PDA

View Full Version : As Giants fans...

ImElectric2
01-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Do we have a logical team to root for of the 3 remaining? I feel its the Patriots as the Ravens beat us in 2000 (which ill never forgive/forget) and the 49ers talked smack about our being in the Super Bowl last year and complained that we celebrated too loud after winning. With the Pats they already have a legacy in place for being the best franchise during the last 10+ years, plus the fact that we've beaten them twice another S.B. ring will make our victories all the more impressive. Plus I don't want to give the 49ers more fodder for last year (ie "we'd have been repeat champs if not for the Giants getting lucky...." B.s., I know, but they'll still say it).What do you guys all think?

Rudyy
01-20-2013, 07:31 PM
The Giants aren't in the playoffs?

ny06
01-20-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm rooting for the Canton Bulldogs...

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Im rooting for Phoenix Online vs the Harlem Globetrotters

BleedinBlue72
01-20-2013, 08:59 PM
LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Redeyejedi
01-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Im rooting for the Ravens the players on the 2000 team are gone besides Lewis. I cant stand the 49er fans they acted like complete children last year and I dont want Brady to get another Super Bowl so Eli can tie or pass him some day

AllHailEli
01-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Im rooting for the Ravens the players on the 2000 team are gone besides Lewis. I cant stand the 49er fans they acted like complete children last year and I dont want Brady to get another Super Bowl so Eli can tie or pass him some day

WORD!

Baby Bulls
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm not watching the Super Bowl, can't stand the 49'ers, particularly their coach. As for the Ravens, I still have this nagging issue with Ray Lewis and the unsolved murder during the 2000 Super Bowl, so don't think I can root for them either. Besides, we now have to listen and read, if we choose, about a "brother's" Super Bowl. When is the draft :-).

TroyArcher
01-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Don't care wont be watching.

Toadofsteel
01-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Honestly at this point i'd root for the niners. We demolished them. Remember when we demolished the Broncos in 1998?

Edit: after some thought i've changed my mind about this. Flacco is a lot like Eli with regards to his demeanor and willingness to improve while everyone around him derides him as mediocre. Man has made a lot of nice passes lately. That has pushed me into the Ravens camp more than Lewis or Harbaugh...

Cloud57
01-20-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm not watching the Super Bowl, can't stand the 49'ers, particularly their coach. As for the Ravens, I still have this nagging issue with Ray Lewis and the unsolved murder during the 2000 Super Bowl, so don't think I can root for them either. Besides, we now have to listen and read, if we choose, about a "brother's" Super Bowl. When is the draft :-).close your ears and don't read anything lol

ImElectric2
01-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Im rooting for the Ravens the players on the 2000 team are gone besides Lewis. I cant stand the 49er fans they acted like complete children last year and I dont want Brady to get another Super Bowl so Eli can tie or pass him some dayI feel that way too (now that the pats are out), but I keep coming back to hating Flacco really hard. I feel like when he made his elite comment in his head it was like "Eli said it and won a super bowl...its bound to work for me in the same fashion." I hate the niners equally though for last year and how they act like champs when they haven't done anything. Yet anyway.

EJ Blue
01-20-2013, 11:53 PM
I like the Niners. They have sn***y uniforms.

edit:
Dear boards.giants.com, sn@zzy is not a curse word. It can be used by children in kindergarten. Example, "Hey Eli, that sure is a sn@zzy backpack you're wearing. You'll be the coolest kid in school."

miked1958
01-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Honestly at this point i'd root for the niners. We demolished them. Remember when we demolished the Broncos in 1998?i also remember beating Pittsburgh and the cardinals pretty good the year they were both in SB

GiantRoc
01-21-2013, 02:13 AM
As a Giants fan.... I'm glad the NHL is playing again.

BurnerNYG
01-21-2013, 03:24 AM
Before I was a Giants fan as a kid, all I remember is Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott and Jerry Rice. It seemed like they were in Superbowl every year. I remember my mom throwing parties and watching the games. I liked San Fran until my big cuz moved from New York and introduced me to the NFC East.

I didn't know a whole lot about football back then but I was definitely interested in the sport. I fell in love with the Gmen when they beat Buffalo in the Superbowl... it was a helluva game with a spectacular finish and Whitney Houston singing the National Anthem gave me goosebumps. With all that being said, I have history with the Niners so I'll be rooting for them.

As far as the people talking about Ray Lewis and that murder case... he was found innocent and he seems like a genuine, God fearing man. If he wins I wouldn't be that disappointed but what upsets me is people judging him after he was already judged in a court of law and proven innocent. Stop trying to play God because none of us knows what happened that night BUT God.

Flip Empty
01-21-2013, 03:33 AM
I like the Niners. They have sn***y uniforms.

edit:
Dear boards.giants.com, sn@zzy is not a curse word. It can be used by children in kindergarten. Example, "Hey Eli, that sure is a sn@zzy backpack you're wearing. You'll be the coolest kid in school."
It's censored because it sort of looks like the other word for arse. The kindergarten kids who frequent this forum would be scarred for life.

Out of Exile
01-21-2013, 05:41 AM
I like Kaep and his style of play is exciting. Rather see an NFC team win anyway. But being a Rutgers student I would not mind seeing Ray Rice get a ring either. I guess I don't really care who wins the SB but I sure as hell will be watching.

Baby Bulls
01-21-2013, 09:10 AM
He was never found innocent, there were never any charges and he paid a civil case settlement to the families involved. Therefore, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this subject.

DandyDon
01-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Before I was a Giants fan as a kid, all I remember is Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott and Jerry Rice. It seemed like they were in Superbowl every year. I remember my mom throwing parties and watching the games. I liked San Fran until my big cuz moved from New York and introduced me to the NFC East.

I didn't know a whole lot about football back then but I was definitely interested in the sport. I fell in love with the Gmen when they beat Buffalo in the Superbowl... it was a helluva game with a spectacular finish and Whitney Houston singing the National Anthem gave me goosebumps. With all that being said, I have history with the Niners so I'll be rooting for them.

As far as the people talking about Ray Lewis and that murder case... he was found innocent and he seems like a genuine, God fearing man. If he wins I wouldn't be that disappointed but what upsets me is people judging him after he was already judged in a court of law and proven innocent. Stop trying to play God because none of us knows what happened that night BUT God.

He wasnt proven innocent in a court of law. He was given a plea bargin in exchange for testifying against his buddies. You are correct that nobody here knows what happened that night, but you dont destroy evidence and lie to the cops if you are innocent. Just sayin...

GameTime
01-21-2013, 09:12 AM
I have no problem rooting for either one of these teams. I think the Niners win handly. Prob will root for the Ravens....

Kruunch
01-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Just rooting for a great game.

Ravens are looking like the team of destiny this year but both teams match up really well (although the Ravens have issues with mobile QBs).

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 09:35 AM
C'mon Ravens..

BurnerNYG
01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
He wasnt proven innocent in a court of law. He was given a plea bargin in exchange for testifying against his buddies. You are correct that nobody here knows what happened that night, but you dont destroy evidence and lie to the cops if you are innocent. Just sayin...I'm saying... is he in jail? If he did anything wrong, he'll answer for his sins like every man will.

ShakeandBake
01-21-2013, 12:26 PM

So destroying evidence and threatening witnesses is an indication of innocence? Who really cares about his religious beliefs, plenty of people who have claimed to be men of god have killed before, and that holds no water in trying to determine whether or not someone has the potential to kill someone.

BurnerNYG
01-21-2013, 12:33 PM
So destroying evidence and threatening witnesses is an indication of innocence? Who really cares about his religious beliefs, plenty of people who have claimed to be men of god have killed before, and that holds no water in trying to determine whether or not someone has the potential to kill someone.Ok Judge Shakeandbake.

ShakeandBake
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Ok Judge Shakeandbake.

Nope, just common sense and facts

BurnerNYG
01-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Nope, just common sense and factsI forgot you were there that night and was with him when he destroyed the evidence.

ShakeandBake
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
I forgot you were there that night and was with him when he destroyed the evidence.

Casey Anthony and OJ are innocent too right?

BurnerNYG
01-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Casey Anthony and OJ are innocent too right?There are always cover ups in certain crimes or people not wanting to be a rat and so on and so on. You and I will never know the truth behind most of these crimes because we weren't there, we're not lawyers or cops and we didn't investigate the crime scene or the people affiliated with it. Who the hell is talking about OJ or Anthony? Stay on the subject please because all I see from you message board judges is a reason not to like someone when your evidence is just as clear as mine because neither of us was there.

ShakeandBake
01-21-2013, 01:27 PM
There are always cover ups in certain crimes or people not wanting to be a rat and so on and so on. You and I will never know the truth behind most of these crimes because we weren't there, we're not lawyers or cops and we didn't investigate the crime scene or the people affiliated with it. Who the hell is talking about OJ or Anthony? Stay on the subject please because all I see from you message board judges is a reason not to like someone when your evidence is just as clear as mine because neither of us was there.

You could use the "we don't know because we weren't there" argument for anything. The reason I used OJ and Casey Anthony as a comparison is because it was clear they were involved, just like it was clear that Ray was involved, it's pretty obvious. The argument that they weren't convinced so they aren't guilty is ridiculous because our legal system is not perfect. I'm not going to go in to the particulars of Ray's case, the info is out there and he was involved. The media attention this guy gets is sickening, there are other great players on the Ravens that aren't complete pieces of garbage who should be showcased instead.

BurnerNYG
01-21-2013, 01:32 PM
You could use the "we don't know because we weren't there" argument for anything. The reason I used OJ and Casey Anthony as a comparison is because it was clear they were involved, just like it was clear that Ray was involved, it's pretty obvious. The argument that they weren't convinced so they aren't guilty is ridiculous because our legal system is not perfect. I'm not going to go in to the particulars of Ray's case, the info is out there and he was involved. The media attention this guy gets is sickening, there are other great players on the Ravens that aren't complete pieces of garbage who should be showcased instead.I don't wanna talk to you no more... ------> Go that way because you sound jealous

ShakeandBake
01-21-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't wanna talk to you no more... ------> Go that way because you sound jealous

Nice retort, then again I wouldn't expect an intelligent response from someone who blindly follows people.

G-MANning4Life
01-21-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm more so rooting for the Niners to lose the Superbowl, not necessarily the Ravens to win.

BurnerNYG
01-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Nice retort, then again I wouldn't expect an intelligent response from someone who blindly follows people.Oh ok, now I see. This conversation is much bigger that Ray Lewis. You're upset about politics. My friend don't be deceived because intelligence is something I do not lack.

ShakeandBake
01-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Oh ok, now I see. This conversation is much bigger that Ray Lewis. You're upset about politics. My friend don't be deceived because intelligence is something I do not lack.

Whatever you say, this conversation has gone nowhere considering you continue to ignore the evidence and the facts of the case.

BurnerNYG
01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
The conversation hasn't gone no where because it doesn't matter. Ben Roethlisberger was accused of rape several times but I don't know the full details so I don't call him Rapistberger or some nonsense like that because as far as I know he could've been setup. Now as far as Ray Lewis, do you think he cares what you think about him? He has millions in the bank and I highly doubt that he's logged into a message board talking about either of our lives. I was just expressing my opinion... I didn't follow his case, didn't care.

ShakeandBake
01-22-2013, 03:52 PM
The conversation hasn't gone no where because it doesn't matter. Ben Roethlisberger was accused of rape several times but I don't know the full details so I don't call him Rapistberger or some nonsense like that because as far as I know he could've been setup. Now as far as Ray Lewis, do you think he cares what you think about him? He has millions in the bank and I highly doubt that he's logged into a message board talking about either of our lives. I was just expressing my opinion... I didn't follow his case, didn't care.

Then why even discuss the issue? Why are you even on a message board? What the hell does Ray Lewis bank account or whether or not here cares we are discussing him have to do with his involvement?

BurnerNYG
01-22-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm just saying... I don't know where you wanted the conversation to go? He went to court, they let him go and that was that. He'll answer but not to me.

ShakeandBake
01-22-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm just saying... I don't know where you wanted the conversation to go? He went to court, they let him go and that was that. He'll answer but not to me.

I just don't think he deserves the attention considering what he has done, I know there are other people like him in the league like Rothlisberger as you mentioned. I just do not like how the media is drooling over him, they should drool over someone else who can be more of a role model imo.

Drystt
01-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Unfortunately football is dead to me until the training camp.