PDA

View Full Version : Is Flacco better than Brady?

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Beat him in the regular season, and twice in the post season. Was super clutch in the postseason, tying the game with 30 seconds to go in Denver. Isn't this how we all determined that Eli was better than Brady? Discuss...

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 11:04 AM
and he's better than Peyton Manning too..

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Oh, Carter, well that's just unanimous -- it'd be pointless to include Peyton, too.

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 11:11 AM
We did include Rodgers in the "Eli beat him, so he's better" debate last year, so yes, he must be better than Peyton, too.

njg85m
01-21-2013, 11:15 AM
He was better yesterday.

Die-Hard
01-21-2013, 11:15 AM
LOL

Thats all I've got to say on the subject

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 11:16 AM
He was better yesterday.Was Eli better only in 42, 46, and the reg. season meeting last year?

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 11:18 AM
LOL Thats all I've got to say on the subjectWhat?! Isn't head to head the best way to evaluate what QBs are the best?!?!?!

/sarcasm

TheEnigma
01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Rex Grossman > Eli > Brady > Peyton > commercial advertisers

TheAnalyst
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
I'll be honest, I never thought Flacco was going to be a good QB, but he is reminding me a lot of Eli. He is a big game QB. He has that clutch big game arm. In fact, he may be the best Big Game QB in the league right now. His arm strength is top notch, his confidence is peaking and he doesn't get down much. I think he may be a better QB then Matt Ryan, who I was really high on during the draft. Now that I think about it, Ryan may be the Peyton Manning and Flacco the Eli. Flacco excels in the playoffs where Ryan struggles. Both good QBs though.

Props to Joe Cool and I am very happy he took down Brady and the Pats who are now 7-7 post Spygate (10-0 before).

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 11:44 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/21/steve-gregory-joe-flacco-is-an-elite-quarterback

Here we have it, even players are calling him elite. It must be true. Joe Flacco is elite, he's beaten the best, therefore he is the best QB in the NFL!

BuffyBlueII
01-21-2013, 11:58 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/21/steve-gregory-joe-flacco-is-an-elite-quarterback

Here we have it, even players are calling him elite. It must be true. Joe Flacco is elite, he's beaten the best, therefore he is the best QB in the NFL!

He does have more road playoff wins than any other QB in NFL history.

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 12:07 PM
He does have more road playoff wins than any other QB in NFL history.And he's only been in the NFL since 2008. Must be the best QB in the NFL, the same way we said that Eli was after last year.

It'll be cemented if he wins the SB. Personally, I'm still not sold, but that's the logic that was established on here last year.

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Flacco = G.O.A.T.

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Flacco = G.O.A.T.Yeah, I guess so.............

He passed the "Eli test" in beating top QBs in the playoffs, being clutch, and dominance on the road. He even has players attesting to his "elite-ness."

It'd be one helluva double standard if we don't view Flacco as the best in the league at the same volume that we viewed Eli as the best last year.

Buddy333
01-21-2013, 12:14 PM
No QB has every beaten another QB.

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 12:16 PM
No QB has every beaten another QB.Wait, so you're telling me that everyone who claimed Eli "beat the best" last year was....feeding....me lies?

http://englishdictionaryfree.com/img/hysterical.jpg

TheEnigma
01-21-2013, 12:19 PM
No QB has every beaten another QB.

I'm sure Peyton has beaten Eli on several occasions to take his Capri Sun when they were children.

Buddy333
01-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Lol.

joemorrisforprez
01-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Beat him in the regular season, and twice in the post season. Was super clutch in the postseason, tying the game with 30 seconds to go in Denver. Isn't this how we all determined that Eli was better than Brady? Discuss...

Flacco is not better than Brady....based on pretty much every stat out there.

I'm not going to speak about the "Eli is better than Brady" crowd, because I don't belong to that faction.

However, Eli is a 2-Time Super Bowl MVP....and Flacco is not.

Maybe we'll find out if Flacco is better than Humperdink.....but Brady is floating high above both of them until further notice.

njg85m
01-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I guess so.............

He passed the "Eli test" in beating top QBs in the playoffs, being clutch, and dominance on the road. He even has players attesting to his "elite-ness."

It'd be one helluva double standard if we don't view Flacco as the best in the league at the same volume that we viewed Eli as the best last year.

Your apparent hate for Eli is astounding.
Your "double standard" doesn't, in reality, make a shred of sense either.

When Flacco holds two super bowl rings and 2 SB MVP's and people are still questioning his "eliteness" than your poor analogy will work. But in reality, Eli came in the conversation AFTER he won 2 super bowls and still had his talents questioned.

Again, if you're going to try to use analogies, at least make sure that they are not absolutely ridiculous.

BuffyBlueII
01-21-2013, 02:28 PM
I'll be honest, I never thought Flacco was going to be a good QB, but he is reminding me a lot of Eli. He is a big game QB. He has that clutch big game arm. In fact, he may be the best Big Game QB in the league right now. His arm strength is top notch, his confidence is peaking and he doesn't get down much. I think he may be a better QB then Matt Ryan, who I was really high on during the draft. Now that I think about it, Ryan may be the Peyton Manning and Flacco the Eli. Flacco excels in the playoffs where Ryan struggles. Both good QBs though.

That is a very good comparison. Flacco does remind me of Eli a lot and the run that Baltimore Ravens are on this post season is very similar to our own run last post season.

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Gabbert >>> Brady

BuffyBlueII
01-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Joe Flacco is a damn good QB with a cannon for an arm. He is playing lights out during this post season and in my opinion, is going to lead his team to a victory over San Francisco 49ers in SuperBowl XLVII.

Is he a better QB than Tom Brady? I don’t think that he is.

Is he a better QB than Eli Manning? I don’t think that he is.I think they are very similar and close on the charts. I think Eli reads defenses a little bit better and has a better placement on his throws when he is on his game. I don’t think there is any doubt that Joe Flacco does have the better arm, he has a cannon. Both these guys will be around for awhile and I think both of them will be in the covnersation for awhile.

I think Jim Caldwell taking over as OC was the perfect call for Baltimore Ravens. Too bad NY Giants didn’t think of that first.

TroyArcher
01-21-2013, 02:36 PM
I hope you are kidding.

njg85m
01-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Joe Flacco I don’t think there is any doubt that Joe Flacco does have the better arm, he has a cannon.

No one in the league has the arm that Flacco has. And short of Jamarcus Russell resigning with someone, no one will for quite some time.

BuffyBlueII
01-21-2013, 03:02 PM
No one in the league has the arm that Flacco has. And short of Jamarcus Russell resigning with someone, no one will for quite some time.

+1

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Your apparent hate for Eli is astounding.
Your "double standard" doesn't, in reality, make a shred of sense either.

When Flacco holds two super bowl rings and 2 SB MVP's and people are still questioning his "eliteness" than your poor analogy will work. But in reality, Eli came in the conversation AFTER he won 2 super bowls and still had his talents questioned.

Again, if you're going to try to use analogies, at least make sure that they are not absolutely ridiculous.Apparent hate? What are you talking about?

And if you want to play the SB ring games, why would people compare Eli to Brady when Brady has THREE rings? That ring discrepancy didn't seem to be a problem after last year...

Flip Empty
01-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Flacco has won more AFC Championship games of late, so he has definitely had more overall success than Brady. Flacco is the best quarterback in the league.

Rudyy
01-21-2013, 07:01 PM
But isnt winning AFC Championship games "team games"? I think you wouldnneed to look at individual stats and game play to determine if he's better than Brady. Flacco is a very good QB but not better than Brady.

TCHOF
01-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Played better last night . . .

Rudyy
01-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Played better last night . . .Last night? Definitely. This year? No.

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't say that Eli played better than Rodgers had all year in 2011, but when Eli "beat Rodgers down" in the playoffs, he surpassed him in the minds of Giants fans.

TroyArcher
01-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Last night? Definitely. This year? No.

How about every year they have been in the league together.

Sarcasman
01-21-2013, 09:24 PM

Colin Kaepernick is a superstar.

I stated this a few months back when this board was completely bent over kissing Robert Griifin's butt. That poster who went nuts the night the Giants got eliminated was ragging on me for taking a wait and see perspective with Griffin and because no other posters were agreeing with me he said that essentially proved that I was wrong about Griffin.

I then said since there's no minimum time limit needed to be considered UNBELIEVABLY LEAGUE CHANGING GREAT!!! we should all just put Kaepernick in the HOF fame now.

Then he called me an idiot.

Good times.

TCHOF
01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Colin Kaepernick is a superstar.

I stated this a few months back when this board was completely bent over kissing Robert Griifin's butt. That poster who went nuts the night the Giants got eliminated was ragging on me for taking a wait and see perspective with Griffin and because no other posters were agreeing with me he said that essentially proved that I was wrong about Griffin.

I then said since there's no minimum time limit needed to be considered UNBELIEVABLY LEAGUE CHANGING GREAT!!! we should all just put Kaepernick in the HOF fame now.

Then he called me an idiot.

Good times.

Thought that this was a thread about Flacco and Brady?

I'm not really sure what your point is. Is your point that RGIII isn't a start but Kaepernick is?

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 09:51 PM

I'm not really sure what your point is. Is your point that RGIII isn't a start but Kaepernick is?His point is that when people are arguing over QBs, their extreme positions often cause them to create shoddy precedent that comes back to bite them when it applies to another QB.

Do I think Flacco is better than Brady, Manning, Eli, etc.? Hell no.

Do I think that our reasoning for Eli being the best QB in the league after last year's SB win was iffy at best? Bingo.

Eli is a top 5 QB, and while it's fine to believe that he's better than Brady, or Rodgers, or Brees, or anyone, claiming that it's because the Giants beat the Packers, or the Patriots, or the Saints, is not the way to do it.

The Ravens beat the Broncos, the Giants, and the Patriots (twice this year), that shouldn't mean that their QB is better than all of those teams' QBs. And while people, most at least, would agree with me on this point, that certainly wasn't the case last offseason.

Sarcasman
01-21-2013, 10:27 PM

I'm not really sure what your point is. Is your point that RGIII isn't a start but Kaepernick is?

No, my point is that a handful of good games doesn't make any kind of case for declaring any player anything. So, for example......um....uh......

after a few good games it would be absolutely ludicrous to compare say......................Joe Flacco to Tom Brady.

Sarcasman
01-21-2013, 10:28 PM
His point is that when people are arguing over QBs, their extreme positions often cause them to create shoddy precedent that comes back to bite them when it applies to another QB.

Do I think Flacco is better than Brady, Manning, Eli, etc.? Hell no.

Do I think that our reasoning for Eli being the best QB in the league after last year's SB win was iffy at best? Bingo.

Eli is a top 5 QB, and while it's fine to believe that he's better than Brady, or Rodgers, or Brees, or anyone, claiming that it's because the Giants beat the Packers, or the Patriots, or the Saints, is not the way to do it.

The Ravens beat the Broncos, the Giants, and the Patriots (twice this year), that shouldn't mean that their QB is better than all of those teams' QBs. And while people, most at least, would agree with me on this point, that certainly wasn't the case last offseason.

Yeah, this exactly.

It ain't complicated...............

njg85m
01-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Apparent hate? What are you talking about?

And if you want to play the SB ring games, why would people compare Eli to Brady when Brady has THREE rings? That ring discrepancy didn't seem to be a problem after last year...
Who is saying Brady isn't Elite? I'm not playing the ring game, I'm just responding to your idiotic analogy.

You're asking why Flacco isn't considered Elite after beating Brady, but Eli is (even though a ton of people still claim that he isn't)

When Flacco has 2 SB's and 2 SB MVP's, and people are STILL saying he isn't elite, then and only then does you analogy make any sense. But as of now he has exactly ZERO, so the Eli analogy is completely moot.

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Who is saying Brady isn't Elite? I'm not playing the ring game, I'm just responding to your idiotic analogy.

You're asking why Flacco isn't considered Elite after beating Brady, but Eli is (even though a ton of people still claim that he isn't)

When Flacco has 2 SB's and 2 SB MVP's, and people are STILL saying he isn't elite, then and only then does you analogy make any sense. But as of now he has exactly ZERO, so the Eli analogy is completely moot.Hello ring game.

Flip Empty
01-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Andre Brown has got a ring

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 12:22 AM
How about every year they have been in the league together.Flacco and Brady? Uhhh no..

TCHOF
01-22-2013, 12:24 AM
This thread is way too complicated. Flacco and Eli are very good QB's but neither are better than Brady.

RGIII and Kaepernick are up and coming stars who are exciting to watch, but need to perform consistently over a long period of time before they can be compared to the true greats.

greenca190
01-22-2013, 03:19 AM
Joe Flacco is exactly what any team would want in their quarterback. Routinely wins games, and gets better every year. The Ravens better lock him up for 6 - 7 years, because they have never had a quarterback like him.

I doubt the Ravens care if Joe Flacco is better than Tom Brady or any other quarterback for that matter. They just want the greatest quarterback for their team. They've found him.

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 04:08 AM
Joe Flacco is exactly what any team would want in their quarterback. Routinely wins games, and gets better every year. The Ravens better lock him up for 6 - 7 years, because they have never had a quarterback like him.

I doubt the Ravens care if Joe Flacco is better than Tom Brady or any other quarterback for that matter. They just want the greatest quarterback for their team. They've found him.

+1

EliDaMANning
01-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Flacco is much more clutch, but we have to see more of this during the regular season to say he's better than Brady. I certainly believe it's a lot closer than what most people think.

shocknaweny
01-31-2013, 03:16 PM
No. But I think he is starting to make the argument for Top 5 Elite or definitely Top 10 !!!

shocknaweny
01-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Gabbert >>> Brady

lol

Red Dog
02-02-2013, 09:44 AM
NO!

GMEN86900711
02-03-2013, 09:09 PM
We did include Rodgers in the "Eli beat him, so he's better" debate last year, so yes, he must be better than Peyton, too.

I think we have all determined that Eli is mediocre garbage, Super Bowl wins are worth very little, it's all about what you do in the regular season, and the most important thing is just getting to the playoffs every year. Matt Ryan is the model of what every QB should be. I'd gladly trade those 2 SuperBowl titles for a playoff appearance each of the last 5 seasons.

gmen0820
02-03-2013, 09:14 PM
I think we have all determined that Eli is mediocre garbage, Super Bowl wins are worth very little, it's all about what you do in the regular season, and the most important thing is just getting to the playoffs every year. Matt Ryan is the model of what every QB should be. I'd gladly trade those 2 SuperBowl titles for a playoff appearance each of the last 5 seasons.IS FLACCO BETTER THAN BRADY?
(http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?27345-Is-Flacco-better-than-Brady)

I think you have the wrong thread to bash Eli. He isn't mediocre.

(BTW, pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but your sarcasm makes very little sense)

gmen0820
02-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Add SB MVP to the collection. So, the question stands, is Flacco better than Brady?

BuffyBlueII
02-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Joe Flacco is not better than Tom Brady. However, Joe Flacco is now at the same stage of his career that Eli Manning was after winning SuperBowl XLII.

EliDaMANning
02-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Hard to say no at this point now. Flacco is on the rise and Brady only feasts off of mediocre to pathetic teams during the regular season.

giantyankee1976
02-04-2013, 09:13 PM

Body of Work suggests: No

giantyankee1976
02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
I think we have all determined that Eli is mediocre garbage, Super Bowl wins are worth very little, it's all about what you do in the regular season, and the most important thing is just getting to the playoffs every year. Matt Ryan is the model of what every QB should be. I'd gladly trade those 2 SuperBowl titles for a playoff appearance each of the last 5 seasons.

Falcons troll? Matty Ice is garbage, not worth mentioning. Can't wait for the Saints to lock your Div down again.

Alive741
02-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Falcons troll? Matty Ice is garbage, not worth mentioning. Can't wait for the Saints to lock your Div down again.Next season, my friend..

Imgrate
02-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Love the basis of this thread. People have no consistency in their arguments.