PDA

View Full Version : Prince Amukamara - All Targets/PDef (2012 Season)

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-16-2013, 09:16 PM
we have ourselves a big time player in the making.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UgbxfI4l2w

primetime
01-16-2013, 09:34 PM
There is a lot to look forward in Prince. He's not afraid to stick his nose in and make a tackle. He has good lateral movement and uses his hands well off the snap of the ball. He will only get better and is showing why Jerry Reese took him in the 1st round.

giantsfan420
01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
its almost better watching every snap bc often, when prince isnt thrown at, his coverage is even tighter.

but wow. i said day 1 i projected him into a revis like corner. just something in the way both play the wr. prince needs to improve on how he plays the ball, but he is amazing at mirroring wrs and my goodness his closing speed.

his best game imo was vs SF. he was dominant, and the one play he did give up to Moss, rewatch that play and look at princes closing speed...its almost not human. rolle was way out of position, and prince played moss perfectly, moss just played the ball better.

but prince is so fluid in and out of his breaks, he is very good with press coverage and seems to have really improved in off coverage.

2 biggest traits u need imo as a corner; closing speed and mirror ability (mimicing the wrs movements step for step)

prince is already top of the line in those 2 aspects. he really could be a revis type corner...this was his 2nd yr and really wit all the time hes missed, more like the 2nd half of his rookie yr. guys a beast

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-16-2013, 09:54 PM
its almost better watching every snap bc often, when prince isnt thrown at, his coverage is even tighter.

but wow. i said day 1 i projected him into a revis like corner. just something in the way both play the wr. prince needs to improve on how he plays the ball, but he is amazing at mirroring wrs and my goodness his closing speed.

his best game imo was vs SF. he was dominant, and the one play he did give up to Moss, rewatch that play and look at princes closing speed...its almost not human. rolle was way out of position, and prince played moss perfectly, moss just played the ball better.

but prince is so fluid in and out of his breaks, he is very good with press coverage and seems to have really improved in off coverage.

2 biggest traits u need imo as a corner; closing speed and mirror ability (mimicing the wrs movements step for step)

prince is already top of the line in those 2 aspects. he really could be a revis type corner...this was his 2nd yr and really wit all the time hes missed, more like the 2nd half of his rookie yr. guys a beast

and a great kid to boot! now we just have to find him a battery mate not named corey webster.

slipknottin
01-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Notice on the first throw in that video the HORRIBLE angle Rolle takes?

Lets see how often that shows up

egyptian420
01-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Thanks a lot for that video....this kid is friggin awesome, he is starting to live up to his draft hype

slipknottin
01-16-2013, 10:28 PM
See Rolle again against Moss, on another deep throw against the redskins. Oh this is fun.

slipknottin
01-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Its funny how many of those completions are just underneath throws against C3. Really hard for Prince to prevent those.

giantsfan420
01-16-2013, 10:33 PM

Lets see how often that shows upanytime prince was completed on deep, and mostly intermediate too, rolle was blowing coverage. a lot of those slants on prince, rolle is supposed to be underneathe the slant. we were supposed to bait that throw lol that was actually a schematic win for us, rolle just doesnt know how to avoid no mans land...

giantsfan420
01-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Its funny how many of those completions are just underneath throws against C3. Really hard for Prince to prevent those.yup i noticed the same thing. and i think part of it is prince is letting that be known by tape that he will concede the shorter stuff. i think it has a lot to do with the mind games between corners and wrs. i think thats one thing the avg fan has zero clue on, just how much of the wr/corner matchup is a game of chess going on for years.
revis often discusses it when trying to explain his success. he said its how hes able to bait wrs/qbs by things hes done in the past, coverages hes given easily, etc etc...i think thats part of what prince is doing there to possibly set up traps. those slants on prince vs washington, several were actual wins in rewatching the tape. its just rolle is completely out of position.

Jahh
01-17-2013, 09:40 AM
A bunch of times he looked to have great coverage and the WRs just did good holding onto the ball.

MustWarnOthers
01-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Man, that play on the ball at :27 seconds in is just great fundamental coverage.

GameTime
01-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Prince I think will turn out to be very solid. Also like some of the solo tackles he has made in the run game as well...

TrickAssP
01-17-2013, 10:55 AM
I watched the vid and the most impressive thing in his game to me is his tackling. He looks as close to a sure thing in regards to bringing his man down as anyone on our team. I am completely confident in his abilities going forward.

JayMas9
01-17-2013, 10:56 AM

Lets see how often that shows upI know that it happens way too much to let Kenny Phillips walk, considering he's our only safety who plays coverage well.

njg85m
01-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Great video.
Thank you for sharing.

NYGisBallin
01-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Man, that play on the ball at :27 seconds in is just great fundamental coverage.

Just saw that and stopped the tape to post what you did... Great play.

G14ntzF4π
01-17-2013, 04:03 PM
I think he gets injured to often and is a 1st round bust

egyptian420
01-17-2013, 04:16 PM
I think he gets injured to often and is a 1st round bustHe definitely hasn't been a stranger to injuries so far, but I certainly wouldn't call him a bust.

One of his injuries was breaking his foot in camp, that could happen to anyone.

Smith&Nicks
01-17-2013, 04:29 PM
OH!!! I tohught he was a pansy/ princess / cry baby / not tough enough at the beginning of the season? now you guys are lining up to kiss his legos! Hypocrites

Fan 101 - just go along with what the masses say, don't think for yourself its too hard.

barran21
01-17-2013, 04:44 PM
OH!!! I tohught he was a pansy/ princess / cry baby / not tough enough at the beginning of the season? now you guys are lining up to kiss his legos! Hypocites

Fan 101 - just go along with what the masses say, don't think for yourself its too hard.

Prince needs to haze JPP this year because he sucked last year...

RagTime Blue
01-18-2013, 02:57 AM
OH!!! I tohught he was a pansy/ princess / cry baby / not tough enough at the beginning of the season? now you guys are lining up to kiss his legos! Hypocrites

If he sucks again, I'll be ready to post about it.

But he's been playing very well, and I hope he continues to improve.

Toadofsteel
01-18-2013, 03:07 AM
Prince needs to haze JPP this year because he sucked last year...

Nah, JPP was fine... he led tackles vs the run by a DE in 2012, which considering the number of scrambly QBs and running games we faced this year and every offense's propensity to run on Osi, is quite impressive.

On the other hand, Prince needs to haze Tuck... and take that C of his uniform in the process.

TuckandRolle
01-18-2013, 11:57 AM
I. Love. Prince.

bearbryant
01-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Yeh, yeh Prince could haze a lot of the Giants that deserve it but item 1: Prince showed what he was drafted for: defend against the pass and run and he does it very well. On the other hand watching that tape confirmed my thoughts about Mr. Rolle. God, who wanted him to defend against the pass? You can't make up for poor coverage with conversation with the media! Prince will only get better, nice pick!

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Yeh, yeh Prince could haze a lot of the Giants that deserve it but item 1: Prince showed what he was drafted for: defend against the pass and run and he does it very well. On the other hand watching that tape confirmed my thoughts about Mr. Rolle. God, who wanted him to defend against the pass? You can't make up for poor coverage with conversation with the media! Prince will only get better, nice pick!

in rolles's defense he plays out of position, although i feel what you are saying.

BROADWAYSTORM
01-18-2013, 05:01 PM
It doesn't matter if you post video the truth is most of these Giants fans don't know a damn thing about football and most of them will ***** about Prince or whoever the whipping boy that happens to be chosen is, whether he plays well or not.

slipknottin
01-18-2013, 05:26 PM
in rolles's defense he plays out of position, although i feel what you are saying.

What? Rolle is awful playing deep. Either in c1, C3, or C2. So where is Rolle 'supposed' to be played?

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 07:34 AM
brilliant tape for Prince.. I wish they'd play more press man with him, it seems hes unstoppable when hes not giving a big cushion to start...