PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone be rooting for the Ravens?

jax5338
01-20-2013, 06:16 PM
I hope they never win another game! I'm still bitter about the beating we got from them in 2001. It crushed my childhood dreams until 2007. That and I can't see how anybody admires Ray Lewis. Good football player, but in my mind a lucky criminal and huge phony.

Don't wanna see Jim Harbaugh win, or see the Ravens win. Guess I'm rooting for te Pats now. Yuck.

Ruttiger711
01-20-2013, 06:21 PM
For me, its not the same ravens team by any means from 2000 (or giants for that matter) so it easy to detach myself from that loss to their present day success.

Pats win the SB this year and you watch how their fans will just gloss over the 2 superbowl losses to the Giants as they claim a 2-decade dynasty.

giantyankee1976
01-20-2013, 06:26 PM
For me, its not the same ravens team by any means from 2000 (or giants for that matter) so it easy to detach myself from that loss to their present day success.

Pats win the SB this year and you watch how their fans will just gloss over the 2 superbowl losses to the Giants as they claim a 2-decade dynasty.

lesser of two evils.

when they thrashed us we had Fassel and Kerry Collins.

since then Coughlin and Eli won us two more SB's and the Ravens won squat.

if the pats win another, the love fest would be sickening...

Ray Lewis is a hell of an ILB/Mike and since Tony G won't retire a SB champ, why not Ray Ray?

jax5338
01-20-2013, 06:32 PM
lesser of two evils.

when they thrashed us we had Fassel and Kerry Collins.

since then Coughlin and Eli won us two more SB's and the Ravens won squat.

if the pats win another, the love fest would be sickening...

Ray Lewis is a hell of an ILB/Mike and since Tony G won't retire a SB champ, why not Ray Ray?

Because "Ray Ray" should be in jail if you ask me. And Idc how long ago it was, Ill forever despise the Ravens. Plus their colors/jerseys are hideous

Toadofsteel
01-20-2013, 08:24 PM

This times 1000. I do NOT want to hear all this media love-fest crowning Brady as the next Montana when he's NOT this messiah figure that people claim him to be...

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 08:48 PM
poo poo the Ravens..

jax5338
01-20-2013, 08:57 PM
This times 1000. I do NOT want to hear all this media love-fest crowning Brady as the next Montana when he's NOT this messiah figure that people claim him to be...

I still don't see what's so bad about Brady that people seem to be pulling for Ray Lewis over him. At least he never killed anybody.

Ruttiger711
01-20-2013, 09:34 PM
I still don't see what's so bad about Brady that people seem to be pulling for Ray Lewis over him. At least he never killed anybody.Brady didn't do himself any favors tonight by trying to Kung-fu Reed's knee.

jax5338
01-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Brady didn't do himself any favors tonight by trying to Kung-fu Reed's knee.

Looked like a dirty play but not exactly comparable to MURDER lol

Ruttiger711
01-21-2013, 07:27 AM
Looked like a dirty play but not exactly comparable to MURDER lolNo of course not, still has me wondering what the hell he was thinking though.

Sarcasman
01-21-2013, 01:39 PM
I hope they never win another game! I'm still bitter about the beating we got from them in 2001. It crushed my childhood dreams until 2007. That and I can't see how anybody admires Ray Lewis. Good football player, but in my mind a lucky criminal and huge phony.

Don't wanna see Jim Harbaugh win, or see the Ravens win. Guess I'm rooting for te Pats now. Yuck.

I'm rooting for the Ravens.

OVerall I find them less objectionable that the 49ers.

The Ravens have been good for years and things have finally fallen into place for them. I don't buy into the whole media rewrite of Lewis' history but whatever...the media always gives great athletes a free pass, certainly LT got more than his share.

The Niners are another story. 2 years away from complete irrelevance that lasted over a decade and they act like they've built themselves up from nothing with all odds against them as opposed to the reality of they should have been good years ago had they not effed it up so badly. Further, their fans are laughably unknowledgeable......many, many cases of small man overcompensating going on with that team starting with the coach and continuing through most of their fans.

jax5338
01-21-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm rooting for the Ravens.

OVerall I find them less objectionable that the 49ers.

The Ravens have been good for years and things have finally fallen into place for them. I don't buy into the whole media rewrite of Lewis' history but whatever...the media always gives great athletes a free pass, certainly LT got more than his share.

The Niners are another story. 2 years away from complete irrelevance that lasted over a decade and they act like they've built themselves up from nothing with all odds against them as opposed to the reality of they should have been good years ago had they not effed it up so badly. Further, their fans are laughably unknowledgeable......many, many cases of small man overcompensating going on with that team starting with the coach and continuing through most of their fans.

I can definitely see how people hate the 49ers. I can't stand Harbaugh or Lewis so it isn't a happy scenario for me but I just can't get beyond the phoniness of Lewis. All in all my hopes for the game are to hit for some money on my boxes because its a lose-lose for me as far as my rooting interest goes.

Cool Papa B.
01-21-2013, 07:06 PM

I'm a Giants fan thru-and-thru, but I have to be honest; The Ravens defense was great and I didn't feel to confident of the Giants cgances that night.

As annoying as Ray Lewis can be, I would rather see the Ravens win than the 49ers. It's the lesser of 2 evils IMO.

AllHailEli
01-21-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm rooting for the Ravens. Don't like the Niners coach, and I'm not sure I like Kaepernick either. When was the last time a QB is actually penalized for taunting?

TCHOF
01-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Ray Lewis' act is getting overblown to the point that I'm embarrassed for him. Crying during the star-spangled banner when he knew all the cameras were on him and falling down on all fours in the middle of the field when the game was over . . . it all seems very calculated and over-the-top

Cool Papa B.
01-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Because "Ray Ray" should be in jail if you ask me. And Idc how long ago it was, Ill forever despise the Ravens. Plus their colors/jerseys are hideous

Wes Welker's wife agrees with you:

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" Burns Welker said in a since-deleted post on her personal Facebook page.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8867098

Of course later on she apologizes.

giantyankee1976
01-21-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm rooting for the Ravens. Don't like the Niners coach, and I'm not sure I like Kaepernick either. When was the last time a QB is actually penalized for taunting?

Philthy Rivers (re: Cutler) ?

greenca190
01-22-2013, 01:39 AM

What evidence do you have to throw him in jail?

The guy was never convicted. Friends of a friend of a friend. He was in the wrong area at the wrong time.

I love the story of the Ravens. A team who consistently couldn't get past their divisional rival in Pittsburgh. Finally got them out of the way, only to run into the Patriots both years in the Conference championship. Lose the first one, win the second one. They are the definition of a team, and their defensive captains have seemed to have been playing together forever.

The Ray Lewis attention is painful to watch. Watching all the attention he has been receiving only increases how badly I want to see Ed Reed win a super bowl before retiring.

TCHOF
01-22-2013, 06:13 AM

The guy was never convicted. Friends of a friend of a friend. He was in the wrong area at the wrong time.

I love the story of the Ravens. A team who consistently couldn't get past their divisional rival in Pittsburgh. Finally got them out of the way, only to run into the Patriots both years in the Conference championship. Lose the first one, win the second one. They are the definition of a team, and their defensive captains have seemed to have been playing together forever.

The Ray Lewis attention is painful to watch. Watching all the attention he has been receiving only increases how badly I want to see Ed Reed win a super bowl before retiring.

He actually pled guilty to obstruction of justice.

One of the dead guy's blood was found in his limo and the white suit he wore that night disappeared and was never recovered. Those murders remain unsolved to this day.

Don't fall for the media's attempt to make this guy into a saint. He is a real bad guy.

Ruttiger711
01-22-2013, 09:40 AM
He actually pled guilty to obstruction of justice.

One of the dead guy's blood was found in his limo and the white suit he wore that night disappeared and was never recovered. Those murders remain unsolved to this day.

Don't fall for the media's attempt to make this guy into a saint. He is a real bad guy.

While both bad, I feel there's a huge difference between knowing what happened vs ACTUALLY committing the murder.

I dont fall for the sainthood, but if and when the truth ever comes out I dont think he's the "murderer" he's labeled with being.

TCHOF
01-22-2013, 09:54 AM
While both bad, I feel there's a huge difference between knowing what happened vs ACTUALLY committing the murder.

I dont fall for the sainthood, but if and when the truth ever comes out I dont think he's the "murderer" he's labeled with being.

How would anyone know what he did or didn't do, since he won't tell us what happened that night? No one has ever been charged for those murders.

I'm guessing that he probably didn't do the murders himself, but it's nothing more than a guess.

Ruttiger711
01-22-2013, 10:05 AM
How would anyone know what he did or didn't do, since he won't tell us what happened that night? No one has ever been charged for those murders.

I'm guessing that he probably didn't do the murders himself, but it's nothing more than a guess.

Well thats kind of the point, people who are anti-Lewis easily attach the "murderer" tag to him when in reality they know nothing.

Not as glamorous to call him "obstructor".

bansaw
01-22-2013, 04:19 PM
their Defense reminds me of ours in the Parcells days

I have hated the 49ers for a very long time....FUUUU JIM BURT

jax5338
01-22-2013, 09:40 PM

He got off because key evidence was missing. Read about the case, the white suit he wore that night has never been recovered. It "vanished." He took a plea bargain for obstruction of justice and sold out his friends. Nobody else has ever been tried for the murder. And he also gives money to the victims family. Perhaps he feels guilty?