PDA

View Full Version : Giants/ Jets Fans in the Crowd?

touchdown44
12-25-2011, 12:51 AM
People that were there, what was the split? Sounded like a lot of jints fans on the tv but it was hard to tell.

cheese_cake
12-25-2011, 01:18 AM
People that were there, what was the split? Sounded like a lot of jints fans on the tv but it was hard to tell.

I was there....seemed like it was more Giants than Jets,......We owned that stadium.

Ruttiger711
12-25-2011, 06:49 AM

I'd say around 30-35% which is enormous for a visiting team - especially against the jets.

BigBlue8081
12-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Definitely 60-40 jets-giants ratio. Which is an amazing visiting ratio. Even if it is a NY vs NY game.

Furious
12-25-2011, 10:44 AM
It was pretty even, when we got that safety and all the Jets fans left there was still a LOT of blue there. Very exciting game to be at.

bigbluegmenfan
12-25-2011, 11:20 AM
I was shocked at how many Giant fans in the building..Our sec (140) was probably 60-40 jets, but def not more than that.

jomo
12-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Beautiful! [:D]</P>

GIANTS Stadium!!</P>

NYfanatic
12-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Well for a jets home game on TV I saw a good amount of giants blue.

NYGRealityCheck
12-25-2011, 12:54 PM
When you can hear CRUUUUUUUZZZZZ on TV whenever Cruz makes a play, you know there was decent representation at that stadium.

jjj45
12-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Definitely mostly Jets. You could hear their lame chant really well. But still a good turnout of G fans.

Speaking of which we really need to have a badass chant for our team. something cool. Its pretty amazing to hear all those fans roar at once.

TroyArcher
12-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Definitely mostly Jets. You could hear their lame chant really well. But still a good turnout of G fans.

Speaking of which we really need to have a badass chant for our team. something cool. Its pretty amazing to hear all those fans roar at once.

Sorry dude but you just lost all credibility. The J-E-T-S chant is something a High School team or a team with moronic fans do.

jjj45
12-25-2011, 03:47 PM

Sorry dude but you just lost all credibility. The J-E-T-S chant is something a High School team or a team with moronic fans do.huh? Did you not read my post?

I said that the Jets chant was lame. And that we should have our own chant at games.

TrueBlue@NYC
12-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Was at the game (1st one in the new stadium) and I was amazed at how many giants fans were there.

It was very close to even throughout the stadium. One thing I'll say, when it comes to tailgating, the Giants fans present definitly went bigger and bolder.

After the Giants got the safety, it was almost completely all Blue in the stadium. I

Bluesmash
12-26-2011, 01:02 PM
What counts is that the end it appeared to be 100 percent Giants.

BTW, it was disconcerting to see cheerleaders at a Giants game in their stadium (not that I didn't look).

YATittle1962
12-26-2011, 01:09 PM
looked like about 60 - 40 to me....if not 50 - 50

there were a hell of a lot of Giants fans there

the section I was in was dominated by Giants fans to which I was pleasantly surprised

I was shocked at how corny the whole Jets game atmosphere is

every first down the announcer says ....and thats another jets.....and the whole crowd says...first down!!!!

super corny

and that jack *** Dolphin fan Ed Anzelone is on the jumbo screens more than the game is....

and these stupid jets dancers are ridiculous

before the game their were jets fans on the field forming letters spelling out JETS and Deossie and Weatherford ran right through the middle of it

it was awesome!!!

Furious
12-26-2011, 01:51 PM
As a first timer there and having the opportunity to take my Dad (his first time in the new place as well), it was a really fun game even though it was a Jets home game. I think the fact there were a LOT of Giants fans there made it all the better. I was in section 104 and the guys in the section over were almost all Giants fans and chanting DEFENSE that quickly spread throughout the stadium. They were drunk, but they were funny drunks. I was surprised by the atmosphere, most of the Jets fans were polite and friendly where we were. We even talked to some Jets fans outside and it was all friendly, albeit rivalry, banter.
I do agree that first down chant is stupid and annoying and the fact the idiot Fireman Ed was on the big screens practically the whole game got irritating - but everything else made out for a great day!

P.S. The only other thing that was mildly irritating was the fact the the people in front of us stood the whole game so we couldn't sit. Other than that, it was truly amazing!

touchdown44
12-26-2011, 05:45 PM
i think people standing the whole game should be a requirement.
get rid of all the seats. cut the price of the ticket, and no one is allowed to sit. Then you would have a fun atmosphere at a football game