PDA

View Full Version : Officaiting clowns

rainierjef
12-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Honestly i can't even remember all of them but i know the giants were on the **** end of the stick of some horrible calls all season. i know were not the only team to get screwed by the refs and i know some calls go in our favor.

for example the the Hynoski fair catch/ no fair catch call on the kick off. he raised his hand anytime you raise your hand above your shoulders your signaling a fair catch and he got what 16 yards off that and the refs didn't call it back.

But honestly lets look back at all the bull**** called against us, its hard to argue that stuff like blown calls can't cripple a teams momentum going forward of hamper a drive or prolong one.

I honestly feel refs should be held accountable for the stuff they call, its crazy to think with all the angles from cameras, still photos, all the field refs they can't get these calls right or know the actual ruling of some of the **** they call.

Like honestly was that really the tuck rule? did he pull it back in or the way he was hit it looked like it.

and from my high definition big screen i saw no elbow touch the floor before the ball popped out all i saw was the red of rolle's shoe, hand and ball loose.

that could of change the dynamic of the game maybe eli would of had another touch down, more yards no interception's who knows maybe the final score would of been more marginal. Im happy won don't take this thread the wrong way, im happy the team fought through the bullcrap and showed poise but still whether its for us or against us, for other teams even in college, flag football or when i coach the junior kids team on my base I absolutely despise referees all of them.

what other bull**** calls do you guys remember during this whole season that went against us that could of made the outcome of the game different?

rainierjef
12-25-2011, 01:41 AM
anyone? i know some of us has got to be pissed by these officials, unless this thread was already made then i'm sorry

Firenugget
12-25-2011, 06:34 AM
I don't think we got screwed on those calls yesterday. They were tough to take for sure, but probably correct. The tuck rule play was, by definition, correct. The only call I thought was really poor was the fumble being overturned when his elbow hit either the ground or Rolle's foot. It was ruled a fumble on the field and there was in no way "conclusive evidence" that he hit the ground rather than the foot when the ball popped out.

But instead of being angry about those, I want to know how Revis gets away with so much P.I.

redbeardxxv
12-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Honestly i can't even remember all of them but i know the giants were on the **** end of the stick of some horrible calls all season. i know were not the only team to get screwed by the refs and i know some calls go in our favor.

for example the the Hynoski fair catch/ no fair catch call on the kick off. he raised his hand anytime you raise your hand above your shoulders your signaling a fair catch and he got what 16 yards off that and the refs didn't call it back.

But honestly lets look back at all the bull**** called against us, its hard to argue that stuff like blown calls can't cripple a teams momentum going forward of hamper a drive or prolong one.

I honestly feel refs should be held accountable for the stuff they call, its crazy to think with all the angles from cameras, still photos, all the field refs they can't get these calls right or know the actual ruling of some of the **** they call.

Like honestly was that really the tuck rule? did he pull it back in or the way he was hit it looked like it.

and from my high definition big screen i saw no elbow touch the floor before the ball popped out all i saw was the red of rolle's shoe, hand and ball loose.

that could of change the dynamic of the game maybe eli would of had another touch down, more yards no interception's who knows maybe the final score would of been more marginal. Im happy won don't take this thread the wrong way, im happy the team fought through the bullcrap and showed poise but still whether its for us or against us, for other teams even in college, flag football or when i coach the* junior kids team on my base I absolutely despise referees all of them.

what other bull**** calls do you guys remember during this whole season that went against us that could of made the outcome of the game different?

On the Hynoski call, let's pretend Hynosky signaled the fair catch...he was then hit by 2 defenders... shouldn't they be called for hitting him after he signaled a fair catch? 2X=30 yards... he returned for 16..I'll take it.
As far as the other calls, well, they were all BS. We have been on the receiving end of some VERY bad officiating this season. Cruz's "fumble" was legitimately called. He gave up on advancing the ball and was returning to the huddle. The Green Bay game comes to mind for bad calls.... Ballard's TD ruled no good, but Jenning's ruled a TD?
And today vs the Jests??? I have never seen so many calls that were questionable at best. The NFL needs to fix this or talk of "Fixed" games will continue. You can't tell me you haven't wondered if something wasn't quite right over the past few games... I have...

BrianK
12-25-2011, 08:40 AM
The Santonio Holmes fumble called a incomplete pass was horrible.....

Firenugget
12-25-2011, 08:46 AM

I forgot about that one...It was a horrible call for sure.

miked1958
12-25-2011, 08:54 AM
anyone? i know some of us has got to be pissed by these officials, unless this thread was already made then i'm sorry

This type thread was made at least 3 other times. However, the refs calls were so Bad yesterday and this season that it warrants ten more threads like this one

53canton
12-25-2011, 09:24 AM

Even my 8 yo son called it a fumble! The refs were in Woody's pocket I think.

Tenspro2002
12-25-2011, 12:48 PM

Even my 8 yo son called it a fumble! The refs were in Woody's pocket I think.

All afternoon I was having Vietnam-style flashbacks to the GB game where something like 5 consecutive reviews went against us.

That sh*t better not happen next week. The only bright side is it keeps the home crowd into it.

Joe Morrison
12-25-2011, 01:00 PM
If you got to listen to the Giants feed on Sirius Radio yesterday Bob Poppa and Carl Banks were just floored by the officiating.</P>

Even on Fox when they went to Ferrara the calls went oppisite of the way he would have called them.</P>

For the Giants to beat the Jets yesteray while playing against a stacked deck yesterday only goes to show how much more they wanted that game, didn't matter how many times they gifted the Jets, the Giants were not going to let anyone take that game away from them.</P>

Can only hope that we don't see another reffering performance like that.</P>

Gmen2005
12-25-2011, 01:02 PM
One of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.

appodictic
12-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't think we got screwed on those calls yesterday. They were tough to take for sure, but probably correct. The tuck rule play was, by definition, correct. The only call I thought was really poor was the fumble being overturned when his elbow hit either the ground or Rolle's foot. It was ruled a fumble on the field and there was in no way "conclusive evidence" that he hit the ground rather than the foot when the ball popped out.

But instead of being angry about those, I want to know how Revis gets away with so much P.I.

How can you call a pump fake and incomplete pass it was never a pass.

As for the second one. his hand came forward empty. That is the exact definition of empty hand going forward. They were both fumbles.

How did they managed to see his elbow down but could not manage to see balard's knee clearly in.

This is terrible the replay rule should just go.

blueomaha
12-25-2011, 01:19 PM
I've just come to grips that the NYG do not get favorable calls...how about the pass int call against the 49er??...that one still rubs me the wrong way...we can go on and on...its obvious to me that this is not all bad luck, but in some cases it seem to be something more sinister....

rainierjef
12-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks for your replies guys, i thought this was a dead subject.

Is there not an accountabliity system in place to check these officiators, i mean it was not to long ago that a NBA ref was caught making bad calling cause of his gambling debt, does anyone remember that? i mean I'm not going to go as far as to say the nfl refs are doing the same thing but like another poster on here said

( The NFL needs to fix this or talk of "Fixed" games will continue. You can't tell me you haven't wondered if something wasn't quite right over the past few games... I have...)

I have too just look at the green bay game, the rules on the calvin johnson call was extremely clear they spoke about it for weeks and the analyst all called bull**** on that, how does jennings TD not apply to the rule?

I just hate seeing bad officiating for any team, i think i was most disgusted when i saw the vikings vs. saints game that year when the saints won the Super Bowl and i tell you that game was rigged from the jump. i can't count on my hand all the bad calls made in that game against the vikings.

The refs need to be held accountable after the i end of the season for all calls that were deemed incorrect by them upon further review, look at the sig of one of the posters on here with the ballard TD vs green bay, if i was the president of officiating i would look at that after the end of the season and whichever official called that back as no touchdown, i would put a strike on his record, three strikes and your terminated. that will make them take the time to get it right and eliminate the insecurities of the nil fan base that thinks its possible this game can be rigged.

Goddell always talks about the integrity of the nil shield and betterment of the game through players organizations and coaches why doesn't it apply for officiating as well

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-25-2011, 06:44 PM
I made a thread about officiating after the game against washington and included details about the packers game and almost everybody said i was whining. Well I still stand behind that post. I dont wanna believe that games are rigged but if it walks like a duck,quacks like a duck it must be a duck.

Joe Morrison
12-25-2011, 07:20 PM

How can you call a pump fake and incomplete pass it was never a pass.

As for the second one. his hand came forward empty. That is the exact definition of empty hand going forward. They were both fumbles.

How did they managed to see his elbow down but could not manage to see balard's knee clearly in.

This is terrible the replay rule should just go.
</P>

Totally blew it on the Tuck rule, he pumped, brought it down, was trying to get away from JPP and he knocked the ball out straight to the ground, he did not drop it trying to tuck it away, it was one of many great defensive plays taken away by the refs.</P>

rainierjef
12-25-2011, 07:24 PM
i agree man everyone is quick t o blast people as whiners or cry baby's cause stuff didn't go our way but let the giants have lost this game by a score or so then everyone would be livid the whole message board would of been threaded with officiating, roger godell better do something, rigged threads.

its surprising the caliber of this team to surpass the bull**** but still this is a pressing issue that if happens again next week might change my views on this sport in general

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-25-2011, 09:35 PM
i agree man everyone is quick t o blast people as whiners or cry baby's cause stuff didn't go our way but let the giants have lost this game by a score or so then everyone would be livid the whole message board would of been threaded with officiating, roger godell better do something, rigged threads.

its surprising the caliber of this team to surpass the bull**** but still this is a pressing issue that if happens again next week might change my views on this sport in general
I am the 1% on this and i will always stand behind my posts. Officiating needs an overhaul to hold them accountable, until that happens we will still see this crap every week until every team has a championship to boost the NFL's profits!

Redeyejedi
12-25-2011, 09:52 PM

What about the Holmes catch that was clearly a fumble and couldnt be reviewed there was no one in front of him that would of been a TD.

Redeyejedi
12-25-2011, 09:55 PM
I feel like the giants should have some good karma built up with all these bad calls.That something has to break there way eventually and this time of year it would be good to get that luck

rainierjef
12-26-2011, 12:44 AM
I feel like the giants should have some good karma built up with all these bad calls.That something has to break there way eventually and this time of year it would be good to get that luck

i hope so man but its hard to see the light when you have games like the 49ers game, the packers game and also the jets game, the only reason why we swallow it is cause we won.

i would fault anyone for thinking that the refs in this league are all ny giants haters