PDA

View Full Version : Giants LE Justin Tuck vows to bounce-back in 2013.

moosedrool
01-22-2013, 08:45 PM
"That’s what it’s going to be for me, getting back to the Pro
Bowl, All-Pro type status that I’m accustomed to playing at," Tuck said. "I’ve
been watching film of (myself) and it’s just frustrating to see that I haven’t
played to that standard. ... (I'm going to) do my due (diligence), training and
eating the right things to make sure that next year is a normal Justin Tuck year
compared to last year." Two months shy of his 30th birthday, Tuck has just 82
tackles and nine sacks over his past 27 games. His problems likely go beyond
diet and technique, but we'd expect him to be more productive during a contract
year.

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/22113/tuck-that-wasnt-the-real-me-in-2012

I don't know about you, but I'm not falling for it. What he is saying is he WASN'T doing his due diligence last year. Funny what a contract year does to players.

Rudyy
01-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Lol..Tuck.

TheBookOfEli
Talk is cheap Tuck. Let's see what you got in 2013.

GTGiantsFan
It's nothing until he backs it up with action.

Cloud57
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-22-2013, 08:56 PM
5,,,5,,,$5 foot long.

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 09:03 PM
I believe..

slipknottin
01-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Didnt he say coming into this year that he was in much better shape than he was going into the SB year?

Umm

WinterIsComing
01-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Not going to happen...if Tuck gets 8 sacks this year, he should consider himself lucky...

joemorrisforprez
01-22-2013, 09:18 PM
If anything, he's showing a constructive attitude. I hope he can come back, because he's shown that he can be a difference maker on defense.

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Ya, i doubt it.. Its all bussiness, and just Tuck trying to make sure he holds onto his job and continues to make a living playing football.. unfortunetly for him, he was so pathetic this past season, that no one cares what he says.. They would rather see it, then here about it...

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 09:43 PM
"That’s what it’s going to be for me, getting back to the Pro
Bowl, All-Pro type status that I’m accustomed to playing at," Tuck said. "I’ve
been watching film of (myself) and it’s just frustrating to see that I haven’t
played to that standard. ... (I'm going to) do my due (diligence), training and
eating the right things to make sure that next year is a normal Justin Tuck year
compared to last year." Two months shy of his 30th birthday, Tuck has just 82
tackles and nine sacks over his past 27 games. His problems likely go beyond
diet and technique, but we'd expect him to be more productive during a contract
year.

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/22113/tuck-that-wasnt-the-real-me-in-2012

I don't know about you, but I'm not falling for it. What he is saying is he WASN'T doing his due diligence last year. Funny what a contract year does to players.im starting to feel bad. he has good intentions but just keeps on putting his foot in his mouth. thats a good point moosedrool, a little extreme but somewhat true...

i dunno. i hope he can give us something, anything more than last yr cuz the past 2 have been brutal for him aside a 4 game stretch

giantsfan420
01-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Didnt he say coming into this year that he was in much better shape than he was going into the SB year?

Ummlol

Cloud57
01-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Ya, i doubt it.. Its all bussiness, and just Tuck trying to make sure he holds onto his job and continues to make a living playing football.. unfortunetly for him, he was so pathetic this past season, that no one cares what he says.. They would rather see it, then here about it...+1

Buddy333
01-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Wow! He was very disappointing tis season but people here are ready to run him out of town. What if he can pull it together this season? Hey, for the $4.5 they are paying him its worth the wait. Other guys on this team played poorly this year and make a lot more than he does but they are defended.

jgiantfan
01-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Ray Lewis has it . Michael Strahan also had it. Justin Tuck doesn't have it. Can you imagine Ray Lewis sounding off about the need to start focusing on doing the right things again to reach that All-Pro type " Standard"? . Don't get me wrong. I like Tuck but as a team's leader you must have the passion to play every minute , every quarter , every game and every year to a standard of excellence that transcends beyond normal expectations. . I'm sorry but Tuck desn't have the passion to be the leader that we expect him to be. I was frustrated the past few years watching Tuck leave the field and take a few plays off during crucial moments in the game. I thought , This is the Captain of our defense? Our Leader? One of the best lines from my all time favorite sports movie, Remember the Titans was. " ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP" Maybe the reason we have not played up to expectations is because our leaders are not playing with passion or leading by example. Talk is cheap and Tuck seems to be doing that alot these days.

ImElectric2
01-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Yawn. I'll take a hungry, ever-motivated DE for around $2.5 mil a year, Alex.

nycisgreat
01-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Talk is cheap Tuck. Let's see what you got in 2013.

+1

Toadofsteel
01-22-2013, 10:55 PM
I wish players would stop tuning out TC's main message: Talk is cheap, play the game...

jomo
01-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Hopefully JR and TC make the hard decision on this one. Not necessarily to cut ties but to evaluate JT unemotionally. Of course Tuck will say these things, he wants to keep the big paycheck coming. JR's job along with TC's is to figure out whether he's got the goods any longer.

G.I. Ants
01-22-2013, 11:47 PM
we'll see, I'm betting JR will draft his replacement

Toadofsteel
01-22-2013, 11:51 PM
we'll see, I'm betting JR will draft his replacement

I think Tuck's replacement is already on the roster:
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1147714.1346319912!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/ginsider30s-1-web.jpg

gmen0820
01-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Sounds fine to me. My expectations for Tuck are pathetically low, so 8 sacks would get my attention.

And I could care less about Tuck's motive, i.e contract year; if it were up to me, he wouldn't have a roster spot on the Giants next year, so if he wants to give us a solid year before he inevitably goes, that's fine with me.

It's a shame though. Tuck made a poor business decision by taking the contract before the SB, had he waited until after 2008 he would have cashed in big time. His body is trashed, and he really hasn't made the insane $$ to justify it all.

ALLnygIN
01-23-2013, 01:33 AM
You know I hate to get on a guys case like Tuck who has giving this team alot, but the 2 years he's been a no show except for the SB run last season.. I mean after two years of being a ghost he now says he's going to transform to his former self? yeah maybe bc he knows the team is looking for his replacement possibly sooner than what he though, like this years draft.