PDA

View Full Version : Giants Way vs Patriots

Red Dog
01-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Every year we see the Patriots in the playoffs and more so than other teams repeating SB appearances. Football is a coaches game and some are better than others obviously, but what I notice is every year the Patriots cut players the rest of the league is surprised at and everyone says they can't repeat because of the D, or lackof talent at certain positions, or this or thaat player is down etc. What BB does is cut players, overpriced players, and star players before their production curve starts down the backside. Players are traded and replaced and some just not resigned. I beginning to believe that creates and maintains the hunger for SB appearances with the remaining players when mixed in with those newly signed. In other words each year the Patriots start our relatively new with a mix of veterans and newbies to their system and maintain the hunger to be the best and if they don't , they go.
The Giants on the other hand keep disgruntled players too long, overpay some players on the downside of the production cycle. The salary cap might not be an issue trading or releasing a few stars past their prime performing. Yeah loyatly is great, but as Buckwheat always said, "IT'S BIDNESS." JR and TC, clean out some fading stardust trade, cut, release, and overpriced under performers, Be a Belichek
Also I know wecould all name a few we'd like to see gone, but how many would trade a Tuck, or an Osi, release a Boley, and the too oft injured, and the Giants certainly have their share of them? BTW, I put all this in my resume's note section when I applied for the Giants' GM position at season end. Redog over and out

Rudyy
01-17-2013, 05:25 PM
I agree. We hold on to players on the decline for way too long.

Flip Empty
01-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Yep, they keep reinventing themselves - the Giants don't.

Rusty192
01-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Yet we still beat the Patriots twice in the Superbowl. I wouldn't trade the way we do things. To be the best, you have to beat the best.

gumby74
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM
I think the best organisations in the league all believe in the same philosophy. The patriots are just more efficient and ruthless at it than everyone else. The Steelers up until recently, were a close second.

wuzpapn
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM
BB is a great coach and they know how to run things. He's a mastermind of the game. I also wouldn't trade up the way we do things just to mimic an organization that's had less overall sucess than us (3 lombardis compared to 4).

It will also be very soon to where the Patriots go back to the NFL Blitz days. What I mean by that is they'll be the NYJ of the AFC East very soon. Once Brady is gone and a couple key players, they won't be the same Patriots team that's dominated the decade.

Buddy333
01-17-2013, 05:34 PM
They also play in a division that almost guarantees them 6 wins a season. After 2007 they had not one a playoff game until last year and then they lost the Super Bowl again. It's nice to be consistently in the playoffs, but the Giants have had a better 5 year span.

CDN_G-FAN
01-17-2013, 05:42 PM
not taking anything away from BB, but let's please give a little credit to having the greatest QB who has every played the game, or at least a QB that will be considered in that conversation.

So yes, BB and the whole organization has done a great job, but it helps just a little bit to have a guy like brady.

jax5338
01-17-2013, 05:50 PM
They also play in a division that almost guarantees them 6 wins a season. After 2007 they had not one a playoff game until last year and then they lost the Super Bowl again. It's nice to be consistently in the playoffs, but the Giants have had a better 5 year span.

this is true. they are alsways a solid team but i don't know if they are ever as good as their record indicates because that division is just awful and they get some cupcake schedules it seems. last year they didnt beat a team with a winning record until the AFC championship game which is ridiculous.

slipknottin
01-17-2013, 06:56 PM
How quickly people forget about spygate.

Its been nearly a decade since they won a SB. (2004)

thomasjmarino
01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Bill Belichick = Greatest Coach Ever!

Flip Empty
01-17-2013, 07:06 PM
How quickly people forget about spygate.

Its been nearly a decade since they won a SB. (2004)
Yet only a year since they last had a chance at winning one

slipknottin
01-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Yet only a year since they last had a chance at winning one

Doesnt every team have a chance of winning one every year?

If you are meaning to say that the great patriots way got them to a SB, then doesnt the giants way have to clearly be better if it has beaten them twice in the SB?

The giants have won two SBs in the past 5 years. the patriots have won 0 in the past 9.

That should tell you all you need to know right there.

Toadofsteel
01-17-2013, 08:23 PM
BB is a great coach and they know how to run things. He's a mastermind of the game. I also wouldn't trade up the way we do things just to mimic an organization that's had less overall sucess than us (3 lombardis compared to 4).

It will also be very soon to where the Patriots go back to the NFL Blitz days. What I mean by that is they'll be the NYJ of the AFC East very soon. Once Brady is gone and a couple key players, they won't be the same Patriots team that's dominated the decade.

I doubt it... as long as Belicheck is there, they're in contention, because that's how good he is. Kinda reminds me of his mentor, Parcells. I'm just going to say it flat out, Brady is overrated. Still good, but not the LEGEND that people make him out to be. Look how they went 11-5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel under center. If they had made the playoffs (by the way, missing the playoffs at 11-5 is the most BS thing ever), and made a big splash, more people would understand just how lucky Brady is. If the Giants are "lucky" for their two super bowls in the past 5 years, then Brady should be considered a walking good-luck charm...

joemorrisforprez
01-17-2013, 08:49 PM
I think Belichick is a tremendous coach, and the Patriots are a great franchise.

But remember, last year the Giants beat them to win the Super Bowl.

The Giants need to make some tweaks....but our team hasn't been slacking off.

This year was a disappointment, but that's not uncommon among Super Bowl winners....it's very tough to repeat.

GIANTSACK
01-17-2013, 10:26 PM
I think Belichick is a tremendous coach, and the Patriots are a great franchise.

But remember, last year the Giants beat them to win the Super Bowl.

The Giants need to make some tweaks....but our team hasn't been slacking off.

This year was a disappointment, but that's not uncommon among Super Bowl winners....it's very tough to repeat.

They play in the afc east. That guarantees a playpff spot. Every yr. The nfc conference is a lot more balance than afc. If we made the playofff as much as them I bet we would have 5 superbowl by now bc our caoch knows how to game plans do or die game pretty damn goood

JJC7301
01-17-2013, 11:53 PM

Knowing BB, he'll trade Brady in '13 or '14 for a young QB who winds up being a stud. BB's a genius. I really admire the guy.

SweetZombieJesus
01-18-2013, 08:57 AM
The Patriots' success is a perfect storm.

They play in a terrible division and they have dominated it for over a decade. The other three franchises have become dysfunctional jokes. It's essentially a guaranteed 6 wins.
They have Tom Brady.
They have Bill Belichick.

But yes, they are quite adept at getting bargains... They dump players with no ceremony when their time is up. They bring in nobodies and get good play out of them. They bring in washed up veterans for very little money who just want the chance for one last rodeo.

EliDaMANning
01-18-2013, 10:11 AM
The Pats are an excellent regular season team. But in the playoffs, in order to win mutiple SB, you need a QB with ice in his veins that doesn't need spygate to win it all. Having a decent defense sure helps as well. And the Pats are always up there in total defense. Wonder what's holding them back?

BuffyBlueII
01-18-2013, 02:42 PM
I doubt it... as long as Belicheck is there, they're in contention, because that's how good he is. Kinda reminds me of his mentor, Parcells. I'm just going to say it flat out, Brady is overrated. Still good, but not the LEGEND that people make him out to be. Look how they went 11-5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel under center. If they had made the playoffs (by the way, missing the playoffs at 11-5 is the most BS thing ever), and made a big splash, more people would understand just how lucky Brady is. If the Giants are "lucky" for their two super bowls in the past 5 years, then Brady should be considered a walking good-luck charm...

Yeah. They dropped off to 11-5 without Tom Brady after going 16-0 with him the season before. Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever.

BuffyBlueII
01-18-2013, 02:48 PM
It is amazing how folks continue to discredit NE Patriots organization because they got to the SuperBowl 2 times since SpyGate but haven’t won. It is ridiculous. They are in the playoffs every year. They lost 2 very close SuperBowls that could have gone either way. It wasn’t as if we blew them out contrary to what some folks want to play it up as.

NE Patriots are one of the most successful professional sports franchises over the past decade and a half. They are consistent and continue to be competitive every single year. Folks cry about their schedule but heck, we blew a game against Philly and then our D line collapsed against a rookie QB because they had nightmares about him.

Our lack of consistency and focus and NE Patriots commitment to those principles is why NY Giants will be watching Conference Championships this Sunday while NE Patriots will be playing in them.

AllHailEli
01-18-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm not sure if the Patriots are any fun. They've never been fun these last few years. The worse thing about trash talking and losing is getting trash talked before the game, losing, and getting more trash talked after the game and that's basically what Patriots have been running to these past few years. And if your version of fun is running up the scores against opponents, and winning at all costs by spying, then you're welcome to it.

ANON837
01-18-2013, 04:22 PM
It is amazing how folks continue to discredit NE Patriots organization because they got to the SuperBowl 2 times since SpyGate but haven’t won. It is ridiculous. They are in the playoffs every year. They lost 2 very close SuperBowls that could have gone either way. It wasn’t as if we blew them out contrary to what some folks want to play it up as.

NE Patriots are one of the most successful professional sports franchises over the past decade and a half. They are consistent and continue to be competitive every single year. Folks cry about their schedule but heck, we blew a game against Philly and then our D line collapsed against a rookie QB because they had nightmares about him.

Our lack of consistency and focus and NE Patriots commitment to those principles is why NY Giants will be watching Conference Championships this Sunday while NE Patriots will be playing in them.This is it right here. The Giants didn't even get a chance to defend their title. The Patriots just seem to stay relevant every year. They keep plugging away with different players. I really don't think the Patriots are even thinking about the Giants right now. They are on their way to another SB appearance with the possibility of Tom and Bill getting their 4th ring. Resiliency. Relevant. Re-invention. That's why they are where they are.

Kruunch
01-18-2013, 04:30 PM
The bigger difference, is not the turnover but how often they play their 53 man roster.

Our motto is "Next Man Up" for when one goes down ... their motto is "Next Man Up ... on Second Down".

BROADWAYSTORM
01-18-2013, 05:05 PM
The only reason for their continued success is their pancake division and the decline of their conference. Truth be told that team lacks major talent on both sides of the ball outside of Key players. And they still make due. But then they don't have enough to defeat powerhouse NFC teams.

nygpolishpunk
01-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Knowing BB, he'll trade Brady in '13 or '14 for a young QB who winds up being a stud. BB's a genius. I really admire the guy.That's a bold prediction...

Picture this offseason, after the Patriots lose to the Ravens (eventual SB champions), Tom Brady is traded to Dallas for a first round draft pick....

JesseJames
01-18-2013, 06:20 PM
the Patriots are a smartly run business organization and that makes them what they are

AllHailEli
01-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Would you like 2 Super Bowls in the last 4 years without making every playoffs or no Super Bowls in the last 8 years and making almost every playoffs?

greenca190
01-19-2013, 02:56 AM
I think the most amazing part to their success is not just the turn over on their roster, but they lose coordinators, coaches, and even a GM in Scott Pioli, and still win consistently.

Belicheck is great in finding new coaches, and bringing them into the mix. It amazes me that an old guy like him who has been around the game forever was able to find guys like Bill O'Brien and Josh McDaniels, who are relatively young.

BuffyBlueII
01-19-2013, 04:04 AM
The only reason for their continued success is their pancake division and the decline of their conference. Truth be told that team lacks major talent on both sides of the ball outside of Key players. And they still make due. But then they don't have enough to defeat powerhouse NFC teams.

Since 2003, NE Patriots are 37-6 against NFC teams. Three of those losses came against us.

So much for the theory about defeating “NFC powerhouses."

SweetZombieJesus
01-19-2013, 06:42 AM
Since 2003, NE Patriots are 37-6 against NFC teams. Three of those losses came against us.

!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speedman
01-19-2013, 07:01 AM
BB is the best coach. If we had him we would have had more playoff appearances and more SB wins.

Rat_bastich
01-19-2013, 07:18 AM
BB is the best coach. If we had him we would have had more playoff appearances and more SB wins.

And, I think the only ego BB has stoked was Tom Brady's. He has killed more egos than anything. He has taken that old blue collar mentality the Giants used to have to the Patriots and made it work. Everyone is a roleplayer. I think at the moment his team has had the most flash any team under him has ever had with the tight-ends he has at his disposal...well, when healthy of course.

AllHailEli
01-19-2013, 10:43 AM

So much for the theory about defeating “NFC powerhouses."

And I would venture 2 of them are in the Super Bowls and one of them just happened this season against the Niners. Put a good defense against them and you'll get 0 Super Bowls in 8 years although virtually making the playoffs every year. It's good but NOT good enough esp when you squandered a perfect season and tainted the other wins with Spygate.

SweetZombieJesus
01-19-2013, 12:28 PM
And I would venture 2 of them are in the Super Bowls and one of them just happened this season against the Niners. Put a good defense against them and you'll get 0 Super Bowls in 8 years although virtually making the playoffs every year. It's good but NOT good enough esp when you squandered a perfect season and tainted the other wins with Spygate.

Dude, they're beaten by an NFC team once every 2 years, on average. Take out the Giants and it's once every 3.3 years. Granted they play 4 NFC teams per year (plus one if they make the SB, which they've done 5 times). But still that's a .86 winning percentage, impressive in any niche stat.

Just stop trying to belittle them and be thankful the New York Giants are their Kryptonite.

AllHailEli
01-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Dude, they're beaten by an NFC team once every 2 years, on average. Take out the Giants and it's once every 3.3 years. Granted they play 4 NFC teams per year (plus one if they make the SB, which they've done 5 times). But still that's a .86 winning percentage, impressive in any niche stat.

Just stop trying to belittle them and be thankful the New York Giants are their Kryptonite.

Records are meaningless without Super Bowls. 18-1 sounds amazing too until you realize that single loss happened in the Super Bowl. Plus it's not just the Giants who eliminated them these last few years -- the Jets, Ravens and Colts have done the same thing too. They are good but with the frequency they've been making it to the playoffs, and how close they've been, that stat is not so impressive. You would think karma may have something to do with it.

BlueReign
01-19-2013, 01:54 PM
I think the most amazing part to their success is not just the turn over on their roster, but they lose coordinators, coaches, and even a GM in Scott Pioli, and still win consistently.

Belicheck is great in finding new coaches, and bringing them into the mix. It amazes me that an old guy like him who has been around the game forever was able to find guys like Bill O'Brien and Josh McDaniels, who are relatively young.
I'm sure the young coaches line up for a chance to be under the tutelage of Belichick; his coaching tree is really impressive.

BuffyBlueII
01-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Records are meaningless without Super Bowls. 18-1 sounds amazing too until you realize that single loss happened in the Super Bowl. Plus it's not just the Giants who eliminated them these last few years -- the Jets, Ravens and Colts have done the same thing too. They are good but with the frequency they've been making it to the playoffs, and how close they've been, that stat is not so impressive. You would think karma may have something to do with it.

They have been to 5 SuperBowls in 12 years and have won 3 of them. That is very impressive.

Karma? Did we lose SuperBowl XXXV because of bad Karma from the history of criminals we have on the team or did we lose because Baltimore Ravens were a better team that day?

NE Patriots are playing in their 7th AFC Championship Game under Bill Bellichek as head coach and Tom Brady as QB and folks still try to belittle the teams accomplishments. Ridiculous.

Let me let you in on a little secret, although they lost SuperBowl XLVI, it was still a very, very successful season because they still got there. Although we lost SuperBowl XXXV, it was still a very, very successful season because we got there.

BuffyBlueII
01-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Also, I don’t know where this “they play against AFC so it is easier” mentality comes from. The AFC has won 9 of the last 15 SuperBowls.

Over the course of 46 SuperBowls, NFC has won 25 and AFC has won 21, hardly an overwhelming advantage.

How did we do against the AFC this year?

We beat Cleveland.

We lost to Pittsburgh Steelers. In fact, on a clean hit that was a nonsense call, Ryan Clark left such an impression on Victor Cruz that he was short arming it for a few games after that.

Cincinatti Bengals did whatever they wanted to us. They bullied and manhandalled us.

Baltimore Ravens stomped a hole in our chests in a game we desperately needed to win for playoff chances.

Seems to me that we really didn’t stack up too well against the “weak” AFC this season.

Jtuck
01-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Also, I don’t know where this “they play against AFC so it is easier” mentality comes from. The AFC has won 9 of the last 15 SuperBowls.

Over the course of 46 SuperBowls, NFC has won 25 and AFC has won 21, hardly an overwhelming advantage.

We beat Cleveland.

We lost to Pittsburgh Steelers. In fact, on a clean hit that was a nonsense call, Ryan Clark left such an impression on Victor Cruz that he was short arming it for a few games after that.

Cincinatti Bengals did whatever they wanted to us. They bullied and manhandalled us.

Baltimore Ravens stomped a hole in our chests in a game we desperately needed to win for playoff chances.

Seems to me that we really didn’t stack up too well against the “weak” AFC this season.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Say it again!

AllHailEli
01-19-2013, 07:32 PM
They have been to 5 SuperBowls in 12 years and have won 3 of them. That is very impressive.

Karma? Did we lose SuperBowl XXXV because of bad Karma from the history of criminals we have on the team or did we lose because Baltimore Ravens were a better team that day?

NE Patriots are playing in their 7th AFC Championship Game under Bill Bellichek as head coach and Tom Brady as QB and folks still try to belittle the teams accomplishments. Ridiculous.

Let me let you in on a little secret, although they lost SuperBowl XLVI, it was still a very, very successful season because they still got there. Although we lost SuperBowl XXV, it was still a very, very successful season because we got there.

Everybody concedes the Ravens were a better team in 2000. If you won all 16 games in the regular season, I don't think you can argue which team was the best. They were chasing history, and they lost at the most heartbreaking way so much that Tom Brady had nightmares and could not bring himself to watch that game again. In a way, it may be karma. How many fans outside of the Patriots fans wanted them to win? I'd say not a lot, and that says a lot esp even if teams both from your division and other AFC teams were rooting against the Patriots. The Spygate, running up the scores and cutting a player before the Super Bowl put a sinister angle to it. The other 3 wins tainted with Spygate esp the one against the Rams. And why the heck did the tapes get destroyed? Someone explain that to me.

syrup
01-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Since the CHEATRIOTS got caught they have won NOTHING - thank GOD we have never ever been accused of anything like that ever!

BuffyBlueII
01-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Everybody concedes the Ravens were a better team in 2000. If you won all 16 games in the regular season, I don't think you can argue which team was the best. They were chasing history, and they lost at the most heartbreaking way so much that Tom Brady had nightmares and could not bring himself to watch that game again. In a way, it may be karma. How many fans outside of the Patriots fans wanted them to win? I'd say not a lot, and that says a lot esp even if teams both from your division and other AFC teams were rooting against the Patriots. The Spygate, running up the scores and cutting a player before the Super Bowl put a sinister angle to it. The other 3 wins tainted with Spygate esp the one against the Rams. And why the heck did the tapes get destroyed? Someone explain that to me.

Since SpyGate was that much of a benefit to them, how the heck did they go 16-0 during the regular season and back to SuperBowl the year after?

Since SpyGate, NE Patriots have been back to SuperBowl twice and have made the playoffs every year since that Tom Brady has played a full season. They didn’t make the playoffs when Tom Brady got hurt in 2008 and Matt Cassel went in.

Karma had nothing to do with NE Patriots losing SuperBowl XLII and SuperBowl XLVI. They lost 2 close games to NY Giants team that was the better than them on those days.

BuffyBlueII
01-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Since the CHEATRIOTS got caught they have won NOTHING - thank GOD we have never ever been accused of anything like that ever!

With the exception of the year Tom Brady’s knee was injured, they have been back to the playoffs every year and have been to 2 SuperBowls since SpyGate. They are playing in AFC Championship Game against Baltimore Ravens tomorrow and I hope they destroy them.

Rat_bastich
01-19-2013, 09:46 PM
With the exception of the year Tom Brady’s knee was injured, they have been back to the playoffs every year and have been to 2 SuperBowls since SpyGate. They are playing in AFC Championship Game against Baltimore Ravens tomorrow and I hope they destroy them.

+1 frickin' million. The Spy Gate thing is a copout. They have been there every year since, either in the Super Bowl or the AFC championship game. It isn't easy to make it to the play-offs, but these guys consistently make it to the championship game. Yeah, sure everyone has the chance every year to make it to the Super Bowl but how many actually get that close? Not only that but almost every year there is a new cast of characters, minus Brady.

AllHailEli
01-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Since SpyGate was that much of a benefit to them, how the heck did they go 16-0 during the regular season and back to SuperBowl the year after?

Since SpyGate, NE Patriots have been back to SuperBowl twice and have made the playoffs every year since that Tom Brady has played a full season. They didn’t make the playoffs when Tom Brady got hurt in 2008 and Matt Cassel went in.

Karma had nothing to do with NE Patriots losing SuperBowl XLII and SuperBowl XLVI. They lost 2 close games to NY Giants team that was the better than them on those days.

Yeah, and they have not won the Super Bowl in 8 years even with their frequency of making it to the playoffs. I would say that stat is NOT impressive! Would you rather have gone to virtually every playoffs and not win one or to not make every playoffs and win 2? We definitely played better those 2 times and people were pulling for us outside of the Giants fans. I would not know what would have happened if they knew every single one of our plays like they did the Rams when they videotaped the walkthrough. I doubt we had a chance then, those were very close games to give someone unfair advantage. And if you get penalized for it, which they did and the most severe at that time, that meant you did something illegal. The actual term is CHEATING! Ask Lance Armstrong for its definition. And don't you think it's fishy that the tapes were destroyed? For what valid reason would you choose to destroy the tapes? I only know of the obvious one -- it's damning and incriminating! Am I impressed about those 8 years they kept making the playoffs but never winning one? Not really cuz I'm not sure if I respect the way they've competed. Yeah, Lance Armstrong was found doping on his 7 tour de France wins, should I be impressed that in 2009 he finished 3rd without supposedly doping? I don't think so!

I'd say you should be proud and impressed with the Giants more. Against all odds, they won us those 2 Super Bowls FAIR and SQUARE! And if this argument happened on Feb 4, 2012, I bet you have a different opinion. Hey, it stinks we did not make the playoffs this year, or every freaking other year people have been complaining but at the end of the day, we have 2 Super Bowls to show these last four years! I'd say quit envying the competition which is flawed anyway and could not show you any Super Bowl in the last 8 years.

Rudyy
01-19-2013, 10:18 PM
PATRIOTS SUCK HAVENT WON SINCE SPYGATE LOLOLOL LOSERS. /red

gmen0820
01-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Have the Pats missed the playoffs in 3 of the past 4 years? Patriots are the best ran franchise in the league.

gmen0820
01-19-2013, 10:30 PM
PATRIOTS SUCK HAVENT WON SINCE SPYGATE LOLOLOL LOSERS. /redThis.

ANON837
01-19-2013, 10:46 PM
PATRIOTS SUCK HAVENT WON SINCE SPYGATE LOLOLOL LOSERS. /redIts a little disheartening and childish to throw stones at another team who's probably on their way to another SB appearance while our team, pathetically couldn't even make the playoffs to defend the title. Give credit where credit is due. NE did what they needed to do to get where they are and Big Blue didn't. Hopefully Coughlin can rally the troops for next season and make another run.

Rudyy
01-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Its a little disheartening and childish to throw stones at another team who's probably on their way to another SB appearance while our team, pathetically couldn't even make the playoffs to defend the title. Give credit where credit is due. NE did what they needed to do to get where they are and Big Blue didn't. Hopefully Coughlin can rally the troops for next season and make another run./Red means sarcasm.

Rusty192
01-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Have the Pats missed the playoffs in 3 of the past 4 years?The Giants have won 2 Superbowls in the time since the Pats won their last 9 years ago. That's better overall success.

Rudyy
01-19-2013, 11:38 PM
The Giants have won 2 Superbowls in the time since the Pats won their last. That's better overall success.You're wrong.

Rusty192
01-19-2013, 11:38 PM
You're wrong.how so ?

Rudyy
01-19-2013, 11:42 PM
how so ?I'm busting your chops. I can see both sides here. We won 2 Super Bowls but they still maintained a level of consistency.

Rusty192
01-19-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm busting your chops. I can see both sides here. We won 2 Super Bowls but they still maintained a level of consistency.You bugger you :D

Rudyy
01-19-2013, 11:58 PM
You bugger you :D:)

BuffyBlueII
01-20-2013, 04:29 AM
All this argument is moot. NE Patriots will win SuperBowl this year.

Rat_bastich
01-20-2013, 04:49 AM

I have this odd feeling it will be San Fran. I think they'll get past Atlanta and when they face Brady they have the blueplans laid out by us. Rush Brady like a madman. I don't want to see it but that is my gut feeling. Of course this all depends on if New England beats the Ravens and my previous prediction comes true.

BuffyBlueII
01-20-2013, 05:40 AM
I have this odd feeling it will be San Fran. I think they'll get past Atlanta and when they face Brady they have the blueplans laid out by us. Rush Brady like a madman. I don't want to see it but that is my gut feeling. Of course this all depends on if New England beats the Ravens and my previous prediction comes true.

The recent blueprint is to hope that Wes Welker drops the game ending catch and I don’t think that will happen again. I also don;t think that Colin Kapernick will be able to keep Tom Brady on the sidelines by controlling TOP for almost 38 minutes like Eli Manning did.

stormblue
01-20-2013, 08:15 AM
The bigger difference, is not the turnover but how often they play their 53 man roster.

Our motto is "Next Man Up" for when one goes down ... their motto is "Next Man Up ... on Second Down".

tell that to our coaching staff who won't take a starter off the field unless he's mortally wounded.....
by the end of the 1st half of the season the injured starters are worse off and the rest are gassed due to
lack of rotation.....which is double jeopardy because that lack of rotation is responsible for lack of experience
for the back-ups and it destroys the 2nd half of the season......which is why we always have
the 2nd half "swoon" every year. this system leaves the starters tired and wounded and the back-ups inexperienced.
this is one of this coaching staffs biggest drawbacks......they are horrible at player distribution / rotation.

they ride their thoroughbreds into the ground while the yearlings remain unbroken and untrained.
why have a 53 man roster and only use 40 of them......

and its not the "giants way".... it's the ****ing Coughlin way.

miked1958
01-20-2013, 01:59 PM
They also play in a division that almost guarantees them 6 wins a season. After 2007 they had not one a playoff game until last year and then they lost the Super Bowl again. It's nice to be consistently in the playoffs, but the Giants have had a better 5 year span.this.... Plus to me the AFC As a whole over past decade has been pretty weak.

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 02:00 PM
The Giants have won 2 Superbowls in the time since the Pats won their last 9 years ago. That's better overall success.Overall success? How about 3 Super Bowls in this century? That's better overall success.

What about wins in general, playoff wins, playoff appearances, drafting, team management, etc. Should we just reduce it all to the overly simplistic view of Super Bowls in an amount of time that suits our argument? Pleeeeease.

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 02:03 PM
not taking anything away from BB, but let's please give a little credit to having the greatest QB who has every played the game, or at least a QB that will be considered in that conversation.

So yes, BB and the whole organization has done a great job, but it helps just a little bit to have a guy like brady.Definitely helps to have the greatest QB in league history, but let's keep in mind that they stole him in the sixth round, and although you can't chalk that up to skill, their ability to move on from Bledsoe might not have happened if it were the Giants. We'd have probably kept Bledsoe for years after that!

Rusty192
01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Overall success? How about 3 Super Bowls in this century? That's better overall success.

What about wins in general, playoff wins, playoff appearances, drafting, team management, etc. Should we just reduce it all to the overly simplistic view of Super Bowls in an amount of time that suits our argument? Pleeeeease.You used the Giants missing the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years as being less successful as of late compared to NE. We've won two SB's in the last 5 years. That's better overall success in that time period than them making the playoffs, but having nothing to show for it. That's what I'm getting at here.

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 08:59 PM
You used the Giants missing the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years as being less successful as of late compared to NE. We've won two SB's in the last 5 years. That's better overall success in that time period than them making the playoffs, but having nothing to show for it. That's what I'm getting at here.Okay fine, and the Patriots have won three Super Bowls since 2001, that's better overall success in that time period.

TroyArcher
01-20-2013, 09:12 PM
The Pats have not won a SB in along time.

Rusty192
01-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Okay fine, and the Patriots have won three Super Bowls since 2001, that's better overall success in that time period.lol and the Giants have 4 Superbowls. 4 > 3 mwahahahaha. :p

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 09:13 PM
lol and the Giants have 4 Superbowls. 4 > 3 mwahahahaha. :pDamnit!

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 09:15 PM
But....since Robert Kraft bought the team in '94, establishing the "Patriots way," they've made six SBs, winning three of them. Impresivo fo-sho.

Rudyy
01-20-2013, 09:26 PM
WELL THE PATRIOT WAY WON'T MATTER SINCE WE WILL WIN THE SUPER BOWL NEXT YEAR IN THE MEADOWLANDS K? K.

-Rudy out-

Rusty192
01-20-2013, 09:27 PM
But....since Robert Kraft bought the team in '94, establishing the "Patriots way," they've made six SBs, winning three of them. Impresivo fo-sho.Giants are still kewler

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3mctsZb5V1qa219lo2_250.gif

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Giants are still kewlerhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3mctsZb5V1qa219lo2_250.gif;-P

Rudyy
01-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Giants are still kewler

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3mctsZb5V1qa219lo2_250.gifYou win

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 09:34 PM
-Rudy out-The best combo of words ever typed on this message board.

TheBookOfEli
01-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Both franchises are run very well but the only thing that separates NE from NY is that NE doesn't give out the "loyal" card. If your slowing down your outta New England. In NY, if your slowing a down your given one too many chances until it's quite obvious the player is done, thus making a franchise inconsistent.

Rudyy
01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
The best combo of words ever typed on this message board.Why are you so mean to me?

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM
Why are you so mean to me?You really wanna know?

Rudyy
01-20-2013, 09:48 PM
You really wanna know?Sure

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 09:50 PM
SureDouble-Y in your username

Rudyy
01-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Double-Y in your username....I KNEW IT!

Rudyy
01-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Double-Y in your usernameIt's so funny because I tried using Rudy but they said the name was already in use so I was like um okay.

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 09:55 PM
It's so funny because I tried using Rudy but they said the name was already in use so I was like um okay.Just as I suspected! So you thought you could just waltz right in here, beating the system by adding another Y. But I see right through your mischievous ways Rudy.

"You think that would fool a Corleone?"

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 09:55 PM
But no, I love you Rudith.

Rudyy
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Just as I suspected! So you thought you could just waltz right in here, beating the system by adding another Y. But I see right through your mischievous ways Rudy.

"You think that would fool a Corleone?"I guess I should just leave.

Rudyy
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
But no, I love you Rudith.Good.

Buddy333
01-20-2013, 10:47 PM
They may be more consistent during the regular season but since spy gate they have not won a Championship.

AllHailEli
01-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Yeah, please don't mistake consistency as synonymous to wining Super Bowls or regular sesson records as the ultimate prize. I'm just glad we got the Patriots last year, instead of the Ravens. That defense looks so daunting. And I'm glad it's going to be the Niners problem. Lol!

Toadofsteel
01-20-2013, 10:53 PM
They may be more consistent during the regular season but since spy gate they have not won a Championship.

This. I hope Brady doesn't win another ring ever, and Belicheck while he coaches the pats. History would see them as the frauds they are.

AllHailEli
01-20-2013, 10:54 PM

Looks like the Spygate Curse is still alive and kicking.

AllHailEli
01-20-2013, 10:58 PM
This. I hope Brady doesn't win another ring ever, and Belicheck while he coaches the pats. History would see them as the frauds they are.

I hope the Spygate Curse will last as long as the Bambino Curse! That would be perfect!

Toadofsteel
01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
I probably won't care as much about the pats once Brady is gone. If Ryan Mallett wins a super bowl the year after Brady retires, I would LOVE it, at least as long as it wasn't against us.

Cloud57
01-20-2013, 11:20 PM
I think the Brady era is finished

giant-4-life
01-20-2013, 11:29 PM
the Pats don't pay alot for their players. BB basically comes along and cues them in on championships and not money. welker, and gronk are their anchors around TB. but the RB ridley was new and they also will pickup someone off of FA when they need to fill in a piece of the puzzle.

they are without a doubt one of the best organizations in terms of building a team that meshes. I'm tired of seeing them yr after yr but you gotta admit, they have a great plan and it works now for over a decade. I'm kinda curious what will happen to them when TB retires? will they regress as the Pats of old?

time will tell

AllHailEli
01-21-2013, 12:00 AM
From the Patriots Message Board after the game:

"Just copy the Giants and draft a pass rusher every year until you hit on a couple that will put consistent pressure on most (if not all) QBs.

That is the best way to hide a weak secondary."

So I guess we are a model. LOL! If those pash rushers could have shown up this season.

L.T.56
01-21-2013, 12:02 AM
the ravens and giants are not afraid of brady or the pats aura. they both have shown that brady is human.

Cloud57
01-21-2013, 12:29 AM
From the Patriots Message Board after the game:

"Just copy the Giants and draft a pass rusher every year until you hit on a couple that will put consistent pressure on most (if not all) QBs.

That is the best way to hide a weak secondary."

So I guess we are a model. LOL! If those pash rushers could have shown up this season. The Patriots have had low draft picks for many years

Drez
01-21-2013, 12:48 AM
The Patriots have had low draft picks for many years

We haven't had terribly high picks either.

AllHailEli
01-21-2013, 01:00 AM
How about this one? LOL!

"well.......doen't help to have near 20M tied up on a QB.......the other 3 final 4 teams don't have that and have more to spend in other places.

sorry, attitude reflect leadership, and and the leadership was scared today.......when that happens, there must be an option in place to replace the leadership......somehow, the pats need to develop their next QB

fact is that the pats are getting everything they can out of the make up of this roster.

it's not bad to have a consistent playoff team...I mean you can't get to the SB unless you make the playoffs, but that's what it seems like they have......a soft team much like the colts were under dungy.....

part of the problem is the division........the pats go 6-0 vs the division, they only need to 6-4 against the rest of the leagu eand they can get home field through the playoffs.....except now the ravens thing gillette is their house"

Sounds familiar? Same thing people complain here, the Patriots fans complain. And they do acknowledge the weak division. LOL!

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 01:03 AM
the pats play in a week division, they have rarely been challenged.

SweetZombieJesus
01-21-2013, 08:02 AM
the ravens and giants are not afraid of brady or the pats aura. they both have shown that brady is human.

He Brady'ed again during the game last night!

Same slumping pose with hand in hand

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bradying.jpg

Red Dog
01-21-2013, 09:36 AM
WELL, Brady in an interview said he was mentally tired after intense practices solet up on the dear boy before his wife comes after you and styles yer hair

Same slumping pose with hand in han

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bradying.jpg

Flip Empty
01-21-2013, 09:42 AM

Same slumping pose with hand in hand

He did indeed; I cracked up when I saw that.

Screen:
http://i.imgur.com/8UWLmEd.jpg

He was close to tears after he threw that first pick, I actually felt sorry for him.

Robert21156
01-22-2013, 01:59 AM

We beat Cleveland.

You likely know that most are referring to the very weak AFC East and that the Pats usually win 5 or 6 of those games every year.

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 04:33 AM
You likely know that most are referring to the very weak AFC East and that the Pats usually win 5 or 6 of those games every year.

NE Patriots won 3 out of 4 against NFC East in 2011. That was just as many wins in 2 games less in our division than we had against our own division that year. Not only do they dominate their own division but they dominate ours, which is something we can’t do.

We made the playoffs at 9-7.

NE Patriots win so much because they have focus and are coached very well. They do not have the problems we do. Their players don’t have public conferences about how they are terrfied about a rookie QB they are facing and the nightmares they have about him, etc........ etc.......... etc......... etc....

The schedule is the schedule. If their compettition was so weak in AFC East and that was the reason they have success and make playoffs then how the heck do they keep beating teams outside their division to make Championship Games and SuperBowls? How the heck do they achieve year in and year out?

NY Giants and NE Patriots are both great organizations. Whereas we come out of nowhere and surprise folks, they are consistent. It is just a preference of what one likes better. Hopwever, I am not going to demean their organization like so many others do just to feel better about the fact that we didn’t even make the playoffs this year.

gumby74
01-22-2013, 10:14 AM
the pats play in a week division, they have rarely been challenged.

At least they take care of business. Us on the other hand, lose to the teams we're supposed to beat.

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 02:25 PM

I know exactly what folks are referring to. However, if the secret to their success is playing in the weak AFC East then how the heck do they beat the rest of AFC in post season and make it to AFC Champioship Games and SuperBowls?