PDA

View Full Version : Jim Hermann Rejects Eagles, Will Stay With Giants

RoanokeFan
01-21-2013, 12:30 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/21/3899774/jim-herrmann-new-york-giants-philadelphia-eagles-defensive-coordinator-search

Excerpt: "Jim Herrmann, linebackers coach for the New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants), has reportedly withdrawn from consideration for the defensive coordinator position with the Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/philadelphia-eagles). Tom Rock of Newsday reported Monday morning (https://twitter.com/TomRock_Newsday/status/293379376744103936) that Herrmann interviewed with the Eagles over the weekend, but has informed them that he will stay with the Giants.

Herrmann has been the Giants linebackers coach since 2009. He held the same job with the New York Jets (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-jets) for three seasons prior to that." Read more...

Cloud57
01-21-2013, 12:31 PM
I don't know if this is good or bad

RoanokeFan
01-21-2013, 12:47 PM

Which is why you're Cloud :rolleyes:

joemorrisforprez
01-21-2013, 12:49 PM

Based on how our linebackers played last season, I wouldn't say it's good.

Toadofsteel
01-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Can't complain about loyalty to the organization. Either that, or he realized how much of a wretched hive of scum and villany Philadelphia is...

joemorrisforprez
01-21-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm trying to remember the last time the NY Giants Linebackers scared anyone in this league.

RoanokeFan
01-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Can't complain about loyalty to the organization. Either that, or he realized how much of a wretched hive of scum and villany Philadelphia is...

Part B led to Part A lol

thomasjmarino
01-21-2013, 03:49 PM

I'll go with the latter....

McMVP
01-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Or maybe Philly just wanted to pick his brain a bit....

RoanokeFan
01-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Or maybe Philly just wanted to pick his brain a bit....

Or he theirs

McMVP
01-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Or he theirs

That would be more difficult...

It's not as if Chip would say 'this is what we are going to do on offense'...it's irrelevant to the position he was being interviewed for.

Red Dog
01-21-2013, 04:21 PM
What has he been promised?

nhpgiantsfan
01-21-2013, 04:31 PM
He probably felt it would be more rewarding and challenging to try and turn the slop we have at linebacker into a good unit.

TheAnalyst
01-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Sucks how the only coach that got swiped from us was Spags, the only one I wanted to keep.

bearbryant
01-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Exactly, man! Nice!!!

JesseJames
01-21-2013, 05:55 PM
I was actually hoping that Hermann would get the job, nothing against Hermann personally but since our LBers have basically sucked for so long no matter who we put back there I thought it might be time for some new ideas and thinking at that position. I know we haven't exactly given Hermann a lot of talent to work with but still something else might be wrong there and it could be the coach who knows...

joemorrisforprez
01-21-2013, 07:39 PM
I was actually hoping that Hermann would get the job, nothing against Hermann personally but since our LBers have basically sucked for so long no matter who we put back there I thought it might be time for some new ideas and thinking at that position. I know we haven't exactly given Hermann a lot of talent to work with but still something else might be wrong there and it could be the coach who knows...

Reese and Herrmann both deserve a "C-" at best when it comes to how the linebacking unit has been stocked and coached up, respectively

Reese has given the Giants nothing but retreads, conversion projects, and special teamers..... but guys like Herzlich and Rivers should have better upside than what we've seen. And Boley has taken a step back. Something is not getting through to this group.

And it's crazy that Blackburn is the Giants best linebacker.....and yet could have been signed away by another team while Reese dithered.

GTGiantsFan
01-21-2013, 10:22 PM
They have a thing for taking Offensive coaches to run the D. Take Gilbride!!! lol

GiantRoc
01-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Is it the chicken or the egg? Do our LBs look bad due to poor coaching, or do our coaches look bad due to poor talent. To be honest, it could be both. Our better backers were hurt most of the season. I lean toward less talent, in the end. Can't be happy or sad over the news at this point.

Robert21156
01-22-2013, 01:19 AM
"New ideas and thinking"? From the Giants? NOOOOWAYYYY that's happening! Eli runs a great no huddle offense (see just before the half in the Saints game), but how often do we run that? Almost never. I guess we're scared of running our "defense" out there with too little rest.

BlueBlooded1979
01-22-2013, 03:43 AM
They have a thing for taking Offensive coaches to run the D. Take Gilbride!!! lol

The sick was that the defense was better under Castillo than Bowles.

joemorrisforprez
01-22-2013, 04:18 AM
Is it the chicken or the egg? Do our LBs look bad due to poor coaching, or do our coaches look bad due to poor talent. To be honest, it could be both. Our better backers were hurt most of the season. I lean toward less talent, in the end. Can't be happy or sad over the news at this point.

It's a great question.....what is sure is that nothing seems to be happening on the assembly line from drafting to coaching....mediocre in, mediocre out......the "Phillip Dillard Production Line."

Captain Chaos
01-22-2013, 06:51 AM
There's a man with loyalty and who certainly knows there is some unfinished business here in New York!

TCHOF
01-22-2013, 07:18 AM
There's a man with loyalty and who certainly knows there is some unfinished business here in New York!

Not a question of loyalty. The guy felt that it wasn't the right move for him.