PDA

View Full Version : Defensive conditioning

gfanblue
01-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Listening to Mike n Mike today and Jaworski commented on how physical the ravens D was late in the season and attributed it fantastic conditioning. I would agree totally. Some have pointed to injuries that plague the giants as a direct link to conditioning. Now I know all teams suffer injuries, its football. But I felt both teams going in to the superbowl have dominating defensive players and it seems the conditioning their coaches put upon them certainly pays off.

thomasjmarino
01-21-2013, 05:38 PM
I've been on this for a long time.
The Giants coaches need to do a much better job with this.
There has to be much more time dedicated to the conditioning of these athletes.
These nagging injuries that continue from one year to the next cannot be acceptable.
Thank You!!!

YATittle1962
01-21-2013, 05:54 PM
the Giants have one of the best conditioning staffs not only in the NFL but in all of sports

Jerry Palmieri is an award winning strength and conditioning trainer and is highly regarded and coveted in the league

Drez
01-21-2013, 05:56 PM
the Giants have one of the best conditioning staffs not only in the NFL but in all of sports

Jerry Palmieri is an award winning strength and conditioning trainer and is highly regarded and coveted in the league
No matter how often you say it, people will still not believe you.

JesseJames
01-21-2013, 05:57 PM
defensive conditioning could very well be the problem since the team seems to run out of gas as the season goes on

gfanblue
01-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Exactly. The majority of the time you see alot of "hands on hips"

bigbluetribe
01-21-2013, 07:22 PM
yea I dont buy our great conditioning because on the field shows otherwise. That award is probably more like NBA all star game where people just vote the guys they know and you get tracy mcgrady 5 years out of his prime with no knees and averaging 5 ppg getting to play in the all star game

joemorrisforprez
01-21-2013, 07:24 PM
yea I dont buy our great conditioning because on the field shows otherwise. That award is probably more like NBA all star game where people just vote the guys they know and you get tracy mcgrady 5 years out of his prime with no knees and averaging 5 ppg getting to play in the all star game

I have to agree with you. The Giants looked spent against the Falcons and Ravens.

YATittle1962
01-21-2013, 07:24 PM
if these guys are not motivated enough to keep them selves in top condition there is nothing any trainer or coach can do

these are grown men people

the NY Giants trainers put them on the best lifting , cardio, and dietary programs ...... custom built for each player

if they are winded and out of shape it is their own lazy *** fault for not putting in the extra work

any pro athlete that needs his hand held by a coach or trainer will not last long in any league

YATittle1962
01-21-2013, 07:27 PM

ok.....so grown men need their hands held to stay conditioned?

and yes Jerry is award winning voted on by his peers ....the best in the business

bigbluetribe
01-21-2013, 07:28 PM
but YA could their lak of motivation be attributed to coaching staff though?

bigbluetribe
01-21-2013, 07:29 PM
and ya dont tell me you think these guys are grown men. lets not be so naive here

joemorrisforprez
01-21-2013, 07:32 PM
if these guys are not motivated enough to keep them selves in top condition there is nothing any trainer or coach can do

these are grown men people

the NY Giants trainers put them on the best lifting , cardio, and dietary programs ...... custom built for each player

if they are winded and out of shape it is their own lazy *** fault for not putting in the extra work

any pro athlete that needs his hand held by a coach or trainer will not last long in any league

Something is apparently not getting communicated, then.

Marvin Austin won't be gracing a Wheaties box anytime soon.

YATittle1962
01-21-2013, 07:33 PM
but YA could their lak of motivation be attributed to coaching staff though?

I'm not in the lockerroom so I have no idea

what I do know is that these players love Jerry

and he goes out of his way for them on a daily basis and loves every one of his players like they are family.....some even call him papa Palmieri

YATittle1962
01-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Something is apparently not getting communicated, then.

Marvin Austin won't be gracing a Wheaties box anytime soon.

do you honestly need me to tell you that Marvin Austin is a lazy ***?

all the coaching and motivational speaking in the world couldn't get that kid off his backside

joemorrisforprez
01-21-2013, 07:43 PM
do you honestly need me to tell you that Marvin Austin is a lazy ***?

all the coaching and motivational speaking in the world couldn't get that kid off his backside

I agree these are grown men....I also have a dim view of Austin.....but it's the job of the coaches and trainers to prepare these guys and hold them accountable.

MikeSherrard
01-21-2013, 08:49 PM
HGH= Ravens

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Listening to Mike n Mike today and Jaworski commented on how physical the ravens D was late in the season and attributed it fantastic conditioning. I would agree totally. Some have pointed to injuries that plague the giants as a direct link to conditioning. Now I know all teams suffer injuries, its football. But I felt both teams going in to the superbowl have dominating defensive players and it seems the conditioning their coaches put upon them certainly pays off.

did we win the super bowl last year or is it just me?

DVision
01-21-2013, 08:57 PM
I guess the strength and conditioning staff did a better job last season. /s

If you haven't noticed the Ravens run has been very similar!

thomasjmarino
01-21-2013, 09:00 PM
I may not know as much as others here but I do know this:
This team is far from being in top condition. Excellent points have been made here.
Players being winded at the end of the games is a perfect example.
And what about Bradshaw and Nicks?
And others who can't get on the field?
I know injuries happen in the NFL but I'm sure things would be different if these guys were in, and maintained, top condition.
And what's this Papa stuff?
I want championships not a Papa.
This organization needs to be much more aggressive in a whole bunch of areas.

PennState1
01-21-2013, 09:29 PM
if these guys are not motivated enough to keep them selves in top condition there is nothing any trainer or coach can do these are grown men peoplethe NY Giants trainers put them on the best lifting , cardio, and dietary programs ...... custom built for each playerif they are winded and out of shape it is their own lazy *** fault for not putting in the extra workany pro athlete that needs his hand held by a coach or trainer will not last long in any league TOTALLY agree!! It goes beyond this. Personal reaponsibility and accountability is soon to be a lost art

YATittle1962
01-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I may not know as much as others here but I do know this:
This team is far from being in top condition. Excellent points have been made here.
Players being winded at the end of the games is a perfect example.
And what about Bradshaw and Nicks?
And others who can't get on the field?
I know injuries happen in the NFL but I'm sure things would be different if these guys were in, and maintained, top condition.
And what's this Papa stuff?
I want championships not a Papa.
This organization needs to be much more aggressive in a whole bunch of areas.

these are professional athletes ...do you think they are in poor condition?

and tell me specifically what injuries you think are due to poor conditioning so I can tell you that you are out of your mind

yes they call Jerry pop because they love him and he loves them......

have you ever been on a team before?

do you have any idea how important it is for the members of a team to believe in each other and care for each other ?

do you have any idea how important it is to trust and care for those who are mentoring and training you ?

do you know how important it is to have that love...that brotherhood ?

thats the way they feel about Jerry

I have seen it first hand on many occasions

these players love him and would walk through fire for him

CowboysSuck
01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
To YATitle:

Knowledge and experience in the field of so called "strength and conditioning" has no bearing on whether or not hes demanding enough on the players. His reach in this organization is limited. Conditioning is also a task performed by the HC. If TC didnt like a certain practice, it is is his complete control to tell the whole team to go run 3 miles.

ok ok, I understand you're argument. But you are old and stubborn on this issue. Knowledge does not equal delivery. In other words, Albert Einstein is arguably the smartest man to ever live....but task him with teaching 52 other people nonlinear differential theory and the results might be sub-par at best.

Does this simple logic ever occur to you?

ImElectric2
01-21-2013, 09:46 PM
did we win the super bowl last year or is it just me?Well we stole it from the 49ers, so.....(red font)

brad
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that some posters on this board feel that every coach is beyond reproach, often arguing that they are amazing. If you point out a potential problem on the team it is, and can only be, the players fault... because coaches can't catch, throw, or in this case exercise. Essentially arguing that coaches have no responsibility or direct link to the failures, and by extension successes. If that's the case, then coaches can't be good or bad, in fact they are not even needed because only the players determine success or failure.

I am not here to argue about conditioning, because I honestly don't know if the players are well conditioned or not... but the argument that Jerry Palmieri is not responsible for lack of conditioning, if there is any, but that he is among the best in the league seems a bit off to me. Either he is great and directly responsible, bad and directly responsible, or he is irrelevant. He isn't there to be liked, he is there to make sure guys are in shape. If they want a likeable guy that is irrelevant, I will work for half his salary.

YATittle1962
01-21-2013, 09:48 PM
To YATitle:

Knowledge and experience in the field of so called "strength and conditioning" has no bearing on whether or not hes demanding enough on the players. His reach in this organization is limited. Conditioning is also a task performed by the HC. If TC didnt like a certain practice, it is is his complete control to tell the whole team to go run 3 miles.

ok ok, I understand you're argument. But you are old and stubborn on this issue. Knowledge does not equal delivery. In other words, Albert Einstein is arguably the smartest man to ever live....but task him with teaching 52 other people nonlinear differential theory and the results might be sub-par at best.

so new strength and conditioning coach and this team becomes a dynasty?

I apologize in advance.....but you haven't a clue what you are talking about

not one tiny clue ....it is ever so evident in your above post

you know not one thing about the conditioning program within the NY Football Giants organization......zero

does this simple logic occur to you ?

MikeSherrard
01-21-2013, 09:50 PM
The NFL does not test for HGH.

DO you think any Players are on HGH?

Do you think this can help stamina and conditioning?

Is it possible that Adrian Peterson took it? Do you think The way he came back from that injury was unnatural?

YATittle1962
01-21-2013, 09:51 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that some posters on this board feel that every coach is beyond reproach, often arguing that they are amazing. If you point out a potential problem on the team it is, and can only be, the players fault... because coaches can't catch, throw, or in this case exercise. Essentially arguing that coaches have no responsibility or direct link to the failures, and by extension successes. If that's the case, then coaches can't be good or bad, in fact they are not even needed because only the players determine success or failure.

I am not here to argue about conditioning, because I honestly don't know if the players are well conditioned or not... but the argument that Jerry Palmieri is not responsible for lack of conditioning, if there is any, but that he is among the best in the league seems a bit off to me. Either he is great and directly responsible, bad and directly responsible, or he is irrelevant. He isn't there to be liked, he is there to make sure guys are in shape. If they want a likeable guy that is irrelevant, I will work for half his salary.

they work hard for him because they respect him.....he demands their respect

check out the weight room and pools on an off day .......they are full

that speaks volumes

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 09:54 PM
so new strength and conditioning coach and this team becomes a dynasty?

I apologize in advance.....but you haven't a clue what you are talking about

not one tiny clue ....it is ever so evident in your above post

you know not one thing about the conditioning program within the NY Football Giants organization......zero

does this simple logic occur to you ?

YA,,can't people just be happy that we were fortunate enough to have won 2 of the last 6 superbowls?, 4 all time? the most recent being last season? I just don't get all the disconnect. every team has injuries to varying degrees each year. to say it prevents us from anything just makes no sense, it's a part of the game and will alwys be part of the game. the ravens in fact were pretty banged up this year, where are they now? ah hah.

brad
01-21-2013, 09:59 PM

that speaks volumes

I am sure that they do... but working hard doesn't always equate to being in top condition. Eating, stretching and doing the correct lifts/exercises in the proper way is what matters. Again, not suggesting they are or are not. I don't know of any specific injuries that the Giants see more than other teams because of conditioning... but if there is evidence that they have an issue, the strength and conditioning coach would be the first one that should take the blame. If they are all in great shape and there are no issue, then he should be lauded as a great coach.
It is very unlikely to have a great coach with lousy results, or a lousy coach with great results.

YATittle1962
01-21-2013, 10:08 PM
I am sure that they do... but working hard doesn't always equate to being in top condition. Eating, stretching and doing the correct lifts/exercises in the proper way is what matters. Again, not suggesting they are or are not. I don't know of any specific injuries that the Giants see more than other teams because of conditioning... but if there is evidence that they have an issue, the strength and conditioning coach would be the first one that should take the blame. If they are all in great shape and there are no issue, then he should be lauded as a great coach.
It is very unlikely to have a great coach with lousy results, or a lousy coach with great results.

what are the strength and conditioning issues this team has?

this is forum fabrication......there are not any

...and are you implying that these guys are not eating right , stretching and doing correct exercises ?

you do know that this is a storied professional franchise highly established since 1925 correct?

these players have diets, stretches, and workouts specifically tailored to each player and their specific needs and goals......every minute of the day is accounted for within these players workouts from how much water they drink down to how much sleep they should be getting.......for some players every single step they take during the day is measured with pedometers to get precise calculations on injuries and to help with preventative measures

so if you think for a second that these guys are not getting the proper treatment that a professional athlete needs then you wasted a second of your life

offingmoot
01-21-2013, 10:08 PM
The NFL does not test for HGH.

DO you think any Players are on HGH?

Do you think this can help stamina and conditioning?

Is it possible that Adrian Peterson took it? Do you think The way he came back from that injury was unnatural?

It seems odd that both lewis and suggs not only tore muscles but were able to come back so quickly. Hard to say if the ravens seem more jacked than other teams.....

I was just thinking today they must be taking something at half time to come out with such energy. The amount of plays they were on the field the first two playoffs games was unusual, yet they still had a ton of energy to shut out the pats in the 2nd half.
I suspect something, and i dont really care.....just wish the giants were motivated enough to try something too.

nhpgiantsfan
01-21-2013, 10:51 PM
How would anyone here know if the players on this team are working out and "conditioning" more or less than players on any other team? Do you guys have special camera feeds to the Giants weight room that I don't know about? There is nothing that makes a person look dumber than when they try and talk like they know about something that they couldn't possibly have any information about!
"These guys look tired after playing an hour of football, the strength and conditioning coach must suck!" Really?

thomasjmarino
01-22-2013, 10:28 AM
these are professional athletes ...do you think they are in poor condition?

and tell me specifically what injuries you think are due to poor conditioning so I can tell you that you are out of your mind

yes they call Jerry pop because they love him and he loves them......

have you ever been on a team before?

do you have any idea how important it is for the members of a team to believe in each other and care for each other ?

do you have any idea how important it is to trust and care for those who are mentoring and training you ?

do you know how important it is to have that love...that brotherhood ?

thats the way they feel about Jerry

I have seen it first hand on many occasions

these players love him and would walk through fire for him

I respect your opinion but you are obviously way too close to look at this objectively.
The record speaks for itself my friend.

Drez
01-22-2013, 10:34 AM
I respect your opinion but you are obviously way too close to look at this objectively.
The record speaks for itself my friend.What record? Give me definitive proof that any injury suffered by any player on the Giants or the aerobic condition of any player on the team is directly related to the strength and conditioning program. If you can't do that, then you cannot speak to the role of the strength and conditioning program.

Yeah, YA, by way too close, he really means, you actually know what the hell you're talking about.

Ruttiger711
01-22-2013, 10:45 AM
When the defense steps on the field for their first series and gets driven all the way down like they do in the end of the game, conditioning is NOT the issue.

Drez
01-22-2013, 10:54 AM
If TC didnt like a certain practice, it is is his complete control to tell the whole team to go run 3 miles. I'm sure the NFLPA and the CBA say otherwise. This isn't high school where the coach can have you go run suicides if he isn't pleased. There is a defined amount of time the players are allowed to be on the practice field as part of an organized or directed practice. I'm sure the NFLPA would argue that sprints at the end of a practice is included as directed practice.

If Palmeri wasn't good at delivering his conditioning program, then he wouldn't have last so long in the business. And trust me, a lot of what a student learns is dependent upon how dedicated the student is to learning the material.

nhpgiantsfan
01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
What record? Give me definitive proof that any injury suffered by any player on the Giants or the aerobic condition of any player on the team is directly related to the strength and conditioning program. If you can't do that, then you cannot speak to the role of the strength and conditioning program.

Yeah, YA, by way too close, he really means, you actually know what the hell you're talking about.

He won't give you any proof because he can't. It is pure speculation without any factual merrit. It is utter nonsense.

joemorrisforprez
01-22-2013, 03:30 PM

that speaks volumes

I have this mental image of Marvin Austin floating around inside one of those big inner tubes.

YATittle1962
01-22-2013, 03:42 PM
The record speaks for itself my friend.

yeah and the record is directly Jerry Palmieris fault right ?

those games were lost due to conditioning right?

get a clue brother .....seriously

YATittle1962
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
I have this mental image of Marvin Austin floating around inside one of those big inner tubes.

thats about it

I never like to speak ill of any of the players ....but that kid is a lazy slug

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 05:33 PM
thats about it

I never like to speak ill of any of the players ....but that kid is a lazy slug

Yes he is. I had high hopes for him. I thought he could really contribute. I was wrong.

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 05:36 PM
I have stated for years that I think a lot of our injuries are due to a lack of conditioning.

I think that a staunch conditioning program would greatly benefit the team. Granted, there are some of the guys that are always in shape but most are huffing and puffing all over the place.

It may not be laziness but sometimes an expert can come in and show folks how to train better and be better prepared. I think we should invest in a dedicated conditioning program run by experts and we should also grab a top of the line QB coach too. I was kinda hoping after we didn’t make playoffs that Peyton would win SuperBowl and retire and come over and be Eli’s QB coach.

Gigglemania
01-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Yes he is. I had high hopes for him. I thought he could really contribute. I was wrong.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/5-trampoline-dunk-fail-basketball-fail-gifs.gif

Rusty192
01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
I have stated for years that I think a lot of our injuries are due to a lack of conditioning.

I think that a staunch conditioning program would greatly benefit the team. Granted, there are some of the guys that are always in shape but most are huffing and puffing all over the place.

It may not be laziness but sometimes an expert can come in and show folks how to train better and be better prepared. I think we should invest in a dedicated conditioning program run by experts and we should also grab a top of the line QB coach too. I was kinda hoping after we didnít make playoffs that Peyton would win SuperBowl and retire and come over and be Eliís QB coach.Injuries are part of football. It is a collision sport. All the conditioning in the world won't stop your knee from bending in an unnatural position.

brad
01-22-2013, 06:22 PM
what are the strength and conditioning issues this team has?

this is forum fabrication......there are not any

...and are you implying that these guys are not eating right , stretching and doing correct exercises ?

you do know that this is a storied professional franchise highly established since 1925 correct?

these players have diets, stretches, and workouts specifically tailored to each player and their specific needs and goals......every minute of the day is accounted for within these players workouts from how much water they drink down to how much sleep they should be getting.......for some players every single step they take during the day is measured with pedometers to get precise calculations on injuries and to help with preventative measures

so if you think for a second that these guys are not getting the proper treatment that a professional athlete needs then you wasted a second of your life

Sometimes I get the impression people don't read an entire post before responding to it. I am not implying anything, in fact I stated several times that I don't know of any specific issues related to conditioning. It seems to me that you don't like the point I made so instead of addressing it you try to twist what I said into something else entirely, then ask me to debate your fabrication. If you don't feel like reading and comprehending the entirety of my post, that is fine, but don't quote it and respond to something entirely different... it will clear up a lot of confusion.

Ruttiger711
01-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Injuries are part of football. It is a collision sport. All the conditioning in the world won't stop your knee from bending in an unnatural position.

Case in point was all the outrage last year that possibly Terrel Thomas' injury from his collision w JPP could have possibly been prevented with "better" condidtioning.

Drez
01-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Case in point was all the outrage last year that possibly Terrel Thomas' injury from his collision w JPP could have possibly been prevented with "better" condidtioning.I think someone even claimed that Prince breaking a bone in his foot was due to conditioning.

Rusty192
01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Case in point was all the outrage last year that possibly Terrel Thomas' injury from his collision w JPP could have possibly been prevented with "better" condidtioning.I was actually thinking about that scenario when I wrote my post.

nhpgiantsfan
01-22-2013, 06:54 PM

It may not be laziness but sometimes an expert can come in and show folks how to train better and be better prepared. I think we should invest in a dedicated conditioning program run by experts and we should also grab a top of the line QB coach too. I was kinda hoping after we didn’t make playoffs that Peyton would win SuperBowl and retire and come over and be Eli’s QB coach.

What makes you think they don't already have a "staunch conditioning program" in place. Unless you are with the team and witness their preparations, how can you comment on what you think they are or are not doing. You have no basis for your point what so ever.

YATittle1962
01-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Sometimes I get the impression people don't read an entire post before responding to it. I am not implying anything, in fact I stated several times that I don't know of any specific issues related to conditioning. It seems to me that you don't like the point I made so instead of addressing it you try to twist what I said into something else entirely, then ask me to debate your fabrication. If you don't feel like reading and comprehending the entirety of my post, that is fine, but don't quote it and respond to something entirely different... it will clear up a lot of confusion.

i addressed everything in your post

maybe you need to read your own post over

trying to mask your lack of understanding the subject with saying I didn't read your post doesn't work

thanks

brad
01-22-2013, 07:43 PM
i addressed everything in your post

maybe you need to read your own post over

trying to mask your lack of understanding the subject with saying I didn't read your post doesn't work

thanks

am sure that they do... but working hard doesn't always equate to being in top condition. Eating, stretching and doing the correct lifts/exercises in the proper way is what matters. Again, not suggesting they are or are not. I don't know of any specific injuries that the Giants see more than other teams because of conditioning... but if there is evidence that they have an issue, the strength and conditioning coach would be the first one that should take the blame. If they are all in great shape and there are no issue, then he should be lauded as a great coach.

Or maybe you saw just the first sentence... Read the bold part again. As a moderator I would have expected better, calling me "stupid" in a nice way is no different than coming out and saying it directly.

My comments never suggested that conditioning was an issue. If you don't want to discuss the point I did make originally, that's fine... then leave it at that and debate the conditioning with those that are actually questioning it.

joemorrisforprez
01-22-2013, 07:52 PM

Me too....of all the guys drafted that year, Austin was the guy I was most excited about.

He's got one more year to prove he's not a bust.

joemorrisforprez
01-22-2013, 08:25 PM
This is why Jimmy Johnson is a winner.

There's laying out a strength and conditioning program, and expecting everyone to put on their big boy pants and follow it.

And then there's someone like Jimmy Johnson, who is going to fire people up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjSOR8fyclg

YATittle1962
01-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Or maybe you saw just the first sentence... Read the bold part again. As a moderator I would have expected better, calling me "stupid" in a nice way is no different than coming out and saying it directly.

My comments never suggested that conditioning was an issue. If you don't want to discuss the point I did make originally, that's fine... then leave it at that and debate the conditioning with those that are actually questioning it.

sensitive are we?

if that is calling someone stupid then remind me to bring a pacifier if we converse again

again....I addressed your post accordingly

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 08:42 PM
sensitive are we?

if that is calling someone stupid then remind me to bring a pacifier if we converse again

cant we all just get along?

YATittle1962
01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
cant we all just get along?

I get along with everyone my friend

brad
01-22-2013, 09:49 PM
sensitive are we?

LOL, deflecting much?

BeatYale
01-23-2013, 04:23 AM
Playing tough is more about attitude than conditioning. There's plenty of people who look like Tarzan, but play like Jane.

Snappinnecks
01-23-2013, 09:13 AM
I agree with this. Beatty doesn't look any bigger now that he did when he arrived as a rookie. The number one knock on him was he need to bulk up more and get stronger.....That never happened...

Redeyejedi
01-23-2013, 10:06 AM
I agree with this. Beatty doesn't look any bigger now that he did when he arrived as a rookie. The number one knock on him was he need to bulk up more and get stronger.....That never happened... He is 320 pounds how much bigger should he get. He was 288 his Senior year

nhpgiantsfan
01-23-2013, 10:35 AM
He is 320 pounds how much bigger should he get. He was 288 his Senior year

I love how people think they can look at a TV and determine that a player is the same weight that he was in college and that he hasn't gotten any stronger.

Razur
01-23-2013, 11:07 AM
defensive conditioning could very well be the problem since the team seems to run out of gas as the season goes on
Well, if they could get off the field by forcing more 3 & outs, maybe they wouldn't get so gassed.

JesseJames
01-23-2013, 11:40 AM
maybe they can't get the 3 and outs because they are gassed, the answer is in there somewhere and I hope the coaching staff can figure this out before next season because this was an issue this year and some of last year too...

Rat_bastich
01-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Well, if they could get off the field by forcing more 3 & outs, maybe they wouldn't get so gassed.

I think alot of it has to do with the running game as well. If the offense can eat up some clock, the defense can stay off the field and rest up. The Giants' offense, when they scored, were usually pretty quick. So even when the defense did get off the field, without just a 3 and out, the offense would score so quick that they were right back on the field.

Ruttiger711
01-23-2013, 11:56 AM
I think alot of it has to do with the running game as well. If the offense can eat up some clock, the defense can stay off the field and rest up. The Giants' offense, when they scored, were usually pretty quick. So even when the defense did get off the field, without just a 3 and out, the offense would score so quick that they were right back on the field.

When the defense actually comes out on the field for the first series and makes a stop instead of giving up 11-14 play drives to open the game, then I will start to believe they are gassed because of the offense.

CowboysSuck
01-23-2013, 01:02 PM
This is why Jimmy Johnson is a winner.

There's laying out a strength and conditioning program, and expecting everyone to put on their big boy pants and follow it.

And then there's someone like Jimmy Johnson, who is going to fire people up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjSOR8fyclg

That was the best speech ive ever heard. I wish my high school would have had Jimmy Johnson come in during my lacrosse and football days to get me motivated. All the skill in the world didnt mean ****; I couldnt run as long as the best guys.