PDA

View Full Version : SB 47...

blueomaha
01-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Ravens vs. 49ers...usually, i'm pumped and can't wait for the SB...not this time...the draft and training camp can't get here soon enough....

BigBlueAllDay
01-21-2013, 08:31 PM
There's a Pro Bowl before that. Last chance to see some Giants players in action before the season is over. Who wants to see a Salsa Dance in the Pro Bowl? I do!

TroyArcher
01-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Two of the teams I despise most. Can't root for either team. I doubt I will even watch the game.

TheBookOfEli
01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
I'll probably just watch the 4th quarter or something.

blueomaha
01-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Two of the teams I despise most. Can't root for either team. I doubt I will even watch the game.thought i was the only one who felt this way, Troy....

Flip Empty
01-22-2013, 09:58 AM
There's a Pro Bowl before that. Last chance to see some Giants players in action before the season is over. Who wants to see a Salsa Dance in the Pro Bowl? I do!
The Pro Bowl is simply dreadful to watch.

JB456
01-22-2013, 12:35 PM
The Pro Bowl is simply dreadful to watch.

Correct. The Pro Bowl is worse than watching a MLS soccer match. Pass......

blueomaha
01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
The Pro Bowl is simply dreadful to watch.Pro Bowl = flag football...

ebick
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
to see some Giants players in action

In action? errrrrrrr.......not so much

TheAnalyst
01-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Really? I dont mind them. We shook off the 2002 crap vs the 9ers last year. Whatever. I dont care. I dont mind the Ravens either even with them destroying us in 2000.

This Superbowl will be much better then SB39.... Patriots vs Eagles. WORST SUPERBOWL EVER. I had to root for the Pats...

BigBlueAllDay
01-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Really? I dont mind them. We shook off the 2002 crap vs the 9ers last year. Whatever. I dont care. I dont mind the Ravens either even with them destroying us in 2000.

This Superbowl will be much better then SB39.... Patriots vs Eagles. WORST SUPERBOWL EVER. I had to root for the Pats...

That was just funny for the Eagles because Roy Williams broke T.O's leg (birth of horsecollar tackle rule) and brought their offense down several notches going into the playoffs. T.O. still managed to put up some decent numbers in the Superbowl on one leg but obviously not enough of a scoring threat to win the game. haha!

Toadofsteel
01-23-2013, 09:49 AM

Amen on this. SB39 was the only super bowl I didn't want to watch. It wasn't unproven Brady trying to stake a claim in NFL history anymore, it was ******y ugg-wearing Brady, and we had to root for them because they were playing the absolute scum of the universe.

By the same token, I don't feel any real negative emotions towards the niners or ravens. 2008 erased any lingering animosity over the lost super bowl (remember Jacobs trucking Lewis?), while last season did the same for the niners. It's a blank slate for the most part, and the 2000 and 2002 teams are almost entirely different.

For me, this SB is a war of ideologies: the stationary pocket passer vs the mobile option QB/running game combo. Flacco is starting to become an Eli clone, in his demeanor and how he approaches the game. Ray Lewis, while he has a checkered-to-dark past to say the least, is trying to go out in Strahan-like fashion. Ray Rice reminds me of rookie Bradshaw a little too... lots of fire and youth there. Honestly, at this point, i'm going to have to root for the Ravens.

Flip Empty
01-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Hmm, that Bradshaw comparison is a bit of an insult to Rice. They're both the same age, too.

I like Flacco so I'll root for the Ravens. Don't really care about Lewis.

Hopefully it's tough-going for the Niners, if only to see more of Jim Harbaugh's over-the-top, sideline histronics.

Toadofsteel
01-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Hmm, that Bradshaw comparison is a bit of an insult to Rice. They're both the same age, too.

I was speaking more about character than playing ability. Obviously given the choice I'd go with Ray Rice 11 times out of 10. Rice is still hungry for that ring, and is still willing to fight for it. Bradshaw has that fight in spurts still, but he has 2 rings now... you don't see him giving 110% all the time anymore.

Flip Empty
01-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Ah, right. Yeah I can see where you're coming from.