PDA

View Full Version : Will the Giants Shy away from Teo?

flashnando
01-18-2013, 02:32 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/will-bizarre-manti-te-o-hoax-cause-new-york-giants-to-shy-away-from-drafting-lb

I'm not for drafting him, I don't really watch college football so i can't comment. I have just seeing youtube videos of this guy and doesn't look that special to me

Thoughts?

slipknottin
01-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Make a comment then follow it up by saying you can't comment?

Spytheweb
01-18-2013, 02:39 PM
They should. This guy can't tackle. Even when a runner, runs into him and this is suppose to be the 2nd best football player in the nation?

Gigglemania
01-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Make a comment then follow it up by saying you can't comment?

Man I havent seen him play at all, but from what I have seen from his play I dont know about him.

slipknottin
01-18-2013, 02:42 PM
They should. This guy can't tackle. Even when a runner, runs into him and this is suppose to be the 2nd best football player in the nation?

Don't get confused by the Heisman. That goes to big names who have big games. Has nothing to do with the best player. Teo is the third best defensive player on his own team.

That being said, he is still a first round pick in the draft. It's possible he falls to an early 2nd, but that's the range he belongs and where he will go.

slipknottin
01-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Man I havent seen him play at all, but from what I have seen from his play I dont know about him.

So you haven't seen him play, apart from when you've seen him play?

Gigglemania
01-18-2013, 02:44 PM
So you haven't seen him play, apart from when you've seen him play?

I feel that to be the truth, but I cant comment on it.

Carter.525
01-18-2013, 02:52 PM
eh.. no comment..

AllHailEli
01-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Solely because of the hoax? No, they should not stay away just because of that. One good season and time will erase that soon enough, unless you think he'll be mentally affected about that his whole career.

JJC7301
01-18-2013, 03:13 PM
I have no desire to have some either A) that much of a weird liar, or B) that much of a dope, drafted in the 1st round. 2nd round? Maybe. I'd rather just stay away from him.

flashnando
01-18-2013, 03:20 PM
I have no desire to have some either A) that much of a weird liar, or B) that much of a dope, drafted in the 1st round. 2nd round? Maybe. I'd rather just stay away from him.
But isn't being "crazy" a good thing when playing the LB position?

myles2424
01-18-2013, 03:37 PM
But isn't being "crazy" a good thing when playing the LB position?

Wrong kind of crazy...

flashnando
01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Wrong kind of crazy...

I just read your comment while looking at your profile pic LOL

myles2424
01-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Solely because of the hoax? No, they should not stay away just because of that. One good season and time will erase that soon enough, unless you think he'll be mentally affected about that his whole career.
Regardless if hes the victim or not, he's a wierdo...Hes either a huge liar or lacking mentally,either way i Believe this story will haunt him for a long time.....Theres no good outcome for him

slipknottin
01-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Regardless if hes the victim or not, he's a wierdo...Hes either a huge liar or lacking mentally,either way i Believe this story will haunt him for a long time.....Theres no good outcome for him

Some of you don't realize how common this sort of thing is. It's just unusual for it to happen to a popular person. People get fooled online constantly.

If he was the victim, this will not affect his draft stock at all

myles2424
01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Some of you don't realize how common this sort of thing is. It's just unusual for it to happen to a popular person. People get fooled online constantly.

If he was the victim, this will not affect his draft stock at all
Regardless, he still B.S'd the world....Even if hes the victim, he lied about many things...Sending flowers to a fake funeral,meeting her at stanford game,being in Hawai with her,etc....A guy lying & getting the worlds sympathy reflects on his character, teams want their MLB to be a leader, not a guy with potential mental problems....As youve said, he's a mid-late 1st round pick, regardless of the outcome id bet he gets out of the 1st...

slipknottin
01-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Regardless, he still B.S'd the world....Even if hes the victim, he lied about many things..

not to teams he hasent

myles2424
01-18-2013, 04:54 PM
not to teams he hasent
So you still believe he'll be a mid 1st?

slipknottin
01-18-2013, 04:56 PM
So you still believe he'll be a mid 1st?

Ive never thought otherwise. First 5 or so picks into the 2nd wouldnt shock me, but Ive maintainted for months that his range is somewhere mid-late 1st.

He is fortunate this draft is weak on top, or it would have pushed him further back, but yes, with the lack of top prospects, Te'o is one of the safest first round picks there is this year, even with the Bama showing and this fake gf nonsense.

alentown pa
01-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Ive never thought otherwise. First 5 or so picks into the 2nd wouldnt shock me, but Ive maintainted for months that his range is somewhere mid-late 1st.

He is fortunate this draft is weak on top, or it would have pushed him further back, but yes, with the lack of top prospects, Te'o is one of the safest first round picks there is this year, even with the Bama showing and this fake gf nonsense.

agreed and we wont take him...he isnt a 4-3 middle backer in this league..Im a big ND fan and watched every game of his career, he improved in coverage this year but is still very average at that...I don't know what scouts say about him but he is a bit over rated by the media...all that said if he was there in the 2nd for some reason it wouldnt kill me if they took him.

alentown pa
01-18-2013, 07:36 PM

agreed that it is a little strange but it gets blown up on ESPN just like they hyped him up as this great linebacker all year, truth is teams have taken chances on a lot worse imo.

greenca190
01-22-2013, 01:09 AM
I would be surprised if he goes in the first round. Some people have him projected to the Bills at pick number eight. It just seems that teams haven't placed as big of a priority on the linebacker position recently. I remember guys like Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, every USC linebacker to come out recently, being discussed on here during years past as potential Giants linebackers. Most of those guys went in the second to third round.

It's not that I don't see Manti being a good pro, I can't predict the future. But from looking at recent drafts, I wouldn't be shocked to see one of the most talked about linebacking prospects to go in the second round.