PDA

View Full Version : Still a little bitter as a result of missing the playoffs

sheepdip
01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
I still cant believe we couldnt win 1 game, Although when we beat the saints I had my doubts based on the remaining games and how we were playing.

Watching all the other teams in the playoffs play, I have to be honest not to impressed.

Cool Papa B.
01-16-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm upset too.

I look at this weekends NFCCG and I really think we would have seen another classic between the 49ers and Giants.

I was talking to a fellow Giants fan and we were discussing if the Giants would have beaten this 49er team. I think so.

BlueReign
01-16-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm upset too.

I look at this weekends NFCCG and I really think we would have seen another classic between the 49ers and Giants.

I was talking to a fellow Giants fan and we were discussing if the Giants would have beaten this 49er team. I think so.
They would've had to have gotten through the Falcons though. They shredded the vaunted SEA D, and they already showed what they could do to our D. But any given Sunday I suppose. Sucks to be on the outside looking in.

Rudyy
01-16-2013, 02:47 PM
I hope they finally realize it takes 60 minutes EVERY GAME.
Not when we're 7-7 and scratching for a playoff spot.

Cool Papa B.
01-16-2013, 03:01 PM
They would've had to have gotten through the Falcons though. They shredded the vaunted SEA D, and they already showed what they could do to our D. But any given Sunday I suppose. Sucks to be on the outside looking in.

Giants usually play better when they see a team the second time around. I think they would have beaten Atlanta last week. The only team that scared me in this years playoffs is Seattle.

Giantslb66
01-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Why? Because the Giants are the only team not to go back to their respective championship game from a year ago? But........"We won it all last year!"

BuffyBlueII
01-16-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm upset too.

We wouldn’t have gotten past Falcons although it would have been nice to just make the playoffs.

shocknaweny
01-16-2013, 04:45 PM
the refs with that blown PI call on Barden in the first Philly game cost us the NFCE Crown this season.

Roosevelt
01-16-2013, 04:54 PM
I still cant believe we couldnt win 1 game, Although when we beat the saints I had my doubts based on the remaining games and how we were playing.

Watching all the other teams in the playoffs play, I have to be honest not to impressed.

Their are no dominant teams in the NFL. All you need to do is make it to the dance and you have as good a chance as anyone else.

nhpgiantsfan
01-16-2013, 05:02 PM
the refs with that blown PI call on Barden in the first Philly game cost us the NFCE Crown this season.

How was that a bad call. Barden mauled the guy. He had to or it would have been an interception. It was a terrible decision by Eli to make that throw.

Barden did what he had to do and the refs made the right call. We cost ourselves that game.

thomasjmarino
01-16-2013, 05:51 PM

That may be true, but our HC should have put Tynes on the field to kick the winning field goal. There was no excuse for trying to get closer. Made no sense. No timeouts, 24 seconds left, you kick the field goal. Now if there was 1 timeout left then I may understand trying to get closer. But I still would have kicked the field goal. Did TC honestly think that Vick would have driven the Eagles down the field with 24 seconds left? Or did he have no confidence in the guy who kicked his team to 2 Super Bowls?

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
01-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Could be worse..could be lookin' like the Packers wondering if you'll even make it back to the playoffs next season. We know what we need to improve on..we need a few key players that we could possibly pick up in the draft.

Die-Hard
01-16-2013, 06:58 PM
How was that a bad call. Barden mauled the guy. He had to or it would have been an interception. It was a terrible decision by Eli to make that throw.

Barden did what he had to do and the refs made the right call. We cost ourselves that game.

Yep. Barden became a defender at that point, because the ball was badly underthrown, and would have definitely been picked, ending the game right there with no FG attempt. He did the right thing

RoanokeFan
01-16-2013, 07:00 PM

How was that a blown call?

foxie
01-16-2013, 07:52 PM
No, we got what we deserved for not showing up when the occasion dictated it, Giant teams in the past pretty much did, this years version did not, the NFC was there for the taking, a playoff spot was there for the taking, it wasn't just a bad call or a missed FG, we came out flat, fell behind early, and were blown out. Oh Boy, we ended up winning a relatively, by THEN, meaningless game against the Dreadful, already clocked out Eagles. We go 9-7, respectful on the surface, no heart when it mattered.....we got what we deserved. Come on April Draft, Giant hope & new season re-birth springs eternal !!!

Giantslb66
01-16-2013, 09:57 PM
No, we got what we deserved for not showing up when the occasion dictated it, Giant teams in the past pretty much did, this years version did not, the NFC was there for the taking, a playoff spot was there for the taking, it wasn't just a bad call or a missed FG, we came out flat, fell behind early, and were blown out. Oh Boy, we ended up winning a relatively, by THEN, meaningless game against the Dreadful, already clocked out Eagles. We go 9-7, respectful on the surface, no heart when it mattered.....we got what we deserved. Come on April Draft, Giant hope & new season re-birth springs eternal !!! Sad but true........

joemorrisforprez
01-16-2013, 10:01 PM

I think we lost some winnable games because our coordinators relied on veterans that were too banged up, or too disinterested, to give 100%.