PDA

View Full Version : NY Giants: Despite Failure Of 2012, Still Much To Feel Good About

RoanokeFan
01-20-2013, 12:14 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/20/3894798/new-york-giants-championship-weekend-tom-coughlin-jerry-reese-eli-manning

Excerpt: "This has been a really boring month for New York Giants' fans. No playoff games to agonize over. No hiring or firings. Really, a whole lot of nothing going on.

Eight NFL teams have fired old coaches and hired new ones. Five teams have replaced general managers. I have completely lost track of the number of teams replacing offensive and defensive coordinators, but there are a slew of 'em.Change is all around the Giants. What, however, have the Giants done? Nothing, really.

Sure, the whirlwind of change has impacted the Giants. The Philadelphia Eagles have a new head coach, and they are interested in Giants' linebackers coach Jim Herrmann as a potential defensive coordinator. The Dallas Cowboys hired a new defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin. The Carolina Panthers hired Giants' Senior Pro Personnel Analyst Dave Gettleman as general manager, but the truth is Gettleman had reduced his role with the Giants over the past year." Read more...

ibbill
01-20-2013, 12:40 PM
It has been my observation that it takes a new coach or coordinators on D and O a couple of years to build the team the way they want them.

Unless of course your lucky enough to take over a team that was ready to contend aka 49'ers Harbaugh.

ibbill
01-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Excerpt: "This has been a really boring month for New York Giants' fans. No playoff games to agonize over. No hiring or firings. Really, a whole lot of nothing going on.

sigh.

RoanokeFan
01-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Chin up, we're really not that far off.

BigBlue1971
01-20-2013, 02:09 PM
i wish we couldve been there this year but its hard to play this game and win enough to make the playoffs!

with a little more consistency we couldve been there.

i anxiously look forward to next year and believe a 12-13 win season is a possibility!

Buddy333
01-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Get a RT, stay healthy, and get the good Eli next year and they can make the post season. Add some defensive players in the draft.

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Not with Chip "the destroyer" Kelly in the division. Oh nooooo!!!!

TheBookOfEli
01-20-2013, 03:28 PM
It has been my observation that it takes a new coach or coordinators on D and O a couple of years to build the team the way they want them.

Unless of course your lucky enough to take over a team that was ready to contend aka 49'ers Harbaugh.

We are ready to contend.

gmen46
01-20-2013, 03:38 PM

http://youtu.be/CYLGdzZ5XkA

RoanokeFan
01-20-2013, 04:28 PM

He's never even been an assistant in the NFL. Are we giving him a crown a little too soon?

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 04:33 PM
He's never even been an assistant in the NFL. Are we giving him a crown a little too soon?No Roa, he's the destroyer!!!!

Lmao, can anyone else believe he got a 5 year, 30+ million dollar deal?

TheEnigma
01-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Should be very interesting when Kelly installs jet packs inside of his players.

ibbill
01-20-2013, 06:37 PM
No Roa, he's the destroyer!!!!

Lmao, can anyone else believe he got a 5 year, 30+ million dollar deal?

5 year 30 mil really. Wait until he has to deal with the prima dona players. No more yes sir no sir like the college kids.More like say what.lol

gmen0820
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
5 year 30 mil really. Wait until he has to deal with the prima dona players. No more yes sir no sir like the college kids.More like say what.lolThat'll be Schiano's problem. Kelly will have to transition too, but it won't be as steep a curve.

mike kennedy
01-20-2013, 08:53 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/20/3894798/new-york-giants-championship-weekend-tom-coughlin-jerry-reese-eli-manning

Eight NFL teams have fired old coaches and hired new ones. Five teams have replaced general managers. I have completely lost track of the number of teams replacing offensive and defensive coordinators, but there are a slew of 'em.Change is all around the Giants. What, however, have the Giants done? Nothing, really.

Sure, the whirlwind of change has impacted the Giants. The Philadelphia Eagles have a new head coach, and they are interested in Giants' linebackers coach Jim Herrmann as a potential defensive coordinator. The Dallas Cowboys hired a new defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin. The Carolina Panthers hired Giants' Senior Pro Personnel Analyst Dave Gettleman as general manager, but the truth is Gettleman had reduced his role with the Giants over the past year." Read more...

I'm still not happy that the Giants are not in the play offs so there is nothing to be happy about from this end! Your happy about the 2nd half downfall? I was not happy this time and I was not happy the other times. Our defense quit and GIlbride killed our offense with his typical play calling from the dice box of the 70's. Yes , Gillbriliant has his followers who always refer to his great Super bowl game plans! The great offensive plans where they won by a total of 7 points combined. Or should I say, an average of 2 1/2 touchdowns a game scored!
That's not exactly off the charts offense.
I really hope TC retires with class next year and then we get someone young with new ideas to take over. Old school does not exist in the game anymore.

joemorrisforprez
01-20-2013, 10:59 PM
If the Giants sit on their hands again with respect to offensive line and linebackers, I'll be expecting an 8-8 season next year.