PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Question

giantscolombia
01-21-2013, 10:19 AM
I know the chances of this happening are really dim.
The thought just crossed my mind as I was reading someone's post saying that they didnt care who won the superbowl, "they could all lose"

What happens if a superbowl game is tied like a regular season game?
what happens? do they keep going until someone wins? would they have a second game?

Interesting....

Does anyone know?

slipknottin
01-21-2013, 10:21 AM
They keep playing.

giants8493
01-21-2013, 10:24 AM
overtime , second overtime, etc..

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 10:33 AM
they play to the death.. advantage Ray Lewis..

a4gmen
01-21-2013, 10:44 AM
I despise both teams along their their head coaches.Too bad they both can't lose.Don't know if I'll be watching this one.

egyptian420
01-21-2013, 10:46 AM
I despise both teams along their their head coaches.Too bad they both can't lose.Don't know if I'll be watching this one.It could've been a lot worst, imagine a Jets vs Eagles superbowl...and even that I would watch

The SB is the biggest sporting event of the year imo and I would never miss it no matter how much I hate the teams in it

nhpgiantsfan
01-21-2013, 10:51 AM
they play to the death.. advantage Ray Lewis..

Lmao, well done sir!

thomasjmarino
01-21-2013, 10:51 AM
I despise both teams along their their head coaches.Too bad they both can't lose.Don't know if I'll be watching this one.

Ditto.
I'm done watching football.
No way I'm going to watch 2 weeks of the Harbaugh Family Album.
This is Johnny and Jimmy when they used to take a bath together, and this is Johnny and Jimmy when they first started school, and this is Johnny and Jimmy in PeeWee football, and this is Johnny and Jimmy when they used to help their father and on and on until I puke.

ebick
01-21-2013, 10:52 AM
That was the way I felt about SB XXII (Dallas/Denver). I'll watch this one

giantscolombia
01-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Ditto.
This is Johnny and Jimmy when they used to take a bath together, and this is Johnny and Jimmy when they first started school, and this is Johnny and Jimmy in PeeWee football, and this is Johnny and Jimmy when they used to help their father and on and on until I puke.

ugh! you are totally right!

needless to say, i will stay away from ESPN

Breaking news: Manti Te'o knew his gf was fake
Breaking news: The Harbaughs once eat the same cereal together....

giantscolombia
01-21-2013, 10:56 AM
overtime , second overtime, etc..
yes, but what happens if it is still tied...
regular season they call it a tie, i'm guessing that would not be the case for the superbowl...

BigBlueAllDay
01-21-2013, 11:08 AM
In the playoffs, they keep on playing until someone scores and overtime periods are just treated like the game quarters that will just keep going. There's no tie in the playoff elimination format for any major sport known to man. I know some of us don't like either team but someone is going to win the Superbowl.

njg85m
01-21-2013, 11:12 AM
yes, but what happens if it is still tied...
regular season they call it a tie, i'm guessing that would not be the case for the superbowl...

You're not understanding.
In the playoffs, you cannot have a tie. If the first overtime ends in a tie, a new quarter starts, and on and on and on until someone scores.

tcseacliff
01-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Ditto.

no reason to watch this one , at this point ! NHL just started, why not!

greenca190
01-22-2013, 12:05 AM
You're not understanding.
In the playoffs, you cannot have a tie. If the first overtime ends in a tie, a new quarter starts, and on and on and on until someone scores.

Seriously. This already happened this year with the Ravens vs. Broncos 2-OT game. What a stupid question.

ebick
01-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Seriously. This already happened this year with the Ravens vs. Broncos 2-OT game. What a stupid question.

Never in a SuperBowl, which was the OPs question. However, to the OP, the difference is this....in regular season they play up to one full OT period. In the playoffs, they play as many OTs as it takes for someone to score and win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971%E2%80%9372_NFL_playoffs#AFC:_Miami_Dolphins_2 7.2C_Kansas_City_Chiefs_24_.282OT.29

greenca190
01-22-2013, 01:21 AM
Never in a SuperBowl, which was the OPs question. However, to the OP, the difference is this....in regular season they play up to one full OT period. In the playoffs, they play as many OTs as it takes for someone to score and win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971%E2%80%9372_NFL_playoffs#AFC:_Miami_Dolphins_2 7.2C_Kansas_City_Chiefs_24_.282OT.29

You're right, two weeks ago wasn't the super bowl.

But still. I expect individuals to have a certain amount of common sense.