PDA

View Full Version : Jets To Explore Trade Options For Darrelle Revis; Giants Not Likely To Be Interested

RoanokeFan
01-24-2013, 10:38 AM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/24/jets-to-explore-trade-options-for-darrelle-revis-new-york-giants-not-likely-to-be-interested/

Excerpt: "The New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Jets have a dilemma on their hands. The team and organization are expected to clean house and start a rebuilding mode, making trading Darrelle Revis a strong option.

Revis is widely considered one of the best defensive players in the league regardless of position, but he is entering the final year of his contract in which he is due $6 million, after missing all of last season with a torn ACL. Revis' current contract also precludes him from having the franchise tag placed on him.They can either keep Revis through the season, and shell out the coin to resign him, or they can entertain trade offers for the All-Pro. Jets owner Woody Johnson has made it clear that he would like to salvage what they can via a trade. This presents the Jets, who just recently hired new general manager John Idzik, with a predicament.

Revis has always said he wants to retire a Jet, but it is unclear if he will want to stick around during a rebuilding process. A player of his caliber would be best utilized by a team built to win now. However, Revis, who will be 28 next season, will likely demand a huge contract despite coming off a major injury, making him a risk for teams to pursue.

For New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants fans curious to know if the Big Blue will be interested in bringing in Revis Island, Inside Football (http://www.giants101.com/tag/football/)'s Pat Traina has an answer.

"If Revis, coming off a serious knee injury, wants to be the highest paid, it ain't gonna happen with the Giants," she tweeted (http://twitter.com/Patricia_Traina). "Please tweeps, I beg of you… don't start drooling over every possible trade rumor, free agent, etc. that comes up. …" Read more...

EliDaMANning
01-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Sucks not to be interested in him when we have Webster getting abused every week. It's like saying hey i'm not interested in improving this 9-7 team.

Rudyy
01-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Sucks not to be interested in him when we have Webster getting abused every week. It's like saying hey i'm not interested in improving this 9-7 team.Or perhaps we don't have Revis money?

EliDaMANning
“I heard we offered them Corey Webster and our #1. When the Jets countered with ‘just the #1? negotiations broke down.”

LOL

RoanokeFan
Sucks not to be interested in him when we have Webster getting abused every week. It's like saying hey i'm not interested in improving this 9-7 team.

He is going to want too much money and is coming off an ACL tear. The team that he is with now doesn't want him. That's usually a sign.

EliDaMANning
01-24-2013, 11:00 AM
He's making 6m. Isn't Webby at 8m? Lots of money will be coming off the books after 2013. We will be able to afford him.

BigBlue1971
01-24-2013, 11:07 AM
the Jets are just trying to get as much as they can while they can!

if he stays with the Jets or goes anywhere else for that matter i have a feeling he wont be nearly as effective as hes been in the past.

for one thing he reads too much of his own press!

hes regressing and i wouldnt want him at that salary!

barran21
01-24-2013, 11:10 AM

Revis wants Peyton Manning money, Giants got CC Brown money...

EliDaMANning
01-24-2013, 11:14 AM
hes regressing and i wouldnt want him at that salary!And you know this how?

BigBlue1971
01-24-2013, 11:26 AM
And you know this how?

i dont know! its my opinion!

look Revis is not worth what the Jets will eventually get for him!

the injury will be a factor again decreasing his effectiveness....again just my opinion!

Cloud57
01-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Their backup kyle wilson played pretty well last season, I'd rather have him than Webster

EliDaMANning
01-24-2013, 11:37 AM

the injury will be a factor again decreasing his effectiveness....again just my opinion!From his play last year I didn't see him regressing.

Plus he made Dez Bryant look like a fool when they played.

TCHOF
01-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Their backup kyle wilson played pretty well last season, I'd rather have him than Webster

lol . . . kyle wilson is awful.

TCHOF
01-24-2013, 11:41 AM

the injury will be a factor again decreasing his effectiveness....again just my opinion!

The Jets would probably get a second rounder for Revis. he is absoluetely worth that and more.

The major reason for the Jets making a trade like this would be salary cap relief, not the picks they will get back.

BigBlue1971
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
From his play last year I didn't see him regressing.

Plus he made Dez Bryant look like a fool when they played.

ok!

ShakeandBake
01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
The Jets would probably get a second rounder for Revis. he is absoluetely worth that and more.

The major reason for the Jets making a trade like this would be salary cap relief, not the picks they will get back.

How does this open up, 6 mil or so? I think the Jets are 24mil over the cap or somewhere around there......

BigBlue1971
01-24-2013, 01:20 PM

why would a team trade a "shutdown' corner for salary cap relief only? it doesnt make sense.

again....my opinion only, the Jets are trying to trade him at this point because he is still a commodity but you know im not so sure about him!

nhpgiantsfan
01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Who does Revis think he is?? How can he possibly demand more money coming off an ACL injury. The Jets would be nuts to give this guy a penny more than his current deal. But, it is the Jets, so who knows.

TCHOF
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
why would a team trade a "shutdown' corner for salary cap relief only? it doesnt make sense.

again....my opinion only, the Jets are trying to trade him at this point because he is still a commodity but you know im not so sure about him!

Why would they take a second round pick for a shutdown corner??

He makes too much money and they don't feel like they can sign him to a new deal, so they want to get something for him before he walks for nothing.

If I were them, I'd rather let him play out his deal, and just take the compensatory pick if he walks.

domfin
01-24-2013, 02:41 PM
I can't see how you could not be interested in player of his caliber when the defense was ranked one of the lowest. He is by far the best CB in the league.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
offer a 4th and a 6th and when they say no offer a 3rd and a 6th. randy moss was traded in his prime and healthy for a fourth rounder. there is no way the giants will go after him but that is what I would do if we had the money to sign him.

thomasjmarino
01-24-2013, 03:56 PM

Here we go again.
Sitting on our hands as we watch one of our competitors grab him.
No aggression from this team...ever

thomasjmarino
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
offer a 4th and a 6th and when they say no offer a 3rd and a 6th. randy moss was traded in his prime and healthy for a fourth rounder. there is no way the giants will go after him but that is what I would do if we had the money to sign him.

Without a doubt!!!

thomasjmarino
01-24-2013, 03:58 PM
I can't see how you could not be interested in player of his caliber when the defense was ranked one of the lowest. He is by far the best CB in the league.

That's the Giants

EliDaMANning
01-24-2013, 04:06 PM
offer a 4th and a 6th and when they say no offer a 3rd and a 6th. randy moss was traded in his prime and healthy for a fourth rounder. there is no way the giants will go after him but that is what I would do if we had the money to sign him.Can't really compare Moss to Revis. OAK wanted him out ASAP and I cannot believe how they got robbed by the Pats. I'm sure there will be more teams targetting Revis and willing to take a chance on his leg than Moss and his attitude in Oak. Revis is worth more than Woody Johnson in my opinion. Gotta make an offer at least.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Can't really compare Moss to Revis. OAK wanted him out ASAP and I cannot believe how they got robbed by the Pats. I'm sure there will be more teams targetting Revis and willing to take a chance on his leg than Moss and his attitude in Oak. Revis is worth more than Woody Johnson in my opinion. Gotta make an offer at least.

sure you can,,both at the tops of there respected positons at the time,,,what oakland got means everything,,,precedent was set for an elite status player. who in there right mind would offer anything more than a third, which is a lot. the jets have 3 problems,,,one.. he is coming off a knee injury, two.. he will just walk at the end of next year if not traded,,,and three,,,why would any team give up much more than NE did for moss when the big mouth jets already let the league know he is available. all of their leverage is gone.... jr calls, says we have a 4th and a 6th,,jets say no,,,then jr counter offers and says ok we will give you a third just so he doesnt walk next year and you get nothing for him. not gonna happen though.

beakybird
01-24-2013, 04:46 PM
You guys can't honestly think the Giants would make this move would you? One thing I've learned about being a Giants fan is to trust Jerry Reese. He's hands down one of the top 5 GM's in the game. Routinely finds other teams scraps and the staff turns them into legit players. That and the Giants usually draft pretty well in the mid-low rounds. The Giants will improve, as they usually do, and in the preseason it'll look like nothing got addressed because there will be no big-splash moves.

If they had the cap space, that'd be another story, but they don't. Even if you assume Webster gets cut (which I think almost everyone does) and Diehl (most ppl think so too, though he may restructure) then you bring on Revis, basically wash out the space you freed up and lose picks. How are you building depth? What do you then do about Cruz? How about the O-line? How about TE? LB?

Giants have ALOT of holes to fill, but don't need stars to do it. It's never been what the Giants are about. in a fantas world I'd love to see Revis out there across from Prince and have a healthy (I said fantasy) Terrell Thomas as the nickel back. Play a 3-safety base set like they did in 2011 with Rolle, Brown and Phillips. Let Rolle blitz and freeroam a bit and use his athletic ability. Cut Boley and bring in a sure tackling but maybe not so athletic MLB. Move JPP back to his natural side, cut Tuck (or let him take a BIG pay cut-doubt he'll do that tho) and move Kiwi back to DE to play on the other side of JPP. Draft a DE or DT in the first round for D-line depth. That;d be my answer. But what do I know, it's not madden franchise afterall!

Drez
01-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Signing Revis would not improve this team. It would actually hurt the team as we wouldn't be able to address other needs. Revis is good, but not for $11m+/yr. How many holes could we fill with that much money? (Mind you we also need to find money for Cruz, Nicks, and JPP all within the next season or two).

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-24-2013, 04:51 PM
You guys can't honestly think the Giants would make this move would you? One thing I've learned about being a Giants fan is to trust Jerry Reese. He's hands down one of the top 5 GM's in the game. Routinely finds other teams scraps and the staff turns them into legit players. That and the Giants usually draft pretty well in the mid-low rounds. The Giants will improve, as they usually do, and in the preseason it'll look like nothing got addressed because there will be no big-splash moves.

If they had the cap space, that'd be another story, but they don't. Even if you assume Webster gets cut (which I think almost everyone does) and Diehl (most ppl think so too, though he may restructure) then you bring on Revis, basically wash out the space you freed up and lose picks. How are you building depth? What do you then do about Cruz? How about the O-line? How about TE? LB?

Giants have ALOT of holes to fill, but don't need stars to do it. It's never been what the Giants are about. in a fantas world I'd love to see Revis out there across from Prince and have a healthy (I said fantasy) Terrell Thomas as the nickel back. Play a 3-safety base set like they did in 2011 with Rolle, Brown and Phillips. Let Rolle blitz and freeroam a bit and use his athletic ability. Cut Boley and bring in a sure tackling but maybe not so athletic MLB. Move JPP back to his natural side, cut Tuck (or let him take a BIG pay cut-doubt he'll do that tho) and move Kiwi back to DE to play on the other side of JPP. Draft a DE or DT in the first round for D-line depth. That;d be my answer. But what do I know, it's not madden franchise afterall!

i dont think anybody is serious about it but it is fun to talk about. and by the way,,,we LB's that can tackle and cover,,not one or the other.

Drez
01-24-2013, 04:52 PM
sure you can,,both at the tops of there respected positons at the time,,,what oakland got means everything,,,precedent was set for an elite status player. who in there right mind would offer anything more than a third, which is a lot. the jets have 3 problems,,,one.. he is coming off a knee injury, two.. he will just walk at the end of next year if not traded,,,and three,,,why would any team give up much more than NE did for moss when the big mouth jets already let the league know he is available. all of their leverage is gone.... jr calls, says we have a 4th and a 6th,,jets say no,,,then jr counter offers and says ok we will give you a third just so he doesnt walk next year and you get nothing for him. not gonna happen though.
Completely different situations. Completely different players. Completely different positions. There is NO way you can use the Moss deal (5 years ago) as a watermark for a possible deal for Revis. If that were the case, why not use the Jay Cutler deal as your precedent?

Drez
01-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Maybe because the cost of the player would be too much. Sure, the FO would love to have Revis on the team, but not at QB money and not with him having a record of wanting a new contract every 2 years. You guys think Osi was a ***** about his contract, he's got nothing on Revis.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Maybe because the cost of the player would be too much. Sure, the FO would love to have Revis on the team, but not at QB money and not with him having a record of wanting a new contract every 2 years. You guys think Osi was a ***** about his contract, he's got nothing on Revis.

true, but osi has nothing on revis as a player. revis wants north of $60 million in guaranteed money.

BigBlueAllDay
01-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Giants can't assume Revis is still Revis after the torn ACL even though they can't give him the contract that he's looking for anyway.

nhpgiantsfan
01-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Jets would never trade him to us anyway.

Imgrate
01-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Tampa should make a play for him. They have tons of cap.

Redeyejedi
01-25-2013, 06:23 AM
true, but osi has nothing on revis as a player. revis wants north of $60 million in guaranteed money.U THINK TRADING MULTIPLE PICKS AND SPENDING 60 million in Guaranteed money is a wise way to spend resources to build a winning team. Your trading like 4-5 starters for 1 guy. Every time he misses a game 4-5 Starters are missing a game. I dont think any player other than a QB is worth that money. CB can take away 1 player or a zone thats it

Flip Empty
01-25-2013, 06:45 AM

The Giants haven't said anything, this is all just opinion.

nhpgiantsfan
01-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Haven't we recently seen a CB trying to return from an ACL injury. Why in God's name would we trade valuable picks for a guy coming off an ACL. Good luck to the Jets.. He is a selfish player who has already held out twice and probably will again, even after the injury. No thanks.

embeshAtYa
01-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Revis wants Peyton Manning money, Giants got CC Brown money...

LOLOLOLOL Will Demps!

Drez
01-25-2013, 10:26 AM
U THINK TRADING MULTIPLE PICKS AND SPENDING 60 million in Guaranteed money is a wise way to spend resources to build a winning team. Your trading like 4-5 starters for 1 guy. Every time he misses a game 4-5 Starters are missing a game. I dont think any player other than a QB is worth that money. CB can take away 1 player or a zone thats it
People really do have a hard time understanding that concept. If the Jets unload his contract they can pick up another decent corner ($6m/yr) and 2 or 3 decent players to help their offense.

GTGiantsFan
01-25-2013, 11:04 AM
I would love Revis, like people say it's unrealistic due to the cap situation. If we had more cap, I'd take him in a second, he takes away half and Prince would take away half the field. More coverage sacks then we can think of with KP and Rolle and Brown also back there.

I hope the Redskins or Eagles don't take him though.

Drez
01-25-2013, 11:07 AM
I would love Revis, like people say it's unrealistic due to the cap situation. If we had more cap, I'd take him in a second, he takes away half and Prince would take away half the field. More coverage sacks then we can think of with KP and Rolle and Brown also back there.

I hope the Redskins or Eagles don't take him though.
If there were no salary cap and money wasn't an issue, it'd be a no brainer, of course we'd want him. However, it is, and due to that he isn't worth the money he's going to ask for. Hell, that's the whole reason that the Jets are looking to trade him.

The Redskins and Cowboys are still in cap hell due to the penalties they incurred.

Philly may have the money, but I'd imagine they'd be gun shy due to the Nnamdi deal.

GTGiantsFan
01-25-2013, 11:19 AM
If there were no salary cap and money wasn't an issue, it'd be a no brainer, of course we'd want him. However, it is, and due to that he isn't worth the money he's going to ask for. Hell, that's the whole reason that the Jets are looking to trade him.

The Redskins and Cowboys are still in cap hell due to the penalties they incurred.

Philly may have the money, but I'd imagine they'd be gun shy due to the Nnamdi deal.
Cowboys wouldn't take him they have 2 corners.. you never know with Jerry though.
Just saying that seeing him twice a year would be bad.

AntB
01-25-2013, 05:08 PM
I love Tuck and Webster but they might need a change of scenery. Tuck and Webster for Revis.

nhpgiantsfan
01-25-2013, 09:09 PM
I love Tuck and Webster but they might need a change of scenery. Tuck and Webster for Revis.

Is this serious?? Why in the world would the Jets want Webster and Tuck. Why would they give up their best player since Joe namath, for two washed up, overpaid guys on the downside of their careers.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Is this serious?? Why in the world would the Jets want Webster and Tuck. Why would they give up their best player since Joe namath, for two washed up, overpaid guys on the downside of their careers.

why in the world would the jets sign tim tebow? or give sanchez another $8 million gauranteed, then put zero talent around him? or fire one cap only/number crunching GM just to hire another one? why is rex ryan still around? it's the jets,,lol,,,anything is possible.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-26-2013, 12:55 AM
revis at the end of the day probably wont be traded,,they are not getting a 1st or even a 2nd and I am sure they don't want to look even more bumbling then they already do,,saying that they will just let him walk at the end of next year and get nothing,,it's the jets after all.

giantsfan420
01-26-2013, 01:51 AM
i agree with u eli hof...imagine the only team to offer a 1rst round pick was NE bc they pull something off where they end up with 2 first rd picks lol...btw, are u the poster allentown_pa? havent seen him around in a while and notice u share the same location

Marvelousmik
01-26-2013, 06:10 AM
CB can take away 1 player or a zone thats it

I wouldnt go after revis because of his injury. But knowing that you can use only 1 of your players in order to take away a player on the other team is huge. it could then allow you to double another player,bring and extra guy or drop an extra person back in coverage. Its a huge benefit.

Captain Chaos
01-26-2013, 07:28 AM
Anything is doable at the right price, the guy has talent!

TCHOF
01-26-2013, 08:08 AM

Why not Diehl for Revis?

BigBlueAllDay
01-26-2013, 09:56 AM
With the Jet's cap situation, I wouldn't be surprised if they just want to trade Revis for top salary-capped rookie draft picks for this coming draft. I don't think they're planning to trade Revis for players with expensive contracts as well, but they're known to defy logic with circus stupidity.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-26-2013, 05:18 PM
revis is looking for $100 million dollars.

ShakeandBake
01-26-2013, 05:22 PM

link?

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-26-2013, 05:23 PM
link?

back page of new york post

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/revis_wants_to_run_dash_N7JtAAmUowI7BwNng58MAP

ShakeandBake
01-26-2013, 05:24 PM
back page of new york post

Ehhh I don't trust the post, they are like the national enquirer

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Ehhh I don't trust the post, they are like the national enquirer

lol..well it's being reported in multiple places,,it is what it is.

Drez
01-26-2013, 05:34 PM
lol..well it's being reported in multiple places,,it is what it is.It's been well established that he wants a contract in the ball park of Mario Williams... Most importantly is that he wants $60m guaranteed.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-26-2013, 05:35 PM
It's been well established that he wants a contract in the ball park of Mario Williams... Most importantly is that he wants $60m guaranteed.

he wants north of mario williams money

nhpgiantsfan
01-26-2013, 06:28 PM

Any team that gives him 100 million after an ACL without proving himself for a season first, is just crazy.

Cloud57
01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Why not Diehl for Revis?Tuck, Diehl, Webster, Austin, and Beckum for Revis.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Any team that gives him 100 million after an ACL without proving himself for a season first, is just crazy.

oh I agree,,,he will stick it out with the jets this year and cash in next year if he bounces back.

JJC7301
01-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Revis is the best CB of his era, and could be the best of all time by the end of his career. However, I would have no desire to pay for the amount of money that he is allegedly looking for -- that's franchise QB money.

BROADWAYSTORM
01-27-2013, 12:12 PM
I would pay the ransom if he didn't have the tear. Once a cb gets a tear they are pretty much on the downhill. Its unfortunate but true. You don't want to pay a fortune and then see the player blow it out again or have a huge decrease in effectiveness on the field. It's stupid. Revis is better off staying with the Jets.

VBGiantsFan
01-27-2013, 12:19 PM
I would pay the ransom if he didn't have the tear. Once a cb gets a tear they are pretty much on the downhill. Its unfortunate but true. You don't want to pay a fortune and then see the player blow it out again or have a huge decrease in effectiveness on the field. It's stupid. Revis is better off staying with the Jets.

That used to be the case, but in the era of new training techniques and PEDS guys are coming back good as new. Look at Adrian Peterson this year. Look at how early Suggs came back. Hell, even Ray Lewis came back extremely early from a torn bicept and pectoral muscle. These guys no longer lose their careers to injury and can take their magic pills to come back stronger. Id pay a first rounder for Revis in a heartbeat, but only if we signed him long term, the real issue against him.

BROADWAYSTORM
01-27-2013, 12:36 PM
When you are a cb who relies so much on athletic ability and cutting and turning with sudden movements I doubt you don't blow it again. Look at T2. Or Kenny Phillips. Or Jason Sehorn. You are just never the same. I could argue Ray Lewis looks like **** right now. And Adrian Peterson is a freak but I doubt he lasts another 2 years in the NFL. Don't know what Suggs injury was, a partial Achilles?

RoanokeFan
01-27-2013, 12:42 PM

How much dead money does releasing them create under the CAP??

bigblue58
01-27-2013, 01:37 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/24/jets-to-explore-trade-options-for-darrelle-revis-new-york-giants-not-likely-to-be-interested/

Excerpt: "The New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Jets have a dilemma on their hands. The team and organization are expected to clean house and start a rebuilding mode, making trading Darrelle Revis a strong option.

Revis is widely considered one of the best defensive players in the league regardless of position, but he is entering the final year of his contract in which he is due $6 million, after missing all of last season with a torn ACL. Revis' current contract also precludes him from having the franchise tag placed on him.They can either keep Revis through the season, and shell out the coin to resign him, or they can entertain trade offers for the All-Pro. Jets owner Woody Johnson has made it clear that he would like to salvage what they can via a trade. This presents the Jets, who just recently hired new general manager John Idzik, with a predicament.

Revis has always said he wants to retire a Jet, but it is unclear if he will want to stick around during a rebuilding process. A player of his caliber would be best utilized by a team built to win now. However, Revis, who will be 28 next season, will likely demand a huge contract despite coming off a major injury, making him a risk for teams to pursue.

For New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants fans curious to know if the Big Blue will be interested in bringing in Revis Island, Inside Football (http://www.giants101.com/tag/football/)'s Pat Traina has an answer.

"If Revis, coming off a serious knee injury, wants to be the highest paid, it ain't gonna happen with the Giants," she tweeted (http://twitter.com/Patricia_Traina). "Please tweeps, I beg of you… don't start drooling over every possible trade rumor, free agent, etc. that comes up. …" Read more...

Revis wants a 100 mil contract.....the Giants couldn't sign him even if they were interested!

Imgrate
01-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Giants not likely interested= 7 page thread

ELI_Iz_God
01-27-2013, 10:29 PM
“I heard we offered them Corey Webster and our #1. When the Jets countered with ‘just the #1? negotiations broke down.”

LOL

I don't care what the talent level of the player in question..when he's coming off a season ending ACL injury..in this case a straight up #1 pick and nothing more is a blessing...the Jets don't have a leg to stand on demanding anything more

AGiantDynasty
01-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Here we go again.
Sitting on our hands as we watch one of our competitors grab him.
No aggression from this team...ever

The hell is wrong with some of you? You do realize we have our backs against the wall financially right? You do realize that we also have players like Cruz that need brand new contracts right? Where do you plan to get 15+ million to afford him?

This isnt Madden. You cant go sign any and everyone out there. You were the same people *****ing 2 seasons ago after we watched the Eagles spend a ridiculous amount of money in FA's just to have 2 straight pathetic seasons. Football is NOT about free agents. You win championships through the Draft, not in signing ACL injured CB's that want far more then they are currently worth.

This board has turned into **** since we started winning superbowls. Go be Dallas or Jets fan because its obvious you dont understand Giants football philosophy.

RagTime Blue
01-28-2013, 11:39 AM
The hell is wrong with some of you? You do realize we have our backs against the wall financially right? You do realize that we also have players like Cruz that need brand new contracts right? Where do you plan to get 15+ million to afford him?

This isnt Madden. You cant go sign any and everyone out there. You were the same people *****ing 2 seasons ago after we watched the Eagles spend a ridiculous amount of money in FA's just to have 2 straight pathetic seasons. Football is NOT about free agents. You win championships through the Draft, not in signing ACL injured CB's that want far more then they are currently worth.

This board has turned into **** since we started winning superbowls. Go be Dallas or Jets fan because its obvious you dont understand Giants football philosophy.

Exactly. People who clamour over high-profile FA's don't really know what they're talking about.

And for all the acclaim we give Reese for what he does in the draft, I think he's only slightly above average, and can certainly do better. It seems like he's finally started hitting in the first two rounds, and now we get 5 bums in the next 5 rounds.

I'm not saying JR isn't good, but if you don't see room for improvement, you're not looking very closely at all.