PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want us to draft and why?

egyptian420
01-21-2013, 01:00 PM
I don't watch college football a lot but I usually start watching highlights of all the prospects after the SB.

I personally wouldn't mind the BPA if they were OL, DL, LB, or CB

Anyone in particular you guys want? and why? (if you don't know anyone by name, just list the position)

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Ogletree.. in my opinion, MLB is the biggest need..
if guys like Warmack, Banks or Richardson fall, I'd be happy also.

DEs I like.. Okafor & Ansah

PBTimmons
01-21-2013, 01:19 PM
I think Chance Warmack, G (Alabama) would really make a huge impact on this team. I also really like Matt Elam, S (Florida) - he's a true football player, intensity on every play.

egyptian420
01-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Ogletree.. in my opinion, MLB is the biggest need..
if guys like Warmack, Banks or Richardson fall, I'd be happy also.

DEs I like.. Okafor & AnsahI've seen footage on Ogletree and Ansah so far, they look good but I'm hearing that they'll be out of reach for us

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 01:23 PM
^^ the combine will tell all..

TheEnigma
01-21-2013, 01:25 PM
No single player really stands out to me at the 19th spot right now but there's a bunch of guys I wouldn't mind. I'm more decided in regards to the 2nd - 4th round range.

juice33s
01-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Ogletree...He's got the dog mentality that this D lacks

joemorrisforprez
01-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Here's what I've got (very rough draft) from rounds 1 to 4, in order of preference

Alot depends on what happens in prior rounds (i.e, if Giants go OL in 1st, I'd hope they'd address a different position in the 2nd, etc).

I'm not listing guys that I don't expect to be around when the Giants are on the clock....basically looking at guys that are projected to be +/- 3 picks from the Giants pick in each round.

1st Round:

Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia (not sure if he's around, but at 6-3 and 351 he's literally too big to pass up if available)
DJ Fluker, RT, Alabama (Dallas might snag him, if not, Fluker could be long-term anchor for years).
Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia (he'd be a great consolation prize if Jenkins and Fluker are gone.....speed, plus great run defender).
Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan (already has polish and footwork....at 6'-7" has frame to bulk up without losing speed....smooth blocker).

2nd Round

Alex Okafor, LB, Texas
Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers (absolutely love this kid's speed...a little undersized for pro LB, but would thrive in Fewell's system; a much better pursuit defender....doesn't have the bulk/strength to shed blocks head-on, but killer sideline speed to defend the edge in run support; former safety, so would excel as coverage LB; would upgrade the gang-tackling ability of the Giants defense).
Sylvester Williams, DT, NC

3rd Round

Alex Hurst, RT, LSU
Kyle Long, LT, Oregon
Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois

4th Round

Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State
Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas
Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State

TheEnigma
01-21-2013, 02:02 PM
2nd Round

Alex Okafor, LB, Texas
Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma

I'd be ecstatic if one of those guys were available in the 2nd. Okafor's pass rushing ability is just too good to drop that far and Lane Johnson benefits from good measurables and other OTs dropping out of the draft. Who knows though.

quan the don
01-21-2013, 02:04 PM
After watching some of the Championship Games, I'm 100% for offensive line. with a good O-Line the Giants can control the game with the run, and Eli will pick apart D's if they have to fear the run with some Play-action. Look at how much time Brady gets, look at how San Fran dominated on the ground. Even Baltimore was impressive that last drive to end the game where NE knew the run was coming but couldn't stop it. Chance Warmack or Johnathan Cooper would be my choice.

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
I'd be ecstatic if one of those guys were available in the 2nd. Okafor's pass rushing ability is just too good to drop that far and Lane Johnson benefits from good measurables and other OTs dropping out of the draft. Who knows though.

best case senerio if those 2 are still there..

joemorrisforprez
01-21-2013, 02:30 PM
After watching some of the Championship Games, I'm 100% for offensive line. with a good O-Line the Giants can control the game with the run, and Eli will pick apart D's if they have to fear the run with some Play-action. Look at how much time Brady gets, look at how San Fran dominated on the ground. Even Baltimore was impressive that last drive to end the game where NE knew the run was coming but couldn't stop it. Chance Warmack or Johnathan Cooper would be my choice.

Good points.....those singing the praises of the read-option need to recognize the offensive lines. SF's offensive line might be the best in the NFL. Shanahan has always been a mastermind in the running game too, and he took his magic from Denver to DC.

giantscolombia
01-21-2013, 03:30 PM
any chance Manti falls to us?
would you guys want him?

titwio
01-21-2013, 04:02 PM
My top three right now are Warmack, Fisher or Banks...in that order. Very good chance all may be gone before 19 but with the combine and workouts you can never be sure who'll slide.

The idea of having C.Warmack blocking for Wilson has me salivating...the dude just plays so strong and vicious. Fisher is huge (6"7) nasty blocker with a solid frame who could immediately fill the void at RT...and Jonathon Banks is my boy. I think he's better Dee Milliner... he adds size, long arms to jam receivers, good speed and has value to contribute in the return right away while he's groomed to succeed Webster.

The Giants land any of those players I'd be ecstatic.

myles2424
01-21-2013, 04:40 PM
I think Chance Warmack, G (Alabama) would really make a huge impact on this team. I also really like Matt Elam, S (Florida) - he's a true football player, intensity on every play.

I like Elam, but unless they plan on getting rid of Rolle or not signing Phillips, then I cant see drafting a S in the 1st.....Hill,Rolle,Phillips,Brown,Rookie is pretty crowded...

PBTimmons
01-21-2013, 05:04 PM
I like Elam, but unless they plan on getting rid of Rolle or not signing Phillips, then I cant see drafting a S in the 1st.....Hill,Rolle,Phillips,Brown,Rookie is pretty crowded...

Agreed but it seems like they might let KP hit the market instead of signing him. Stevie Brown is also an unknown at this point as an RFA. Considering the cap situation it's also not unreasonable to think Rolle could be a goner. Depending on how all it shapes up we could have a need at Safety.

Elam also seems to be the kind of player the Giants like. He has versatility to play Safety/Corner/Backer but definitely looks best at FS.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 05:12 PM

the giants will most likely go Defense in the first 2 rounds, possibly 3 unless an extremely juicy OL prospect falls to us. historically they draft defense in the 1st round,,and CB more times than not in the first or second the past 20 or so years.

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 05:24 PM
1st round guys i'd like

1). Alec Ogletree OLB Georgia
2). Ez Ansah DE BYU
3). Chance Warmack G/ Eric Fisher OT Bama/ C.Mich
4). Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma(i love this kid, and see his stock in the 1st rd when draft times here).
5). Kawaan Short DT Purdue(i like em better then Richardson and think hes a 1st rd talent who will go in RD1 on draft day.)

RD 2 Guys i'd love
1). Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers
2). Kevin Minter ILB LSU
3). Kawaan Short DT Purdue(if he don't go in RD1, i'd be esstatic to get em in rd 2)
4).Logan Ryan CB Rutgers/ Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St/ Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St
5). Sylvester Williams DT UNC

RD3 guys i'd love
1). Jamar Taylor CB Boise St(freaking love em!)
2). Desmond Trufant CB Washington
3). Tank Carradine DE Florida St.
4). Gerald Hodges OLB Penn St/ Kevin Red**** ILB UNC
5). Mallichiah Goodman DE Clemson/ Datone Jones DE UCLA/ Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina

RD 4 guys i'd love

1). Kevin Red**** ILB UNC
2). Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina
3). DJ Swearinger S S.Carolina
4). Levine Toiolo TE Stanford/ Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St.
5). Micah Hyde CB Iowa/ Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois

A few other players u could plus in and i'd be happy would be- Sio Moore OLB UCONN(rd 3or4), Brennan Williams OT UNC, (RD3), TJ McDonald S USC(RD3), Baccari Rambo S Georgia(rd 2 or 3), Zac Ertz TE Stanford(RD2)..

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 05:44 PM
1st round guys i'd like

2). Ez Ansah DE BYU
4). Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma(i love this kid, and see his stock in the 1st rd when draft times here).
5). Kawaan Short DT Purdue(i like em better then Richardson and think hes a 1st rd talent who will go in RD1 on draft day.)

RD 2 Guys i'd love
2). Kevin Minter ILB LSU
3). Kawaan Short DT Purdue(if he don't go in RD1, i'd be esstatic to get em in rd 2)
4).Logan Ryan CB Rutgers/ Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St/ Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St

RD3 guys i'd love
5). Mallichiah Goodman DE Clemson/ Datone Jones DE UCLA/ Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina

RD 4 guys i'd love

A few other players u could plus in and i'd be happy would be- Sio Moore OLB UCONN(rd 3or4), Brennan Williams OT UNC, (RD3), TJ McDonald S USC(RD3), Baccari Rambo S Georgia(rd 2 or 3), Zac Ertz TE Stanford(RD2)..

something about hodges and being a penn state LB that really makes me interested. also,,he was pretty pissed off he did not get an invite to the senior bowl,,,so he is obviously coming to the table with a chip on his shoulder,,,I like that.

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 06:00 PM
something about hodges and being a penn state LB that really makes me interested. also,,he was pretty pissed off he did not get an invite to the senior bowl,,,so he is obviously coming to the table with a chip on his shoulder,,,I like that. Ya, he is really good. A rangy guy, with length, and u can blitz em, hes not a weakness in coverege, plays the game the right way, and also very hard..etc Hes a quality quality player.. He kinda reminds me of a safe pick, that could turn out even better then that, possibly...

BlueSanta
01-21-2013, 08:26 PM
1st round guys i'd like

2). Ez Ansah DE BYU

RD 2 Guys i'd love
2). Kevin Minter ILB LSU

RD3 guys i'd love

RD 4 guys i'd love

What happened to you and Okafor? You were quite high on him during the season. What changed?

Personally, I still think he is a comparable prospect to Ansah. What has changed your mind? I dont see you mention him at all.

Btw, with regards to your above list. I think Warmack is the best prospect on your list of 1st rounders. I know guard isnt as high a value position, but he is the best player in that group and will likely be rated above those other guys. I also struggle to believe, although I know some project him to go there, that Trufant will be a 3rd rounder. If he does fall that far, I have to believe it is a case of him just being hidden up in the pacific northwest away from people. I also struggle with the notion of Carradine as a 3rd rounder. Him being a passrusher, and the extraordinary value they hold these days, i just dont see someone taking a chance on him sooner despite his knee injury.

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 08:33 PM
What happened to you and Okafor? You were quite high on him during the season. What changed?

Personally, I still think he is a comparable prospect to Ansah. What has changed your mind? I dont see you mention him at all.

Btw, with regards to your above list. I think Warmack is the best prospect on your list of 1st rounders. I know guard isnt as high a value position, but he is the best player in that group and will likely be rated above those other guys. I also struggle to believe, although I know some project him to go there, that Trufant will be a 3rd rounder. If he does fall that far, I have to believe it is a case of him just being hidden up in the pacific northwest away from people. I also struggle with the notion of Carradine as a 3rd rounder. Him being a passrusher, and the extraordinary value they hold these days, i just dont see someone taking a chance on him sooner despite his knee injury.Carradine I think will go late 2nd round. There are 3 Second tier guys i like Carradine,Buchanan and Goodman. All bring something different.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Ya, he is really good. A rangy guy, with length, and u can blitz em, hes not a weakness in coverege, plays the game the right way, and also very hard..etc Hes a quality quality player.. He kinda reminds me of a safe pick, that could turn out even better then that, possibly...

so 3rd round for hogdes? I dont see him going before then but late 2nd could be possible? definitely gone by the fourth?

jaxnygmen
01-21-2013, 09:36 PM
I think Fluker would be ideal, he is a mountain and can move. Ogletree is a strong LB, saw him a few times being from the south. Warmack is another solid pick but I think we need tackles more than a guard. I would pass on Greene. I have seen footage and he can not shed any blockers, this is our issue now. Minter is stronger if Bostic from Florida goes later, he might be a could pickup in the fourth or fifth round.

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 05:54 AM
Carradine I think will go late 2nd round. There are 3 Second tier guys i like Carradine,Buchanan and Goodman. All bring something different. Datone JOnes is no joke as well.. I like Goodman and Jones...

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 05:56 AM

Btw, with regards to your above list. I think Warmack is the best prospect on your list of 1st rounders. I know guard isnt as high a value position, but he is the best player in that group and will likely be rated above those other guys. I also struggle to believe, although I know some project him to go there, that Trufant will be a 3rd rounder. If he does fall that far, I have to believe it is a case of him just being hidden up in the pacific northwest away from people. I also struggle with the notion of Carradine as a 3rd rounder. Him being a passrusher, and the extraordinary value they hold these days, i just dont see someone taking a chance on him sooner despite his knee injury. I still like em.. This draft is loaded with prospects, and players i like, possibly more then any draft in some time, and even though i listed 1-5, if i had a 6th guy and sometimes 7th guy, i'd still be pleased with us getting them, and Okafor would be there if i went to a 6th or 7th guy in RD1... I just like alot of players this yr..

I noticed Kawaan Short killed it in first practice for Sr Bowl,a s well as Kevin Red****, Jordan Poyer(had a few down moments, but mostly good), Jamar Taylor, Lane Johnson(pass blockings insane), and Jordan Hill as well.. As u know, Jordan Hill is a guy i very much like, and he was pretty outstanding from what i read yesterday as well.. I know u don't care for Hill that much...

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 05:58 AM
so 3rd round for hogdes? I dont see him going before then but late 2nd could be possible? definitely gone by the fourth? I think hes definetly gone by 4th rd, and most likely a 3rd rder, with a slight possiblity for 2nd, if a team falls in love.. After Greene, Brown, Ogletree, Minter, and Te'o, i think LB for 4/3 falls off, and the next tier is Kevin Red**** and Gerald Hodges, so i feel both Red**** and Hodges will go in RD 3, with slight chance of very late 2nd...

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 06:00 AM

Btw, with regards to your above list. I think Warmack is the best prospect on your list of 1st rounders. I know guard isnt as high a value position, but he is the best player in that group and will likely be rated above those other guys. I also struggle to believe, although I know some project him to go there, that Trufant will be a 3rd rounder. If he does fall that far, I have to believe it is a case of him just being hidden up in the pacific northwest away from people. I also struggle with the notion of Carradine as a 3rd rounder. Him being a passrusher, and the extraordinary value they hold these days, i just dont see someone taking a chance on him sooner despite his knee injury. As far as Trufant, don't forget this threads for "who u want" and to me, kinda sounds like a thread for best case scenarios to how u feel about it, type thing.. Now, i'd be ok with getting Trufant in RD2, as i think hes that good, but since i have seen him in RD3 and its obviously possible for him to go there, i put him in my 3rd rd hopeful range.. Hes just a player i really like and would be esstatic in RD3 to get em, but would also have no issue getting em in RD2..

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 08:52 AM
add Lane Johnson to my list.. big fan

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 08:56 AM
add Lane Johnson to my list.. big fan Yup, i agree.. I think hes a 1st rder, on the rise and with draft class not overly deep with OT prospects, and it being such a coveted positon, Johnson's in prime positon to be a 1st rd pick.. Hes a great pass blocker, and has frame to add quite a few lbs and get stronger in Run game.. Also very athletic.. I like em alot..

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Carradine I think will go late 2nd round. There are 3 Second tier guys i like Carradine,Buchanan and Goodman. All bring something different. Ya, i think late 2nd is a great possiblity with Carradine as well.. Ur taking a chance on a physical freak with good size who was piling up production on a coveted positon, who was perdicted 1st rd before injury, so its a definete possiblity some team will snatch em up in RD2.. I woulden't mind if it was us..

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Yup, i agree.. I think hes a 1st rder, on the rise and with draft class not overly deep with OT prospects, and it being such a coveted positon, Johnson's in prime positon to be a 1st rd pick.. Hes a great pass blocker, and has frame to add quite a few lbs and get stronger in Run game.. Also very athletic.. I like em alot..

kind of reminds me of Nate Solder..

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 10:16 AM
kind of reminds me of Nate Solder.. Ya, hes kinda in that Solder/Vollmer/Veldheer type group... I can agree with that...

Redeyejedi
01-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Thinking about before how the guy on Football Future was arguing with me about Ansah a few months ago when I said he would be a 1st round pick. Guy said he shouldnt go before the 6th round

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Thinking about before how the guy on Football Future was arguing with me about Ansah a few months ago when I said he would be a 1st round pick. Guy said he shouldnt go before the 6th round Sweet!

BlueSanta
01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
I know u don't care for Hill that much...

What makes you say that?.

It was during your Michael Mauti posts earlier this year that I said every time I go to watch Mauti I end up watching Hill. I like Hill very much.

Kruunch
01-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Thinking about before how the guy on Football Future was arguing with me about Ansah a few months ago when I said he would be a 1st round pick. Guy said he shouldnt go before the 6th round

Lol a few months ago he would have been correct.

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 06:20 PM
What makes you say that?.

It was during your Michael Mauti posts earlier this year that I said every time I go to watch Mauti I end up watching Hill. I like Hill very much. Maybe it was Kawaan Short who u didn't care for? One of those 2 u thought wasen't good enough pass rusher, and i think ur right about hill, and it was Kawaan Short, who i love... My bad..

evojutsu
01-23-2013, 09:22 AM
1st round guys i'd like

2). Ez Ansah DE BYU

RD 2 Guys i'd love
2). Kevin Minter ILB LSU

RD3 guys i'd love

RD 4 guys i'd love

you've got the right idea. i like everything here. Depends on how giants address FA and the combine increases or decreases the value of some of these guys

Redeyejedi
01-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Lol a few months ago he would have been correct.Not really I took 1 look at him and knew he was going to go in the Top 2 Rounds

Carter.525
01-23-2013, 10:06 AM
I'd be happy with Ogletree or Lane Johnson at this point..

nycsportzfan
01-23-2013, 04:43 PM
you've got the right idea. i like everything here. Depends on how giants address FA and the combine increases or decreases the value of some of these guys Thanks buddy.. Ya, Lane Johnson is cruising up the ranks, just as i expected.. Hes going in the 1st, pretty much guranteed.. He actually could end up on the Giants radar.. Heres a cool article from CBS.COM

2013 Senior Bowl: Tuesday risers-fallers
By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst
January 22, 2013 6:44 pm ET RISERS
OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan (North Team)
After two days of practice, it's clear that Eric Fisher has separated himself as the best prospect in Mobile this week. He hasn't been perfect, but he has won more battles than he's lost, displaying the coordination and feet to hold up in space. Although he will get too tall at times, Fisher has shown better base strength than expected to absorb contact and hold his ground to control blockers, flashing a nasty demeanor as well. He has cemented himself as a top-12 pick, and it isn't a stretch to consider him one of this year's top prospects.

TE Vance McDonald, Rice (South Team)
With Travis Kelce pulling out of the Senior Bowl due to injury, the distinction of top tight end in Mobile is wide open, but Vance McDonald is making a strong case for the spot. He looks the part with broad shoulders, long arms (34.5 inch) and big hands (10 inch) to extend and pluck the ball out of the air. McDonald also looked aggressive during blocking drills, staying balanced through contact and flashing a finishing attitude. He did have some drops on Tuesday when trying to run before securing the grab, but for the most part, McDonald has been impressive this week and is making a strong case to be a top-100 pick in April.

WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech (South Team)
Although this year's senior wide receiver group doesn't have a lock first-round talent, Quinton Patton is making a strong case to be considered among the top-32 picks. Thus far at practice, he has looked more impressive than Baylor's Terrance Williams and others with his controlled athleticism to separate and change gears. Patton doesn't have elite size (6-foot, 202) or speed, but he plays fast and balanced with the hands to be a reliable go-to target. He likely won't get out of the top-60 selections.

OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma (South Team)
There is no question that Eric Fisher has been spectacular thus far, but Lane Johnson has also been impressive and isn't far behind Fisher in the tackle rankings. Lining up at both left and right tackle, he has looked very natural in his kickslide off the snap with a very wide base to cover a lot of ground, not lumbering or struggling to adjust to edge rushers. Johnson has only two years of experience on the offensive line and it shows at times, but his combination of length (35-inch arms), hand strength and movement skills should guarantee him a spot in the top-20 picks, possibly in the top-15.

DE Datone Jones, UCLA (North Team)
After an impressive practice on Monday, Datone Jones kept the momentum going on Tuesday, standing out as one of the best defensive stars on the North squad. He is very strong from head to toe and does a nice job using his powerful arms and hands to rip past blockers. He wasn't overly productive as a pass rusher at UCLA, largely due to the fact that he was moved all over the Bruins' hybrid 3-4 scheme, but he did make 19 tackles for loss as a senior with his impressive blend of burst and power to dispose of blockers at the point of attack. Jones is a name that will start to appear in first-round mock drafts moving forward.

FALLERS
C Braxston Cave, Notre Dame (North Team)
This year's crop of centers leaves much to be desired, and the group in Mobile hasn't done much to change that opinion. Braxston Cave was the anchor of Notre Dame's offensive line this past season, but he has struggled to sustain blocks during practice this week, playing tight and lacking the athleticism to recover. He needs to be more aggressive with his hands and stay balanced in his stance to control defenders and not overextend himself.

CB Will Davis, Utah State (North Team)
After a strong senior season, Will Davis created some buzz as a possible early-round draft choice, but so far through two practices, he hasn't lived up to those expectations. He has struggled on an island in man coverage, playing undisciplined and often getting turned around by receivers. Davis has the athleticism and ability to potentially start at the next level, but he needs to do a better job staying balanced to anticipate routes and gain accurate position.

DRAFT NOTES:
-- Syracuse offensive tackle Justin Pugh is an intriguing prospect, but through two practices it has become more evident that his best position is probably inside at guard. He has the mobility and body control to protect the edge, but he has suspect core strength and struggles to properly use his hands to control rushers at the point of attack. Pugh also lacks the length (31.5-inch arms) and growth potential to convince NFL teams he can stay at left tackle.

-- While tight end Vance McDonald has impressed on the South squad, Colorado tight end Nick Kasa has stood out on the North team. A former defensive end, he didn't make the move to offense until late last season, entering the 2012 campaign with just one career catch on his resume. Kasa plays a bit tight and bulky, but he is an intriguing athlete and has really impressed as a blocker this week. He obviously needs some more seasoning, but the tools are there for Kasa to be an interesting developmental draft choice early on the third day.

-- The South team has been mixing and matching their offensive linemen through the first two practices with players like Lane Johnson and Oday Aboushi seeing reps on both the left and right sides. Florida tackle Xavier Nixon also has moved around the offensive line this week, seeing extensive time at left tackle, where he lined up mostly in Gainesville, but also taking reps inside at left guard on Tuesday. He flashed the hand strength to deliver a jolt off the snap and hold his ground, but his best attribute is his feet and athleticism, which makes him a better fit on the outside.

-- Oregon offensive lineman Kyle Long was absent from the South practice on Tuesday due to dehydration, according to his Twitter account. He needed an IV for over an hour and had a tough time keeping food or liquids down, However, he is expected to be back on the practice field on Wednesday.

TheShouldersOf
01-26-2013, 02:54 AM
i would love a couple of athletic offensive linemen, can get to the second level in run blocking and block in space, can pull, trap etc could open up a world of opportunity for Wilson

Dion Jordan on defense

giantsfan420
01-26-2013, 03:33 AM
Yup, i agree.. I think hes a 1st rder, on the rise and with draft class not overly deep with OT prospects, and it being such a coveted positon, Johnson's in prime positon to be a 1st rd pick.. Hes a great pass blocker, and has frame to add quite a few lbs and get stronger in Run game.. Also very athletic.. I like em alot..hes a def. first rounder. only thing, id rather fisher over him bc fisher has a better base and can anchor much better. I also cant see a way Johnson would start for us or really contribute that much rookie yr. he has to add some weight to that frame, quite a bit imho...while fisher is pretty much good to go at RT. We need a RT really remember that too and run blocking is as important as pass blocking as a RT whereas a LT places more emphasis on pass protection (bc its the blindside). And in that regard, Fisher is the much better choice for us, as he is already a mauler, physical run blocker...only thing is Fisher prob goes before Johnson and before we can pick...so it just might have to be johnson

myles2424
01-26-2013, 07:10 AM
Someone says this every year, but I'd be a fan of trading back....
1.we have alot of needs & not much FA $$....
2.i see a few guys that could be decent picks, but I don't see anyone amazing dropping to us like when we grabbed Prince...I can definetly see BpA being highly debatable between 3-4 guys without a clearcut pick

nycsportzfan
01-26-2013, 07:23 AM
hes a def. first rounder. only thing, id rather fisher over him bc fisher has a better base and can anchor much better. I also cant see a way Johnson would start for us or really contribute that much rookie yr. he has to add some weight to that frame, quite a bit imho...while fisher is pretty much good to go at RT. We need a RT really remember that too and run blocking is as important as pass blocking as a RT whereas a LT places more emphasis on pass protection (bc its the blindside). And in that regard, Fisher is the much better choice for us, as he is already a mauler, physical run blocker...only thing is Fisher prob goes before Johnson and before we can pick...so it just might have to be johnson I was gonna say, who woulden't want Fisher over Johnson? Thats like saying u like Jonathan Banks, and i come back and say, "Ya i like banks but would rather Milliner"..lol

Bottom line, i knew Lane Johnson was gonna climb up the ranks, and was never gonna go Mid 2nd like alot had em going just 2 wks or so ago, and hes very talented, and similar in alot of ways to fisher, as far as length, body type, and skill set, with Fisher being just a bit more of a All around prospect, giving him the edge.. I absoulutley love Eric Fisher, but would have no issue at all with Lane Johnson...

THis draft class is by far the best i've seen in all my days of watching football and the draft, and thats saying something! I was on record as not liking our draft last yr, but i have a feeling, i'm gonna be hard pressed to not love it this yr, because theres tons and tons of prospects i really like..

Only way GIANTS can mess up our 1st, is if they take a TE like Eifert or Ertz, which they most likely woulden't do.. And its not that i don't love those 2 as TE prospects, but because theres 2much value at 19 to be messing with a TE, in what now is a loaded TE class with Gavin Escobar, Mychal Rivera, Jordan Reed, and Levine Toiolo, Dion Sims all joining Ertz, Eifert, Fauria, Kelce, and i'm sure i missed a few..

Imgrate
01-26-2013, 07:49 AM
No lb og c rb or te and I'll be fine with it

TCHOF
01-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Someone says this every year, but I'd be a fan of trading back....
1.we have alot of needs & not much FA $$....
2.i see a few guys that could be decent picks, but I don't see anyone amazing dropping to us like when we grabbed Prince...I can definetly see BpA being highly debatable between 3-4 guys without a clearcut pick

I would love to see us trade back

TheEnigma
01-26-2013, 08:43 AM
hes a def. first rounder. only thing, id rather fisher over him bc fisher has a better base and can anchor much better. I also cant see a way Johnson would start for us or really contribute that much rookie yr. he has to add some weight to that frame, quite a bit imho...while fisher is pretty much good to go at RT. We need a RT really remember that too and run blocking is as important as pass blocking as a RT whereas a LT places more emphasis on pass protection (bc its the blindside). And in that regard, Fisher is the much better choice for us, as he is already a mauler, physical run blocker...only thing is Fisher prob goes before Johnson and before we can pick...so it just might have to be johnson

Not sure your weight statement is correct. Diehl is only 304lbs for a tackle (extremely slow and lacks agility for his weight) and Chris Snee isn't a large RG at 305lbs. Lane is currently sitting at 302 but it isn't hard to imagine that during the preseason, he could shoot up to the 307 range. If anything holds him back, it would be expected rookie struggles to adjust to the playbook/scheme.

Redeyejedi
01-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Not sure your weight statement is correct. Diehl is only 304lbs for a tackle (extremely slow and lacks agility for his weight) and Chris Snee isn't a large RG at 305lbs. Lane is currently sitting at 302 but it isn't hard to imagine that during the preseason, he could shoot up to the 307 range. If anything holds him back, it would be expected rookie struggles to adjust to the playbook/scheme.Beatty played at 285 in College and is now 320. Lane would have no problem putting on a few pounds