PDA

View Full Version : DL faltering

TherealLTwears56
01-17-2013, 07:15 AM
I don't know if the DL had a setback or teams just ran a lot more three step drops on them. Not giving them time to get there. I believe the CBs didn't play enough press.

Buddy333
01-17-2013, 07:24 AM
They need another pass rusher opposite JPP. Joseph is a good player. How healthy was Canty? Not trying to make excuses, but he missed a good part if the season early on. Was he really ever 100%? They do need some depth at DT anyway. Would like to see Austin come on but hey can't rely on him.

TherealLTwears56
01-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Health was definitely the biggest issue here but teams did scheme against them much differently than past years

Buddy333
01-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Guys weren't beating their one on one match ups. They just got beat down and played soft. They need to play better and get some better players.

Jahh
01-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Our pass rushers are not what you call relentless.

Carter.525
01-17-2013, 07:57 AM
FREE Ojomo..!!

Ruttiger711
01-17-2013, 09:01 AM
I don't know if the DL had a setback or teams just ran a lot more three step drops on them. Not giving them time to get there. I believe the CBs didn't play enough press.

The 3 step drop/quick attack used to be what teams needed to do against our line, but it was hardly necessary this year.

TCHOF
01-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Osi is shot and just refused to contain against the run. Tuck's body just can't stand up to the rigors of being an every down player anymore.

We need to bring in a solid depth type FA DE, move Kiwi back to DE and draft a young stud. If we can reduce Tuck's snaps by having other capable guys in the rotation, then we can increase his effectiveness. If we don't rejuvinate our pass rush, you can expect to see the same terrible defense next year.

big blue dog
01-17-2013, 11:39 AM
we need to cover a little better to it all goes together if its out in 3seconds not much we can do

NYGisBallin
01-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Osi is shot and just refused to contain against the run. Tuck's body just can't stand up to the rigors of being an every down player anymore.

We need to bring in a solid depth type FA DE, move Kiwi back to DE and draft a young stud. If we can reduce Tuck's snaps by having other capable guys in the rotation, then we can increase his effectiveness. If we don't rejuvinate our pass rush, you can expect to see the same terrible defense next year.

I always felt like the more the merrier. The better pass rush we get, the more effective our ENTIRE defense will be. We need to add more players to our D-Line rotation. Thats our bread and butter.

jomo
01-17-2013, 03:44 PM
I always felt like the more the merrier. The better pass rush we get, the more effective our ENTIRE defense will be. We need to add more players to our D-Line rotation. Thats our bread and butter.I expected the DL to be an area of strength and it turned out to be an area of weakness. The good news is that we have alot of money sunk in these players. With restructuring and a release or two, we should be able to get more production for less money there.

myles2424
01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Were paying Kelly Blue Book maxium retail for a Lemon.....Thats the problem, when you have young guys that are bums or cheap vets that arent producing thats one problem, but we have 3 guys making good $$$ & imo they didnt bring anything to the table that couldnt be had from a rookie or FA for much cheaper...

jomo
01-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Were paying Kelly Blue Book maxium retail for a Lemon.....Thats the problem, when you have young guys that are bums or cheap vets that arent producing thats one problem, but we have 3 guys making good $$$ & imo they didnt bring anything to the table that couldnt be had from a rookie or FA for much cheaper...Truth, but I view that as an opportunity for next year. JR just needs to fix it and I expect he will. We can do MUCH better for our money.

JJC7301
01-18-2013, 03:17 PM
I always felt like the more the merrier. The better pass rush we get, the more effective our ENTIRE defense will be. We need to add more players to our D-Line rotation. Thats our bread and butter.
+1. Get more, and better, talent up and down that crappy d-line. Osi should go, getting sick of Tuck but I'll use him as back-up, move Kiwi up, give Ojomo a real shot (if he proves himself again in camp), replace Canty (I think he's overrated when he can actually get on the field). Draft picks and 1 FA -- improve this line. It was disgusting to watch them this year.