PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning age 32

bigjeep
01-21-2013, 07:58 PM
I know its been kicked around, but how many more productive years can we expect from Eli and when, if not this year, had we better draft a top QB to groom? As of now, we have no one like a lot of teams ( San Fran ) that have QB's that can step in!

slipknottin
01-21-2013, 07:59 PM
I would say around 5 or so more years.

Problem is to find starting QBs they need to be drafted early, usually 1st round.

Can the giants afford to spend a 1st round pick to get a guy to backup Eli?

Cloud57
01-21-2013, 08:00 PM
I'd say 35 but who knows, it also depends on the team around him

Cloud57
01-21-2013, 08:00 PM

Problem is to find starting QBs they need to be drafted early, usually 1st round.

Can the giants afford to spend a 1st round pick to get a guy to backup Eli?too early to draft a QB right now imo

elitocruz
01-21-2013, 08:15 PM
KNOCK WOOD. He's been remarkably healthy. to our knowledge: no surguries. no tears, no sprains. no seperations he had the plantar thing a few years ago which looked like a scary achillies tear, but wasn't. he's also become brilliant pre snap which helps him avoid big hits. as long as his arm is "live" i'd think he can play to 38-39 like many did before him. assuming he wants to, and the giants still want him around. you also never know how a super bowl win at age 36 for example, might change a guys outlook. he could want to go out on top, rather than squeeze in 2-3 more years when he's already won a lot. Strahan could've easily played one more year. and you know he would've had they not won it all that year. then there's the $$$ I know they say it's not about the money, but... at age 37-38-39 who is paying him more in another job? some times it's tough to walk away from that. so a lot of factors, none of which we can predict.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-21-2013, 08:16 PM
I'd say 35 but who knows, it also depends on the team around him

You have the most ridiculous posts on here by a long shot.

So you think Eli in 3 years is going down hill?

I'd say Eli will play at a high level at least another 5 or 6 years. Look at Peyton and Eli is healthy.

BigBlue1971
01-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Eli hasnt been knocked around like some qbs. i think he could be effective 4-5 more years!

could thrive in those years especially with his offense!

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 08:35 PM
with a good o-ine.. till he's 55

AllHailEli
01-21-2013, 08:47 PM
with a good o-ine.. till he's 55

Just around the time Peyton's kid is available for draft.

BigBlueAllDay
01-21-2013, 08:49 PM

It is a bit too early to do that now as cloud57 said. But when the time comes, it's definitely affordable with the rookie wage cap. Not only is it an investment in the backup QB position, but it's also to start training and preparing for the future after Eli. I'm thinking Marcus Mariota.

Flip Empty
01-21-2013, 08:53 PM
His game is mostly mental, so he should remain productive for quite some time, health permitting.

GTGiantsFan
01-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Eli's range will be 37-40. So we have at least 5 more and a potential for 8.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-21-2013, 10:53 PM
His game is mostly mental, so he should remain productive for quite some time, health permitting.

Eli's range will be 37-40. So we have at least 5 more and a potential for 8.

Exactly, just like Peyton.

gmen0820
01-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Eli's range will be 37-40. So we have at least 5 more and a potential for 8.I hope your right, and all that "tired arm" BS was just that, BS.

GTGiantsFan
01-21-2013, 11:06 PM
If we keep a good running game and the bye weeks stay normal then it'll be BS. Anybodys arm will get ""tired"" after 3 months of throwing the ball THAT much.

WiIdcat
01-21-2013, 11:15 PM
I know its been kicked around, but how many more productive years can we expect from Eli and when, if not this year, had we better draft a top QB to groom? As of now, we have no one like a lot of teams ( San Fran ) that have QB's that can step in!

Well how many more does Peyton have? The Broncos drafted Osweiler for a reason so I'd say 2 max. That would put Peyton at 38 and I don't think Eli has the same drive as Peyton to keep playing (who does other than Favre?? lol) so I'd give him maybe 5 seasons max. With only 3 seasons left under contract he might not finish his career as a Giant so an early round QB would be a good look in the 2014 or 2015 draft.

Johnny Football anyone??

river555
01-22-2013, 12:11 AM
its looking like the days of grooming QBs are over. Past 5 years QB drafted high start playing right away and they have had pretty good success.

gmen0820
01-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Well how many more does Peyton have? The Broncos drafted Osweiler for a reason so I'd say 2 max. That would put Peyton at 38 and I don't think Eli has the same drive as Peyton to keep playing (who does other than Favre?? lol) so I'd give him maybe 5 seasons max. With only 3 seasons left under contract he might not finish his career as a Giant so an early round QB would be a good look in the 2014 or 2015 draft.

Johnny Football anyone??Next year?!

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 12:20 AM
well if we are to use his brother as some sort of comparable metric, keeping in mind that Eli doesnt have the neck issues, I'd say Eli could end up playing at a high level to 40 yr old...8 more years with prob 5 more years of elite level play and then a lil drop off

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 12:21 AM
what people got to understand is that it isnt a physical thing, its a mental thing. the ability to compensate for defeciencies that come with growing older, i believe eli will be more than capable to compensate for parts of his game that may fall off bc of his understanding and mental approach...

BurnerNYG
01-22-2013, 02:16 AM
If we don't fix our defense I don't care how much longer he plays, we're gonna have problems competing with these newcomers and teams turning the corner. Baltimore, Cincinnati and Atlanta demolished us when we still controlled our own destiny. Yeah we beat San Fran but had we played them or Seattle in December they would've slaughtered us.

BlueBlooded1979
01-22-2013, 03:40 AM
Pocket passers who avoid big hits are usually good til 38 or 39. It often depends on the teams level of success and if they want to keep paying franchise type money when they are looking at a rebuild. It depends on the guy as well, where Peyton and Brady will play until their arms fall off Eli may say at 36 he has done enough. I think he said he wanted to play 7 more years earlier this year.

Either way it is too early to draft a "QB of the future". After round 3 there is little difference between drafting a QB and a college FA.

SweetZombieJesus
01-22-2013, 07:33 AM
no seperations

He separated his throwing shoulder in 2007 and played through it.

But yes he has been remarkably healthy.

I can see Eli playing to 42-43 but I don't know if it will all be with us. See Favre, Brett.

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 07:43 AM

Can the giants afford to spend a 1st round pick to get a guy to backup Eli? QB's have primes that vary so often, its hard to say? I mean, not every good QB has a HOF type long career at there peak.. Look at Phillip Rivers, Jim Everett, Jake Delhomme, Steve McNair, Jeff Garcia, Daunte Culpepper, Bernie Kosar, just for starters.. I mean, its hard to tell if ELI is gonna be one of those 36yr old studs, or a guy who just started his decline this past season.. Its not easy to fall into the Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning type echelon of guys who are super productive right into there mid to late 30's.. Thats what seperates the ALL TIME GREATS from the very good NFL QB's...

bigjeep
01-22-2013, 08:08 AM
From reading the posts, fans seem to think he's good for another 5 or 6 years either with us or some other team. I guess it depends on how soon we need to rebuild. To be able to draft high for a QB, I guess we will have to finish with a losing record.

Redeyejedi
01-22-2013, 08:09 AM

Can the giants afford to spend a 1st round pick to get a guy to backup Eli? 5 years is a lot to expect. I think we could get 3 more good years for sure after that who knows

Redeyejedi
01-22-2013, 08:12 AM
its looking like the days of grooming QBs are over. Past 5 years QB drafted high start playing right away and they have had pretty good success.QB's in college now are far more advanced throwing the football than when Eli played.A rookie though I believe we have a hard time playing in this offense Day 1 and winning

GameTime
01-22-2013, 09:12 AM
not many teams get the luxury of having a potential great QB waiting in the wings. Most teams take it year by year.

EliDaMANning
01-22-2013, 09:50 AM
I think Eli knows the opportunity to become the greatest QB ever is around the corner. And I think he'll want it badly enough to smack down the naysayers throughout his career. The problem is our average coach is seizing this moment as well and is hanging around a bit too long.

gumby74
01-22-2013, 10:10 AM
I think Eli knows the opportunity to become the greatest QB ever is around the corner. And I think he'll want it badly enough to smack down the naysayers throughout his career. The problem is our average coach is seizing this moment as well and is hanging around a bit too long.

You 2012'ers are too funny. The year of the Elis.

TCHOF
01-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Worst thing about not making the playoffs? Getting bombarded with these repetetive and tired Eli threads

Buddy333
01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
This can't be serious.

TuckandRolle
01-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Peyton had an MVP year this year and he is 36. Most elite QB's are good until 38ish these days if they can avoid injury.

GameTime
01-22-2013, 10:30 AM
cant you just accept that Eli is what he is?? he is a very good QB that plays great and plays poorly at times. He is clutch but also dumb at times.....
He has two SBs

flashnando
01-22-2013, 12:04 PM

I don't follow college football at all but I hear there isn't a good QB in this draft anyway. But i say they should draft a QB to take Eli's place around the age of 35 and let him ride the bench for 2 years like Rodgers did.

joemorrisforprez
01-22-2013, 12:06 PM

I agree.....about 5 years. And since Eli is more of a thinking man's QB, I wouldn't be suprised if he could tack on another year or two.

In the next couple years, the Giants should be looking at a new QB to draft and bench for a season or two.....kind of how Green Bay groomed Aaron Rodgers.

joemorrisforprez
01-22-2013, 12:07 PM
I don't follow college football at all but I hear there isn't a good QB in this draft anyway. But i say they should draft a QB to take Eli's place around the age of 35 and let him ride the bench for 2 years like Rodgers did.

LOL....missed your post, I pretty much had the exact same thoughts.

EliDaMANning
01-22-2013, 01:02 PM
cant you just accept that Eli is what he is?? he is a very good QB that plays great and plays poorly at times. He is clutch but also dumb at times.....
He has two SBsHuh? Of course he is a very good QB. And I feel he can become an all time great with a couple more SB. Sort of like what most people were saying about Brady after his 3rd. If a guy like brady whos a product of his system can be considered an all time great then I would certainly put Eli on the same boat if he wins a SB or 2 more.

EliDaMANning
01-22-2013, 01:03 PM
You 2012'ers are too funny. The year of the Elis.LOL and i'm so glad we took him in 04 over the likes of Ben and Rivers.

Cloud57
01-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Worst thing about not making the playoffs? Getting bombarded with these repetetive and tired Eli threadsnow we're gonna have to read this s*** for the next 8 months

GameTime
01-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Huh? Of course he is a very good QB. And I feel he can become an all time great with a couple more SB. Sort of like what most people were saying about Brady after his 3rd. If a guy like brady whos a product of his system can be considered an all time great then I would certainly put Eli on the same boat if he wins a SB or 2 more.
If Eli stays the QB he is...which is great with inconsistencies and gets to win 1 or 2 more SBs with the Giants he won't be a better QB then he is now he will be the same with more rings.....
Brady is a better QB then Eli without rings, Same goes for Marino, Peyton, and several others.
My point is Eli is what he is....He is not going to get better or worse and the ampount of rings doesnt matter in that regard

TheAnalyst
01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
If a solid QB fell to us this year, I would draft him. If Reese has a QB ranked high on his board, and he slips to our 2nd or 3rd pick, I could see him picking him. Im not sure he has any QBs this year that high though, but if he does, it wouldnt shock me. Remember, Eli is not Reese's pick, it was EA's. Reese, Im sure, would love to make a splash at QB if given the opportunity.

And before all you guys bash me for saying that, think about this. If someone Reese see's as a game changer like Kaepernick or Dalton or Wilson falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, would you get upset? I know I wouldnt. Maybe Ryan Nassib is the next great QB and he just isn't ranked high, and maybe Reese see's that. Then in a year or 2, Eli starts declining big time and getting injured a bunch. Wouldnt it be great to have that?

Eli is 32, not 25.

Just my opinion and I'm sure I'm on the minority side on this one.

As a matter of fact, look at what Harbough did with Alex Smith. Is Smith a great QB? No. Is he better then Eli? Hell no. But he was doing great this year when he lost his job to Kaep because Kaep provided that extra dimention. Alex Smith was pretty solid the past 2 years. He led the league in passer rating this year before getting hurt. And Harbough still pulled him. Coughlin would never do that though obviously.

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 01:29 PM
If a solid QB fell to us this year, I would draft him. If Reese has a QB ranked high on his board, and he slips to our 2nd or 3rd pick, I could see him picking him. Im not sure he has any QBs this year that high though, but if he does, it wouldnt shock me. Remember, Eli is not Reese's pick, it was EA's. Reese, Im sure, would love to make a splash at QB if given the opportunity.And before all you guys bash me for saying that, think about this. If someone Reese see's as a game changer like Kaepernick or Dalton or Wilson falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, would you get upset? I know I wouldnt. Maybe Ryan Nassib is the next great QB and he just isn't ranked high, and maybe Reese see's that. Then in a year or 2, Eli starts declining big time and getting injured a bunch. Wouldnt it be great to have that?Eli is 32, not 25. Just my opinion and I'm sure I'm on the minority side on this one.I'm a little confused with the last sentence of the first paragraph. Because it was Accorsi's pick and not Reese's, are you suggesting Reese would have not drafted Eli or trade for him?

EliDaMANning
01-22-2013, 01:30 PM
If Eli stays the QB he is...which is great with inconsistencies and gets to win 1 or 2 more SBs with the Giants he won't be a better QB then he is now he will be the same with more rings.....
Brady is a better QB then Eli without rings, Same goes for Marino, Peyton, and several others.
My point is Eli is what he is....He is not going to get better or worse and the ampount of rings doesnt matter in that regardOf course he's going to be better and greater with more rings. That's one factor in ranking a QB's greatness. Eli will eventually have the numbers mixed in with the great ones but having a couple more SB will arguably bring him over the top.

Roosevelt
01-22-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm a little confused with the last sentence of the first paragraph. Because it was Accorsi's pick and not Reese's, are you suggesting Reese would have not drafted Eli or trade for him?

I don't see Reese trading for Eli at all. Reese is more conservative, and Accorsi went hard after Eli because of what happened to him with Elway. Ernie was not going about to let his guy slip away again.

Roosevelt
01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Of course he's going to be better and greater with more rings. That's one factor in ranking a QB's greatness. Eli will eventually have the numbers mixed in with the great ones but having a couple more SB will arguably bring him over the top.

This morning Boomer Esiason was talking about Eli and while he acknowledges he's probably a HOF'er, he's just too inconsistent to be considered an all-time great. I agree.

Eli doesn't need more rings to get that monkey off his back, he needs to play at a high level consistently to do that.

gumby74
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
This morning Boomer Esiason was talking about Eli and while he acknowledges he's probably a HOF'er, he's just too inconsistent to be considered an all-time great. I agree.

Eli doesn't need more rings to get that monkey off his back, he needs to play at a high level consistently to do that. +1

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
My point is Eli is what he is....He is not going to get better or worse and the ampount of rings doesnt matter in that regard

However, he is a better post season QB than Peyton is and he is a better post season QB than Marino ever was.

He is not as good a QB as Peyton, Aaron, Drew or Marino. However, he is a more successful QB than all of them because he has been able to lead his team to SuperBowl victories more than any of them have.

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm a little confused with the last sentence of the first paragraph. Because it was Accorsi's pick and not Reese's, are you suggesting Reese would have not drafted Eli or trade for him?

You open up a good point here. In my opinion, I don’t think JR would’ve made the trade for Eli and we would now have Ben if he was there and not Accorsi. I am very happy Accorsi made the trade and we got Eli but I don’t think JR would’ve made the trade for him. Althoug I prefer Eli as our QB, I don’t think we would’ve gone wrong with Ben either.

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 02:07 PM

Eli doesn't need more rings to get that monkey off his back, he needs to play at a high level consistently to do that.

+1

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
I don't see Reese trading for Eli at all. Reese is more conservative, and Accorsi went hard after Eli because of what happened to him with Elway. Ernie was not going about to let his guy slip away again.Interesting

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
You open up a good point here. In my opinion, I don’t think JR would’ve made the trade for Eli and we would now have Ben if he was there and not Accorsi. I am very happy Accorsi made the trade and we got Eli but I don’t think JR would’ve made the trade for him. Althoug I prefer Eli as our QB, I don’t think we would’ve gone wrong with Ben either.I forgot that it wasn't Reese's pick. Very interesting on Reese's part.

EliDaMANning
01-22-2013, 02:10 PM

Eli doesn't need more rings to get that monkey off his back, he needs to play at a high level consistently to do that.Did Boomer cringe when he said Eli is a HOF?

JJC7301
01-22-2013, 02:24 PM

I'd say 5 more as well, but there are good QB's to be found out there in the 2 - 7 rounds when it's time to start thinking about another QB. If they see another Kaepernick out there in the 2nd round, I wouldn't mind drafting and developing in another 2 or 3 years.

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 02:26 PM
If a good QB is available then we should draft him. We can’t take for granted and assume that Eli will never miss a game. We also can’t delude ourselves that David Carr will be able to get the job done if Eli gets hurt.

GameTime
01-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Of course he's going to be better and greater with more rings. That's one factor in ranking a QB's greatness. Eli will eventually have the numbers mixed in with the great ones but having a couple more SB will arguably bring him over the top.
you are wrong. it will make his career more successful but it wont make a better QB. At this point in time he is what he is.....

GameTime
01-22-2013, 02:40 PM
However, he is a better post season QB than Peyton is and he is a better post season QB than Marino ever was.

He is not as good a QB as Peyton, Aaron, Drew or Marino. However, he is a more successful QB than all of them because he has been able to lead his team to SuperBowl victories more than any of them have.
Exactly....more successful....thats the key word...

Like how many music artisst absolutely suck but they are successful because their music sells any way....
successs does not always equate to talent and or level of skill

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM

Like how many music artisst absolutely suck but they are successful because their music sells any way....
successs does not always equate to talent and or level of skillEli's throw to Manningham in the Super Bowl was a level of skill and other throws as well. He can throw some goofy ones in there though (that's where the inconsistency comes from) but he has skill set to play the position.

BeatYale
01-22-2013, 02:50 PM
I think he'll still be the Giants starting QB in his late 30's.

GameTime
01-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Eli's throw to Manningham in the Super Bowl was a level of skill and other throws as well. He can throw some goofy ones in there though (that's where the inconsistency comes from) but he has skill set to play the position.
I am not saying he doesnt. All I am saying if Eli stays the same QB he is winning more rings will not make him a "better" QB physically. It will only make give a a more successful career as a QB. Guys like Brady and Peyton will always be better QBs than Eli.

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 03:00 PM
I am not saying he doesnt. All I am saying if Eli stays the same QB he is winning more rings will not make him a "better" QB physically. It will only make give a a more successful career as a QB. Guys like Brady and Peyton will always be better QBs than Eli.That's fair.

TheAnalyst
01-22-2013, 03:00 PM

Just saying, every GM / Coach wants "their guy" and prove him to be successful. Who knows what Reese would have done in 2004. Looking at what he has done since though, I dont think he would of traded up to get Eli. We would of most likely landed Ben.

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 03:06 PM

successs does not always equate to talent and or level of skill

Meh.Your analogy doesn’t fit in reagrd to Eli Manning at all. He doesn’t suck and his passes don’t simply get caught because the recievers grab them. He places the ball. He dictates games when he is on like he was during those SuperBowl runs. Elis talent and ability in the clutch was the most important things during our SuperBowl runs. He exhibited a command and calm over the game in postseason that Peyton Manning never has in playoffs, including during his SuperBowl victory. Very few QBs have ever dominated a postseason the way Eli Manning did in 2011. Joe Flacco may be doing that right now but Peyton Manning never has.

BuffyBlueII
01-22-2013, 03:09 PM
The ELIte debate really doesn’t fit in regard to Eli Manning as a regular season QB. He is never going to touch Rodgers, Peyton and Brady during that time. It doesn’t mean that he is not an awesome QB because he is. However, he is one of the truly ELIte post season QBs in NFL history and that is fine with me.

GameTime
01-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Meh.Your analogy doesn’t fit in reagrd to Eli Manning at all. He doesn’t suck and his passes don’t simply get caught because the recievers grab them. He places the ball. He dictates games when he is on like he was during those SuperBowl runs. Elis talent and ability in the clutch was the most important things during our SuperBowl runs. He exhibited a command and calm over the game in postseason that Peyton Manning never has in playoffs, including during his SuperBowl victory. Very few QBs have ever dominated a postseason the way Eli Manning did in 2011. Joe Flacco may be doing that right now but Peyton Manning never has.
meh...you didnt read my other responses to this thread. Eli doesst suck...never said he did. If he stays the same kind of QB he is now more rings wont make him "better". He will have a more successful careert but he will be the same type of QB he already is.
Which BTW is good enough for me. I am not bashing Eli

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 03:19 PM
I think some people need to realize that he doesn't have to have numbers like Rodgers and Brady in the regular season in order to be great.. He doesn't, so that's not even a debate. Eli also doesn't have to be considered a top 5 quarterback to be considered great either. He's been a great quarterback for us and that's all that should matter. We have way too many debates comparing him to other quarterbacks. Eli is Eli and we should be happy about that.

Roosevelt
01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Did Boomer cringe when he said Eli is a HOF?

It didn't sound like it.

They were discussing 1st ballot HOF'ers vs the rest. Carton believes only first ballot guys are elite. I think that is fair.

EliDaMANning
01-22-2013, 04:09 PM
you are wrong. it will make his career more successful but it wont make a better QB. At this point in time he is what he is.....No, he has more time to prove he is better than many QB that you've listed earlier.

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 04:13 PM
No, he has more time to prove he is better than many QB that you've listed earlier.I highly doubt Eli or any quarterback in the league right now will surpass Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Maybe in rings, which is good enough for me lol. If you're talking about stats, forget it.

GameTime
01-22-2013, 04:22 PM
No, he has more time to prove he is better than many QB that you've listed earlier.
Eli has to get better to actually be better. Right now he is as he has been for the last 5 years. Which is still ok with me. he doesnt have to be better than any other QB for me.

Drez
01-22-2013, 04:35 PM
I highly doubt Eli or any quarterback in the league right now will surpass Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Maybe in rings, which is good enough for me lol. If you're talking about stats, forget it.

Statistically, Eli isn't too far off from Brady at similar points in their careers (Brady has higher comp% and waaaay fewer INTS), but yards and TDs are actually very close.

Peyton is a bit ahead of the both of them.

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Statistically, Eli isn't too far off from Brady at similar points in their careers (Brady has higher comp% and waaaay fewer INTS), but yards and TDs are actually very close.

Peyton is a bit ahead of the both of them.Eli is not a stat guy in the regular season.

JesseJames
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
according to the late Vince Lombardi you draft a QB 5 years before you need him

gmen0820
01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
according to the late Vince Lombardi you draft a QB 5 years before you need himAnd we're all born a blank slate.

I love outdated philosophy.

Drez
01-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Eli is not a stat guy in the regular season.Run the numbers for yourself. I speak the truth. I believe when I did it, I ended up disregarding the rookie years for both Eli and Brady (I counted full seasons only).

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Run the numbers for yourself. I speak the truth. I believe when I did it, I ended up disregarding the rookie years for both Eli and Brady (I counted full seasons only).Because Eli doesn't put up the stats Brady does, I cannot see him overtaking him in the stats position.

gumby74
01-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Run the numbers for yourself. I speak the truth. I believe when I did it, I ended up disregarding the rookie years for both Eli and Brady (I counted full seasons only).

The first 7 years are indeed closer than what you would expect. Brady and Brees both turned it on after 7 years. Eli's 7th year was in 2011 and that's when he turned it on. That's why I got super excited. I was hoping that Eli would continue the trend that Brady and Brees set. Then there was 2012. I think that's why we're all overstating our disappointment. Had Eli not had a brilliant 2011 and kept the status quo, i don't think the Eli talk would have been as negative.

JesseJames
01-22-2013, 06:20 PM
And we're all born a blank slate.

I love outdated philosophy. I don't get your point but this theory seems about right for Eli, it took about 5 years for him to finally get it..

Rusty192
01-22-2013, 06:24 PM

Peyton is a bit ahead of the both of them.I'll take the INT's given our offense. Thats just part of the package.

Morehead State
01-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Eli at age 32 is a good QB, even a very good QB. He's been the QB for two Giants teams that have won SB's. This is a good thing.
Eli at age 32 is far from a great QB and not in the league with some of the players he's being compared to in this thread.

BTW...I love you all.

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Eli at age 32 is a good QB, even a very good QB. He's been the QB for two Giants teams that have won SB's. This is a good thing.
Eli at age 32 is far from a great QB and not in the league with some of the players he's being compared to in this thread.

BTW...I love you all.Welp..boards were fun for a little bit..

Morehead State
01-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Welp..boards were fun for a little bit..
The boards were dead for the last week.
Lets face it Rudyy...........I complete you.

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 09:07 PM
The boards were dead for the last week.
Lets face it Rudyy...........I complete you.um

no :)

Morehead State
01-22-2013, 09:13 PM
um

no :)

Your words (and a strangely excessive use of the space function on your keyboard) say no.
But your eyes say...YES YES YES!!!

Drez
01-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Because Eli doesn't put up the stats Brady does, I cannot see him overtaking him in the stats position.You'd be very surprised. Brady didn't start putting up huge numbers until '07, before then he was much closer to the 3500yds/30td range on average.

Morehead State
01-22-2013, 09:26 PM
You'd be very surprised. Brady didn't start putting up huge numbers until '07, before then he was much closer to the 3500yds/30td range on average.
The irony is that he's a much better player now, then when they won those 3 SB's. The Pats defenses however are much, much worse.

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Your words (and a strangely excessive use of the space function on your keyboard) say no.
But your eyes say...YES YES YES!!!Stop embarrassing yourself.

Morehead State
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Stop embarrassing yourself.
Not possible.

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Not possible.Clearly lol.

zimonami
01-22-2013, 09:34 PM
One thing for sure... we won't ever have to worry about any whispers that, "Eli has lost a step."
hahahaha... he never had it.
For a long QB life we know RG3, Kaepernick, Vick, Wilson, etc. are going to have to totally change their game to be effective at 36-38.
Eli can just be the same old Easy E.
Ya gotta knock on wood when you think about how injury free he's been, for the most part. For such slow feet, he makes subtle adjustments in the pocket that buy him time... on a single play, and on his career.

zimonami
01-22-2013, 09:37 PM
But your eyes say...YES YES YES!!!
You had her at, "Hello."

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 09:41 PM
You had her at, "Hello."Would "ew" be offensive?

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 10:35 PM
QB's in college now are far more advanced throwing the football than when Eli played.A rookie though I believe we have a hard time playing in this offense Day 1 and winning It depends on the player.. If the player is just simply a pocket passer, ur probably right, but if hes a Kapernick type multi-dimensional(run and pass) type guy, that defenses just don't know what hes gonna do, then u never know? Kapernick is simply so good, so early because he can do so many diffrent things, and has speed , big arm, accuracy..etc I think people get 2 caught up in certain time frames it takes a player to become good, but alot of players are simply good at the sport and can't help but be productive players, becuase there simply beter then most, and guys like Kapernick fall into that category..

I still can't believe Kapernick went when he did.. Remember how high i was on him? I could of cared less about his being in a pistol offense, as his physical gifts jumped off the screen, and u could easily tell, that he'd be good in any system, and it just so happened he played in Pistol at the time..

giantsfan420
01-23-2013, 01:12 AM
The ELIte debate really doesn’t fit in regard to Eli Manning as a regular season QB. He is never going to touch Rodgers, Peyton and Brady during that time. It doesn’t mean that he is not an awesome QB because he is. However, he is one of the truly ELIte post season QBs in NFL history and that is fine with me.i agree

TrueBlue10
01-23-2013, 02:52 AM
Eli has at least 4-6 more good/decent seasons in 'im. These days quality QBs won't stand for being drafted and "groomed" for 3-4 seasons, so, we're not even close to needing this discussion.

Morehead State
01-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Would "ew" be offensive?
Wait a minute....You're a girl?

Rudyy
01-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Wait a minute....You're a girl?Yah

Roosevelt
01-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Yah

No way.

Rudyy
01-23-2013, 12:55 PM
No way.Lol I thought everyone knew

Roosevelt
01-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Lol I thought everyone knew

I had no clue! lol.

Roosevelt
01-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Hopefully I wasn't offensive.

Rudyy
01-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Hopefully I wasn't offensive.Nope nope

EliDaMANning
01-23-2013, 01:18 PM
YahYour inbox must be flooded by now.

Rudyy
01-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Your inbox must be flooded by now.Haha nah

Roosevelt
01-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Nope nope

Good.

It's funny that I never knew, although I did notice the attraction towards Eli. ;-]

Oh no, please don't tell me 420 is a girl too?

Rudyy
01-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Good.

It's funny that I never knew, although I did notice the attraction towards Eli. ;-]

Oh no, please don't tell me 420 is a girl too?LOOL I don't think so.

I have love for Eli butttt...

Victor:rolleyes:

Morehead State
01-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Nope nope
Me either.
That rant about completing you makes me feel guilty now.

Don't sue me please.

Rudyy
01-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Me either.That rant about completing you makes me feel guilty now.Don't sue me please.But I already hired my lawyer :(

Morehead State
01-23-2013, 03:33 PM
But I already hired my lawyer :(
I'll be using my ex-wife's lawyer.
He was quite good.

BuffyBlueII
01-23-2013, 03:44 PM

BTW...I love you all.

VDC, we love you too.

BuffyBlueII
01-23-2013, 03:52 PM
The irony is that he's a much better player now, then when they won those 3 SB's. The Pats defenses however are much, much worse.

He never was in bad condition or anything but he seems to be in much better condition now that he was 8-9 seasons ago.

This is very true. However, one thing I did take note of is that against Baltimore Ravens, there were a couple instances where Brady looked indecisive, particularly when he could have ran for the 1st on 4th and choose instead to throw it, missing to end the drive. Usually Tom Brady would run for the 1st but I don't know why he did. Do you think that he is doubting himself a little bit at times? I don't why he did that but I am curious because it is rare for him. The guy is not fast by any stretch of the imagination but he commits to run when he decides to and that has been an asset for NE Patriots.

Rudyy
01-23-2013, 03:53 PM
I'll be using my ex-wife's lawyer.He was quite good.Haha. But yeah, I wasn't offended.

Morehead State
01-23-2013, 03:55 PM
He never was in bad condition or anything but he seems to be in much better condition now that he was 8-9 seasons ago.

This is very true. However, one thing I did take note of is that against Baltimore Ravens, there were a couple instances where Brady looked indecisive, particularly when he could have ran for the 1st on 4th and choose instead to throw it, missing to end the drive. Usually Tom Brady would run for the 1st but I don't know why he did. Do you think that he is doubting himself a little bit at times? I don't why he did that but I am curious because it is rare for him. The guy is not fast by any stretch of the imagination but he commits to run when he decides to and that has been an asset for NE Patriots.

He wouldn't have made it and he knew it. It was 4th down so all he could do was chuck it.

giantsfan420
01-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Good.

Oh no, please don't tell me 420 is a girl too?just when i remove you from my ignore list too lol...and theres actually quite a few interesting topics on here BESIDES eli. i notice ur quick with the innuendos and playful (at some one elses expense of course) mocking, yet you create an eli thread with the intent of subtly instigating banter, and post almost exclusively in eli only topics. you display whats called latent...well you know the rest. essentially, you displace YOUR OWN obsession with eli onto others and then mock said person as a means to relax your compulsiveness and attraction towards eli...its all good tho.

just to answer, no. i am not a girl...i'm a women! nah jk im a dude

Morehead State
01-23-2013, 04:00 PM
just when i remove you from my ignore list too lol...and theres actually quite a few interesting topics on here BESIDES eli. i notice ur quick with the innuendos and playful (at some one elses expense of course) mocking, yet you create an eli thread with the intent of subtly instigating banter, and post almost exclusively in eli only topics. you display whats called latent...well you know the rest. essentially, you displace YOUR OWN obsession with eli onto others and then mock said person as a means to relax your compulsiveness and attraction towards eli...its all good tho.

Amateur psychology based on dots on a computer screen.
Waste of time.

BuffyBlueII
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
He wouldn't have made it and he knew it. It was 4th down so all he could do was chuck it.

If he didn't think he would make it then it makes sense. Ever since we were out of it, I rooted for Tom Brady to win it all this year because it would have been nice so that so many of his detractors could finally STFU. The guy is one of The Greatest that has ever played the game.

giantsfan420
01-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Waste of time.or iirc 12 credits based on differing psychological aspects that I had to take to get my B.A lol. you just displayed a psychosis right here (well not based solely on this, this post in combination with the history of your posts) but thats wayyyy off topic...i will say this, u ever see those websights where they have a table of slots with different visual signs and somehow it can guess which one the persons picked? those really get me...

zimonami
01-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Me either.
That rant about completing you makes me feel guilty now.

Don't sue me please.

Hahahaha... that's why I mentioned the Rene Zellweiger's line... I figured everyone knew Rudyy was a girl

Morehead State
01-23-2013, 05:53 PM
or iirc 12 credits based on differing psychological aspects that I had to take to get my B.A lol. you just displayed a psychosis right here (well not based solely on this, this post in combination with the history of your posts) but thats wayyyy off topic...i will say this, u ever see those websights where they have a table of slots with different visual signs and somehow it can guess which one the persons picked? those really get me...
Spare me.

Rosie is a good guy who plays it right down the middle. He's as fair as a guy can be. A guy doesn't have to have ulterior motives simply because he doesn't think Eli is an all time great. We just believe it based on what we see on the field.

giantsfan420
01-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Spare me.

Rosie is a good guy who plays it right down the middle. He's as fair as a guy can be. A guy doesn't have to have ulterior motives simply because he doesn't think Eli is an all time great. We just believe it based on what we see on the field.i was talkin bout u

Morehead State
01-23-2013, 07:50 PM
i was talkin bout u
I'm confused.
You responded directly to Rosie's post and said that you took him off your ignore list, but secretly,...you were referring to me?

OK.......If you say so,

giantsfan420
01-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Good.

Oh no, please don't tell me 420 is a girl too?yea your right MS, he calls it right down the middle and is a fair guy...now, anyone besides him or you or gumby makes this comment, id laugh at myself with the person making that joke. i even attempted to with roosevelt even tho with his history of personal mocking and instigating me, id say he should be the last person taking freedom with me like that. its bs and quite frankly, is prob why ur turning this into drama bs...bc thats what you do and are best at. CONGRATS

giantsfan420
01-23-2013, 07:52 PM
Waste of time.i dunno if u forgot how quoting works...i was talking about rosie, then u made a comment outta nowhere unneccesarily, and in defense of someone just basically attacking me outta nowhere as well uncalled for, which i responded to, and was about u...thought it was self explanatory when a person quotes another, they're ersponding to that person

giantsfan420
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
but this is lame. enjoy yourself, im outta here peace

Morehead State
01-23-2013, 07:56 PM
yea your right MS, he calls it right down the middle and is a fair guy...now, anyone besides him or you or gumby makes this comment, id laugh at myself with the person making that joke. i even attempted to with roosevelt even tho with his history of personal mocking and instigating me, id say he should be the last person taking freedom with me like that. its bs and quite frankly, is prob why ur turning this into drama bs...bc thats what you do and are best at. CONGRATS
You ask any of the guys who have been here for a while including RF, and they will tell you how fair Rosie is..and has always been.
And I have had my conflicts with Rosie regarding the lock out.
The guy plays it dead straight.
You just look at everything as it pertains to Eli......Too bad.

Morehead State
01-23-2013, 07:59 PM
i dunno if u forgot how quoting works...i was talking about rosie, then u made a comment outta nowhere unneccesarily, and in defense of someone just basically attacking me outta nowhere as well uncalled for, which i responded to, and was about u...thought it was self explanatory when a person quotes another, they're ersponding to that person
As you are studying for your BA in psychology, you may note that when you press "reply with quote" you are replying with quote.

Just trying to be helpful.

Drez
01-23-2013, 08:02 PM
As you are studying for your BA in psychology, you may note that when you press "reply with quote" you are replying with quote.

Just trying to be helpful.
I wonder what this thread would look like if Rosie, MS, and 420 all had each other on their ignore lists, lol.

Morehead State
01-23-2013, 08:05 PM
I wonder what this thread would look like if Rosie, MS, and 420 all had each other on their ignore lists, lol.
It would be a lot more boring.

Roosevelt
01-23-2013, 10:16 PM
LOOL I don't think so.

I have love for Eli butttt...

Victor:rolleyes:

Ah, hence the avatar. Gotcha.

Roosevelt
01-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Spare me.

Rosie is a good guy who plays it right down the middle. He's as fair as a guy can be. A guy doesn't have to have ulterior motives simply because he doesn't think Eli is an all time great. We just believe it based on what we see on the field.

Thank you MS.

byron
01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
probably outta start looking for his replacement

Roosevelt
01-23-2013, 11:14 PM
probably outta start looking for his replacement

Eli's got a good 5 years B. You really think we need to go there?

byron
01-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Eli's got a good 5 years B. You really think we need to go there? I got to learn how to use the red ink !... stirring the beans a little....It does raise the question "provided he stays healthy and all" when would they start looking ? Idk but yeah not for awhile

Drez
01-23-2013, 11:53 PM
I got to learn how to use the red ink !... stirring the beans a little....It does raise the question "provided he stays healthy and all" when would they start looking ? Idk but yeah not for awhileI'd say that barring injury or a significant decline in level of play we won't seriously entertain finding a replacement for at least 3 years if we go the grooming route.

EJ Blue
01-24-2013, 12:53 AM
I think any pocket passer can play into their 40s. Especially with the new rules protecting them. If Eli stays the same productivity wise, he won't be going anywhere for a very long time. 32 is nothing, he's a strapping young lad.

giantsfan420
01-24-2013, 12:59 AM
eli has the ability to extend his career bc of his mental approach to the game and ability to avoid contact. I'd say (knock on wood) Eli can give us at least 5 more elite years, and could end up giving us overall another 10-12 yrs with any number of them at an elite level. players like eli come around once a generation, hopefully we can get as much out of him as possible

GTGiantsFan
01-24-2013, 01:01 AM
10 years is a stretch, I think Eli would want to be living peacefully with his wife and kids eventually.

giantsfan420
01-24-2013, 01:05 AM
10 years is a stretch, I think Eli would want to be living peacefully with his wife and kids eventually.yeah ur right it is, but i think its def possible. favre ended up doing it, i def think eli could play into early 40s...

GTGiantsFan
01-24-2013, 01:07 AM
He certainly can, but Favre and Eli are two different people and have two different personalities.

giantsfan420
01-24-2013, 01:15 AM
He certainly can, but Favre and Eli are two different people and have two different personalities.good point

byron
01-24-2013, 01:50 AM
I'd say that barring injury or a significant decline in level of play we won't seriously entertain finding a replacement for at least 3 years if we go the grooming route. I'd say that barring injury or a significant decline in level of play we won't seriously entertain finding a replacement for at least 3 years if we go the grooming route.[/QUOTE] yeah I'd agree I'm real happy with Eli and I don't believe for one minute that he has peaked or done growing as a player....

EliDaMANning
01-24-2013, 11:21 AM
What a jerk Tom Brady is

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130400/article/tom-brady-fined-10k-for-kicking-ed-reed-during-slide

Roosevelt
01-24-2013, 11:24 AM
just when i remove you from my ignore list too lol...and theres actually quite a few interesting topics on here BESIDES eli. i notice ur quick with the innuendos and playful (at some one elses expense of course) mocking, yet you create an eli thread with the intent of subtly instigating banter, and post almost exclusively in eli only topics. you display whats called latent...well you know the rest. essentially, you displace YOUR OWN obsession with eli onto others and then mock said person as a means to relax your compulsiveness and attraction towards eli...its all good tho.

I thought so. But you gotta admit, you exude so much love for Eli that it was a valid question.

And you'll have to forgive me for not responding to the psycho-babble.

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 11:28 AM
I thought so. But you gotta admit, you exude so much love for Eli that it was a valid question.

No no Rosie....He has 12 credits in Community College in psycho-babble.
He understands you better than you do.

BlueReign
01-24-2013, 11:35 AM

I would say draft a QB in the first round in the 20s/late teens ala Rodgers and let him sit back and learn.

giantsfan420
01-24-2013, 11:36 AM
He understands you better than you do.its not psycho babble nor is it even complicated. id say its almost common knowledge.

you/rosie complain and discuss "eli cultists/homers" non stop while claiming its the NY Giants and how tragic it is for people to focus solely on him. All the while, almost EXCLUSIVELY creating and posting in topics about eli. i mean from then on, its simply knowing what displacement means. Granted, that may seem as challenging (knowing the definition of displacement) to you as going to the moon, but its actually quite simple stuff thats been noticed by several people actually (the irony of you complaining about "eli cultists" while having eli on your mind almost exclusively lmfao).

seeing as i dont have that psychosis issue, i am going to leave this thread and continue conversing in the multitude of other topics/threads. enjoy yourself, we know u will

TCHOF
01-24-2013, 11:45 AM
its not psycho babble nor is it even complicated. id say its almost common knowledge.

you/rosie complain and discuss "eli cultists/homers" non stop while claiming its the NY Giants and how tragic it is for people to focus solely on him. All the while, almost EXCLUSIVELY creating and posting in topics about eli. i mean from then on, its simply knowing what displacement means. Granted, that may seem as challenging (knowing the definition of displacement) to you as going to the moon, but its actually quite simple stuff thats been noticed by several people actually (the irony of you complaining about "eli cultists" while having eli on your mind almost exclusively lmfao).

seeing as i dont have that psychosis issue, i am going to leave this thread and continue conversing in the multitude of other topics/threads. enjoy yourself, we know u will

When an argument devolves into an incomprehensible post like this, it's time to disengage and move on.

giantsfan420
01-24-2013, 11:46 AM
When an argument devolves into an incomprehensible post like this, it's time to disengage and move on.i wouldnt publicly admit i couldnt understand something as simple as what u've quoted, but thats just me.

Rudyy
01-24-2013, 11:47 AM
lol

EliDaMANning
01-24-2013, 11:53 AM
i wouldnt publicly admit i couldnt understand something as simple as what u've quoted, but thats just me.He probably looked like the dude in his avatar while reading that post.

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 12:14 PM
its not psycho babble nor is it even complicated. id say its almost common knowledge.

Just a crazy thought....Did you ever consider the possibility that the Eli topic is interesting to talk about...without it addressing some deep psychotic need?

gumby74
01-24-2013, 12:15 PM

Wow, just wow. As someone who double majored and has a BS in Psychology, 420 you're full of crap. I specialized in neuro-psychology, but took a few classes in behavioral. You took a concept and mangled it to fit what you wanted it to.

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Wow, just wow. As someone who double majored and has a BS in Psychology, 420 you're full of crap. I specialized in neuro-psychology, but took a few classes in behavioral. You took a concept and mangled it to fit what you wanted it to.
But in a good way

Roosevelt
01-24-2013, 12:34 PM
He understands you better than you do.

lol. He's certainly got me pegged doesn't he?

He's very Kreskinesque with a keen memory - knowing full well I almost exclusively create threads and posts about Eli. Interestingly enough, 4 out of my last 25 threads were in fact about.....Eli!

You know me. I'm all Eli, 16% of the time.

Roosevelt
01-24-2013, 12:37 PM
He probably looked like the dude in his avatar while reading that post.

Don't even go there or you might end up living in a van down by the river.

TCHOF
01-24-2013, 01:08 PM
i wouldnt publicly admit i couldnt understand something as simple as what u've quoted, but thats just me.

Just trying to offer some helpful advice to a fellow poster who was obvioulsy in need of some. Continue on if you wish . . . .

byron
01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Just a crazy thought....Did you ever consider the possibility that the Eli topic is interesting to talk about...without it addressing some deep psychotic need? One thing is for sure most Eli topics end up like this which is interesting ! ;)

EliDaMANning
01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Don't even go there or you might end up living in a van down by the river.Whos driving

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 01:21 PM
One thing is for sure most Eli topics end up like this which is interesting ! ;)
What's interesting is how cold it must be up there Big B.

byron
01-24-2013, 01:29 PM
What's interesting is how cold it must be up there Big B. yeah its cold as hell 6 right now then the wind chill factor...I'm staying inside stoking the wood furnace ......

-5 yesterday morning didn't bother to look this morning

Die-Hard
01-24-2013, 07:03 PM
The personal attacks have to stop. I dont know how much more clear I can be on that. We try to be lenient, and let you guys figure out the problems between you amongst yourselves, but it appears as though at least some of you are hell bent on acting like kids. The next time it happens, it's an account/IP ban. The warnings are over, and that goes for all of you involved in this particular instance.