par404
01-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Should the Giants pick up Jackson.

Drez
01-18-2013, 11:17 PM
No.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-18-2013, 11:20 PM
on a reasonable one or two year deal to compliment Wilson assuming we could swing it? absolutely.

Rat_bastich
01-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Nope. I feel bad for the guy because he has always been a quiet guy on some bad teams, but I feel if the Giants brought anyone else in it would hinder the development of Wilson or any of our other young guys. Plus, salary cap would probably keep us from signing too many free agents in positions that we don't need.

Carter.525
01-18-2013, 11:23 PM
no.. bigger needs besides RB

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-18-2013, 11:49 PM
no.. bigger needs besides RB

actually with bradshaw's feet and browns injury history RB actually is a need. we were trotting guys out named torrain and lumpkin. there is no denying we missed the presence of a big back this year. our running game would be lethal. as far as it hindering wilson? I just don't see that,,the nfl is a two back league now unless you have an AP.

Flip Empty
01-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Should just get it out the way early and make threads for every single free agent-to-be.

Also, *Steven.

Carter.525
01-18-2013, 11:53 PM
actually with bradshaw's feet and browns injury history RB actually is a need. we were trotting guys out named torrain and lumpkin. there is no denying we missed the presence of a big back this year. our running game would be lethal. as far as it hindering wilson? I just don't see that,,the nfl is a two back league now unless you have an AP.

yea it is a two back league.. Giants have 3.. Bradshaw / Wilson / Brown

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-18-2013, 11:54 PM

I guess you didn't read the first line of my comment. let me simplify for you,,,it is a healthy 2 back league.

Carter.525
01-18-2013, 11:56 PM
I guess you didn't read the first line of my comment. let me simplify for you,,,it is a healthy 2 back league.

players do heal & get healthy in the offseason..

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-19-2013, 12:00 AM
players do heal & get healthy in the offseason..

bradshaw hasnt been healthy in 2 years, has chronic foot problems and might not be back,,,,,brown missed most of the 2010 season and all of the 2011 season with a blown achilles,,,and he missed 6 games this year with a knee. nothing to worry about here I guess.

Rat_bastich
01-19-2013, 12:09 AM

Don't forget Scott is still there somewhere. Maybe we'll see what he is made of and if he can bounce back from his injury. Well, maybe not back since he was never really there yet....

Mlerman17
01-19-2013, 12:33 AM
No we should resign Andre brown. Not an old running back with no future.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-19-2013, 12:37 AM

you mean the the running back who just completed his 8th 1000 yard season on a team that gives him zero support? and andre brown,,,the same guy who missed 6 games in 2010 and the entire season in 2011 due to an Achilles injury? which was followed up by missing 6 games this year due to a knee? what was I thinking.

22for25
01-19-2013, 04:30 AM
Yes, as long as both sides are happy with the money. Tell Bradshaw thanks for the memory's, I know a little harsh but I am a Giants fan not the NY (insert player name here) fan. Keep Brown for the time being, solidify the O and D linse get our WRs healthy and we are back in front.

Flip Empty
01-19-2013, 07:01 AM
They're both the same age (26).

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 07:38 AM
I don't think we need him.. We need a better interior Oline and RT, and to resign Beatty, and Wilson will start showing more. I 100pct think we need another Comp back, going forward, but theres guys in teh draft who can handle that...

ImElectric2
01-19-2013, 08:24 PM
you mean the the running back who just completed his 8th 1000 yard season on a team that gives him zero support? and andre brown,,,the same guy who missed 6 games in 2010 and the entire season in 2011 due to an Achilles injury? which was followed up by missing 6 games this year due to a knee? what was I thinking.

Haha. Boom! I gotta agree. Given the choice between Brown or Jackson I don't see how you don't go Jackson every time. Injuries would be a leading reason. Imagine Jackson splitting time with Wilson? It'd be a dirtier version of Jacobs/Bradshaw.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Haha. Boom! I gotta agree. Given the choice between Brown or Jackson I don't see how you don't go Jackson every time. Injuries would be a leading reason. Imagine Jackson splitting time with Wilson? It'd be a dirtier version of Jacobs/Bradshaw.

agreed my brotha,,but what the hell do i know?

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-19-2013, 10:24 PM
I don't think we need him.. We need a better interior Oline and RT, and to resign Beatty, and Wilson will start showing more. I 100pct think we need another Comp back, going forward, but theres guys in teh draft who can handle that...

not like jackson would,,a combo of jackson and wilson would be hard on opposing D's....jackson to wear down defenses and wilson to take advantage with his speed. that 4.35 he runs would look more like 3.35 after dealing with jackson.

par404
01-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Nope. I feel bad for the guy because he has always been a quiet guy on some bad teams, but I feel if the Giants brought anyone else in it would hinder the development of Wilson or any of our other young guys. Plus, salary cap would probably keep us from signing too many free agents in positions that we don't need.

Giants brought in OJ Anderson in Rodney Hampton's rookie year. The result - A Super Bowl.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Giants brought in OJ Anderson in Rodney Hampton's rookie year and the result - A Super Bowl

anybody who doesn't think steven jackson would bring our running game to the next level along with david wilson are just delusional. if he tests free agency, and if the price is right this is no brainer. a legit chance to play with a legit QB and offense would be very appealing to him.

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 12:24 AM
I like S Jax, always have.. Id just much rather address the RT situation or the terrible LB group.. I'll role with Wilson / Bradshaw / Brown

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-20-2013, 12:34 AM
I like S Jax, always have.. Id just much rather address the RT situation or the terrible LB group.. I'll role with Wilson / Bradshaw / Brown

and what if brown gets hurt, again,,,and bradshaw hasnt been healthy in a while. he was a detriment to the running game this year,,,what if it happens again next season?

slipknottin
01-20-2013, 12:39 AM

and scott. We have enough money invested in the HB position with bradshaw. Only way I would have interest in jackson is if bradshaw got released.

And I dont think investing money in a 30 year old HB is an intelligent plan for the future anyway.

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 12:39 AM
what if Locklear gets hurt..? oh wait.. what if Diehl sucks? oh yea.. what if the LBs cant make a play??

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-20-2013, 12:53 AM
and scott. We have enough money invested in the HB position with bradshaw. Only way I would have interest in jackson is if bradshaw got released.

And I dont think investing money in a 30 year old HB is an intelligent plan for the future anyway.

so paying a guy with 2 bad feet and was nothing short of a hindrance to the running game this year is intelligent? steven jackson right now is a better back than bradshaw ever was. he is durable and has plenty in the tank, and if he has the desire to keep playing,,its a no brainer. bradshaw is the odd man out, thank for the memories.

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 12:54 AM
S Jax isnt coming here for peanuts anyway.. Giants got no $$$

slipknottin
01-20-2013, 12:57 AM
so paying a guy with 2 bad feet and was nothing short of a hindrance to the running game this year is intelligent? steven jackson right now is a better back than bradshaw ever was. he is durable and has plenty in the tank, and if he has the desire to keep playing,,its a no brainer. bradshaw is the odd man out, thank for the memories.
And Jackson would also likely be significantly more expensive than Bradshaw. So either way. I don't have much interest in Jackson. There are better places to spend money than hb.

Rat_bastich
01-20-2013, 03:02 AM
Giants brought in OJ Anderson in Rodney Hampton's rookie year. The result - A Super Bowl.

Umm no, Ottis was there since 1986. coming from the St. Louis Cardinals. Hampton was drafted in 1990. Hampton was drafted as the heir to Anderson but was hurt after gaining 455 yards. The next year he took over HB duties in full with Anderson spelling him along with Tillman.