PDA

View Full Version : Brady better retire soon

TroyArcher
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
He has been a choke job in the playoffs now for quite some time.

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 09:34 PM
false

TroyArcher
01-20-2013, 09:36 PM
false

Prove it. 9 point favorite at home and all you can muster is 13 points? I am not a Brady hater but he has playoff record has not been good lately.

Medisleman
01-20-2013, 09:52 PM
If this keeps up Brady and Belichick could hold the record for most losses in the Championship game and Superbowl combined, lol.

BuffyBlueII
01-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Didn't Tom Brady just take his team a lot further than Eli Manning took us this year?

Giantz4Life
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Didn't Tom Brady just take his team a lot further than Eli Manning took us this year?

Bingo

TroyArcher
01-20-2013, 10:03 PM

I am talking about the playoffs. Brady is unbelieveable in the regualar season but has come up short in the playoffs for quite some time.

TCHOF
01-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Now I've heard everything.

Toadofsteel
01-20-2013, 10:17 PM

Nobody is comparing Eli to Joe Montana.

Rusty192
01-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Didn't Tom Brady just take his team a lot further than Eli Manning took us this year?I'm now convinced that you have a severe Brady obsession, and are the most flip-floppy 'Eli homer' ever.

BuffyBlueII
01-20-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm now convinced that you have a severe Brady obsession, and are the most flip-floppy 'Eli homer' ever.I am now convinced that you know nothong about football.Our team did not even make it to playoffs and folks are making threads that a QB that just took his team to AFC Championship should retire. So, should Eli retire for not getting us to playoffs?

Rusty192
01-21-2013, 12:14 AM
I am now convinced that you know nothong about football.Our team did not even make it to playoffs and folks are making threads that a QB that just took his team to AFC Championship should retire. So, should Eli retire for not getting us to playoffs?No offense, but what I said has nothing to do with "knowing anything about football." You definitely have a huge man-crush on Brady, and overreact about anything involving him.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 12:19 AM
the days of brady and the pats having this air of invincibility are long gone,,they are ripe for the picking on any given sunday.

BuffyBlueII
01-21-2013, 12:27 AM
No offense, but what I said has nothing to do with "knowing anything about football." You definitely have a huge man-crush on Brady, and overreact about anything involving him.

No I don't. It is just overwhelmingly stupid how folks seem to always cry about how "Brady is done" and "Brady needs to retire" etc....etc.......... everytime he doesn't win a game. Tom Brady just had a better regular season than our QB has ever had and our fans are starting threads that he should retire because he lost a playoff game?

Going by the OPs logic, should Eli retire because he has failed 2 times now to successfully defend our SuperBowl Title? I can answer both by stating that no Tom Brady should not retire and no, Eli Manning should not retire.

While we are on the subject, should Peyton Manning retire after pulling another epic playoff choke this year?

GMEN86900711
01-21-2013, 04:48 AM
The Patriots are the globetrotters of the AFC East, they fluff their winning percentage every year with that powderpuff schedule, and then get exposed against battle tested teams in the playoffs.

Granted, Brady is a great QB and Belichick is a great coach, but their ridiculous records each year are skewed. For instance, in '11 they went 13-3 but didn't defeat a single team that would finish above .500 until edging the Ravens in the AFC championship. The 2 teams that they faced that would finish above .500, they lost to in succession before winning out the rest of the regular season.

This is reminiscent of '07 in that they scored at a record setting pace, but were brought back down to reality in the playoffs. 13 points at home?

Flip Empty
01-21-2013, 05:14 AM
Their lack of a defense keeps killing them, they can't stop anyone.

Die-Hard
01-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Are people seriously questioning the Patriots and/or Brady? They are practically guaranteed to be contenders each and every season. So they lost a playoff game. Every team loses games. Should the entire NFL fold?

Come on

gumby74
01-21-2013, 09:27 AM
wow. just wow.

TroyArcher
01-21-2013, 01:41 PM
I am now convinced that you know nothong about football.Our team did not even make it to playoffs and folks are making threads that a QB that just took his team to AFC Championship should retire. So, should Eli retire for not getting us to playoffs?

I was joking but in case you have not noticed Eli has 2 SB trophies and MVP's in the past 6 years and I believe Brady has not won a SB in 10 years.

TroyArcher
01-21-2013, 01:44 PM
No I don't. It is just overwhelmingly stupid how folks seem to always cry about how "Brady is done" and "Brady needs to retire" etc....etc.......... everytime he doesn't win a game. Tom Brady just had a better regular season than our QB has ever had and our fans are starting threads that he should retire because he lost a playoff game?

Going by the OPs logic, should Eli retire because he has failed 2 times now to successfully defend our SuperBowl Title? I can answer both by stating that no Tom Brady should not retire and no, Eli Manning should not retire.

While we are on the subject, should Peyton Manning retire after pulling another epic playoff choke this year?

I was being sarcastic but trying to make a point that Brady has ultimately failed for quite some time when it comes to winning the ultimate goal of the SuperBowl. Your hatred of the Manning's is quite transparent.

BuffyBlueII
01-21-2013, 02:17 PM
I was being sarcastic but trying to make a point that Brady has ultimately failed for quite some time when it comes to winning the ultimate goal of the SuperBowl. Your hatred of the Manning's is quite transparent.

I have no hatred of Manning at all. In fact, Eli Manning is my favorite NY Giant of all time. It doesn’t mean I am not going to call it like it is. I was putting the scenarios out there based on your own logic that you used in this post. It is not surprising that your response is that my “hatred of the Manning’s is quite transparent” because I bring up true and valid points.

Peyton Manning did choke again in the playoffs this year. By your own logic, he should retire. I don’t think that he should.

Eli Manning did fail to lead NY Giants to successfully defend SuperBowl Title for the second time. By your own logic, he should retire. I don’t think that he should.

Tom Brady just had a better regular season than Eli Manning has ever had. He brought his team to AFC Championship Game while our team watched the playoffs from home this year. By your own logic, Eli Manning should retire. I don’t think that he should.

It doesn’t mean that I have hatred for someone because I call it like it is. I love Eli Manning and think Peyton is swell too. I also like Tom Brady. I don’t like Aaron Roders and I don’t like Ben Rapistfatburger. Guess what? Aaron Rodgers and Ben Rapistfatburger are both great QBs. Like or dislike. Love or hate has something to do with who I cheer for but doesn’t have anything to do with wheter or not someone is bad, good, great, ELIte or whatever.

Some would state that you topic and content of your post is indicative of a deep rooted jealousy of Tom Brady or a “transparent hatred” of the guy.

TroyArcher
01-21-2013, 07:49 PM
I have no hatred of Manning at all. In fact, Eli Manning is my favorite NY Giant of all time. It doesn’t mean I am not going to call it like it is. I was putting the scenarios out there based on your own logic that you used in this post. It is not surprising that your response is that my “hatred of the Manning’s is quite transparent” because I bring up true and valid points.

Peyton Manning did choke again in the playoffs this year. By your own logic, he should retire. I don’t think that he should.

Eli Manning did fail to lead NY Giants to successfully defend SuperBowl Title for the second time. By your own logic, he should retire. I don’t think that he should.

Tom Brady just had a better regular season than Eli Manning has ever had. He brought his team to AFC Championship Game while our team watched the playoffs from home this year. By your own logic, Eli Manning should retire. I don’t think that he should.

It doesn’t mean that I have hatred for someone because I call it like it is. I love Eli Manning and think Peyton is swell too. I also like Tom Brady. I don’t like Aaron Roders and I don’t like Ben Rapistfatburger. Guess what? Aaron Rodgers and Ben Rapistfatburger are both great QBs. Like or dislike. Love or hate has something to do with who I cheer for but doesn’t have anything to do with wheter or not someone is bad, good, great, ELIte or whatever.

Some would state that you topic and content of your post is indicative of a deep rooted jealousy of Tom Brady or a “transparent hatred” of the guy.

As I stated earlier I was being sarcastic. I am probably one of the few Giants fans that actually likes Brady.

Flip Empty
01-21-2013, 10:16 PM
I like him, too. I don't really "hate" any player.

TroyArcher
01-22-2013, 02:03 PM
I like him, too. I don't really "hate" any player.

I hate Ray Lewis but for what he did off the field.

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 02:10 PM
I hate Ray Lewis but for what he did off the field.

I hate Switchblade Ray too. I also hate Dave Megget. Both for what they did off the field.

Martyr
01-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Tom Brady is still one of the best in the game, he's been carring the Pats for years without a defense

gmen0820
01-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Eli should retire, missing the playoffs three of the past four years.... :-O

JPP
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM

Oh it is not transparent in my case.........Brady sucks!

To be fair I hated him long before he ever faced us, couldn't take the knob slobbing in their heyday or now for that matter. Plus they haven't been as good since spygate and that is very indicative as to how it helped them.

giantscolombia
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Wes Welker keeps dropping balls like he did against us....

he's a scrub. He makes Brady look bad.

BuffyBlueII
01-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Oh it is not transparent in my case.........Brady sucks!

To be fair I hated him long before he ever faced us, couldn't take the knob slobbing in their heyday or now for that matter. Plus they haven't been as good since spygate and that is very indicative as to how it helped them.

Yeah. He led his team to the AFC Championship Game this year while our QB led ours to watching the playoff from home this year.

gmen0820
01-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Plus they haven't been as good since spygate and that is very indicative as to how it helped them.Yeah, good point. What's Brady's record since Spygate? Around 70-20?

You're right, what a drop-off...

shocknaweny
01-31-2013, 02:24 PM

agreed.....be nice to be the #1 seed for a change instead of having to do everything the impossible way

Toadofsteel
01-31-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't think Brady should retire nor do I think he's anything lower than really good, but I want the media to forever STOP calling him the next Montana. That's all I want. Brady is NOT the greatest of all time, and he should stop strutting around like he is, since it just makes him look like a major ******.

easterbeast
01-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Yeah. He led his team to the AFC Championship Game this year while our QB led ours to watching the playoff from home this year.

as a fan...............i think i might like to see my team not make the playoffs than lose in the championship game.

BuffyBlueII
01-31-2013, 04:02 PM
as a fan...............i think i might like to see my team not make the playoffs than lose in the championship game.

Not me. If we make playoffs and lose it is better than not making them.

bigblue58
02-09-2013, 11:02 AM

Eli and the Offense averaged almost 30 pts a game.....the Giants D was ranked 31'st!
Let's not forget that the reason why Eli has become so proficient at the "4th QTR comeback" is because this D hasn't been able to hold leads for years!
Don't blame Eli just because he had a few bad games this year and couldn't pull a rabbit out of his hat every time.
Considering how many times he got the D out of hot water over the years and covered for their lousy days...it would have been nice if just once this season, the D could have returned the favor and held an opponent close, to give Eli and the O a fighting chance.

AllHailEli
02-09-2013, 11:34 AM
I bet if Brady's records in the last 10 years were with the Giants, most of us would be calling for his head. Losing the perfect season was kind of unforgivable. I think people should put themselves in other fans' shoes and really think seriously before thinking it is greener on the other side just because you make the playoffs every year. Since when making the playoffs became the ultimate prize? All it is is a chance to play for the trophy, but it ain't the trophy itself. Seriously, will you be happy going to the playoffs virtually every year, getting so close, and still fall short? I highly doubt so!

Die-Hard
02-09-2013, 03:39 PM
The Pats aren't good since Spygate? Brady isn't one of the greatest of all time?

You guys must have found a really good stash this weekend, because no sane, sober person would say those things, much less truly believe them. If I'm reading some of these responses correctly, some of you would rather the Giants miss the playoffs completely, rather than get so close repeatedly and lose.

I cant even.....fathom....that thought process, because it hurts my brain just to read it

AllHailEli
02-09-2013, 06:23 PM
The Pats aren't good since Spygate? Brady isn't one of the greatest of all time?

You guys must have found a really good stash this weekend, because no sane, sober person would say those things, much less truly believe them. If I'm reading some of these responses correctly, some of you would rather the Giants miss the playoffs completely, rather than get so close repeatedly and lose.

I cant even.....fathom....that thought process, because it hurts my brain just to read it

No, you would rather have two Super Bowls in the last 5 years than get to the playoffs virtually every year and not winning one. The point is that people will not be happy just getting to the playoffs. If we make the playoffs every year for the last 10 years and never winning one, people will be pissed, esp after squandering the perfect season. I am not even supposing, you can just read the Pats message board every time they get eliminated in the playoffs and read how frustrated they are.

I would like to get to the playoffs every year, but I ain't trading 2 Super Bowls for 10 years of playoff appearance with no Super Bowls.

Flip Empty
02-09-2013, 06:29 PM
They've won three and been to five - how on earth can that be seen as a negative?

GentleGiant
02-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Yeah, good point. What's Brady's record since Spygate? Around 70-20?You're right, what a drop-off... How many rings he got since?

Rudyy
02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
How many rings he got since?Rings are great, and I think our organization in terms of winning Super Bowls recently, we have the edge on the Patriots.

As far as consistently competing for one, and being in the race each and every year, that's not even a debate.

BuffyBlueII
02-09-2013, 11:32 PM
How many rings he got since?

Well, five QBs, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger and Eli Manning (2), have won Rings since SpyGate.

BuffyBlueII
02-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Rings are great, and I think our organization in terms of winning Super Bowls recently, we have the edge on the Patriots.

As far as consistently competing for one, and being in the race each and every year, that's not even a debate.

NE Patriots are in it the playoffs each and every year since SpyGate when TB has played the full season and that speaks volumes. They have a great organization, a great team and I will give credit where it is due.

Sean Montemayor
02-10-2013, 12:29 AM
I believe in Eli.

Die-Hard
02-10-2013, 09:20 AM
How many rings he got since?

He is in the running for one each and every year. Not going to win a ring sitting home on the couch, watching other teams play. You can pretty much write the Pats into one of the playoff scenarios in September, when the season starts, because odds are that they're going to be in the mix. Even though Eli has 2 rings, you can not say the same for him and the Giants. Those 2 rings did nothing to help them this past season, did they?

People put so much emphasis on rings, and completely lose sight of everything else. Was Dan Marino not a good QB? He doesn't have any rings. They're nice, but not at all a measure of how good a QB/Team is.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Think about it like this: The Patriots have a chance to win the Super Bowl every year. Nobody even knows if we are going to make the playoffs sometimes.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Think about it like this: The Patriots have a chance to win the Super Bowl every year. Nobody even knows if we are going to make the playoffs sometimes.Except we were the ones who won when we played them.

but I'd rather be a Pats fan... Moral victories for the win!

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Except we were the ones who won when we played them. but I'd rather be a Pats fan... Moral victories or the win!Moral victories are when you lose but feel as if there was something special behind that loss.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Moral victories are when you lose but feel as if there was something special behind that loss.Yeah, so that means all the Pats playoff games that they lost in. Cuz hey, they made the playoffs right?

At the start of the season, pretty much every team has a shot at the Lombardi. I bet you Pats fans would trade a few of their post season appearances for an actual SB to show for it. Heck I guarantee you Eagles fans would. Reid always had them in.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Yeah, so that means all the Pats playoff games that they lost in. Cuz hey, they made the playoffs right?At the start of the season, pretty much every team has a shot at the Lombardi. I bet you Pats fans would trade a few of their post season appearances for an actual SB to show for it. Heck I guarantee you Eagles fans would. Reid always had them in.I'm talking about winning games you need to win in order to get to that point. The Patriots lose playoff games because they play better teams, they aren't battle tested like we are when we get in. My point is, the more games you win in the regular season, the better chance you have at getting into the playoffs. 9-7 isn't going to do that every year.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm talking about winning games you need to win in order to get to that point. The Patriots lose playoff games because they play better teams, they aren't battle tested like we are when we get in. My point is, the more games you win in the regular season, the better chance you have at getting into the playoffs. 9-7 isn't going to do that every year.The way we've been doing it lately has worked out fine lol. I dont care about accolades or whatever, I want that trophy.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 12:42 PM
The way we've been doing it lately has worked out fine lol. I dont care about accolades or whatever, I want that trophy.Well in order to get to that trophy, you have to learn to play hard for 60 minutes, all 16 games, no?

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Well in order to get to that trophy, you have to learn to play hard for 60 minutes, all 16 games, no?yup but sometimes you just......lose. Thats football. There are things you just cant control

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 12:55 PM
yup but sometimes you just......lose. Thats football. There are things you just cant controlAh true,

Problem is we have a habit of "losing" in the same area for the last 9 or so years. So it's a hit or miss thing. What's scary about it is, it seems mental. Like they are expecting a second half collapse.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Ah true,

Problem is we have a habit of "losing" in the same area for the last 9 or so years. So it's a hit or miss thing. What's scary about it is, it seems mental. Like they are expecting a second half collapse.I think health plays a big part in it. When our guys came back form injuries, we made a run for the ages.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 01:07 PM
I think health plays a big part in it. When our guys came back form injuries, we made a run for the ages.Hmm..so our second half collapses are always due to injury?

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Hmm..so our second half collapses are always due to injury?uhhh no. I said they have a lot to do with whether we go into the playoffs on fire, or whimper to close out the season.

The collapses are caused because TC puts such a toll on players that at the end of the season they are all spent mentally and physically. It toughens them up, but you have to have healthy players to be able to make a push for the SB. This year we didn't. Hence the failure.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 01:21 PM
uhhh no. I said they have a lot to do with whether we go into the playoffs on fire, or whimper to close out the season.

The collapses are caused because TC puts such a toll on players that at the end of the season they are all spent mentally and physically. It toughens them up, but you have to have healthy players to be able to make a push for the SB. This year we didn't. Hence the failure.We should be playing with fire every game. Not just in December.

BuffyBlueII
02-10-2013, 01:39 PM
I find it hilarious that folks continue to live in the past. Yes, it is good that we won 2 SuperBowls in 5 years but it wasn’t like we turned it on and then blew everyone out in those 2 playoff runs. In our first run, we intercepted Romo in the endzone at the end of the game to stop Dallas. We went to overtime to beat
Green Bay Packers because Lawrence Tynes missed 2 field goals that he should’ve made. We needed Eli Manning to have one of the greatest 4th quarters in SuperBowl history to win SB XLII. In our 2nd run, we went to overtime to beat San Francisco 49ers and we had to have a last minute drive in the 4th
quarter of SuperBowl XLVI to win. Also, Wes Welkers drop was huge in that game.

Our players on both defense and offense stepped up and played great in both of our SuperBowl runs. Granted, JR has an eye for talent and drafts well but there is no way that winning that way was planned nor should it be expected. This last season, Victor Cruz made a comment around week 14 or 15 about
how now is the time that "NY Giants pick it up and play our best football, it is what we always do.” It is not what we always do. It is something we have
done twice in 10 years. Fortunately, it ended up in SuperBowl victories for us but it is not something that should be counted on or expected. This past
season, it seemed that folks expected NY Giants to just roll over people at the end of the year and make the playoffs and that is ridiculous to expect that. Just as it is ridiculous to expect our offense to flourish with the garbage OC that we have.
The very question of wheter or not Tom Brady should retire because he is slipping is an outrageously stupid one. Okay, he lost in AFC Championship Game but he had a better regular season than our QB ever has. He got his team to AFC Championship Game. That is a successful season. Heck, if folks want to continue about how not winning SuperBowls or having dissapointing playoff runs are an indication of the QB slipping then where are the threads that Peyton Manning, one of the biggest playoff chokers of all time, needs to retire immediately?

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 01:46 PM
I find it hilarious that folks continue to live in the past. Yes, it is good that we won 2 SuperBowls in 5 years but it wasn’t like we turned it on and then blew everyone out in those 2 playoff runs. In our first run, we intercepted Romo in the endzone at the end of the game to stop Dallas. We went to overtime to beat
Green Bay Packers because Lawrence Tynes missed 2 field goals that he should’ve made. We needed Eli Manning to have one of the greatest 4th quarters in SuperBowl history to win SB XLII. In our 2nd run, we went to overtime to beat San Francisco 49ers and we had to have a last minute drive in the 4th

Our players on both defense and offense stepped up and played great in both of our SuperBowl runs. Granted, JR has an eye for talent and drafts well but there is no way that winning that way was planned nor should it be expected. This last season, Victor Cruz made a comment around week 14 or 15 about
how now is the time that "NY Giants pick it up and play our best football, it is what we always do.” It is not what we always do. It is something we have
done twice in 10 years. Fortunately, it ended up in SuperBowl victories for us but it is not something that should be counted on or expected. This past
season, it seemed that folks expected NY Giants to just roll over people at the end of the year and make the playoffs and that is ridiculous.Thank you!

Look, I wouldn't trade 2 Sb's in 5 years for anything, I'm not saying that. I'm saying you can't really say that the Giants had more success than the Patriots because of just those 2 SB's, the Patriots have the opportunity to win one every year. Will they? probably not, do they have more of a chance? YES. Sloppy division helps, but so does consistent play Do we have a chance ? Well yeah, but in order to do so, we have to get "hot at the right time" That's ridiculous to me.

Here's the problem: We have the talent, and the personnel to play some good football and make the playoffs each and every year. For whatever reason, we almost ALWAYS shoot ourselves in the foot and go on to lose 4 or 5 games in a row.

BuffyBlueII
02-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Thank you!

Look, I wouldn't trade 2 Sb's in 5 years for anything, I'm not saying that. I'm saying you can't really say that the Giants had more success than the Patriots because of just those 2 SB's, the Patriots have the opportunity to win one every year. Will they? probably not, do they have more of a chance? YES. Sloppy division helps, but so does consistent play Do we have a chance ? Well yeah, but in order to do so, we have to get "hot at the right time" That's ridiculous to me.

Here's the problem: We have the talent, and the personnel to play some good football and make the playoffs each and every year. For whatever reason, we almost ALWAYS shoot ourselves in the foot and go on to lose 4 or 5 games in a row.

It was so evident in Baltimore Ravens and Atlanta Falcons games that we needed to win. Although Baltimore had lost three straight they came out fired up for all those games and they came out fired up for us too and then they steamrolled us. Atlanta didn’t even give us a chance to breathe and hammered us. NY Giants are so inconsistent because we don’t show up with the same intensity week in and week out. Heck, we had Tuck making public statements about how “Eli will bail us out and keep RG III on the sidelines” and that effects not just the entire mentality of our defense as well as idiot offensive coordinator but it pumps up the other team. Heck, Baltimore and Pittsburgh defenses went after RG III like rabid dogs,they stayed true to their style of play. We have no consistent style of play and that is a big problem. I am glad that JR is cleaning house and I hope that he gets rid of some more folks while he is at it. The attitude of “play when we need to” and “play when we want” is not going to fly for success in NFL. Yeah I know people are going to keep bringing up 2 SuperBowls in 5 years over and over but enough is enough. It is awesome that we won those SuperBowls but to turn around and lay down the way we did this season was disgusting. It started with JR allowing Osi to extort him and then Osi went out with his usual play when he wanted to attitude. Heck, look at how overweight JPP was during the regular season, it was an embarrassment. The guy was at least 10 pounds lighter during the pro bowl, a month later. It is evident the attitude of some of the older guys, paritcularly Tuck and Osi has rubbed off on him.

We have SuperBowls and that is great. NE Patriots have a team that gives their all, week in and week out no matter what and we don’t have that. The strength of division is the strength of the division. The strength of the schedule is the strength of the schedule and I think too much emphasis is put on both.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 02:04 PM
We should be playing with fire every game. Not just in December.We do. October is one of our best months. December is actually one of our worst. That's the price we pay with TC as our coach. It has brought us great things. People just need to live with it.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 02:08 PM
We do. October is one of our best months. December is actually one of our worst. That's the price we pay with TC as our coach. It has brought us great things. People just need to live with it. I disagree. We do not play with fire each and every game. I never said we play well in December.

And he's not settling for that. He's actually trying to find answers for our inconsistent play, not just saying "oh well, that's how I roll, LIVE WITH IT".

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 02:10 PM

season, it seemed that folks expected NY Giants to just roll over people at the end of the year and make the playoffs and that is ridiculous to expect that. Just as it is ridiculous to expect our offense to flourish with the garbage OC that we have.
The very question of wheter or not Tom Brady should retire because he is slipping is an outrageously stupid one. Okay, he lost in AFC Championship Game but he had a better regular season than our QB ever has. He got his team to AFC Championship Game. That is a successful season. Heck, if folks want to continue about how not winning SuperBowls or having dissapointing playoff runs are an indication of the QB slipping then where are the threads that Peyton Manning, one of the biggest playoff chokers of all time, needs to retire immediately?So maybe we need to ask ourselves, it is better to be dominant all season and then lose in bitter fashion? But we can hang our hat on being so dominating right? No, you lost. I'd rather be average and then make something happen to win it all. Hello Baltimore. Not to be this juggernaut that gets smacked in the face and then folds leaving their fans to feel like trash every year. That's exactly what SF has done, and the window is closing for them.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 02:10 PM
It was so evident in Baltimore Ravens and Atlanta Falcons games that we needed to win. Although Baltimore had lost three straight they came out fired up for all those games and they came out fired up for us too and then they steamrolled us. Atlanta didn’t even give us a chance to breathe and hammered us. NY Giants are so inconsistent because we don’t show up with the same intensity week in and week out. Heck, we had Tuck making public statements about how “Eli will bail us out and keep RG III on the sidelines” and that effects not just the entire mentality of our defense as well as idiot offensive coordinator but it pumps up the other team. Heck, Baltimore and Pittsburgh defenses went after RG III like rabid dogs,they stayed true to their style of play. We have no consistent style of play and that is a big problem. I am glad that JR is cleaning house and I hope that he gets rid of some more folks while he is at it. The attitude of “play when we need to” and “play when we want” is not going to fly for success in NFL. Yeah I know people are going to keep bringing up 2 SuperBowls in 5 years over and over but enough is enough. It is awesome that we won those SuperBowls but to turn around and lay down the way we did this was disgusting. It started with JR allowing Osi to extort him and then Osi went out with his usual play when he wanted to attitude. Heck, look at how overweight JPP was during the regular season, it was an embarrassment. The guy was at least 10 pounds lighter during the pro bowl, a month later.

We have SuperBowls and that is great. NE Patriots have a team that gives their all, week in and week out no matter what and we don’t have that. The strength of division is the strength of the division. The strength of the schedule is the strength of the schedule and I think too much emphasis is put on both.Right.

I'm not crying about going 15-1 every year, but beating a team 52-27, then losing 34-0 the VERY NEXT WEEK, is insane to me. Really?

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 02:13 PM
So maybe we need to ask ourselves, it is better to be dominant all season and then lose in bitter fashion? But we can hang our hat on being so dominating right? No, you lost. I'd rather be average and then make something happen to win it all. Hello Baltimore. Not to be this juggernaut that gets smacked in the face and then folds leaving their fans to feel like trash every year. That's exactly what SF has done, and the window is closing for them.But we are either average, get hot and win it all, or average..and then miss the playoffs entirely. That's a little extreme don't you think?
San Fran is relatively young, what window are you talking about?

I don't know about you guys, but mediocrity is stupid.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 02:15 PM
I disagree. We do not play with fire each and every game. I never said we play well in December.

And he's not settling for that. He's actually trying to find answers for our inconsistent play, not just saying "oh well, that's how I roll, LIVE WITH IT".He doesn't have "answers" because he's not gonna come out and say: "oh yeah, the players are all worn out and tired" nor will the players say this. Coughlin's methods breed success, but also wear down on the team mentally. It's if they can get to the end of the year unscathed mentally, and physically, that will determine whether they succeed or not.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 02:20 PM
He doesn't have "answers" because he's not gonna come out and say: "oh yeah, the players are all worn out and tired" nor will the players say this. Coughlin's methods breed success, but also wear down on the team mentally. It's if they can get to the end of the year unscathed mentally, and physically, that will determine whether they succeed or not.I don't believe the players are worn out and tired, for the last 9 years in the exact same time. Which is usually after the bye week. Yeah, the players are tired after getting a week off lol.

The problem with the "if they can get to the end of the year" theory is the "if" part. Like I said, it's a hit or a miss thing. If you like that sort of thing then that's fine, I personally would rather see a more consistent team and I'm sure he would too.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 02:20 PM
But we are either average, get hot and win it all, or average..and then miss the playoffs entirely. That's a little extreme don't you think?

I don't know about you guys, but mediocrity is stupid.Isn't it the endgame that matters? Not how you prod along to get there? So you have to be a little inconvenienced by watching the Giants get steamrolled or whatever. Nothing in the NFL is perfect. All that matters is getting to the top of that mountain. And TC has done just that. Twice. I ain't complaining.

As for the niners, its gonna be pretty hard for them to keep all those 1st round picks in about a year. They pretty much blew the best chance they'll have in a while.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Isn't it the endgame that matters? Not how you prod along to get there? So you have to be a little inconvenienced by watching the Giants get steamrolled or whatever. Nothing in the NFL is perfect. All that matters is getting to the top of that mountain. And TC has done just that. Twice. I ain't complaining.

As for the niners, its gonna be pretty hard for them to keep all those 1st round picks in about a year. They pretty much blew the best chance they'll have in a while.I'm saying how we get there is a hit or miss thing.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 02:25 PM
I don't believe the players are worn out and tired, for the last 9 years in the exact same time. Which is usually after the bye week. Yeah, the players are tired after getting a week off lol.

The problem with the "if they can get to the end of the year" theory is the "if" part. Like I said, it's a hit or a miss thing. If you like that sort of thing then that's fine, I personally would rather see a more consistent team and I'm sure he would too.Whether you believe it or not, thats the case. The bye isnt always at the end of the season. Thats when they collapse. The bye helped us for a game or two this year, and then we went right back to sucking due to some critical injuries.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Whether you believe it or not, thats the case. The bye isnt always at the end of the season. Thats when they collapse. The bye helped us for a game or two this year, and then we went right back to sucking due to some critical injuries.We collapse in the middle of the season, all.the.time.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 02:36 PM
We collapse in the middle of the season, all.the.time.yup middle/end of the season pretty much.

TC drives things home and instills it into the players so much that they eventually become numb to it. The players have said as much. but at the end of it all if key guys are healthy, all the preparation that Coughlin has drilled into their brains benefits them more than any team in the league and the Giants become unbeatable. If it didn't work, he'd be fired 6 years ago.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 02:38 PM
yup middle/end of the season pretty much.

TC drives things home and instills it into the players so much that they eventually become numb to it. The players have said as much. but at the end of it all if key guys are healthy, all the preparation that Coughlin has drilled into their brains benefits them more than any team in the league and the Giants become unbeatable. If it didn't work, he'd be fired 6 years ago.It's a hit or miss.

Hell I'm not complaining about the SB's, but I have every right to complain when it doesn't work.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 02:43 PM
lol that's what being a fan is all about: whining about stuff.

Believe me, I'm hoping and praying we make the playoffs next season. but I'll take these last few roller-coaster ride years because bottom line, we got it done.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 02:45 PM
lol that's what being a fan is all about: whining about stuff.

Believe me, I'm hoping and praying we make the playoffs next season. but I'll take these last few roller-coaster ride years because bottom line, we got it done.I'm okay with games like the Green Bay game in the 2011 regular season. We played hard and almost won that game.

I won't accept games like the Atlanta and the Baltimore games, absolute no shows. I don't care how many Super Bowls we've won in what time span.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm okay with games like the Green Bay game in the 2011 regular season. We played hard and almost won that game.

I won't accept games like the Atlanta and the Baltimore games, absolute no shows. I don't care how many Super Bowls we've won in what time span.No ones saying we should be happy with those games. I didn't like is how they pulled our biggest spark in David Wilson twice for those games after he was tearing it up. I'll never figure out that one. Made a definite impact in us getting blown out imo.

BuffyBlueII
02-10-2013, 03:38 PM
So maybe we need to ask ourselves, it is better to be dominant all season and then lose in bitter fashion? But we can hang our hat on being so dominating right? No, you lost. I'd rather be average and then make something happen to win it all. Hello Baltimore. Not to be this juggernaut that gets smacked in the face and then folds leaving their fans to feel like trash every year. That's exactly what SF has done, and the window is closing for them.

Are you kidding me? We did that this last season. We won SuperBowl the previous season and then came out and got outplayed up and down in our home opener. It was humiliating. This season was an embarrassment to NY Giants football.

How has that been exactly what San Francisco did this year? They lost a very close SuperBowl. Their fans shouldn’t feel like trash. I know I didn’t feel like trash when we lost to Baltimore Ravens in SuperBowl XXXV.

NE Patriots made it to SuperBowl XLVI and they made it to AFC Championship Game this year. To state that they are slipping or failures or that Tom Brady should soon retire is an assinine statement. Granted, we all love Eli Manning but all this hoopla about him being better than Tom Brady is nonsense. As far as the clutch factor goes, some of you may have forgotten but Tom Brady still has more SuperBowl wins than any other active QB in NFL right now and he is still playing the position better than anyone in the game right now. Why should he retire?

BuffyBlueII
02-10-2013, 03:42 PM
But we are either average, get hot and win it all, or average..and then miss the playoffs entirely. That's a little extreme don't you think?

I don't know about you guys, but mediocrity is stupid.

Mediocrity is stupid but settling for mediocrity because “we will turn it up when it counts” is as pathetic as it is stupid.

I have no clue what window folks are talking about in regard to San Francisco 49ers because they are a young team with a young QB that looks like he may just be an exact clone of Steve Young, only with tattoos. That team will be competittive for awhile. NE Patriots are a reatively young team too. Granted, Tom Brady is 36 but they have a young defense that will get better and they have a lot of young starters on offense. They will be competittive for the next 5-6 years.

BuffyBlueII
02-10-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm okay with games like the Green Bay game in the 2011 regular season. We played hard and almost won that game.

I won't accept games like the Atlanta and the Baltimore games, absolute no shows. I don't care how many Super Bowls we've won in what time span.

I agree 100%. Falling back on the “but we won SuperBowl last year” argument to excuse no show play is ridiculous.

BuffyBlueII
02-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Whether you believe it or not, thats the case. The bye isnt always at the end of the season. Thats when they collapse. The bye helped us for a game or two this year, and then we went right back to sucking due to some critical injuries.

We went right back to sucking because a lot of our players were no shows. They didn’t even show up to play. 34-0 to Atlanta had nothing to do with injuries, it had to do with lack of heart. Yeah, I know we knocked them out of playoffs the prior season but you know what? They effectively took our playoff chances out of our hands this season so last year’s win means nothing.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Are you kidding me? We did that this last season. We won SuperBowl the previous season and then came out and got outplayed up and down in our home opener. It was humiliating. This season was an embarrassment to NY Giants football.

How has that been exactly what San Francisco did this year? They lost a very close SuperBowl. Their fans shouldn’t feel like trash. I know I didn’t feel like trash when we lost to Baltimore Ravens in SuperBowl XXXV.

NE Patriots made it to SuperBowl XLVI and they made it to AFC Championship Game this year. To state that they are slipping or failures or that Tom Brady should soon retire is an assinine statement. Granted, we all love Eli Manning but all this hoopla about him being better than Tom Brady is nonsense. As far as the clutch factor goes, some of you may have forgotten but Tom Brady still has more SuperBowl wins than any other active QB in NFL right now and he is still playing the position better than anyone in the game right now. Why should he retire?yeah my point isn't about whether Tom is slipping or whatever.

Also I wouldn't call this season an embarrassment exactly. It's not like were were 5-11 or anything. We did win the Super Bowl just the year before, and people can argue that past is the past till they are blue in the face, it still doesn't change that fact. It's hard to win SB's. It's called perspective guys. We should consider ourselves lucky. Yes, we failed to make the post-season, but you can't be winning everything every year. That's what makes the NFL so interesting and fun to watch.

And yes, the 49ers fans do feel like crap. Just go on their boards. two years ago they made it to the NFCCG and the this year the SB and lost in both. That's got to kill you as a fan. Knowing how difficult it is to get to that point and then have it taken away. Many of them know they might not get that chance again for a long time.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 04:28 PM
We went right back to sucking because a lot of our players were no shows. They didn’t even show up to play. 34-0 to Atlanta had nothing to do with injuries, it had to do with lack of heart. Yeah, I know we knocked them out of playoffs the prior season but you know what? They effectively took our playoff chances out of our hands this season so last year’s win means nothing.Nicks injury really hurt us in those two games. Watch them again. He couldn't get any separation is was pretty sad. Nicks basically being a non factor: there goes our offense.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 04:30 PM
yeah my point isn't about whether Tom is slipping or whatever.

Also I wouldn't call this season an embarrassment exactly. It's not like were were 5-11 or anything. We did win the Super Bowl just the year before, and people can argue that past is the past till they are blue in the face, it still doesn't change that fact. It's hard to win SB's. It's called perspective guys. We should consider ourselves lucky. Yes, we failed to make the post-season, but you can't be winning everything every year. That's what makes the NFL so interesting and fun to watch.

And yes, the 49ers fans do feel like crap. Just go on their boards. two years ago they made it to the NFCCG and the this year the SB and lost in both. That's got to kill you as a fan. Knowing how difficult it is to get to that point and then have it taken away. Many of them know they might not get that chance again for a long time.Good post, but you're missing the point.

The games that we are supposed to win, we lose. Most of the time we are unprepared, unfocused, and unmotivated. This is the problem with the team. Motivation only comes when our backs are against the wall, or when we are underdogs. Add injuries and we are spiraling down. Although the Patriots play in a crap division, they blow them out of the water almost each and every time they see them. Don't play down to their competition.

I just want to see hard fought football played for 60 minutes, in all 16 games. Not the last 2 games of the season when we are 7-7 hoping for a playoff spot. We are way too talented for that.

The whole "it's hard to win in this league" statement is getting old as well. Everyone knows that.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Good post, but you're missing the point.I don't think I am really. My point here is have some perspective people. I hate it when we lose games. But we usually don't "play down" to our competition. that's basically a myth. Who cares if the game is close than it should have. If they win its all good. but outside of the Bengals who'd we lose to that was such an inferior opponent this year? I don't see it.

The whole "it's hard to win in this league" statement is getting old as well. Everyone knows that.Does that mean its not true tho?

Die-Hard
02-10-2013, 05:45 PM
yeah my point isn't about whether Tom is slipping or whatever.

And yes, the 49ers fans do feel like crap. Just go on their boards. two years ago they made it to the NFCCG and the this year the SB and lost in both. That's got to kill you as a fan. Knowing how difficult it is to get to that point and then have it taken away. Many of them know they might not get that chance again for a long time.

Are you kidding with SF? They are so young, and finally have a coach that knows how to get them playing well, yet their window is closing? It doesn't make a lick of sense. They are loaded with talent across the board. Thinking they wont make it back to where they were for a while is a ridiculously misguided statement.

As for the Giants, maybe it's just me, but I'm a little tired iof watching them crap themselves and having to "turn it on when it counts" just to make the playoffs, which doesn't work half the time anyway. People are hanging their hats on the past and the prior SB wins, as if they'd rather bask in the glow of those instead of seeing them win another one. No one should be giving them a free pass. I dont expect them to win the SB every year because that would be stupidly unrealisitic, but I'd sure like to see them be a legitimate contender for one every year, and folding after week 8 each and every year is not going to make it likely. I saw a lot of folks crying about the media not giving them "enough" respect in the past couple of seasons. While some of the perceived disrespect was in fact a bit harsh, look at the numbers. Up and down, up and down.....a good team, or even a great team, doesn't allow that kind of performance, and no one who gets paid for their opinions is going to slobber all over a team who cant consistently play 2-3 games in a row with good results.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Are you kidding with SF? They are so young, and finally have a coach that knows how to get them playing well, yet their window is closing? It doesn't make a lick of sense. They are loaded with talent across the board. Thinking they wont make it back to where they were for a while is a ridiculously misguided statement.

As for the Giants, maybe it's just me, but I'm a little tired iof watching them crap themselves and having to "turn it on when it counts" just to make the playoffs, which doesn't work half the time anyway. People are hanging their hats on the past and the prior SB wins, as if they'd rather bask in the glow of those instead of seeing them win another one. No one should be giving them a free pass. I dont expect them to win the SB every year because that would be stupidly unrealisitic, but I'd sure like to see them be a legitimate contender for one every year, and folding after week 8 each and every year is not going to make it likely. I saw a lot of folks crying about the media not giving them "enough" respect in the past couple of seasons. While some of the perceived disrespect was in fact a bit harsh, look at the numbers. Up and down, up and down.....a good team, or even a great team, doesn't allow that kind of performance, and no one who gets paid for their opinions is going to slobber all over a team who cant consistently play 2-3 games in a row with good results.Yup.

Die-Hard
02-10-2013, 05:52 PM
I just want to see hard fought football played for 60 minutes, in all 16 games. Not the last 2 games of the season when we are 7-7 hoping for a playoff spot. We are way too talented for that.

I agree with 99.9% of this. The only part I disagree with is the talent part. I honestly think a lot of us, as fans, have over-valued this team as far as talent goes. They are good, and they do have some great talent at certain positions, but overall, at least in my opinion, they really aren't that good of a football team, talent-wise, particularly on defense. Age has caught up to them in a big way, and whatever talent may have once been evident is not there anymore.

BuffyBlueII
02-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Are you kidding with SF? They are so young, and finally have a coach that knows how to get them playing well, yet their window is closing? It doesn't make a lick of sense. They are loaded with talent across the board. Thinking they wont make it back to where they were for a while is a ridiculously misguided statement. As for the Giants, maybe it's just me, but I'm a little tired iof watching them crap themselves and having to "turn it on when it counts" just to make the playoffs, which doesn't work half the time anyway. People are hanging their hats on the past and the prior SB wins, as if they'd rather bask in the glow of those instead of seeing them win another one. No one should be giving them a free pass. I dont expect them to win the SB every year because that would be stupidly unrealisitic, but I'd sure like to see them be a legitimate contender for one every year, and folding after week 8 each and every year is not going to make it likely. I saw a lot of folks crying about the media not giving them "enough" respect in the past couple of seasons. While some of the perceived disrespect was in fact a bit harsh, look at the numbers. Up and down, up and down.....a good team, or even a great team, doesn't allow that kind of performance, and no one who gets paid for their opinions is going to slobber all over a team who cant consistently play 2-3 games in a row with good results.+1Also if I may add, I would like to know that when on the rare occassions that I get a chance to overpay for a ticket to go to the game and then throw down 9 bucks per beer that my team shows up to play and give it effort.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 06:14 PM
+1Also if I may add, I would like to know that when on the rare occassions that I get a chance to overpay for a ticket to go to the game and then throw down 9 bucks per beer that my team shows up to play and give it effort.Just remember that we won the SB, that should make you feel better.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 06:57 PM
As for the Giants, maybe it's just me, but I'm a little tired iof watching them crap themselves and having to "turn it on when it counts" just to make the playoffs, which doesn't work half the time anyway. People are hanging their hats on the past and the prior SB wins, as if they'd rather bask in the glow of those instead of seeing them win another one. No one should be giving them a free pass. I dont expect them to win the SB every year because that would be stupidly unrealisitic, but I'd sure like to see them be a legitimate contender for one every year, and folding after week 8 each and every year is not going to make it likely. I saw a lot of folks crying about the media not giving them "enough" respect in the past couple of seasons. While some of the perceived disrespect was in fact a bit harsh, look at the numbers. Up and down, up and down.....a good team, or even a great team, doesn't allow that kind of performance, and no one who gets paid for their opinions is going to slobber all over a team who cant consistently play 2-3 games in a row with good results.
Yup.So fire Coughlin then.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 06:57 PM
So fire Coughlin then.I never said he was a horrible coach, did I?

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Just remember that we won the SB, that should make you feel better.Now you are just being petulant. :rolleyes: While a SB shouldn't be used to gloss over seasons of mediocrity, the fact that a couple have been won very recently cannot be overlooked because people are being prisoners of the moment.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Now you are just being petulant. :rolleyes: While a SB shouldn't be used to gloss over seasons of mediocrity, the fact that a couple have been won very recently cannot be overlooked because people are being prisoners of the moment./ thread

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 07:05 PM
I never said he was a horrible coach, did I?Everything you've been complaining about? Thats been Coughlins MO ever since he's been here in 2004. Look at the Giants history in that timeline. That's just the way it is with TC. Nothing will change that.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Everything you've been complaining about? Thats been Coughlins MO ever since he's been here in 2004. Look at the Giants history in that timeline. That's just the way it is with TC. Nothing will change that.Sorry, but that's not okay with me in my book.
I don't think he's horrible enough to fire him, definitely not, but I will never just be like "eh..THAT'S FINE!".

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 07:06 PM
/ threadExcept we haven't had seasons of mediocrity and this thread is actually about Tom Brady. lol

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Sorry, but that's not okay with me in my book.
I don't think he's horrible enough to fire him, definitely not, but I will never just be like "eh..THAT'S FINE!".Evidently.

Rudyy
02-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Except we haven't had seasons of mediocrity and this thread is actually about Tom Brady. lol9-7 is mediocre. I don't care if it's over .500. Not making the playoffs is mediocre as well.

If you think they are successful, that's fine.

And Tom Brady is Tom Brady lol.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 07:20 PM
9-7 is mediocre. I don't care if it's over .500. Not making the playoffs is mediocre as well.

If you think they are successful, that's fine.

And Tom Brady is Tom Brady lol.I dont think thats success lol. but I wouldn't say its mediocre either. Mediocre is like not having a chance to even get 5 wins.

But if you want to call it that then that's your prerogative.

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Are you kidding with SF? They are so young, and finally have a coach that knows how to get them playing well, yet their window is closing? It doesn't make a lick of sense. They are loaded with talent across the board. Thinking they wont make it back to where they were for a while is a ridiculously misguided statement. They aren't gonna be able to afford all the FA's that make their team great. Any 49er fan will admit, these past two years were their best shot. It is extremely hard to get back to the SB after losing it as probability has shown. The Pats made it back after 5 years, taking advantage of an extremely weak AFC. SF doesn't have that luxury. Seattle is on the rise and poses a huge threat within the division. The Seahawks creamed them last year. The Packers, Falcons, Seahawks, Giants, Saints, Bears, heck even the Redskins are all threats in the playoffs and hungry. It's not that much of a ridiculous statement as one would assume. The niners won't just coast back. Also they might not be as lucky with having hardly any injuries throughout the season like they did this past season.

Die-Hard
02-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Except we haven't had seasons of mediocrity and this thread is actually about Tom Brady. lol

We haven't?

News to me

Rusty192
02-10-2013, 10:18 PM
I guess it depends on the use of the word lol

AllHailEli
02-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Ask yourself in the 2007 season, would you want to be 18-1? How much would you trade for a 19-0 season if you are in the brink of it? Would you rather make all the playoffs for the next 5 years or win that perfect season?

My only point is that if you put yourselves in a Patriots fan's shoes, you won't be happy with just making the playoffs for so many years, being so close and not winning the whole thing. I believe there will be more frustration than the frustration people feel now. I can honestly say I would be extremely frustrated and would have been depressed for a couple of days if we had a chance for a perfect season and squandered it and that that loss would have always lived with me. I'm glad we were not at the receiving end of that loss. And I have to admit, being the underdog and robbing them of the perfect season was such an amazing feeling. It makes me happy every time I think of it. :)

There is a disappointment because we don't make the playoffs every year, and that disappointment comes from the fact that we have two recent Super Bowls so people have high expectations. But hey it's so much better than be in a "given up" state or "acceptance" state where failure is just a norm and you suck it up. Like being an Eagles fan, I would say you probably have hopes (some high) start of every season, but when you ultimately fail to win that trophy, it's just business usual, and you're just able to accept it easily because there was never precedence of success. In other words, this could have been the dark days of the 90s for us, but it is not and we have higher expectations, thus probably more disappointment. If you do ask yourselves honestly, I don't think you'd like to be the Patriots fan for most of these last 10 years either because I don't know of any fan who will just be happy of making every playoffs and not winning one. I do think among all fans, we probably have the best experience these last few years because we've won two and made the best of our opportunities given how precarious our chances to get there in the first place. If you think there is another team who's had better than us in the last five years, lemme know. :)

appodictic
02-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Its obvious Gronk is the most important part of that team. WIth him they might be close to unstopable, without him they are average.

pokerpunk
03-21-2013, 12:30 AM

And what did that get him? NOTHING!

BuffyBlueII
03-21-2013, 02:38 AM
They aren't gonna be able to afford all the FA's that make their team great. Any 49er fan will admit, these past two years were their best shot. It is extremely hard to get back to the SB after losing it as probability has shown. The Pats made it back after 5 years, taking advantage of an extremely weak AFC. .

If the AFC is so weak then how did Baltimore Ravens (AFC team) win SuperBowl XLVII?

BuffyBlueII
03-21-2013, 02:40 AM
And what did that get him? NOTHING!

No. It got him and NE Patriots to AFC Champioship Game. That is quite an accomplishment.