PDA

View Full Version : Who does this remind you of

slipknottin
01-18-2013, 09:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvMyJWJUE5g

The body type, the balance, the acceleration, the incredibly quick feet, even just the running style itself.

BigBlue1971
01-18-2013, 09:12 PM
in this case he looks exactly like Wilson!

Wilson seems to lean, cut and run the same as Faulk did in that vid!

Cool Papa B.
01-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah, him and David Wilson are the same type of RB. Same body type too. Maybe slightly bigger than Wilson.

BigBlueAllDay
01-18-2013, 09:13 PM
I'd say David Wilson in 2-3 years.

slipknottin
01-18-2013, 09:16 PM
I mean clearly Wilson has a ton he can improve, Faulk was masterful at reading off his blockers and setting them up, as well as being one of the best blocking and receiving backs of all time (if not the best).

But they are so similar physically, its stunning.

giantsfan420
01-18-2013, 09:29 PM
id say that approaching the LOS, and picking a hole and getting thru it, Aryan Foster looks very similar. In the open field, it always looked like Faulk was moving in slow motion compared to the action around him. like he was controlled in an uncontrolled, chaotic situation. That whole jump step complete stop shimmy then take off again, I mean that kinda move is 1 a generation imo.

I dunno bout wilson and faulk tho. that one run vs NE in the snow where he broke like 4 tackles by leaning forward off the impact, that run reminded me of wilson a lot. ive always felt like once in the 2nd level and beyond, Wilson reminds me a ton of Sayers (from the highlights, too young to have seen him play live).

giantsfan420
01-18-2013, 09:32 PM
if wilson can get the footwork down like Faulk, watch out...

Rusty192
01-18-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm so psyched about Wilson! This guy is gonna be the real deal. Im giddy for what he can do for this team.

Cloud57
01-18-2013, 10:03 PM
something I notice is that at the beginning of the season he just ran straight forward and didn't really have any patience but later on you could see he was more patient in his run, can't wait to see what he does next season. He needs to be the starter not just a change of pace RB

titwio
01-18-2013, 10:04 PM
I can see similarities speed wise and with one cut ability but Wilson has a lower center of gravity when he runs. Overall though, I can only hope Wilson becomes the complete back and receiver Marshall was. Marshall was good at everything.

Cool Papa B.
01-18-2013, 10:09 PM
id say that approaching the LOS, and picking a hole and getting thru it, Aryan Foster looks very similar. In the open field, it always looked like Faulk was moving in slow motion compared to the action around him. like he was controlled in an uncontrolled, chaotic situation. That whole jump step complete stop shimmy then take off again, I mean that kinda move is 1 a generation imo.

I dunno bout wilson and faulk tho. that one run vs NE in the snow where he broke like 4 tackles by leaning forward off the impact, that run reminded me of wilson a lot. ive always felt like once in the 2nd level and beyond, Wilson reminds me a ton of Sayers (from the highlights, too young to have seen him play live).

There's no RB that I've seen that reminds me of Sayers. Sayers was like an artist on the football field. Poetry in motion. He really was beautiful to watch the way he would run, stop and cut on a dime. He wasn't the greatest RB ever, but he had a style of his own.

juice33s
01-18-2013, 10:18 PM
One thing I'd like to know is how the NFL network only had him as #70 on their top 100.The guy owns the single season record for yards from scrimmage and was the best dual threat RB of all time, it might not even be close. If I was making an all time roster (of guy's I've seen), Marshall faulk woud be one of my 3 backs, the 99' version specifically. The other two would be:
2003 Jamal lewis- Nobody had a better combo of size and speed. the guy was bulit like a roided up GI Joe and looked menacing in those black raven uni's.
2012 Adrian Peterson- Never saw Jim Brown play, but I'm pretty sure this guy is as close as it gets...One of the All time greats

And Yes I've seen Barry, Emmitt and TD...For my team I like the other 3 guys better

Astorian
01-18-2013, 10:21 PM
There's no RB that I've seen that reminds me of Sayers. Sayers was like an artist on the football field. Poetry in motion. He really was beautiful to watch the way he would run, stop and cut on a dime. He wasn't the greatest RB ever, but he had a style of his own.

That's right. Sayers could be running at top speed and literally stop on a dime. And then take off again at full speed. I've never seen anyone else with that ability.

Rusty192
01-18-2013, 10:28 PM
One thing I'd like to know is how the NFL network only had him as #70 on their top 100.The guy owns the single season record for yards from scrimmage and was the best dual threat RB of all time, it might not even be close. If I was making an all time roster (of guy's I've seen), Marshall faulk woud be one of my 3 backs, the 99' version specifically. The other two would be:
2003 Jamal lewis- Nobody had a better combo of size and speed. the guy was bulit like a roided up GI Joe and looked menacing in those black raven uni's.
2012 Adrian Peterson- Never saw Jim Brown play, but I'm pretty sure this guy is as close as it gets...One of the All time greats

And Yes I've seen Barry, Emmitt and TD...For my team I like the other 3 guys betterGood list. Barry was better than Emmitt, hands down.

juice33s
01-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Good list. Barry was better than Emmitt, hands down.
The reason I picked the other 3 of these two Hall a famers is:
Emmitt- more a product of consistency and a dominating Oline then spectacular personal physical skills
Barry- Very spectacular phsyically but would be shutdown/a non factor for it seemed 8/10 runs a lot of the time

titwio
01-18-2013, 10:31 PM
The guy owns the single season record for yards from scrimmage

Not exactly sure but I think Chris Johnson broke that record in 2009.

Rat_bastich
01-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Good list. Barry was better than Emmitt, hands down.

Definitely. Barry left early when he lost love for the game. The guy was probably one of the most elusive backs I have seen in my lifetime. I liked Payton but I still think Barry would've gone down as the greatest if he would've stayed. The guy could stop, spin out and move in a totally different direction in no time.

KidA
01-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Wilson is a smooth and fast runner. He looks like a sports car out there.

He 'tweaks' his angles in a way that makes it seem like he is bending or curving his runs away from defenders. He turns more than he cuts, but he sometimes uses a bit of a bobble-juke like Bradshaw that can make would-be tacklers guess wrong. Runs downhill and doesn't need much of a hole to slip through. Very good acceleration and top speed.

I hope we see a lot more of him next year. He was very impressive in his debut season.

Marvelousmik
01-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Faulk definitely reminds me of barry sanders, then shady mccoy. Those type of moves and awareness in the open field is something that comes natural I'm not sure its something you learn, however if Wilson has it in him he will first have to become comfortable running the ball. He needs more carries so he can be used to the speed of the game.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-18-2013, 11:17 PM
maybe wilson should seek faulk out?

Baby Bulls
01-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Sayers, we, the Giants fans, should be so lucky. He was unbelievable, even if he ruined a fe seasons for the Giants.

GTGiantsFan
01-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Tiki Barber :)

slipknottin
01-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Tiki Barber :)

Tiki was a mental runner, fantastic at setting up and reading off blocks, but physically he was almost average. Had good speed, but not Wilson or Faulk type speed, and his balance was good, but not great.

I dont think Tiki ran with as much power either. And his stride was different, Tiki was much more a glider type runner, more like an Arian Foster.

Wilson and Faulk are a choppy runner, quick steps and short strides

Carter.525
01-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Wilson reminds me of DeAngelo Williams.. in a good way

primetime
01-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Marshall Faulk is in the discussion as the most complete running back this league has ever seen. He had no weaknesses at his position, he could have been a hof wr if he wanted to. He was great at reading defenses, it was almost like having a coach on the playing field. When we talk about the best running backs ever we seem to negate Marshall Faulk. Don't know why, his career was nothing short of phenomenal.
I think David Wilson had a bright future, has plenty of work ahead of him
But he will be up for the challenge.

Redeyejedi
01-19-2013, 09:59 PM
I mean clearly Wilson has a ton he can improve, Faulk was masterful at reading off his blockers and setting them up, as well as being one of the best blocking and receiving backs of all time (if not the best).

But they are so similar physically, its stunning. Wilsons instincts from what ive seen arent even close to Faulks. Physically speaking Wilson is the most talented back Ive ever seen play for the Giants

born blue
01-19-2013, 10:18 PM
something I notice is that at the beginning of the season he just ran straight forward and didn't really have any patience but later on you could see he was more patient in his run, can't wait to see what he does next season. He needs to be the starter not just a change of pace RBI agree. Faulk's stop/start ability was lethal because he had patience...he knew when to stop. His jump cut/change direction was also amazing. DW not close on either of these traits yet, but has the potential to improve and be really special. Remember big run off left tackle vs NO...that was patience and then pure speed. Speed he's got.