PDA

View Full Version : Summary of Giants' 1st Round selection by the experts

dannyboomboom1
01-17-2013, 10:23 PM
So far this is whom the popular mock draft sites have the Giants picking at #19:

Walter Football: Dion Jordon DE/OLB Oregon
Draft King: Chance Warmack OG Alabama
Football's Future: Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
FF Toolbox: Sam Montgomery DE LSU
Mel Kiper ESPN: Sam Montgomery DE LSU
eatdrinksleepfootball: Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame
Ultimate Sports Hound: Sam Montgomery DE LSU
NFL.com Josh Norris: Alex Okafor DE Texas
Mocking the Draft: Sam Montgomery DE LSU
Draft Season: Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
Scouting the Seahawks: Alex Okafor DE Texas
Mock Draft HQ: Barrett Jones OG Alabama
Draft Tek: Eric Fisher OT Central MIchigan
My NFL Draft: Sam Montgomery DE LSU
Draftsite.com: Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame
AOL Sporting News: Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
Fan Sided: Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU

Consensus says Sam Montgomery or Ezekiel Ansah. But clearly folks expect the Giants to take a DE at #19. My personal choice is Ansah or Okafor. Not a fan of Montgomery at all. What says you?

TCHOF
01-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Good compilation. Thanks.

As I have said in other threads, Ansah has Giants written all over him

Carter.525
01-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Good compilation. Thanks.

As I have said in other threads, Ansah has Giants written all over him

he needs to sit out the combine.. Ansah will blow up and be a top 10 pick.. I see it coming

Mlerman17
01-18-2013, 03:18 AM
would rather have ogletree or jordan than ansah.

Mlerman17
01-18-2013, 03:18 AM
sam montgomery=disaster imo.

dannyboomboom1
01-18-2013, 10:54 AM
agreed

Kruunch
01-18-2013, 12:15 PM
would rather have ogletree or jordan than ansah.

I'd rather have Okafor over any of those :D

B-Red22
01-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Ansah

tdawg1413
01-18-2013, 01:30 PM

Agreed. I am glad Ansah is going to go crazy at the combine. I really don't want him for some reason. Okafor is a better player imo.

Carter.525
01-18-2013, 01:36 PM

big fan of Okafor..

dannyboomboom1
01-18-2013, 01:39 PM
I would be very happy with Okafor

BlueSabbath
01-18-2013, 01:53 PM
If we go DE and Okafor is an option, I will be super pissed if we take a different one.

Carter.525
01-18-2013, 02:10 PM
If we go DE and Okafor is an option, I will be super pissed if we take a different one.

if Reese goes DE at #19, I think it will come down to Okafor vs Montgomery.. my guess is Ansah will be gone already

BlueSabbath
01-18-2013, 02:18 PM
That would be as easy as it gets... Okafor.

Kruunch
01-18-2013, 02:43 PM
if Reese goes DE at #19, I think it will come down to Okafor vs Montgomery.. my guess is Ansah will be gone already

I'd be happy with either Okafor or Ansah (prefer Okafor).

I want no part of Montgomery or Jordan.

Smith&Nicks
01-18-2013, 07:11 PM

I FIND IT JOHN BROWN FUNNY THAT YOU HYPOCRITES HATE OSI SO.... MUCH BUT YOU WANT OKAFOR WHO IS A SPEED RUSHER BUT TERRIBLE AGAINST THE RUN!

WHAT CAUSE HE'S A YOUNGER VERSION OF A PLAYER YOU CALL BUM NOW... WHEN WILL HE BECOME THE BUM ON THIS TEAM IF DRAFTED.

JOHN BROWN MAROONS!!!!

NOTHING SPECIFIC TO YOU MAN... JUST GENERALIZING

giantscolombia
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Do you guys think we would pick up Manti?

What would your reaction be?

Kruunch
01-24-2013, 02:55 PM
I FIND IT JOHN BROWN FUNNY THAT YOU HYPOCRITES HATE OSI SO.... MUCH BUT YOU WANT OKAFOR WHO IS A SPEED RUSHER BUT TERRIBLE AGAINST THE RUN!

WHAT CAUSE HE'S A YOUNGER VERSION OF A PLAYER YOU CALL BUM NOW... WHEN WILL HE BECOME THE BUM ON THIS TEAM IF DRAFTED.

JOHN BROWN MAROONS!!!!

NOTHING SPECIFIC TO YOU MAN... JUST GENERALIZING

I find it funny that you typed that long without realizing your caps lock was on.

That and Okafor is a ton better against the run than Osi ever was. Don't know what tape you're watching.

P.S. - I'll take Osi in his prime all day long.

Kruunch
01-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Do you guys think we would pick up Manti?

What would your reaction be?

As a first round pick? I'd be disappointed. But I'd say that about any two-down player we picked in the first.

Jahh
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
I find it funny that you typed that long without realizing your caps lock was on.

That and Okafor is a ton better against the run than Osi ever was. Don't know what tape you're watching.

P.S. - I'll take Osi in his prime all day long.

Why do I keep seeing people compare Okafor to Osi? I don't see that comparison at all.

Kruunch
01-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Why do I keep seeing people compare Okafor to Osi? I don't see that comparison at all.

No idea.

From CBS Sports:

STRENGTHS: Displays strong hand play, chopping away at his opponents' attempts to get their hands on his chest or using an effective arm-over swim move to slip by them. High-revving motor. Arrived at the Senior Bowl leaner. Good overall athlete. Most impressive attribute is his power. Okafor can knock opponents onto their heels on his way to the quarterback and also sets the edge nicely as a run defender. Okafor's ability to make plays against the run and pass makes him arguably the most well-rounded senior defensive end in the country.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks quick-twitch burst and isn't a speed rusher.

--Rob Rang

If you watch tape on Okafor, this accurately describes his skill set. If you were to compare him to anyone it would be Justin Tuck (in his prime).

myles2424
01-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Agreed. I am glad Ansah is going to go crazy at the combine. I really don't want him for some reason. Okafor is a better player imo.
Derrick Morgas WAS a better player than JPP also...