PDA

View Full Version : This kid could be a steal

Smith&Nicks
01-22-2013, 06:22 PM
I ain't no draft expert like the guys i see on here man ( red, sportsfan, santa, enigma, rainjef)
but this kid to me is a JOHN BROWN steal In the 4th -5th round

Michael Williams TE, ROLL TIDE!

look at this kids size 6-6 270, probably can run a 4.7 if he drops 10 pounds eh?
I don't think they used him much as a receiving threat but he can damn sure block almost as good as Bennett coming out, and speaking of that guy we might need to get a TE in the draft cause we have no JOHN BROWN clue what his version of a hometown discount is.

what you bloaks think?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84942&draftyear=2013&genpos=TE

BlueSabbath
01-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Michael Williams may be the best blocking TE in this draft (or at least among them). He's big and athletic and gets up field quickly.... He's serviceable at best as an offensive threat though, still needs to improve a lot in that department. I'd love to land him and try and hopefully develop his receiving skills. It would definitely improve our running game. I'm happy with just about anyone out of Alabama. It's an NFL prep factory. The TE they have behind Williams, Vogler, looks like he's going to be sick as well.

Redeyejedi
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Maybe the best blocking TE ive seen in the last 5 years in CFB. He is really like another Tackle. He just Flattens LB's. Alabama didnt even have their FB this season Jalston Fowler. That guy was destroying Michigan in the first game until he got hurt. He would of stolen some carries as well. Fowler is such a beast

slipknottin
01-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Still think he might be better off gaining another 30 pounds and switching to LT like Jason Peters did

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 07:45 PM
I'd like to take a late rounder flyer on DC Jefferson, TE from Rutgers

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 07:56 PM
I really like Micahel Williams, and also Vance McDonald of Rice.. I think Williams is obviouslyt he better blocker, but Vance has very good size and is the superior recevier.. Also, lets not forget about Travis Kelce, who can block and catch, and is as good a all around TE prospect as there is in this draft..

Levine Toiolo is another guy who can block and catch.. I think Slip might be on to something with Williams, becasue from what i heard, Williams was bad catching the ball yesterday, but obviously his blocking is sesnational, so maybe gaining wait and moving to OLINE is the thing for him? I see guys like Vance McDonald, Travis Kelce, and Toiolo being better all around threats then Williams though.

Redeyejedi
01-22-2013, 08:01 PM
I'd like to take a late rounder flyer on DC Jefferson, TE from Rutgers I hope they work him out,Mark Harrison 2

G-Men Surg.
01-22-2013, 11:19 PM
I've have him has my 6th round pick in my mock draf in " Members draft mock " in draft sub-forum. Tough as nails , good football player. Would love to have him in blue next year.

rainierjef
01-23-2013, 01:26 AM
I ain't no draft expert like the guys i see on here man ( red, sportsfan, santa, enigma, rainjef)
but this kid to me is a JOHN BROWN steal In the 4th -5th round

Michael Williams TE, ROLL TIDE!

look at this kids size 6-6 270, probably can run a 4.7 if he drops 10 pounds eh?
I don't think they used him much as a receiving threat but he can damn sure block almost as good as Bennett coming out, and speaking of that guy we might need to get a TE in the draft cause we have no JOHN BROWN clue what his version of a hometown discount is.

what you bloaks think?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84942&draftyear=2013&genpos=TE

I made a List early on in the season last year about upcoming TE's to look forward to and this guy was on my list. at the time i had them ranked as

Eifert
Fauria
Ertz
Stoneburner
Lutzenkirchen
Williams

I now switched fauria and ertz, and Williams is right under Stoneburner. The kid is a mauler at the point of attack when blocking, he has shown some stone hands at times but I think he can be coached, because like you said Bama didn't utilize him much.
I think turning him into a OL would be a waste depending on how he does at the combine specifically in the shuttle, 40, and receiving gauntlet. If he tanks these then i would not oppose the idea. He would have to bulk up to 310 and drastically improve his footwork at that weight, that a project i would not waste a 6th rounder on. Lets hope he impresses at the senior bowl / combine and is projected to stay at this natural position. he would most definitely be a steal in the 5th+

nycsportzfan
01-24-2013, 07:19 AM
I made a List early on in the season last year about upcoming TE's to look forward to and this guy was on my list. at the time i had them ranked as

Eifert
Fauria
Ertz
Stoneburner
Lutzenkirchen
Williams

I now switched fauria and ertz, and Williams is right under Stoneburner. The kid is a mauler at the point of attack when blocking, he has shown some stone hands at times but I think he can be coached, because like you said Bama didn't utilize him much.
I think turning him into a OL would be a waste depending on how he does at the combine specifically in the shuttle, 40, and receiving gauntlet. If he tanks these then i would not oppose the idea. He would have to bulk up to 310 and drastically improve his footwork at that weight, that a project i would not waste a 6th rounder on. Lets hope he impresses at the senior bowl / combine and is projected to stay at this natural position. he would most definitely be a steal in the 5th+ Hey, JC Tretter was a TE at Cornell his first couple seasons, and hes a small school ivy league kid, and hes piled on the weight and is now a 3rd - 4th RD G prospect who weighs over 300lbs... I don't think it'd be that difficult for Williams to get up to 295-300lbs with his 6ft 5in frame and still be able to move his ft good enough..

PBTimmons
01-24-2013, 09:46 AM
I love me some JOHN BROWN blocking TE's. Haha. In all seriousness I really do like what the giants do with TE's and I think the league overstates the importance of a receiving type TE.

I noticed this guy setting up some killer blocks in the BCS champ game. He might have even had a play-action touchdown to cap off a drive if I remember correctly.

TheEnigma
01-24-2013, 10:07 AM
In the event we don't resign Bennett, I'm almost certain that our next TE to come out of this draft or from FA will offer more in the blocking game than as a receiving threat. Williams and Sims would be two guys I'd love for this team to take into consideration as future Giants.

SimmsandLT
01-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Hey, JC Tretter was a TE at Cornell his first couple seasons, and hes a small school ivy league kid, and hes piled on the weight and is now a 3rd - 4th RD G prospect who weighs over 300lbs... I don't think it'd be that difficult for Williams to get up to 295-300lbs with his 6ft 5in frame and still be able to move his ft good enough..

So you want to draft a blocking TE and make him gain weight to play OL where nobody knows how good he'll be?

Why not just draft an OL instead of trying to turn a great blocking TE into a linemen unecessarily?

slipknottin
01-24-2013, 01:11 PM
So you want to draft a blocking TE and make him gain weight to play OL where nobody knows how good he'll be?

Why not just draft an OL instead of trying to turn a great blocking TE into a linemen unecessarily?

Because he has better movement skills than any mid-late round OT you're going to find. A lot of the top OTs in the nfl we're TEs. Eagles jason peters actually was a TE all through college. When he got to the nfl they converted him to OT and he is arguably the best LT in the game when healthy.

Redeyejedi
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Because he has better movement skills than any mid-late round OT you're going to find. A lot of the top OTs in the nfl we're TEs. Eagles jason peters actually was a TE all through college. When he got to the nfl they converted him to OT and he is arguably the best LT in the game when healthy.Seahawks drafted a DT and made him a Guard

Redeyejedi
01-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Because he has better movement skills than any mid-late round OT you're going to find. A lot of the top OTs in the nfl we're TEs. Eagles jason peters actually was a TE all through college. When he got to the nfl they converted him to OT and he is arguably the best LT in the game when healthy. College TE's switching to tackle happens quite a bit just dont here much about it. Nate Solder was a TE until his Soph season. I bet Jessie Williams from Alabama could make a great guard

nycsportzfan
01-24-2013, 02:03 PM

Why not just draft an OL instead of trying to turn a great blocking TE into a linemen unecessarily? Do i want to draft a blocking TE and make him gain weight???lol No, i don't want to just draft any blocking TE and make em gain weight.. I was answering my freind raineref's post , and simply letting him know, it happens... And its a pretty simple reason why u would do it.. The answer? Because the TE in question is without question a better blocker then reciever, and has a better chance of becoming a stud OT or G, then he does a multi dimensional TE..

Why have a TE that does only one thing really well, when u can have em do that one thing every snap? easy enough, ey?

nycsportzfan
01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
College TE's switching to tackle happens quite a bit just dont here much about it. Nate Solder was a TE until his Soph season. I bet Jessie Williams from Alabama could make a great guard Lane Johnson was a QB at Kilgore College and then Transitioned to TE , and was a TE when he arrived at Oklahoma.. Then they had em beef up 35lbs, and it seemed to work out pretty good for him as well..lol

Smith&Nicks
01-29-2013, 05:56 PM
What did I JOHN BROWN say about this kid :) really impressed the nation with his two catches one for the TD during that senior bowl game, I hope we get him as a future replacement or immediate for Bennett depending on what we do with the unicorns contract

rainierjef
01-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Lmao you did john brown say that. I remember asking redeye to gather as much tape on this kid at the beginning of the season. But because he is hardly used there wasn't much, he can definitely be a steal in the 4th-5th round. Although i don't think he makes it to the 5th based on his senior bowl and possible combine numbers.

Sportz what do you think? Still want to convert him or keep him at his natural position and polish him?

Smith&Nicks
01-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Lmao you did john brown say that. I remember asking redeye to gather as much tape on this kid at the beginning of the season. But because he is hardly used there wasn't much, he can definitely be a steal in the 4th-5th round. Although i don't think he makes it to the 5th based on his senior bowl and possible combine numbers.

Sportz what do you think? Still want to convert him or keep him at his natural position and polish him?
He is a JOHN BROWN beast!!!!