PDA

View Full Version : T.j McDonald or baccri Rambo would be nice to get both

giantsacks
01-22-2013, 08:22 PM
No way no how we don't draft a corner in the first day of drafting I think both these guys would around I preferably like McDonald he can play man and he lays lumber he sorta reminds me of Sherman and browner in Seattle

slipknottin
01-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Those guys are both safeties though. Neither is a cover guy.

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 08:26 PM
No way no how we don't draft a corner in the first day of drafting I think both these guys would around I preferably like McDonald he can play man and he lays lumber he sorta reminds me of Sherman and browner in Seattle

The is plenty of WAY they won't. They need linemen before anything else

giantsacks
01-22-2013, 08:30 PM
With kp likely leaving and rolle probably won't take a pay cut brown,hill is all we have jus a logical thought

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 08:31 PM
The is plenty of WAY they won't. They need linemen before anything else

well over the last 20 or so years the giants have shown the propensity to draft a CB in the first more times than not,,,,BPA would definately come in to effect here and I only see them biting on dee milliner who will never make it to us, or jonathan banks, possibly but not likely. there are many good corners in the draft to be had rounds 2-4. the first pick will come down to what is available. I think the only way they go OL in the 1st is if a juicy, cant pass prospect falls to us, other wise. it could be LB or DE, just my opinion.

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 08:32 PM
only if both Phillips & Brown are gone do I see Reese drafting a saftey..

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 08:33 PM
only if both Phillips & Brown are gone do I see Reese drafting a saftey..

brown I dodnt think is going anywhere.

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 08:36 PM
brown I dodnt think is going anywhere.

I hope so.. put a 1st round tender on him..

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 08:36 PM
I hope so.. put a 1st round tender on him..

can they do that?

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 08:39 PM
well over the last 20 or so years the giants have shown the propensity to draft a CB in the first more times than not,,,,BPA would definately come in to effect here and I only see them biting on dee milliner who will never make it to us, or jonathan banks, possibly but not likely. there are many good corners in the draft to be had rounds 2-4. the first pick will come down to what is available. I think the only way they go OL in the 1st is if a juicy, cant pass prospect falls to us, other wise. it could be LB or DE, just my opinion.

I understand the philosophy and it seems Reese will take BPA more often than not. But I'd like to think if at 19 they had a choice that included an offensive lineman and a CB he'd take the lineman as we aren't as desperate in the secondary.

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 08:39 PM
can they do that?

I honestly have no idea..

RoanokeFan
01-22-2013, 08:52 PM
I honestly have no idea..

If they put a first round tender on anyone it will be Cruz. I'm not sure they can put more than one first round but if they can Brown would sure be worth it.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 08:59 PM
If they put a first round tender on anyone it will be Cruz. I'm not sure they can put more than one first round but if they can Brown would sure be worth it. cool, I wasn't sure. I really dont want to lose Stevie though,,lets give him another season. but if we did 1st round tender him how does that work? the pick I am guessing would be in next years draft, 1st round?

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 09:56 PM
I like both players, and TJ McDonald has been growing on me, as i soured a bit earlier in season, but no way we need to get both.. Rambo is a sensational playmaker, and TJ McDonald just strikes me as a GIANT kinda S, and almost perfect replacement for KP, but no need for both.. I'd be pleased to get one or the other, but not both...

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 10:00 PM
I like both players, and TJ McDonald has been growing on me, as i soured a bit earlier in season, but no way we need to get both.. Rambo is a sensational playmaker, and TJ McDonald just strikes me as a GIANT kinda S, and almost perfect replacement for KP, but no need for both.. I'd be pleased to get one or the other, but not both...

I think the sensational playmaker would be what we need.

penguinfarmer
01-23-2013, 08:20 AM
I had dreams of a TJ/KP backfield. All USC prospects took a collective nose dive in the beginning of the season for whatever reason. However, McDonald is the type of player that transcends the safety designations.