes he completed went for over 250 yards!

TheReal_LT
12-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Eli did not play great....granted...but let's not forget the shifting of the O-line and the abscence of Ballard and Manningham

rebelfan1966
12-25-2011, 01:19 PM
While Eli's stats were not great.... I have to take into account protection break downs, dropped passes, and pretty good coverage by two "descent" CBs. Of course, Eli seems to be playing with a different variation of an O-Line and WR core every week. None of this can be helpful when it comes to stats...

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Geez he plays better in Dallas!!

He does need to pay better at home.

TheReal_LT
12-25-2011, 01:22 PM

You clearly have not read this board much over the last 7 years.

+1

AllTuckedUp
12-25-2011, 01:56 PM

Stop being such a homer.

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 02:08 PM
While Eli's stats were not great.... I have to take into account protection break downs, dropped passes, and pretty good coverage by two "descent" CBs.* Of course, Eli seems to be playing with a different variation of an O-Line and WR core every week. None of this can be helpful when it comes to stats...

If you're counting Cromartie in this you better change it to one. Cromartie is back of the pack mediocre.

CantBlameShockeyNow
12-25-2011, 03:00 PM

THANK YOU Finally a voice of reason (as you always are by the way) about Eli's day!
Only Eli could have his receivers drop 8 passes and have a deflected ball go for a pick and be accused of having "a bad game"!
People neglect to mention that the 9 passes he completed went for over 250 yards!

Here we go with the excuses for INTs. Cruz ran a 10 yard pass 89 yards into the endzone...so do we put an asterisk next to the TD and his yardage!?

Receivers on other teams NEVER drop the ball, right? IF the Giants' receievrs are dropping the ball a lot more than other teams it is either because of a conspiracy or the delivery...

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 03:19 PM

Receivers on other teams NEVER drop the ball, right? IF the Giants' receievrs are dropping the ball a lot more than other teams it is either because of a conspiracy or the delivery...

Um, no...but no one is stopping you from believing that.

After all you know talent, right? Who should the Giants get rid of next to win their next Super Bowl? It's not like they can dump Shockey again although it would be great if they could...

CantBlameShockeyNow
12-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Speaking of talent...How many playoff games has Goober won outside of the 2007 season? Shockey? Right, he has no rings...

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Speaking of talent...How many playoff games has Goober won outside of the 2007 season? Shockey? Right, he has no rings...

Shockey - like Bill Wennington before him - has a ring too. In fact he has two, wasn't he officially on the NYG team that won the SB? He was also on the Saints team that one won.

HIs personal contributions to both were about the same.

Robert21156
12-25-2011, 09:00 PM
You think maybe it would help if our receivers actually showed up & gave him some help?

This topic is ridiculous. Nicks has been awful the past few games & losing Ballard really hurts.

Great points about our receivers. They sure don't "win" position when they are closely covered. Pass protection wasn't great either. Eli sure wasn't great yesterday either, but we were missing Manningham and Ballard, and as everyone knows the Jets have been very vulnerable to the tight end over the middle. Missing those 2 was a big reason we didn't throw the ball well. But everyone is right, if Eli doesn't have a good game against the Cowboys and we lose then he'll be hearing it the entire off-season.

bigblue58
12-26-2011, 12:03 PM

Stop being such a homer.

How is it being a "homer" to simply point out the facts behind why Eli only completed 9 0f 27 passes?
If you look at the stats in the box score it looks like Eli had a bad game....but if you actually watched the game, you know that the stats are totally misleading and that he did NOT have a bad game by any stretch!

GameTime
12-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Eli gets the credit for the good games and the when the recievers make great catches too. </P>

So he should blame for when the passing game goes south. HE along with the RECEIVERS need to pull their heads out of their collective asses and get back in the grove. </P>

Eli is starting to force the ball!!! I hate when he does that. Always winds up with nothing when that happens. The recievers need to WATCH the ball into their hands. They havent been doing that at all. Nicks....come dude...get back in the game!! Eli.....make the sure throws and please please get the first downs on 3rd and short and 3rd and manageable. These long ****ing passes with a few yards to go is such bull****. MOve the chains. Between he and KG they are blowing drives left and right.</P>

Now is not the time for the offense to get all out of synch. This team is so screwed up sometimes....I just dont get it...</P>

Oh yeah....can you please have one ****ing game without a pick.....please. Tipped or not the picks are getting ridiculous again.....STOP IT already!!!!!</P>

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Eli gets the credit for the good games and the when the recievers make great catches too. THIS

XxBigWhitxX
12-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Thank god weatherford plays well at home. He has been solid.Aside from Cruz, Jpp, and Eli, Weatherford has been the most pleasant surprise. Imagine if we had Matt "where's out of bounds?" Dodge still.

Sarcasman
12-27-2011, 01:03 AM
Eli gets the credit for the good games and the when the recievers make great catches too. </P>

So he should blame for when the passing game goes south. HE along with the RECEIVERS need to pull their heads out of their collective asses and get back in the grove. </P>

Eli is starting to force the ball!!! I hate when he does that. Always winds up with nothing when that happens. The recievers need to WATCH the ball into their hands. They havent been doing that at all. Nicks....come dude...get back in the game!! Eli.....make the sure throws and please please get the first downs on 3rd and short and 3rd and manageable. These long ****ing passes with a few yards to go is such bull****. MOve the chains. Between he and KG they are blowing drives left and right.</P>

Now is not the time for the offense to get all out of synch. This team is so screwed up sometimes....I just dont get it...</P>

Oh yeah....can you please have one ****ing game without a pick.....please. Tipped or not the picks are getting ridiculous again.....STOP IT already!!!!!</P>

I can live with the occasional pick, what I can't take is picks resulting from carelessness and forcing things and some of his recent picks have been this kind.

All great QBs throw picks, last season seemed to be an aberration, or at least I hope it was but he needs to be more careful with the ball than he's been over the past few weeks, particularly when he knows the defense affords no margin for error.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 01:10 AM
KG needs to create better gameplans at home

you try making lemonade out of urine and crap

Bashum_Blue
12-27-2011, 10:13 AM

You don't know much about the game of football. I've never seen so many dropped balls and balls and balls that hit the hands of the receivers and bounce off into the opposition's hands. Eli isn't what's wrong with this team. If you think he is then you aren't that bright.

Drez
12-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Speaking of talent...How many playoff games has Goober won outside of the 2007 season? Shockey? Right, he has no rings... You don't know much about the game of football. I've never seen so many dropped balls and balls and balls that hit the hands of the receivers and bounce off into the opposition's hands. Eli isn't what's wrong with this team. If you think he is then you aren't that bright.</P>

Don't blameMetro Cowboy. His mom dropped him on his head as a child.</P>