PDA

View Full Version : congrats to mario

greenca190
01-21-2013, 02:18 AM
two super bowl teams in two seasons. ive been reading a lot that there is suspicion of him being released htis off season from the niners. he's due 3.6 million next year and might not even play

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 02:19 AM
two super bowl teams in two seasons. ive been reading a lot that there is suspicion of him being released htis off season from the niners

no chance he comes back here,,we have enough players with knee problems, and players of our own to pay.

greenca190
01-21-2013, 02:20 AM
yeah i don't really care for the giants to sign him, just showcasing another example of how free agency can hurt a career.

L.T.56
01-21-2013, 02:26 AM
the guy probably wont be the same receiver when he comes back. he tore two ligaments in his left knee and even before that he was having shoulder problems.

greenca190
01-21-2013, 02:28 AM
the guy probably wont be the same receiver when he comes back. he tore two ligaments in his left knee and even before that he was having shoulder problems.

which makes sense as to why he might not make the 49ers roster next year. firstly, they don't want to pay for someones rehab who is on a "prove it" one year deal at the time. secondly, he might never be the same.

Toadofsteel
01-21-2013, 04:40 AM
Yet another player that Reese got rid of at the right time. I wish him well in his career, but sometimes emotionally hard choices must be made...

penguinfarmer
01-21-2013, 06:16 AM
yeah i don't really care for the giants to sign him, just showcasing another example of how free agency can hurt a career.

FA tore his knee?

Flip Empty
01-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Why do all ex-players have to be torn down by bitter fans? It's embarrassing

penguinfarmer
01-21-2013, 06:24 AM

Cases of the spurned lover.

RoanokeFan
01-21-2013, 07:42 AM
FA tore his knee?

Either that or the trainers

RoanokeFan
01-21-2013, 07:43 AM

Who's tearing him down?

GIANTSACK
01-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Holy **** randy moss may finally get his ring .. Does Brandon's Jacob get number three?

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 01:18 PM
I like Manningham... when he was a Giant

BigBlueAllDay
01-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Brandon Jacobs won't be getting a ring because he was released. He has not been part of the team since before the playoffs started. He's down to the Giants deciding whether they want him back or a probable end to his NFL career. Manningham is as good as gone from the 49ers as well after this season. 49ers will be looking to upgrade their WR positions for next season after the Superbowl game either way. Only time will tell if Randy Moss will eventually get a Superbowl ring in two weeks. A barrel of laughs at one of the most gifted WRs to play the game coming his way if he doesn't.

greenca190
01-22-2013, 12:44 AM
Who's tearing him down?

Haha, seriously. The title of this thread is "congrats to mario"

Flip Empty
01-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Who's tearing him down?

no chance he comes back here,,we have enough players with knee problems, and players of our own to pay.

The thread title says "congrats" yet people only leave negative comments.

greenca190
01-22-2013, 01:16 AM
The thread title says "congrats" yet people only leave negative comments.

Well, no offense, but free agency does hurt more careers then it does help. And his knee is legitimately ****ed up. He might not ever be the same. Just an honest assessment.

I started the thread, and never intended for it to be a "should the Giants resign Manningham". I simply thought it was interesting that another guy leaves the Giants, and this time actually to a successful team, and he is already being talked about as not coming back after one year.