PDA

View Full Version : Chris Ault Says Eli Manning Could Run The Pistol Offense

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/22/3903810/new-york-giants-chris-ault-eli-manning-pistol-colin-kaepernick-robert-griffin-iii

Excerpt: "Chris Ault, architect of the pistol offense employed by the San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins, Seattle Seahawks and others, says a team without a running quarterback can still use many of the concepts.

Could the New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) run some of the newly-popular -- and wildly successful -- pistol offense, even with the slow-footed Eli Manning (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2235/eli-manning) at quarterback? Chris Ault, architect of the pistol, told NFL.com on Tuesday that teams with non-running quarterbacks -- like the Giants -- can certainly implement parts of the pistol (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000129531/article/chris-ault-slow-quarterbacks-can-find-success-in-pistol) running attack.

"They could run the pistol formation," Ault said Tuesday on 'NFL AM.' "They don't need to run the read part of it. When we first put the pistol in, in 2005 and 2006 (at Nevada), that's all we ran. We ran the power, the gaps, the counters, the zones, the outside stuff. We did not run the read at that time. So, the pistol offense, the most important thing there, is you can run any offense you've been running. And this is how we created it, and then we advanced the pistol run game -- the read part of it -- two years later." Read more...

BeatYale
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Defenses would be scared of our offense if Eli used the pistol.

Cloud57
01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
pistol offense? Gilbride says no

Drez
01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with us adding some pistol into our gameplan. It seems like a very versatile formation.

Drez
01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
pistol offense? Gilbride says noExcept that we've already used it.

Drez
01-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Defenses would be scared of our offense if Eli used the pistol.You don't need to run the read option out of the pistol. It seems like it'd actually lend itself to our Power O running schemes.

Old Giant
01-22-2013, 01:56 PM

If he did say no, it was because Eli is hardly a threat to run. The Defense needs to figure out the pistol and stop it cold. Offense needs to stay healthy and do the gameplan that got two SBs.

ozzie0075
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Except that we've already used it.

Yes the Giants ran some pistol this season.

TheAnalyst
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
I feel like we will use a pistol-draw, over and over.

ozzie0075
01-22-2013, 01:58 PM
If he did say no, it was because Eli is hardly a threat to run. The Defense needs to figure out the pistol and stop it cold. Offense needs to stay healthy and do the gameplan that got two SBs.

You don't need to have running QB to run the Pistol. The formation essentially moves the mesh point between the RB and QB deeper in the backfield opening up more cutback lanes for the RB.

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
You don't need to have running QB to run the Pistol. The formation essentially moves the mesh point between the RB and QB deeper in the backfield opening up more cutback lanes for the RB.

If you don't need a mobile QB, as the article suggests, is it just a coincidence the teams mentioned in the article all have one?

ozzie0075
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
If you don't need a mobile QB, as the article suggests, don't the teams mentioned in the article all have one?

The formation tends to work better with a mobile QB because you can use the zone read. Without a mobile QB when you run the ball you are getting your RB the ball deeper in the backfield and giving him more time to find running lanes. Case and point the Giants did use some Pistol this season and college teams like Syracuse use the formation extensively without a mobile QB.

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 02:07 PM
i forget whic poster, maybe gmen0820, he was talking about this and how hed like to see us use more of the pistol formation...

people need to realize that part of the pistol formation thats actually good for immobile qbs, is that they are already halfway into their drop back by getting the ball in like a half shotgun snap. It kinda adds fractions of a second to the time a qb has to read the defense...and its also effective with running plays and PA's...

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
The formation tends to work better with a mobile QB because you can use the zone read. Without a mobile QB when you run the ball you are getting your RB the ball deeper in the backfield and giving him more time to find running lanes. Case and point the Giants did use some Pistol this season and college teams like Syracuse use the formation extensively without a mobile QB.

I am just thinking ahead to the "first attempt" that fails and see how long it takes for the "Gilbride Sucks" threads to start lol

When I see RG III run those options with three or four players involved I just can't see the Giants pulling that off, as an example. I'm all for whatever works, but sometimes you just don't have the personnel to make some plays work.

dezzzR
01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Stick with the run and shoot.

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
i forget whic poster, maybe gmen0820, he was talking about this and how hed like to see us use more of the pistol formation...

people need to realize that part of the pistol formation thats actually good for immobile qbs, is that they are already halfway into their drop back by getting the ball in like a half shotgun snap. It kinda adds fractions of a second to the time a qb has to read the defense...and its also effective with running plays and PA's...

In a game of seconds and inches, that's enough

Cloud57
01-22-2013, 02:14 PM
I think we need a solid running game, we ran the ball ok last season but we were switching RBs because they were injured or not good at blocking. If Wilson becomes a better blocker and is the starter I think that will improve this offense a lot.

TopleyBird
01-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Pistol? Not on this team. This team has one "trick" play, and one trick play only. That dumbass direct snap to Bradshaw play that average 2.2 yards

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Pistol? Not on this team. This team has one "trick" play, and one trick play only. That dumbass direct snap to Bradshaw play that average 2.2 yards

We have never believed much in "trick plays." I'm not sure the pistol is in that category.

ozzie0075
01-22-2013, 02:18 PM

Its also good for less athletic QB because for the most part they just have to turn to hand the ball off instead of having to get the ball to mesh point like they would if they were under center.

They whole premise of the pistol is spread the field and make the defense defend the entire field. It helps create space in both the running and the passing games. And if anyone is curious to learn more about the the pistol there is a link below to a guide that was created for youth football but many of the principles are the same.

http://www.fbforyouth.com/Downloads/pistol.pdf

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 02:19 PM
I think we need a solid running game, we ran the ball ok last season but we were switching RBs because they were injured or not good at blocking. If Wilson becomes a better blocker and is the starter I think that will improve this offense a lot.

The running game should improve as long as they don't have Bradshaw as the feature back and Brown's leg heals completely.

slipknottin
01-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Pistol has nothing to do with a mobile QB. Just attempts to combine shotgun and QB under center so you could still have power running.

It splits the difference between the two.

Pistol is not a trick formation or any such thing.

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 02:20 PM
I am just thinking ahead to the "first attempt" that fails and see how long it takes for the "Gilbride Sucks" threads to start lol

When I see RG III run those options with three or four players involved I just can't see the Giants pulling that off, as an example. I'm all for whatever works, but sometimes you just don't have the personnel to make some plays work.if our run game is effective, Eli doing a typical PA fake out of the pistol will force the LB's to bite just like vs spread option fakes...and ur point about the game being about inches and seconds, and how fractions of a second can be pivotal...well truer words were never spoken. we always get caught up in looking down the road, whats gonna happen a month, 2 months etc from now, when really, the next second is whats most important...and thats not just true for football, but life as well something i bet someone as wise as u can attest to (and no im not brown nosing, id assume everybody realizes u have that characteristic)

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Its also good for less athletic QB because for the most part they just have to turn to hand the ball off instead of having to get the ball to mesh point like they would if they were under center.

They whole premise of the pistol is spread the field and make the defense defend the entire field. It helps create space in both the running and the passing games. And if anyone is curious to learn more about the the pistol there is a link below to a guide that was created for youth football but many of the principles are the same.

http://www.fbforyouth.com/Downloads/pistol.pdfwell said, thaks for the link too bud.

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
The running game should improve as long as they don't have Bradshaw as the feature back and Brown's leg heals completely.wilson is gonna go OFF next year...his running style is just conducive to getting maximum yardage possible. hes burst and power creates an inertia that if he is met at the LOS, he's gonna continue moving forward until the kinetic energy is stopped and hes tackled, but if he can get thru the LOS, the momentum builds and well...its just remarkable. i honest to god would not trade wilson for any rb right now, i mean if AP was viable yeah but even then its not automatic for me. i truly believe wilson is going to be something truly special...

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
wilson is gonna go OFF next year...his running style is just conducive to getting maximum yardage possible. hes burst and power creates an inertia that if he is met at the LOS, he's gonna continue moving forward until the kinetic energy is stopped and hes tackled, but if he can get thru the LOS, the momentum builds and well...its just remarkable. i honest to god would not trade wilson for any rb right now, i mean if AP was viable yeah but even then its not automatic for me. i truly believe wilson is going to be something truly special...

I think Wilson played enough in 2012 to make him much more effective in 2013. The real question, for me, is what role they have in mind for Bradshaw. He can still be effective in a lesser role and, hopefully, at a smaller paycheck.

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 02:31 PM
I think Wilson played enough in 2012 to make him much more effective in 2013. The real question, for me, is what role they have in mind for Bradshaw. He can still be effective in a lesser role and, hopefully, at a smaller paycheck.i dunno man thats a good question. did u see bradshaws demeanor just completely change when he wasnt like being featured towards the end of the year? he looked like he had a broken heart. He just may be the passionate, and that proud, that he just cant relinquish the spot he worked years to get to...remember, he backed up BJ for a while too...i dunno. My gut says he will come to terms with it, esp when TC reminds him how important and used hes gonna be...just bc wilsons the thorobread dont mean we cant use bradshaw, and quite a bit too

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 02:36 PM
i dunno man thats a good question. did u see bradshaws demeanor just completely change when he wasnt like being featured towards the end of the year? he looked like he had a broken heart. He just may be the passionate, and that proud, that he just cant relinquish the spot he worked years to get to...remember, he backed up BJ for a while too...i dunno. My gut says he will come to terms with it, esp when TC reminds him how important and used hes gonna be...just bc wilsons the thorobread dont mean we cant use bradshaw, and quite a bit too

It's very much like watching the transition from Jacobs to Bradshaw a few years ago. I have nothing against Bradshaw and he's still the best blocking back we have (until the rest catch up) but his feet are going to continue to make him a potential liability.

Drez
01-22-2013, 02:36 PM
If you don't need a mobile QB, as the article suggests, is it just a coincidence the teams mentioned in the article all have one?Well, that's what's evolved into because it is a great formation for the read option offenses. However, just because it fits that mold the best doesn't mean it's the only kind of offense that can be run from it.

Rat_bastich
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
In 'The Last Boy Scout' they used the pistol offense in the opening scene. Unfortunately the quarterback didn't make it too much further.

Drez
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM

When I see RG III run those options with three or four players involved I just can't see the Giants pulling that off, as an example. I'm all for whatever works, but sometimes you just don't have the personnel to make some plays work.
We wouldn't be running the read option aspects of the formation.

Think if it this way, it's like a shotgun formation where nearly the entire running playbook is still available.

Drez
01-22-2013, 02:40 PM
In 'The Last Boy Scout' they used the pistol offense in the opening scene. Unfortunately the quarterback didn't make it too much further.
Haha.

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Well, that's what's evolved into because it is a great formation for the read option offenses. However, just because it fits that mold the best doesn't mean it's the only kind of offense that can be run from it.the reason why its so effective for mobile qbs in the same reason it can be effective for immobile qbs...it opens up a lot more space, more plays can be run from it as u allude to...its a better starting point for mobile QBs...honestly, I think we will see a lot more teams use pistol shotgun formations, even immobile qb teams...i know quite a bit use it already but bc the option read isnt being done its not as noticed...

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
It's very much like watching the transition from Jacobs to Bradshaw a few years ago. I have nothing against Bradshaw and he's still the best blocking back we have (until the rest catch up) but his feet are going to continue to make him a potential liability.i think most of us would have said bradshaw would handle this situation better than BJ, but now that the time is actually upon us, i dunno i feel differently about it. i dont think bradshaw would be vocal and throw tantrum(s) (he might be good for 1 lol), but i dunno. just the way he looked so dejected on the sidelines...im kinda surprised it wasnt talked about as much...u could clearly see bradshaw was no where near as i dunno the word hyped up? he looked somber on the sidelines he really did...no not all the time, but there were several instances i noticed he just looked, well, sad...

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
i think most of us would have said bradshaw would handle this situation better than BJ, but now that the time is actually upon us, i dunno i feel differently about it. i dont think bradshaw would be vocal and throw tantrum(s) (he might be good for 1 lol), but i dunno. just the way he looked so dejected on the sidelines...im kinda surprised it wasnt talked about as much...u could clearly see bradshaw was no where near as i dunno the word hyped up? he looked somber on the sidelines he really did...no not all the time, but there were several instances i noticed he just looked, well, sad...

When we lose a job, we go out and find another one (very over simplified, I know). When many professional athletes "lose their job" they have nowhere to go in terms type of employment or salary. It's got to be a very difficult adjustment to come to terms with. You'd think these guys would have "stored nuts away for the winter" when the big bucks were coming in, but all too often that's not the case.

Drez
01-22-2013, 02:52 PM
When we lose a job, we go out and find another one (very over simplified, I know). When many professional athletes "lose their job" they have nowhere to go in terms type of employment or salary. It's got to be a very difficult adjustment to come to terms with. You'd think these guys would have "stored nuts away for the winter" when the big bucks were coming in, but all too often that's not the case.Seriously. I know I probably wouldn't have made many wise decisions if I found myself a millionaire at 21.

TheShouldersOf
01-22-2013, 03:27 PM

It would benefit both Wilson and Eli, likewise he would have more options to audible based on coverage, versus that of a shotgun formation into a draw, with the pistol you can audible to both sides into multiple run formats from inside tackles to outside tackles, sweeps, tosses etc

i would like to see that happen next year,

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
When we lose a job, we go out and find another one (very over simplified, I know). When many professional athletes "lose their job" they have nowhere to go in terms type of employment or salary. It's got to be a very difficult adjustment to come to terms with. You'd think these guys would have "stored nuts away for the winter" when the big bucks were coming in, but all too often that's not the case.very true. but wouldnt u agree that in bradshaws case its something different than that? i think that his drive, his pride, is so strong that to kinda be told, we can do it better a different way, it like kills him. remember how he and TC had that little back n forth on the sidelines as he was going onto the field? his belief, self conviction is so strong that I think he even realizes what we have with Wilson (and his own condition with feet/knees...were bradshaw healthy, who knows. but he isnt) and i dunno.

with BJ, he threw the tantrums, but i at least still felt he was gonna go out there and be his usual self. i dunno if i can say that with bradshaw. a huge part of his game is playing with that passion and self conviction/belief (its how he can carry 350 lb DT's 6 yds in SB's), if that passion and emotion arent there and even worse, if its negative, then i dont know how he'd be the same effective bradshaw despite my hope thats what we get.

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Seriously. I know I probably wouldn't have made many wise decisions if I found myself a millionaire at 21.

I blame their handlers

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 03:53 PM
very true. but wouldnt u agree that in bradshaws case its something different than that? i think that his drive, his pride, is so strong that to kinda be told, we can do it better a different way, it like kills him. remember how he and TC had that little back n forth on the sidelines as he was going onto the field? his belief, self conviction is so strong that I think he even realizes what we have with Wilson (and his own condition with feet/knees...were bradshaw healthy, who knows. but he isnt) and i dunno.

with BJ, he threw the tantrums, but i at least still felt he was gonna go out there and be his usual self. i dunno if i can say that with bradshaw. a huge part of his game is playing with that passion and self conviction/belief (its how he can carry 350 lb DT's 6 yds in SB's), if that passion and emotion arent there and even worse, if its negative, then i dont know how he'd be the same effective bradshaw despite my hope thats what we get.

It's easier to see in Brdshaws case. He just wants to play, money is secondary

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM

plaxico says YES!

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 04:05 PM
plaxico says YES!my computer just exploded...lol win. awesome

Drez
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I blame their handlersTheir agents and whatnot aren't around them 24/7, and the pressure from family members must be tremendous. It has to be hard to tell your mom no, I'm not buying you a house or a new car. Take a look at Tyron Smith and what he's had to go through with his brothers.

I blame a culture that values flash and bling.

Drez
01-22-2013, 04:07 PM
I think I may have been the only one that got that.

gmen0820
01-22-2013, 04:35 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_16noOQI-C9g/R6NiONoTUSI/AAAAAAAABDI/JiDhfv1ASIg/s400/EaSyE_edited-1.jpg

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
my computer just exploded...lol win. awesome

lol..it's the first thing that came to mind.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 05:39 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_16noOQI-C9g/R6NiONoTUSI/AAAAAAAABDI/JiDhfv1ASIg/s400/EaSyE_edited-1.jpg

"SNITCHES GET STITCHES"

Rusty192
01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
I think I may have been the only one that got that.that scene was effed up. "ain't life a *****"

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_16noOQI-C9g/R6NiONoTUSI/AAAAAAAABDI/JiDhfv1ASIg/s400/EaSyE_edited-1.jpgWhat is this amount of swag doing on these message boards?

gmen0820
01-22-2013, 05:47 PM
What is this amount of swag doing on these message boards?Magnets.

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Magnets.Should have known.

Manning
01-22-2013, 07:37 PM
There was a game this season where I was in the pistol formation.

njg85m
01-22-2013, 07:44 PM
You can run the pistol without necessarily having a option or running QB. Quick slants, direct snaps to the RB, and Play action bombs are all effective w/o the threat of a QB run. However, I'm not sure that our completion % or yards per carry would increase at all. No real data to compare.

BlueSanta
01-22-2013, 08:43 PM
The pistol offense is less effective at QB protection because the back is behind the QB rather then to his side and capable of stepping into middle pressure. For this reason, I do not see us doing it. We actually care about our Qbs health.

Drez
01-22-2013, 08:56 PM
The pistol offense is less effective at QB protection because the back is behind the QB rather then to his side and capable of stepping into middle pressure. For this reason, I do not see us doing it. We actually care about our Qbs health.Is that not the case when the QB is under center?

Drystt
01-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Maybe, I'd like to see Eli surprise some people and run for 1st downs more often, but at the same time be smart about it and not get himself killed. He's no string bean either; remember how everyone popped when he threw that pancake block for Bradshaw vs Greenbay in playoffs last year? Think the last rushing TD he had was in London Vs Miami 07 if I'm correct.

BROADWAYSTORM
01-22-2013, 11:18 PM
We have moved away from a lot of things we used to run with Tiki that I felt were deadly. The screen pass is all but gone. Tiki used to get 50 receptions a year. The shotgun draw is gone, this one from as recently as 2008 when earth, wind and fire were at their hayday. I really want to use the running back more in the no huddle passing game and I feel Wilson can do those things.

joemorrisforprez
01-22-2013, 11:22 PM

Agreed.....the last thing Gilbride wants to do is help the running game....it's all about those 30 yard pass attempts on 3rd and 2.

BigBlue wins
01-22-2013, 11:22 PM
http://cdn.ph.upi.com/sv/upi/UPI-98981338138685/2012/1/0d6b582066d6ff14c33a1d4fec78fd42/Couple-split-over-wifes-550-cats.jpg

Gilbride cat says no

Drez
01-22-2013, 11:29 PM
Maybe, I'd like to see Eli surprise some people and run for 1st downs more often, but at the same time be smart about it and not get himself killed. He's no string bean either; remember how everyone popped when he threw that pancake block for Bradshaw vs Greenbay in playoffs last year? Think the last rushing TD he had was in London Vs Miami 07 if I'm correct.
He ran for our first score of the year in '11 against Washington.

BMW
01-23-2013, 01:18 AM
Water pistol?

jomo
01-23-2013, 08:40 AM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/22/3903810/new-york-giants-chris-ault-eli-manning-pistol-colin-kaepernick-robert-griffin-iii

Excerpt: "Chris Ault, architect of the pistol offense employed by the San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins, Seattle Seahawks and others, says a team without a running quarterback can still use many of the concepts.

Could the New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) run some of the newly-popular -- and wildly successful -- pistol offense, even with the slow-footed Eli Manning (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2235/eli-manning) at quarterback? Chris Ault, architect of the pistol, told NFL.com on Tuesday that teams with non-running quarterbacks -- like the Giants -- can certainly implement parts of the pistol (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000129531/article/chris-ault-slow-quarterbacks-can-find-success-in-pistol) running attack.

"They could run the pistol formation," Ault said Tuesday on 'NFL AM.' "They don't need to run the read part of it. When we first put the pistol in, in 2005 and 2006 (at Nevada), that's all we ran. We ran the power, the gaps, the counters, the zones, the outside stuff. We did not run the read at that time. So, the pistol offense, the most important thing there, is you can run any offense you've been running. And this is how we created it, and then we advanced the pistol run game -- the read part of it -- two years later." Read more...

No offensive concept works without a bruising offensive line. We haven't had one of them in quite some time.

RoanokeFan
01-23-2013, 09:17 AM
No offensive concept works without a bruising offensive line. We haven't had one of them in quite some time.

We need to address that for real this season. That's one of the reasons I hope we keep Bennett and Beatty.

Markroman
01-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Eli Manning could play with a hula hoop too.

The pistol garbage is fad. Defenses will adjust like they have to other gimmick offenses. Relying on Qbs to run in the NFL has a very limited shelf life.

joemorrisforprez
01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
You can run the pistol without necessarily having a option or running QB. Quick slants, direct snaps to the RB, and Play action bombs are all effective w/o the threat of a QB run. However, I'm not sure that our completion % or yards per carry would increase at all. No real data to compare.

Agreed....the Steelers actually ran the pistol when Roethlisberger was injured....the idea is that the running back gets the ball closer to the line of scrimmage than the shotgun, but the QB doesn't need to drop back as much as when he's under center.

slipknottin
01-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Eli Manning could play with a hula hoop too.

The pistol garbage is fad. Defenses will adjust like they have to other gimmick offenses. Relying on Qbs to run in the NFL has a very limited shelf life.

Pistol isnt a gimmick, it has nothing to do with a running QB.

paulj
01-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Pistol isnt a gimmick, it has nothing to do with a running QB.

The last gun incident we had was with Plaxico.

I think Eli could possibly consider adapting a portion of this new fad occasionally, but honestly i think Gilbride would
hesitate.

Drez
01-23-2013, 06:09 PM
The last gun incident we had was with Plaxico.

I think Eli could possibly consider adapting a portion of this new fad occasionally, but honestly i think Gilbride would
hesitate.
We used it a few times late last season.

Why do you think Gilbride would hesitate?

Drystt
01-23-2013, 06:35 PM
He ran for our first score of the year in '11 against Washington.

That's right.

Drez
01-23-2013, 06:59 PM
That's right.
I wonder what the odds in Vegas were on that​!!!!

giantscolombia
01-24-2013, 12:42 PM
BRING BACK SINORICE!!!!!!!!!

(How would i go about making that statement red?)

dakotajoe
01-24-2013, 09:25 PM
wilson is gonna go OFF next year...his running style is just conducive to getting maximum yardage possible. hes burst and power creates an inertia that if he is met at the LOS, he's gonna continue moving forward until the kinetic energy is stopped and hes tackled, but if he can get thru the LOS, the momentum builds and well...its just remarkable. i honest to god would not trade wilson for any rb right now, i mean if AP was viable yeah but even then its not automatic for me. i truly believe wilson is going to be something truly special...

Nice physics lesson :D

BMW
01-25-2013, 06:06 AM
I wonder what the odds in Vegas were on that​!!!!

As good as manti te'o having a real girlfriend.

Harooni
01-25-2013, 02:26 PM
I feel like we will use a pistol-draw, over and over. haha

bansaw
01-25-2013, 03:18 PM

nice to see my shops still getting some love :beer:

Rudyy
01-25-2013, 03:30 PM
nice to see my shops still getting some love :beer:You made that? You win at the innerwebz.

Cloud57
01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Why do we need a Pistol when we have the Shotgun?

bansaw
01-25-2013, 03:34 PM
You made that? You win at the innerwebz.

the run in 2007 was a lot of fun

Rusty192
01-25-2013, 04:11 PM
nice to see my shops still getting some love :beer:He looks like Romo in those sunglasses.

Rudyy
01-25-2013, 04:12 PM
He looks like Romo in those sunglasses.No

bansaw
01-25-2013, 04:16 PM
He looks like Romo in those sunglasses.

no u

AntB
01-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Might make sense for the type of backs we have, unless we get a good power back.

sideline sneek
01-26-2013, 08:57 AM
The pistol would definately depend on the caliber of the offensive line.... (oooohhhh boy).

FlyingTruck
01-26-2013, 10:09 AM
I just want us to run the no huddle offense. I would be fine with that.

jomo
01-26-2013, 10:24 AM
There is no offensive scheme or concept that will work with an inferior OL.

FBomb
01-26-2013, 10:25 AM
lol....I love Eli, but the only way Eli can run the pistol is if he's carrying one!!:D

Captain Chaos
01-26-2013, 11:09 AM
There are some positives that they bring up; Unfortunately they require Gilbride to change some of the things he does. Given that it would not work in New York!

Rusty192
01-26-2013, 11:42 AM
no ulol I guess I should apologize to Eli now.