PDA

View Full Version : Giant Five: Top Leaders

RoanokeFan
01-21-2013, 12:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/22067/giant-five-top-leaders

Excerpt: "This week we are rolling out some Giants top five lists.

1. QB Eli Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning): He isn't the most vocal of this bunch. In fact, he might be the quietest of them all. But because this team follows his lead and the Giants go as far as he can take them, Manning is at the top of this list.

In the rare moments that he does choose to talk, he commands the team's undivided attention. But really more than anything, Manning leads by example with his steady demeanor. If the Giants are going to be Super Bowl contenders in 2013, Manning has to lead the way and play like the elite quarterback that he was in 2011.

2. S Antrel Rolle (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8423/antrel-rolle): Rolle has emerged as one of the most important leaders on the team. The safety usually rings the alarm when the Giants need a wake-up call. When the Giants aren't showing enough fire or not enough "dog," the safety will let his teammates and the media know.

Rolle often spits out the hard truth when things are going bad and his criticism is often welcomed by teammates, who usually agree with what he has to say. On a team that often needs somebody to be vocal, hold nothing back and hold teammates accountable, Rolle might be the best to play that particular role. " Read more...

Cloud57
01-21-2013, 12:36 PM
who cares who the leaders are, just win the damn games

Buddy333
01-21-2013, 12:37 PM
When he plays well Eli leads by example. Rolle? He hasn't played well at all. Leader? This team should play with the heart of Bradshaw.

BLUDude92
01-21-2013, 02:01 PM
I cannot believe that tuck is on that list!

Old Giant
01-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Who has the creeds to make them play "like crazed dogs".

ShakeandBake
01-21-2013, 02:30 PM
I cannot believe that tuck is on that list!

I agree, absolutely ridiculous.

bigbluetribe
01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
^^^ 2nd

myles2424
01-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Bradshaw has heart like bj did.....not many else... not many leaders on this team

bearbryant
01-21-2013, 05:20 PM
I'd agree that Eli is by far the #1 leader on this team. He does by how he plays, acts in the locker room, conducts himself off the filed and how he treats his teammates consistently. Not a rah, rah guy but at this level thats not critical or is it? I concur that AR always delivers a stirring after the fact critique of what should have been done but he doesn't lead by example, that would piss me off. Tuck had an off year, like many Giants. JT was thrown into the leadership role when strahan left and no one was there to take over the locker room. I'd rather see JPP wake up a bit this season and take that roll.Hey, what's his current weight anyway? It needs attention, maybe a nutitionist! AB a good leader on and off the field. If he's still here in April maybe Stevie Brown can fill a void. His actions on the field speak well and the few times I've heard him talk to the media went nicely. Long off season, we'll see who pops up!

TheAnalyst
01-21-2013, 05:27 PM
You know who I give the hustle awards to:

Blackburn, Bradshaw, Kuhn, Hyno and Will Hill. Those guys never slowed up one bit. Every play they were out there they gave 110%.

mike kennedy
01-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Corey Webster.....He led the other team into the endzone.