PDA

View Full Version : Giants interview Trent Steelman QB/WR Army at Shrine Game practice....

nycsportzfan
01-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Finally, our first interview that has been made public, and its with Trent Steelman, the Runnning QB from Army whos making a transiton to WR, and with success of Julian Edelman, i think it'll help Steelman get his chance.. Who knows if he'll be drafted, but probably picked up as UDF if hes not...

I got my info from Waltfootballs Live coverege at Shrine game practices...

nycsportzfan
01-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Does anyone know a round about what Steelman runs a 40dash in? I know hes listed at 6ft 1in 207lbs, which is a solid sized WR.. Hes obviously shifty and knows how to operate within a crowd and run with ball in his hands, all things that will help at WR.. What kinda player would he be in the pros? A Julian Edelman type? Is he worth a late Draft pick? Can he play as a rookie or does he have to honor his army commitment to some degree?

rainierjef
01-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know a round about what Steelman runs a 40dash in? I know hes listed at 6ft 1in 207lbs, which is a solid sized WR.. Hes obviously shifty and knows how to operate within a crowd and run with ball in his hands, all things that will help at WR.. What kinda player would he be in the pros? A Julian Edelman type? Is he worth a late Draft pick? Can he play as a rookie or does he have to honor his army commitment to some degree?

DoD will void his contract if he is selected to a team and offered a nfl contract.

nycsportzfan
01-18-2013, 08:45 AM
DoD will void his contract if he is selected to a team and offered a nfl contract. Really? No kidding.. So good for him if he gets a shot..

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 07:20 PM
DoD will void his contract if he is selected to a team and offered a nfl contract. Not true.. Mayock talked to steelman, and its a case to case basis, and they will probably let em use some leave time to go to a training camp and see whats what, though...

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Mayock said that Steelman might even be a good Saftey in pros.. He actually loves em, and said hes making someones roster.. Its funny becuas i've mentioned Steelman during the yr as well in Draft thread, as a guy i wonderd if he could become a Julian Edelman type player as a pro.. Hes got the size, and can obviously has toughness like Edelman and enough speed, and can make defenders miss...etc