PDA

View Full Version : Adrien Robinson

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Yo, Adrien! are we gonna see you in action next season?

so what do you guys think? or know about what is going on with this kid? it's bad enough they have had beckum stealing a spot on the team for this long is the same to come of this kid? let's get him in a game and see what we have, good or bad.

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 08:10 PM
i would hope so. a dual te set with bennett and from what JR said, a capable blocking Robinson who is the "jpp of te's" could be unstoppable. we could prob run a lot of the schemes NE runs with their 2 te's...thats if he develops and pans out of course

slipknottin
01-22-2013, 08:12 PM
I think this season he has a much clearer path to playing time, wont have 3 other TEs in front of him.

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Beckum should be released, Pascoe is a RFA and Bennett is an UFA so yes, he should see some playing time. I hope they can keep both Bennett and Pascoe (also plays FB) but if they can't keep both, Robinson moves up by default.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Beckum should be released, Pascoe is a RFA and Bennett is an UFA so yes, he should see some playing time. I hope they can keep both Bennett and Pascoe (also plays FB) but if they can't keep both, Robinson moves up by default.

agreed, but if they have to keep one of pascoe and bennett I have to go with bennett.

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 08:16 PM
agreed, but if they have to keep one of pascoe and bennett I have to go with bennett.

No question about that

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 08:18 PM
it would be great if the tandom of bennet and robinson could be a somewhat similar version of the pats gronk and hernandez, Eli would really like that I think.

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 08:34 PM
I could see Robinson as the TE2 this year..

Antwuan
01-22-2013, 08:38 PM
The JPP Of TE's!

Antwuan
01-22-2013, 08:38 PM
He might get a shot.

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Who knows? U would of thought James Brewer would of seen time with not much ahead of him, and u would of thought guys like Ojomo would of gotten a bit of a chance because our lack of pass rush throughout the season, and so on and so fourth.. Adrien Robinson did nothing at Cincy, which is hard to do in that offense.. Travis Kelce just had a magnificent season for them, one yr after this guy was gone.. Theres a reason he did nothing at cincy...

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Who knows? U would of thought James Brewer would of seen time with not much ahead of him, and u would of thought guys like Ojomo would of gotten a bit of a chance because our lack of pass rush throughout the season, and so on and so fourth.. Adrien Robinson did nothing at Cincy, which is hard to do in that offense.. Travis Kelce just had a magnificent season for them, one yr after this guy was gone.. Theres a reason he did nothing at cincy...yeah, he was a basketball player who started football late

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 10:43 PM
yeah, he was a basketball player who started football late We'll see.. I wouldent hold my breath is all...

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 10:46 PM
We'll see.. I wouldent hold my breath is all...cant blame ya at all. ur not wrong really, its not like hes shown anything yet. but the praise jr gave him, i dunno...the athleticisms there. maybe he'll be our version of m.bennett with the cowboys...i sure hope not tho and hope he can make some plays as the 2 behind MB

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 10:47 PM
I always wonder why Reese used a 4th round pick on him.. probally could have waited till the 7th..

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 10:54 PM
cant blame ya at all. ur not wrong really, its not like hes shown anything yet. but the praise jr gave him, i dunno...the athleticisms there. maybe he'll be our version of m.bennett with the cowboys...i sure hope not tho and hope he can make some plays as the 2 behind MB Maybe.. Theres always a chance, but more often then not, it seems when u draft a guy based purley on Athletiscim and upside, with out any production, they end up being busts.. Guys like Sinorice Moss come to mind(very little college production).. JPP had college production his only yr at S.Florida.. Sure, it wasen't like he had 15sacks or something, but he still had like 7sacks and 15TFL and a few FF's or something like that? Completely diffrent then having like 12catches ur entire career at Cincy, and u see what Kelce did for em immedietly after Robinson was gone..

45catches 700plus yrds and 8TDs.. The yr before, when Robinson was there doing nothing, Kelce only had 13catches.. Robinson just got in the way, if u ask me...

penguinfarmer
01-23-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm always wary about some JPP comparison these days.

Mercury
01-23-2013, 09:21 AM
If JR really believes in Robinson, he may not even re-sign Bennett. He's done just that sort of thing to us in the past, where everyone anticipates he will do something, but he does something else, knowing he has someone special waiting in the wings. That said, I sure hope he re-signs Bennett.

Carter.525
01-23-2013, 09:26 AM
If JR really believes in Robinson, he may not even re-sign Bennett. He's done just that sort of thing to us in the past, where everyone anticipates he will do something, but he does something else, knowing he has someone special waiting in the wings. That said, I sure hope he re-signs Bennett.

I sure as hell hope not.. we need the Black Unicorn and all his magical powers..

Redeyejedi
01-23-2013, 09:36 AM
I always wonder why Reese used a 4th round pick on him.. probally could have waited till the 7th.. Didnt JR say they were thinking 5th round but didnt have a 5th round pick and he was the highest graded guy so they took him. I thought I read that after the draft or maybe I hallucinated it

Redeyejedi
01-23-2013, 09:37 AM
If JR really believes in Robinson, he may not even re-sign Bennett. He's done just that sort of thing to us in the past, where everyone anticipates he will do something, but he does something else, knowing he has someone special waiting in the wings. That said, I sure hope he re-signs Bennett.Thats what I was saying about James Brewer and the RT spot the Giants may be thinking he is the RT next season

jomo
01-23-2013, 09:37 AM
I sure as hell hope not.. we need the Black Unicorn and all his magical powers..Bennett is an entertaining guy and the Black Unicorn thing is funny but we didn't see many magical powers last year. He is an NFL calibre TE and nothing more. If we can get him for "ordinary" money then we should. If not, save the $$ and rebuild the OL. TE is not going to ever be critical to a Gilbride offense, so why burn a bunch of cash there?

TheAnalyst
01-23-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't feel we spend much at TE again this year. I think Bennett goes elsewhere via FA by getting a larger contract. Pascoe and Robinson may be the TEs of our 2013 season, with the addition of another TE either later in the draft or FA, but a cheap one.

giantsfan420
01-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Didnt JR say they were thinking 5th round but didnt have a 5th round pick and he was the highest graded guy so they took him. I thought I read that after the draft or maybe I hallucinated ityou are correct i remember that clearly...

RoanokeFan
01-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Bennett is an entertaining guy and the Black Unicorn thing is funny but we didn't see many magical powers last year. He is an NFL calibre TE and nothing more. If we can get him for "ordinary" money then we should. If not, save the $$ and rebuild the OL. TE is not going to ever be critical to a Gilbride offense, so why burn a bunch of cash there?

I'm not sure a bunch of cash is involved other than the already obscene salaries most players get. For his first year in this system, I think he put up better than average numbers, and should be a better player for us this coming season. For a position thought of more as a linemen than a receiver, making 55 receptions and 5 TDs (second to only Cruz). I think he will provide a key link in the OLine in 2013 and it would be better to have him with us than break in someone new.

If Robinson were ready he'd have been playing in 2012. Pascoe has not measured up but is versatile and can block.

TCHOF
01-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Thats what I was saying about James Brewer and the RT spot the Giants may be thinking he is the RT next season

God I hope not. The guy was awful last preseason.

myles2424
01-23-2013, 06:39 PM
God I hope not. The guy was awful last preseason.
Yup....

jomo
01-23-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure a bunch of cash is involved other than the already obscene salaries most players get. For his first year in this system, I think he put up better than average numbers, and should be a better player for us this coming season. For a position thought of more as a linemen than a receiver, making 55 receptions and 5 TDs (second to only Cruz). I think he will provide a key link in the OLine in 2013 and it would be better to have him with us than break in someone new.

If Robinson were ready he'd have been playing in 2012. Pascoe has not measured up but is versatile and can block.But aren't 55 receptions ordinary? And isn't "first year in the system" an excuse? Ballard was a rookie and had 38 catches with 4 TD's in only 13 starts...........no rookie excuses there. I like the guy, respect his durability and impact at the edge of the line. I just don't want us getting carried away by paying for more than he's worth............not worried about JR on that front so let's hope he's back next year and we can move onto the really important stuff like finding OL and LB replacements.

RoanokeFan
01-23-2013, 07:11 PM
But aren't 55 receptions ordinary? And isn't "first year in the system" an excuse? Ballard was a rookie and had 38 catches with 4 TD's in only 13 starts...........no rookie excuses there. I like the guy, respect his durability and impact at the edge of the line. I just don't want us getting carried away by paying for more than he's worth............not worried about JR on that front so let's hope he's back next year and we can move onto the really important stuff like finding OL and LB replacements.

First year in the system isn't an excuse, it's a reference point. My hope is he will be better this season which is logical but not always a reality. As far as 55 catches with 5 TDs being ordinary, I look at it a little differently. He's a lineman first and caught more passes and scored more TDs than most of the wide receivers. I want him back because of his blocking first, and receiving second.

I do wish I knew more about all of this CAP stuff and how it all works. Restructuring alters the playing field, workout bonuses alter the playing field, guaranteed money alters the playing field, and releasing a player under contract doesn't necessarily release all or part of his salary. So if releasing Canty means we get all of his salary out from under the CAP, then fine if he's not teh right guy for the job.

But if, as with Bradshaw and Baas as examples, releasing them would cost us in excess of $9M then it's not as simple as it may appear.

I desperately want tomorrow to be the night before the first preseason game :rolleyes:

Carter.525
01-23-2013, 08:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-PzdcHQHKo

Toadofsteel
01-24-2013, 02:10 AM
I have a feeling that the Unicorn will be back. He's already on record saying he plans on retiring with the Giants and is willing to cut the Giants a discount come contract time. He knows what we have here that he can't get anywhere else. Robinson, if he pans out, would allow us to definitely pull some 2 TE sets. Plus I think it would be hilarious to see this guy that the Cowboys stifled all these years due to Witten getting all the accolades.

If he can get his brother at a discount too, we'd even be set with pass rushers...

JesseJames
01-24-2013, 11:40 AM
it would have been nice to see something from this kid this year but apparently he is so green that it didn't happen and for that reason its hard for me to get excited about a guy who never saw the field, another one of Jerry's projects I guess....