PDA

View Full Version : At least Philly is eliminated

Tenspro2002
12-24-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't think I would have been able to live it down amongst friends who are Eagles fans if they had overcome us and won the division. I have a feeling a lot of you are in the same boat.

That's something to be thankful for this holiday season.

stormblue
12-24-2011, 11:28 PM
although i must admit they make a pretty good
cheesesteak sandwich.

BluTri10
12-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Very happy as well. Growing up in the Lehigh Valley, PA is torturous when it comes to football. Very happy with today's results...

ashleymarie
12-24-2011, 11:38 PM
I don't think I would have been able to live it down amongst friends who are Eagles fans if they had overcome us and won the division. I have a feeling a lot of you are in the same boat.

Amen.

ebick
12-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Not only that, but between the three teams, they are actually the hottest righ now. A little like Green Bay last year .

Tenspro2002
12-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Not only that, but between the three teams, they are actually the hottest righ now. A little like Green Bay last year .

Yup. Who thinks Washington would stand a prayer at beating them next week? (Which is what we would have needed to happen if we lost today.)

sc_markt
12-25-2011, 12:53 AM

Out here in Southern CA, I only have to deal with 2 Eagles fans at most. And yes, I would not liked it if they had won the division. I did like it that we knocked them out of the playoffs... What a bummer! LOL

NYG 5
12-25-2011, 02:16 AM
would have preferred the team to have personally ended their team a couple weeks ago

elifan10
12-25-2011, 02:17 AM
They are going to contact Spagnuolo as soon as he gets fired

Dabluguy
12-25-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm sad about that in a way. Them choking in the post season is always fun to watch then we get to rub in the Iggles fans faces. Not this year

Gianthunter
12-25-2011, 12:18 PM
At 4:00 yesterday I became an iggles fan for three hours.

TuckYou
12-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Eagles would of been a very tough out for anyone in the playoffs right now. They are on fire. Good to see we knocked em out with our victory over the Jets, and next week can knock out the Cowboys.

Overdrive92
12-25-2011, 05:25 PM

Why? That game was meaningless.

Denaliman316
12-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah something we should've done weeks ago but now it's done.

Good Riddance!

ashleymarie
12-25-2011, 05:35 PM

Not for the GIANTS it was not meaningless. A Cowboys win would have put Dallas on top of the East again. Plus Dallas would have had another win in the division column.

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 05:39 PM

Not for the GIANTS it was not meaningless. A Cowboys win would have put Dallas on top of the East again. Plus Dallas would have had another win in the division column.It most certainly was meaningless. Winner next week takes the division. I was an Eagle fan too but that is because I don't want them picking in the top 15. They already have so many picks, they could easily make a move up to get a Blackmon, a Kalil, maybe even Luck (if they want to move on from Vick). They essentially have 2 drafts.

jjj45
12-25-2011, 05:47 PM

Not for the GIANTS it was not meaningless. A Cowboys win would have put Dallas on top of the East again. Plus Dallas would have had another win in the division column.It most certainly was meaningless. Winner next week takes the division. I was an Eagle fan too but that is because I don't want them picking in the top 15. They already have so many picks, they could easily make a move up to get a Blackmon, a Kalil, maybe even Luck (if they want to move on from Vick). They essentially have 2 drafts.I would never root for those slobs. All though it is nice to be back on top on the NFC East baby!!!

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 05:50 PM

Not for the GIANTS it was not meaningless. A Cowboys win would have put Dallas on top of the East again. Plus Dallas would have had another win in the division column.It most certainly was meaningless. Winner next week takes the division. I was an Eagle fan too but that is because I don't want them picking in the top 15. They already have so many picks, they could easily make a move up to get a Blackmon, a Kalil, maybe even Luck (if they want to move on from Vick). They essentially have 2 drafts.I would never root for those slobs. All though it is nice to be back on top on the NFC East baby!!!
Eh not yet. But hopefully.

giantsfan420
12-25-2011, 05:53 PM
the eagles have one xtra 1rst right? or is it a 2nd?

how do they have "another draft"...

they traded there backup qb to AZ, who now is close to .500 and will be picking from the 10-15 range...i forget did they add more picks?

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 06:16 PM

They had no chance to win the division. THey lost that opportunity weeks ago, The best they could hope for recently was other teams losing it.

Not the same thing.

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 06:16 PM

They usually are when the stakes are low.

ashleymarie
12-25-2011, 06:19 PM
As a Giants fan I did not want Dallas on top of the East for a week. It was a meaningful game! And I ENJOYED the game immensely, except when they cut to the Dallas game from Metlife. I didn't like that part. Statistically, I can see some may think the game was meaningless, but emotionally and physically it meant something to me, and a lot of Giants/fans I suspect.

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Eagles would of been a very tough out for anyone in the playoffs right now. They are on fire. Good to see we knocked em out with our victory over the Jets, and next week can knock out the Cowboys.

I don't agree.

The Eagles are playing well but so what? They generally play well for 5 or 6 games a year. The idea that they are now somehow coming together and would not be the inconsistent, under-achieving leaderless mediocre team they've been all year in the playoffs is completely unsupportable.

I could see a philly fan selling that bull****, but it's nonsense. The Eagles ain't going anywhere until they fix their primary problems and get a real QB.

jjj45
12-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Eh not yet. But hopefully.Temporarily. We're on top the East. Lets make it official Sunday Night!

jjj45
12-25-2011, 07:16 PM

they traded there backup qb to AZ, who now is close to .500 and will be picking from the 10-15 range...i forget did they add more picks?Cardinals Front office = epic morons.

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 10:20 PM

they traded there backup qb to AZ, who now is close to .500 and will be picking from the 10-15 range...i forget did they add more picks?1 first-round pick, 2 second-round picks, 1 third-round pick, 2 fourth-round picks, 2 fifth-round picks and 3 sixth-round picks.

giantsfan420
12-25-2011, 10:27 PM

they traded there backup qb to AZ, who now is close to .500 and will be picking from the 10-15 range...i forget did they add more picks?1 first-round pick, 2 second-round picks, 1 third-round pick, 2 fourth-round picks, 2 fifth-round picks and 3 sixth-round picks.

dang that is a lot of picks. although i am a little relieved cuz i thought they had 2 first round picks. also, philly is notoriously bad with there draft picks...some of there recent first round picks have been extremely questionable, like extreme.

still tho, they do have a lot. i wonder how many came from trades and how many are supplemental/comp picks?

giants should also have a couple 2nd and 3rd picks for losing smith, coefield, and boss so we'll have a lot of picks too

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 10:33 PM

dang that is a lot of picks. although i am a little relieved cuz i thought they had 2 first round picks. also, philly is notoriously bad with there draft picks...some of there recent first round picks have been extremely questionable, like extreme.

still tho, they do have a lot. i wonder how many came from trades and how many are supplemental/comp picks?

giants should also have a couple 2nd and 3rd picks for losing smith, coefield, and boss so we'll have a lot of picks tooNone are compensatory picks, they wot get any because they've signed so many players. These are all acquired picks.

As for the Giants, I hope they get the highest compensatory pick, in the third, and don't blow it like their last one. We have been terrible in the third round under Reese, with the exception of Manningham.

Alford, Barden, Beckum, Jones, and Jernigan doesn't look to great although I'm not writing him off yet.

miked1958
12-25-2011, 11:23 PM
although i must admit they make a pretty good
cheesesteak sandwich.
Plus one

miked1958
12-25-2011, 11:29 PM

Glad we were the ones to end the dream for the dream team

giantsfan420
12-25-2011, 11:35 PM

giants should also have a couple 2nd and 3rd picks for losing smith, coefield, and boss so we'll have a lot of picks tooNone are compensatory picks, they wot get any because they've signed so many players. These are all acquired picks.

As for the Giants, I hope they get the highest compensatory pick, in the third, and don't blow it like their last one. We have been terrible in the third round under Reese, with the exception of Manningham.

Alford, Barden, Beckum, Jones, and Jernigan doesn't look to great although I'm not writing him off yet.

would we get a compensatory picks for each player we lost in FA that was starting for us? Boss, Smith and Coefield were important to us, but I dont know how the comp pick works really, do we get a comp pick for the round we drafted the player or like how is it decided?

we would get 3 comp picks tho wouldnt we?

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 11:43 PM

would we get a compensatory picks for each player we lost in FA that was starting for us? Boss, Smith and Coefield were important to us, but I dont know how the comp pick works really, do we get a comp pick for the round we drafted the player or like how is it decided?

we would get 3 comp picks tho wouldnt we?Well no because we also signed Baas. So that negates a FA loss. The round we get the pick in varies by skill and contract I believe. I find it to be an erratic system.