PDA

View Full Version : Just A Thought About The Playoffs

pjam84
12-25-2011, 02:29 AM
not to get ahead of ourselves, but i think as fans we are free to 'look ahead' in thinking about the future of the season. here's a thought that i've been thinking about quite a bit for the past few weeks; as the playoff picture has become more clear. feel free to elaborate and discuss if you wish.

i really believe the giants can beat the cowboys next weekend. i think we are the better team. both defenses have been inconsistent, if not terrible at times. but eli>romo. romo's hand being banged up is just an added advantage.

i like the giants chances being at home against the falcons or lions. either team will be a tough matchup, but giants on a two game winning streak and a proven veteran qb - if i were a betting man i'd take the gmen.

i really think the giants can beat the packers at lambeau. packers kinda remind me of our '08 team. their receiver didn't shoot himself, but he did hurt his leg. the packers proved to be beatable against the chiefs last week. not only that, but we, in my opinion, proved we could beat them in our game a few weeks ago. at this point the giants would be on a three game winning streak and feeling great about themselves. the packers would have a week off, and maybe even been on a bit of a slump going into the playoffs. (that remains to be seen) i just think this has the potential to be a classic one and done for the top seed, and who else but the giants to knock 'em off the top.

nfc championship. i'm hoping we get this far. the season would be a success at this point. it would be wonderful. a dream would be a rematch with the niners at candlestick. a four game winning streak and beating the packers at lambeau would really have this team bELIving. i'm taking eli over smith every time. i think the giants could get it done the second go-round. a bigger more unrealistic dream would be to face either the lions or the falcons at the meadowlands. again, a very tough matchup, but who isn't taking the giants in that scenario?

the nightmare would be having to play the saints at the superdome. i hate this matchup for the giants. but just maybe we could pull it out somehow if we make it that far. we'll see. a lot of ifs, but as the season winds down, it's exciting to think about. there always seems to be a wild card team that goes through the playoffs to the championship every year. why not the giants this year?

super bowl. are you kidding me? this would be more than incredible. giants are on a six game winning streak against the afc. beat the current cream of the crop (record-wise) earlier this season. i like the way we matchup with anyone the afc has to offer. i think baltimore would pose the biggest threat, and pittsburgh just always seems to make **** happen. if we get to the super bowl i'll just be happy to be there, but at that point, you gotta love our shot.

sorry for rambling. if you actually took the time to read all of this, thanks for humoring me. i'm so psyched about the win today, and i can't help but to dream about the near future.

lets go giants! lets roll.

kory da man
12-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Best senerio is we win Sunday night and play atlanta and detroit goes to new orleans they could win there we go to sf and detroit would play green bay again we can beat sf and we play either detroit or gb....not far fetched but I want that to happen

scf424
12-31-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't know how much of an advantage it is, but if we win, we'll have a dome team coming to the Meadowlands in January. Take that for what it is.

BlueSanta
01-01-2012, 01:49 AM
You arent getting ahead of yourself at all.

Effectively, the playoffs have already begun for us. After all, from here on out it is a lose and you go home situation.

mainegiantsfan
01-01-2012, 02:21 AM
I just hope we don't play the Saints at any stage of the play offs.Other than that, I'm not overly worried about getting blown out. We have shown that we can compete with 49'rs and Packers.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
01-01-2012, 02:30 AM
I am optimistic and in agreement with much of what you said. In those scenarios I believe your conclusions are not unfounded but reasonable.
Yes I read it all. lol

Saints in the 'Dome is the tough one, I would rather have them fall and us see someone else.
We could even possibly have the NFC Championship game in the Meadowlands.

First things first.

giantsfan420
01-01-2012, 02:14 PM
green bay is resting everyone, so detroit should be able to win.

with atlanta losing to NO, even if they win too, detroit has the 5 seed.

which means we'd face atlanta first round if and when we win tonight.

thats a favorable matchup imo bc atlanta hasnt won a playoff game with ryan at qb and looked bad in both playoff games they've had. also, they are a medeocre road team, they struggle badly away from home.

gmen0820
01-01-2012, 02:19 PM
green bay is resting everyone, so detroit should be able to win.

with atlanta losing to NO, even if they win too, detroit has the 5 seed.

which means we'd face atlanta first round if and when we win tonight.

thats a favorable matchup imo bc atlanta hasnt won a playoff game with ryan at qb and looked bad in both playoff games they've had. also, they are a medeocre road team, they struggle badly away from home.We would get Detroit.

giantsfan420
01-01-2012, 02:22 PM
oh yeah ur right duh my bad. 4 plays 5 seed.

i was really hoping we'd get atl i think we match up with them better. thanks for pointing that out my mistake

Overdrive92
01-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm hoping Green Bay wins today because I'd MUCH rather play Atlanta than Detroit. Detroit has a lot of weapons and Stafford knows how to spread the ball around. And I don't trust our secondary covering them.

giantsfan420
01-01-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm hoping Green Bay wins today because I'd MUCH rather play Atlanta than Detroit. Detroit has a lot of weapons and Stafford knows how to spread the ball around. And I don't trust our secondary covering them.

looks like it'll be a win win either way. green bay full of there back ups are beating detroit.

and they have zero playoff experience. their coach is too emotional if u ask me and thats a negative in the playoffs u dont want ur emotions getting in the way of focus.

then on the other hand, if its atl, matty ice has been cold as ice in the playoffs and they struggle badly away from home.

i like our chances vs either team. i see dallas as a tougher opponent than either of the two possible playoff opponents

pjam84
01-10-2012, 11:35 PM
after watching nfl replay of the game against the packers....i am convinced that if that packer team that showed up at metlife stadium on december 4th shows up at lambeau against our current giant team, we will wipe the field with them. that's a big if, but i have no reason to believe it won't happen. lets go giants, WE BELIEVE!

chasjay
01-10-2012, 11:40 PM
"We Could Be Heroes"

I always liked me some Bowie

pjam84
01-24-2012, 09:45 PM
i love when everything plays out just as it was dreamed up...doesn't happen very often. well, it did happen four years ago...but this is no less special. LETS GO GMEN!