PDA

View Full Version : GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Pages : [1] 2

I Bleed Blue 56
12-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Would we trade up for him if hes not a top ten pick? We clearly need to upgrade our linebackers in the offseason and this guy would be a perfect leader for us in the middle. He might not have all the physical aspects you look for in the nfl hit he has Ray Lewis heart and can only get better. Your thoughts?

Cloud57
12-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Would love to get him, unfortunately not gonna happen. we rarely trade up

Buddy333
12-07-2012, 08:29 PM
No.

Eliscruzzz
12-07-2012, 08:32 PM
He's really not all that great...I'd rather have Jarvis Jones.

Cloud57
12-07-2012, 08:39 PM
We need a top OLB next year, since we can't stop any RB in our division

G-Men Surg.
12-07-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm with you on this on but don't get your hopes high wishing the Giants drafting a LB with a high pick . Funny tht the last one was Clint and we all know how that end up. That been said I know we have a full stable of DE but I love everything about Jadeveon Clowney. That kid is a beast and will continue to grow. But like Accorsi used to say you can't have enough pass-rushers .

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-07-2012, 08:45 PM

not all that great? based on what? his total domination this year?

Eliscruzzz
12-07-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm with you on this on but don't get your hopes high wishing the Giants drafting a LB with a high pick . Funny tht the last one was Clint and we all know how that end up. That been said I know we have a full stable of DE but I love everything about Jadeveon Clowney. That kid is a beast and will continue to grow. But like Accorsi used to say you can't have enough pass-rushers .If we don't draft linebacker this year, then RG3 will just have his way with this defense again. I like to think Reese is a smarter man then that. Drafting DE isn't going to do it. We need a stud linebacker or a stud safety.

Eliscruzzz
12-07-2012, 08:51 PM
not all that great? based on what? his total domination this year?My opinion.... Dude has 1 SACK. I know he's a linebacker but all you could muster up is one sack?? His tackles are not all that great either. Last but not least that whole front7 is good at ND. I wonder if he is just that good cause of the others. When he went against elite talent he struggled in the run game. He's great in pass defense but that is not what WE need when RG3 is in our division. We need a sound tackler and a linebacker that is good at getting pressure on the qb, which he is not. ....

Buddy333
12-07-2012, 09:06 PM
I think he will be a good player but what it would cost them way to much to get him. Unless they though he was the next LT or something he is not worth it.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
My opinion.... Dude has 1 SACK. I know he's a linebacker but all you could muster up is one sack?? His tackles are not all that great either. Last but not least that whole front7 is good at ND. I wonder if he is just that good cause of the others. When he went against elite talent he struggled in the run game. He's great in pass defense but that is not what WE need when RG3 is in our division. We need a sound tackler and a linebacker that is good at getting pressure on the qb, which he is not. ....

not sure which games your watching, but Te’o is the complete package at inside linebacker,,he's not asked to pressure the Qb in notre dames defense,,he is an all around backer..a side line to side line backer who can tackle and cover,,this guy might be only the second defensive player to ever win the Heisman,,there are only 2 players on the nation's top 5 defenses that made the top 100 in tackles this season,,and teo is one of them,,,the guys with lots of tackles per game predominately played on terrible defenses,,,,I would gladly take him with open arms.

as per draftreport http://draftreport.wordpress.com/

As a run stopper, Te’o has excellent instincts, shows great burst in getting to the ball carrier, and delivers a punishing blow when he makes contact. His athleticism is evident against the cut block, where he shows a consistent ability to extend his arms and push his lower body out and away from the block, leaving him free to pursue. He sheds blocks consistently and fills the gap quickly, rarely getting run over by a runner at the point of attack.
In pass coverage, he shows the hip fluidity you want to see in a potential top-10 pick, and he seems just as comfortable lined up against a back or TE as he is in zone coverage. The same burst and instincts that make him such an effective run-stopper are also present in coverage, allowing him to break on the ball and make big plays in pass defense.
As a pass rusher, Te’o doesn’t possess the quiver of moves that you would see out of a pure sack-master, but especially for an inside backer, he’s got a more-than-adequate skill set when it comes to getting after the passer. Inside backers are often brought in on delayed blitzes, and Te’o shines in this scenario. His explosiveness makes him a tough task for any offensive lineman trying to adjust to pick him up on the blitz.

Eliscruzzz
12-07-2012, 09:15 PM
not sure which games your watching, but Teo is the complete package at inside linebacker,,he's not asked to pressure the Qb in notre dames defense,,he is an all around backer..a side line to side line backer who can tackle and cover,,this guy might be only the second defensive player to ever win the Heisman,,there are only 2 players on the nation's top 5 defenses that made the top 100 in tackles this season,,and teo is one of them,,,the guys with lots of tackles per game predominately played on terrible defenses,,,,I would gladly take him with open arms.

as per draftreport http://draftreport.wordpress.com/

As a run stopper, Teo has excellent instincts, shows great burst in getting to the ball carrier, and delivers a punishing blow when he makes contact. His athleticism is evident against the cut block, where he shows a consistent ability to extend his arms and push his lower body out and away from the block, leaving him free to pursue. He sheds blocks consistently and fills the gap quickly, rarely getting run over by a runner at the point of attack.
In pass coverage, he shows the hip fluidity you want to see in a potential top-10 pick, and he seems just as comfortable lined up against a back or TE as he is in zone coverage. The same burst and instincts that make him such an effective run-stopper are also present in coverage, allowing him to break on the ball and make big plays in pass defense.
As a pass rusher, Teo doesnt possess the quiver of moves that you would see out of a pure sack-master, but especially for an inside backer, hes got a more-than-adequate skill set when it comes to getting after the passer. Inside backers are often brought in on delayed blitzes, and Teo shines in this scenario. His explosiveness makes him a tough task for any offensive lineman trying to adjust to pick him up on the blitz.That is your opinion to ME if we are going to move up and draft a linebacker give me Jarvis Jones. Please stop trying to make it sound as if I don't watch games that crap is getting old.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Is Jarvis Jones and ILB?

Eliscruzzz
12-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Is Jarvis Jones and ILB?OLB ILB...I don't care I would just rather have him dude is a beast and has the speed to keep up with RG3.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-07-2012, 10:10 PM
We need an ILB and not worry about a QB we face 2 times a year.

Redeyejedi
12-07-2012, 11:39 PM
He's really not all that great...I'd rather have Jarvis Jones.Good chance Jarvis Jones wont get cleared by Giants doctors.He has Spinal Stenosis,USC doctors wouldnt clear him thats how he ended up at Georgia. Plus im Confused ,u say u dont want a DE but U say u want a LB that would primarily play DE if he was on the Giants.

Broadway Blue
12-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Would not mind at all since this guy can really help out the Giants defence

Eliscruzzz
12-08-2012, 12:13 AM
We need an ILB and not worry about a QB we face 2 times a year.Yeah cause that worked out well for us this year??

Eliscruzzz
12-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Good chance Jarvis Jones wont get cleared by Giants doctors.He has Spinal Stenosis,USC doctors wouldnt clear him thats how he ended up at Georgia. Plus im Confused ,u say u dont want a DE but U say u want a LB that would primarily play DE if he was on the Giants.Yeah cause to me Linebackers are better instincts at stopping the run. DE usually are just looking for sacks not saying but most are. So yeah I would want a stud linebacker. Also why not look at Demarcus Ware he is a beast. Who's to say if we draft a linebacker that they wouldn't be either??

I Bleed Blue 56
12-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Yeah cause that worked out well for us this year??
What game did you watch RG3 didnt beat us there running back did. Most of there runs were up the middle. We cant stop the run at all with this linebacker group. Chase is serviceable but slow to the edge Kiwi is a DE. Boley is just horrible this year hes regressing in the worst way.

Eliscruzzz
12-08-2012, 02:37 AM
What game did you watch RG3 didnt beat us there running back did. Most of there runs were up the middle. We cant stop the run at all with this linebacker group. Chase is serviceable but slow to the edge Kiwi is a DE. Boley is just horrible this year hes regressing in the worst way.Yeah complete denial RG3 did NOTHING....I hate him as much as the next but he and Morris moved the ball at will on our defense.No crap our linebackers suck which is why I said if we were to move up screw Te'O give me Jarvis Jones.

rainierjef
12-08-2012, 03:23 AM

You cannot be serious!
If i were to grade Te'o to a player in the NFL right now he would be similar in prospect to brian cushing. The kid is as instinctual as they get, does he disappear sometimes yes, but he is a play maker when it counts. Stout run defender / solid not great but better than most pass coverage. and Jarvis Jones would be the next Adrian Tracy of the giants meaning ( Linebacker converted to DE)

edit: Brian Cushing pre roid exposure! sigh*

slipknottin
12-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Yeah cause to me Linebackers are better instincts at stopping the run. DE usually are just looking for sacks not saying but most are. So yeah I would want a stud linebacker. Also why not look at Demarcus Ware he is a beast. Who's to say if we draft a linebacker that they wouldn't be either??

Ware is essentially a DE. He just rushes with his hand up.
Jarvis Jones would not be a linebacker for the giants, he would be a DE

Broadway Blue
12-08-2012, 01:47 PM
I think Te'o is the type of player that can revolutionize a defence but the chances of Giants drafting him are very slim

Redeyejedi
12-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I think Te'o is the type of player that can revolutionize a defence but the chances of Giants drafting him are very slim revolutionize is very strong praise. I dont think he is quite that good. Urlacher , Patrick Willis those are that type. Te'o is a plug and play MLB probably Pro Bowl good but dont think he is franchise changing like those guys

Redeyejedi
12-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Ware is essentially a DE. He just rushes with his hand up.
Jarvis Jones would not be a linebacker for the giants, he would be a DE Jones drops 5 yards from the line once or twice a game. I rarely ever see him not on the line when the ball is snapped. His medical will scare the Giants away

Eliscruzzz
12-08-2012, 02:53 PM
You cannot be serious!
If i were to grade Te'o to a player in the NFL right now he would be similar in prospect to brian cushing. The kid is as instinctual as they get, does he disappear sometimes yes, but he is a play maker when it counts. Stout run defender / solid not great but better than most pass coverage. and Jarvis Jones would be the next Adrian Tracy of the giants meaning ( Linebacker converted to DE)

edit: Brian Cushing pre roid exposure! sigh*Ok bad choice of words...the kid is very good not taking anything away from him. To me I'd take Jones. I don't get this thing where if we were to draft him that he would play on the d-line only. His natural position is linebacker.

rainierjef
12-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Ok bad choice of words...the kid is very good not taking anything away from. To me I'd take Jones. I don't get this thing where if we were to draft him that he would play on the d-line only. His natural position is linebacker.

Natural position in college yes, but his mesurables/ ability limits him to one of two things a rushing OLB in a 3-4 scheme or DE in a 4-3 scheme. he cannot play W/M/S in a traditional 4-3; cannot is a strong word, lets just say he would be out of his league transitioning from college level to pro level at that position.

Eliscruzzz
12-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Natural position in college yes, but his mesurables/ ability limits him to one of two things a rushing OLB in a 3-4 scheme or DE in a 4-3 scheme. he cannot play W/M/S in a traditional 4-3; cannot is a strong word, lets just say he would be out of his league transitioning from college level to pro level at that position.Well none of these thing are going to happen cause the Giants never trade up....lol. I just hope that we can get a decent linebacker cause the ones we have now have been playing awful against the run all year,

slipknottin
12-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Ok bad choice of words...the kid is very good not taking anything away from him. To me I'd take Jones. I don't get this thing where if we were to draft him that he would play on the d-line only. His natural position is linebacker.

No. His natural position is pass rusher. He rushes almost every snap.

He's not a linebacker

Cloud57
12-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Jones drops 5 yards from the line once or twice a game. I rarely ever see him not on the line when the ball is snapped. His medical will scare the Giants awayyeah no more players with medical issues, not worth it.

Eliscruzzz
12-08-2012, 05:47 PM
No. His natural position is pass rusher. He rushes almost every snap.

He's not a linebackerSo what.....I still would take him over Te'O. It's not like he can't learn how to play linebacker. Sorry I don't know as much as you about the college game. I see a great player that can be a hybrid player...better??? In the SEC championship game I didn't see him rushing the passer every snap...

slipknottin
12-08-2012, 05:52 PM
So what.....I still would take him over Te'O. It's not like he can't learn how to play linebacker. Sorry I don't know as much as you about the college game. I see a great player that can be a hybrid player...better??? In the SEC championship game I didn't see him with his hand in the dirt every snap...

Right. You see a guy lined up on the line rushing the QB every play. Wether he has his hand off the ground or not is meaningless.

And if you have a guy who is a great pass rusher generally you don't move him to a position where he doesn't rush the passer much.

For instance. Denver which runs a 4-3 drafted Von Miller. Who played a similar position to Jones, but did drop into coverage more often. Denver essentially just plays Miller at DE now. Hand up or hand down. He rushes the passer on every pass play except for the occasional zone drop (not any different than Osi or JPp dropping into coverage).

I don't dislike Jones at all. But saying he's a linebacker is simply untrue. He would have to show the ability to play there. Which he has not done in college. He is a pass rusher. That's where he plays, that's where he excels.

rainierjef
12-08-2012, 05:59 PM
So what.....I still would take him over Te'O. It's not like he can't learn how to play linebacker. Sorry I don't know as much as you about the college game. I see a great player that can be a hybrid player...better??? In the SEC championship game I didn't see him rushing the passer every snap...

You would take jones over Te'o? how much college ball do you watch and what special insight do you have to say this? absolutely absurd and If this were to be the case Te'o would have to be suffering from an injury that would keep him off the field for a significant amount of time, talent wise just craziness.

slipknottin
12-08-2012, 06:09 PM
You would take jones over Te'o? how much college ball do you watch and what special insight do you have to say this? absolutely absurd and If this were to be the case Te'o would have to be suffering from an injury that would keep him off the field for a significant amount of time, talent wise just craziness.

Different types of players. Assuming the medical on Jones clears (which I doubt) I think Jones is a more valuable player than Teo. Pass rusher > non pass rusher.

And that's coming from a ND fan who loves Teo

GMENAGAIN
12-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Right. You see a guy lined up on the line rushing the QB every play. Wether he has his hand off the ground or not is meaningless.

And if you have a guy who is a great pass rusher generally you don't move him to a position where he doesn't rush the passer much.

For instance. Denver which runs a 4-3 drafted Von Miller. Who played a similar position to Jones, but did drop into coverage more often. Denver essentially just plays Miller at DE now. Hand up or hand down. He rushes the passer on every pass play except for the occasional zone drop (not any different than Osi or JPp dropping into coverage).

I don't dislike Jones at all. But saying he's a linebacker is simply untrue. He would have to show the ability to play there. Which he has not done in college. He is a pass rusher. That's where he plays, that's where he excels.

We could use a pass rusher with Tuck on the decline and Osi playing his last games for us . . . . .

slipknottin
12-08-2012, 07:47 PM
We could use a pass rusher with Tuck on the decline and Osi playing his last games for us . . . . .

I agree with that. There are quite a few good pass rushers in this draft.

Cloud57
12-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I agree with that. There are quite a few good pass rushers in this draft.A pass rusher who can also stop the run

slipknottin
12-08-2012, 09:46 PM
A pass rusher who can also stop the run

Generally, anyone who is talented enough to be a great pass rusher has the skill set to stop the run, its just a matter of technique and being willing.

And of course size is always important. Generally a guy who is under 260 pounds is not going to be great against the run from the DE spot.

Redeyejedi
12-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Generally, anyone who is talented enough to be a great pass rusher has the skill set to stop the run, its just a matter of technique and being willing.

And of course size is always important. Generally a guy who is under 260 pounds is not going to be great against the run from the DE spot. The Giants need to draft lineman on both sides of the ball. Improve the lines everything else will fall into place. I could even see a DT since Marvin Austin is a bust

rainierjef
12-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Different types of players. Assuming the medical on Jones clears (which I doubt) I think Jones is a more valuable player than Teo. Pass rusher > non pass rusher.

And that's coming from a ND fan who loves Teo

But would you draft Jones to convert him to a DE, barring his injury history. Take into effect the rotation we play at DE and who we already have waiting in the wing, plus how long it would take for him to get it right and put it altogether vs. Te'o who would start immediately in our defense and possibly signifigantly up grade the position?

*How did you feel last night, watching Manziel (don't know if i spelled that right) win the Heisman over Te'o? I am stationed in Hawaii and i was at this mai-tai bar with a bunch of locals and we were all pissed off at, a lot of cursing, some racial remarks, extra drinks were order some people even left lol. These Samoans are all about any player that's a native.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 10:16 PM
But would you draft Jones to convert him to a DE, barring his injury history. Take into effect the rotation we play at DE and who we already have waiting in the wing, plus how long it would take for him to get it right and put it altogether vs. Te'o who would start immediately in our defense and possibly signifigantly up grade the position?

Well its certainly more of a projection with Jones than it would be with Teo. But I think you could make the argument for it.

As for the Heisman, I knew they were going to give it to Manzel, so I didnt pay attention to it. They really should just make it an offensive award. Why they invite defensive players who never have a chance I have no clue.

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Jones and Te'O will both be gone in the draft, fact.

Redeyejedi
12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Jones and Te'O will both be gone in the draft, fact.Depends on Jones medical. He may be pulled off teams boards

slipknottin
12-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Depends on Jones medical. He may be pulled off teams boards

Yep, and I really dont think Teo is going to go as high as people think. Hes not a Willis type talent, not even a Kuechly type talent. I think somewhere 15-20 he gets drafted.

I could see Teo go to the Steelers for instance. To pair with Timmons, or the Colts to be the leader as they install that new defense.

Redeyejedi
12-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Yep, and I really dont think Teo is going to go as high as people think. Hes not a Willis type talent, not even a Kuechly type talent. I think somewhere 15-20 he gets drafted.

I could see Teo go to the Steelers for instance. To pair with Timmons, or the Colts to be the leader as they install that new defense. Different kind of player then Kuechly. Te'o is probably better off playing in a 3-4 defense bigger more physical . Kuechly is better off chasing. I dont think this draft has many elite players so it may come down more to need

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Speaking of Te'o I think it would be cool to have a samoan player on our team, it seems like every other team has one lol. he could be like a Troy Polamalu

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Now ND isn't playing good D as a whole but I've been specifically watching Te'o and so far he's been caught on every fake and hasn't gotten off a block yet. not looking good in the early going but the game is young.

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Looks like **** on a stick

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Ya, so does Tuitt and Bennett Jackson and Kapron Lewis Moore as well.. Only ones who've done anything is Motta and Nix...

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 10:37 PM
ND can't tackle anyone this game.

Redeyejedi
01-07-2013, 10:37 PM
This is embarrassing Motta has missed a bunch of tackles but at least he is competing . ND's LB's are getting destroyed

TheEnigma
01-07-2013, 10:39 PM
I still don't think this game will hurt Te'o's stock. Some team is going to fall in love with his story/leadership.

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
I still don't think this game will hurt Te'o's stock. Some team is going to fall in love with his story/leadership.As we've all seen with Herzlich, that only goes so far.

Redeyejedi
01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
I still don't think this game will hurt Te'o's stock. Some team is going to fall in love with his story/leadership.U should see Twitter he is being torn to shreds

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 10:51 PM
U should see Twitter he is being torn to shreds He just missed another tackle behind the line where he had em wrapped up! This ones gonna sting his prospect status for sure!

Redeyejedi
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
ND all year was a solid tackling team. Tonight they are diving and lunging

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
U should see Twitter he is being torn to shredsCan you provide a link redeye? thnks in advance.

blu_buddha
01-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Teo is too small for the NFL. He can't get off blocks ...wen he does gets out juked or overpowered. No instincts on the pass and can't cover any ground in space.

TheEnigma
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
I know this sounds wrong but if I'm Ogletree, I'm ecstatic at how Te'o is doing. I think he has a serious chance to be the #1 ILB now.

Redeyejedi
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Can you provide a link redeye? thnks in advance. Not familiar with how twitter works. U search his name and all you will see is negative tweets.

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Not familiar with how twitter works. U search his name and all you will see is negative tweets.Oh I thought it was a specific page. ok.

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 10:59 PM
ND has shamed themselves with this performance.. They basically were the final chance we had to make us believe whoever played bama at the end of the season would actually have a chance unless they were in SEC..

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Teo is too small for the NFL. He can't get off blocks ...wen he does gets out juked or overpowered. No instincts on the pass and can't cover any ground in space. Hes having a awful game, but hes still a heck of a player.. I mean, this might get him to drop in our range, to be honest.. And what do u mean, hes 2 small? Hes likt 6ft 2in 255lbs or something!!!lol

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 11:05 PM
I think all of the 3 DL have played pretty well. Nix especially is dominant.

Teo has missed some tackles but really the DBs have been just awful.

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Hes having a awful game, but hes still a heck of a player.. I mean, this might get him to drop in our range, to be honest.. And what do u mean, hes 2 small? Hes likt 6ft 2in 255lbs or something!!!lol

He lost 20 pounds this season to be better in space. Bet he wishes he had that weight back now

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 11:11 PM
a lot of "Kiko Alonso>>>Manti Te'o" on twitter now lol

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 11:19 PM
a lot of "Kiko Alonso>>>Manti Te'o" on twitter now lol Ruthless!!!lol I tell ya what, he drops to 19th, i hope we snatch em up! Hes played terribly, but one cannot forget seasons of greatness over one game, no matter how bad, and one that is only halfway over mind u...lol

TheEnigma
01-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Well, at least ND is helping Milliner's stock out lol

GoDeep80
01-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Well, at least ND is helping Milliner's stock out lolYou ain't lying. Milliner needs to thank Golston and Kelly after this game for not reading the scouting report.

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Have they even ran at Tuitt? Nix is having a heck of a game. Too bad for him he has no help

Carter.525
01-08-2013, 12:05 AM
I'll gladly take Te'o in Big Blue..

GoDeep80
01-08-2013, 12:10 AM
I'll gladly take Te'o in Big Blue..That's why I'm quietly hoping he misses more tackles.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-08-2013, 01:00 AM
ND all year was a solid tackling team. Tonight they are diving and lunging

they were not prepared for alabama's speed,,plain and simple

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Have they even ran at Tuitt? Nix is having a heck of a game. Too bad for him he has no help

the kid is beast,,would look good in Giants blue.

slipknottin
01-08-2013, 01:12 AM
they were not prepared for alabama's speed,,plain and simple

Yea. Particularly in the secondary. Those guys couldn't contain an edge make a tackle or cover all game. Though ND is also starting a true freshman at CB. The front 7,especially the ILBs did not play well but the safeties have to limit some of those gains to like 5 yards instead of allowing 15.

BlueSanta
01-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Well, lets face it a lot of people fell in love with his "story" and ND players always get more hype than they prolly should. He is a good football player, but it is as I said all along the hype level is too high. This kid isnt a top 10 pick as many said. I never thought so anyways.

nycsportzfan
01-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Well, lets face it a lot of people fell in love with his "story" and ND players always get more hype than they prolly should. He is a good football player, but it is as I said all along the hype level is too high. This kid isnt a top 10 pick as many said. I never thought so anyways. i don't know.. He was a highly recruited kid who has the numbers to back up his draft stock and lead a team to the national champ game that hasen't been there since 1988.. Sure, he wasen't great in the champ game, but hes done wonderful things against the run and pass in south bend.. I hope this game drops him to pick 19, but i'm sure it won't...

PBTimmons
01-08-2013, 12:37 PM
i don't know.. He was a highly recruited kid who has the numbers to back up his draft stock and lead a team to the national champ game that hasen't been there since 1988.. Sure, he wasen't great in the champ game, but hes done wonderful things against the run and pass in south bend.. I hope this game drops him to pick 19, but i'm sure it won't...

Very true but what will certainly drop him to 19 is the 4.7-4.9 forty I believe he will run. I have a really hard time seeing Te'o going top 15. Kuechly did last year but he had a stellar combine.

TCHOF
01-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Not sure that the Giants would even take Teo if he was available at 19.

slipknottin
01-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Very true but what will certainly drop him to 19 is the 4.7-4.9 forty I believe he will run. I have a really hard time seeing Te'o going top 15. Kuechly did last year but he had a stellar combine.

Kuechly on film was a much better player. Teo has significant flaws in his game.

BlueSanta
01-08-2013, 01:05 PM
i don't know.. He was a highly recruited kid who has the numbers to back up his draft stock and lead a team to the national champ game that hasen't been there since 1988.. Sure, he wasen't great in the champ game, but hes done wonderful things against the run and pass in south bend.. I hope this game drops him to pick 19, but i'm sure it won't...

I am not bashing the kid. I think he is a very good talent and a very good person. But, his hype level was absurd.

Do you realize he is the most decorated defensive football player in college football history right? He had a very good year, but 2nd in the Heisman? Keep mind Suh came in 4th and Suh was the most dominant defensive college player in the last decade...easily. Again, no hate for the player, but the hype was reaching dangerous levels. He isnt a top 10 talent in my book. I am not sure he is a top 20 talent.

Lastly, I would argue that Teo's game last night hurt his stock as a 43 mlb. It was the 1st time all season where his defensive line didnt completely dominate the opponent and allow him to roam freely making tackles and INTs. I still think his highest value come to a 3-4 team.

slipknottin
01-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Linebackers in a 3-4 are less protected than linebackers In a 4-3.

People forget the reason he was second for the Heisman was because how poor the choices were. Manziel basically won by default.

And Heisman doesn't mean a player will be good at the next level. Just that they were good that year. Which he was. All season apart from the national champ game.

But I agree his hype was nonsense. Espn kept saying he would go first overall to the chiefs. There's just no way.

BlueSanta
01-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Linebackers in a 3-4 are less protected than linebackers In a 4-3.

Which is why I think he has more value to a 3-4 team.

PBTimmons
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Kuechly on film was a much better player. Teo has significant flaws in his game.

I couldn't argue against Kuechly being a better player than Te'o but let's not overreact to one game. Te'o has played 4 seasons and produced at a high level since day one. That is why he is so highly regarded, but nobody would call him a flawless player.

It's evident now how overrated ND's defense and team was this year. But also keep in mind that Saban and everyone at Alabama knew who the MVP of Notre Dame is: Te'o. Take him out and you dismantle their defense; that's what they did.

slipknottin
01-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Lets also not forget that Kuechly was far more productive in college. And Teo was not the best player on that defense. Nix and Tuitt are.

PBTimmons
01-08-2013, 01:31 PM
To add to my point, Kuechly never played the biggest game in NCAA football. He also never played Alabama. So there's that.

TCHOF
01-08-2013, 01:38 PM
I couldn't argue against Kuechly being a better player than Te'o but let's not overreact to one game. Te'o has played 4 seasons and produced at a high level since day one. That is why he is so highly regarded, but nobody would call him a flawless player.

It's evident now how overrated ND's defense and team was this year. But also keep in mind that Saban and everyone at Alabama knew who the MVP of Notre Dame is: Te'o. Take him out and you dismantle their defense; that's what they did.

He missed a ton of tackles. Not sure how that was the result of Saban "taking him out"

BlueSanta
01-08-2013, 01:56 PM
He missed a ton of tackles. Not sure how that was the result of Saban "taking him out"

Furthermore it isnt "taking a guy out" to assign a blocker to him.

most offenses ND faced this year were overwhelmed by the Dline of ND and they consumed all the blocks allowing Te'o to run freely around. What happened to Te'o last night is exactly what will happen in the NFL. PLayers will block him. That isnt "taking him out"

PBTimmons
01-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Furthermore it isnt "taking a guy out" to assign a blocker to him.

most offenses ND faced this year were overwhelmed by the Dline of ND and they consumed all the blocks allowing Te'o to run freely around. What happened to Te'o last night is exactly what will happen in the NFL. PLayers will block him. That isnt "taking him out"

I'll forfeit the missed tackles argument. He did, and so did the rest of the ND defense not wearing 17.

BlueSanta: If you're saying Alabama's offensive strategy didn't place a priority on Te'o, you are utterly mistaken. I'll admit speculation, but I will not be so naive to think otherwise.

Kruunch
01-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I still don't think this game will hurt Te'o's stock. Some team is going to fall in love with his story/leadership.

That game crushed Te'o's stock.

BlueSanta
01-08-2013, 02:56 PM
I'll forfeit the missed tackles argument. He did, and so did the rest of the ND defense not wearing 17.

BlueSanta: If you're saying Alabama's offensive strategy didn't place a priority on Te'o, you are utterly mistaken. I'll admit speculation, but I will not be so naive to think otherwise.

I am saying that. Bama did the same thing they do in every game. They put a helmet on guys who can make the tackle, including Te'o. The difference was that NDs dline, which up until this game, was so good at keeping those blockers off Te'o failed to do so. Te'o had to, for the 1st time all season, deal with blockers on a regular basis. Bama did not gameplan for Te'o they gameplanned to block like they always do.

I did not see anyone else being left unblocked in favor of blocking Te'o. I did snot see a bunch of Te'o Double teams. What I saw was guys getting to te'o to block him, and thta was something ND was entirely unused to seeing since they arent used to having their Dline dominated.

PBTimmons
01-08-2013, 03:13 PM
I am saying that. Bama did the same thing they do in every game. They put a helmet on guys who can make the tackle, especially Te'o.

fixed that for ya.

I did snot see a bunch of Te'o Double teams. What I saw was guys getting to te'o to block him, and thta was something ND was entirely unused to seeing since they arent used to having their Dline dominated.

Agreed.

TCHOF
01-08-2013, 03:26 PM

I agree.

My prediction is that he will be there at 19 and we will pass.

TheEnigma
01-08-2013, 06:11 PM

You underestimate the stupidity of some teams. I just have the gut feeling one of the bottom dwellers already has their heart set for this kid to "clean" their franchise with good character.

Kruunch
01-08-2013, 06:18 PM
You underestimate the stupidity of some teams. I just have the gut feeling one of the bottom dwellers already has their heart set for this kid to "clean" their franchise with good character.

Only if he has an amazing Combine in combination with a good showing in the Shrine Game / Senior Bowl.

Those three things (Bowl game, Combine and Senior / Shrine) are the draft setters.

That and I don't think most teams in today's NFL would take a chance on a LBer in the first unless they look like a lock.

That and Al Davis died.

TheEnigma
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Only if he has an amazing Combine in combination with a good showing in the Shrine Game / Senior Bowl.

Those three things (Bowl game, Combine and Senior / Shrine) are the draft setters.

That and I don't think most teams in today's NFL would take a chance on a LBer in the first unless they look like a lock.

That and Al Davis died.

I don't know man...not every team values the combine as much as some of us do. You don't think it's possible at all for some team in the top 10 or even 15 to make a reach on a player? Te'o is the PERFECT candidate for a reach selection.

Rudyy
01-09-2013, 10:08 AM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/1/9/3854516/nfl-draft-2013-mock-projections-steelers Says his stock might have plummeted to the 17 spot and might take another blow depending on the senior bowl and combine. If he were to reach 19, would you personally take the risk?

TCHOF
01-09-2013, 10:25 AM
I might, but I don't think that Reese would take him there. Just my opinion.

Rudyy
01-09-2013, 10:39 AM
I might, but I don't think that Reese would take him there. Just my opinion.I dont either, it is interesting though.

TheAnalyst
01-09-2013, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't. Alabama is basically an low end NFL caliber offense. And did you see how they abused him?

Give me Ogletree

BlueSanta
01-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Nothing against Te'o but I think there are more positions of impact that we need to address 1st, particularly DE or CB.

There is no doubt our LB core underperformed this year and we need to swap out some parts. But, you could put Butkis, Lewis, or any MLB in our lineup and we wont be able to stop the pass if we cant generate more of a passrush or cover a guy for 3 seconds.

Carter.525
01-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Yes.. I take Te'o at #19, would solve our MLB issues

TheAnalyst
01-09-2013, 10:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8

He was doing things that Te'O just could not do vs Bama.

nycsportzfan
01-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Nothing against Te'o but I think there are more positions of impact that we need to address 1st, particularly DE or CB.

There is no doubt our LB core underperformed this year and we need to swap out some parts. But, you could put Butkis, Lewis, or any MLB in our lineup and we wont be able to stop the pass if we cant generate more of a passrush or cover a guy for 3 seconds. U don't think Te'O is Impact? I mean, hes impacting the run game, the pass game and hes got the presence u feel would thrive in NYC... I think hes one of the biggest impact players in this draft, just like Kuechly last yr..

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-09-2013, 02:43 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/1/9/3854516/nfl-draft-2013-mock-projections-steelers Says his stock might have plummeted to the 17 spot and might take another blow depending on the senior bowl and combine. If he were to reach 19, would you personally take the risk?

I would pass on him like a hot potato.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-09-2013, 02:44 PM
U don't think Te'O is Impact? I mean, hes impacting the run game, the pass game and hes got the presence u feel would thrive in NYC... I think hes one of the biggest impact players in this draft, just like Kuechly last yr..

his BCS game performance was very telling,,he was lost and got pushed around. greg jones 2.0.

slipknottin
01-09-2013, 02:47 PM
If you watch him the rest of the season you see similar things to what he showed against Alabama. Just not in the same quantity. When he missed a tackle against another team the rest of the ND defense got there and helped out. Not so against Bama.

But all season Teo had much of the same issues. Shedding blocks, making tackles.

Carter.525
01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
If Te'o is available, Giants run up to make the pick

WiIdcat
01-09-2013, 04:35 PM
A couple weeks ago I would've said hell yes but not anymore. Ogletree is going to be a better pro plain and simple. He has elite athleticism, pass coverage, and playmaking ability. Ogletree is my vote for pick 19.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-09-2013, 05:38 PM
If you watch him the rest of the season you see similar things to what he showed against Alabama. Just not in the same quantity. When he missed a tackle against another team the rest of the ND defense got there and helped out. Not so against Bama.

But all season Teo had much of the same issues. Shedding blocks, making tackles.

if it had to be LB there would you agree that ogletree would be the better pick? assuming it was just the two of them at the 19th spot.

slipknottin
01-09-2013, 05:41 PM
if it had to be LB there would you agree that ogletree would be the better pick? assuming it was just the two of them at the 19th spot.

Possibly. Im not sure I would want either at 19.

If the question is which would I rather have, Teo or Ogletree, I would say Ogletree.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Possibly. Im not sure I would want either at 19.

If the question is which would I rather have, Teo or Ogletree, I would say Ogletree.

yes slip,,that was the qustion and i agree,,also agree that we shuold have better options at 10,,although I am not sold on ansah as many are,,,I am hoping for someone to drop,,you know how this stuff works with the Gmen.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-09-2013, 05:51 PM
I'd say yes before watching that Bama game....but wow he got abused by them. Look at the difference between his bowl performance and Johnny Football's bowl performance and there is NO DOUBT they picked the correct Heisman winner! I made another thread about getting Eddie Lacy with 1st pick and while I understand its not out most important need it sure would be a MUCH better value than Te'o in my opinion

never a RB in the first for the giants unless we are talking AP talent,,which does not come around often.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2013, 09:17 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/new_york_giants_is_manti_teo_the_answer_to_their_v oid_at_mlb/12613228

Excerpt: "The New York Giants have lacked a dependable presence at the important middle linebacker position since Antonio Pierce retired following the 2009 NFL season.

Though the Giants have failed to truly address the need since his departure, the 2013 NFL draft could be the perfect opportunity to find a vital missing piece in the middle of their defense. And after his subpar performance in the BCS National Championship, Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o may be available when the Giants are slotted to pick with the 19th selection of the first round.

The Heisman finalist proved to be a phenomenal leader for the Fighting Irish en route to their spectacular 2012 season. Though his play was lackluster in an embarrassing loss for the Irish against the Alabama Crimson Tide in the BCS National Championship Game, there is no reason to ignore his entire collegiate career.

Te’o is a physical player in the middle with good NFL size (6’2”, 255 pounds). He could use a lot of improvement when reading and reacting to plays, usually moving on what he sees in front of him rather than anticipating where the football is going. Despite this, Te’o is a ball hawk with a tendency to make his presence known on any given play.

Chase Blackburn and Mark Herzlich have been serviceable for the Giants at middle linebacker, but neither appears to be a long-term option for the starting role. While the second-year Herzlich still has time to develop, Blackburn has proven himself to be nothing more than a situational linebacker, a beloved leader and special teams ace.Te’o is an instant starter in the NFL, however, with the potential to be a game-changing player from day one." Read more...

GentleGiant
01-09-2013, 10:28 PM
What about the honey badger?

Rudyy
01-09-2013, 10:29 PM
What about the honey badger?I'd definitely pass on him. He's not even projected to go in the 2nd round.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-09-2013, 10:34 PM
What about the honey badger?

I would take a flier on him from the 4th round on,,no question,,,the potential upside, even as just a return man is huge. he is small,,and obviously has had some problems,,and needs work with his technique,,,but man is that kid one hell of a ball hawk,,you just can't teach this.

Carter.525
01-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Honey Badger in the 5th sounds about right..

dakotajoe
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
That writer was rough on Blackburn...

I'm not for using a 1st round pick to replace a slow linebacker with another one with questionable speed.

Sundown
01-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Not sure I'd take Te'o. Not saying he was "exposed" but damn he looked awful on run plays and mediocre on coverage in the championship game.

Rusty192
01-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Not sure I'd take Te'o. Not saying he was "exposed" but damn he looked awful on run plays and mediocre on coverage in the championship game.Missed tons of tackles too.

Say, he'd fit right in :D

ozzie0075
01-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Guy looked slow and couldn't get off of blocks against Alabama. His bust potential is rising.

Carter.525
01-09-2013, 10:53 PM
lets see how he does at the combine.. I'd still be happy with him at #19

Rudyy
01-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Missed tons of tackles too.

Say, he'd fit right in :Dhttp://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/citizen_cane.gif

BigBlueAllDay
01-09-2013, 11:02 PM
The BCS championship game definitely dropped Teo's stock value. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants can get him in the second or possibly the third round now by a stretch.

Giants5699
01-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Honey Badger in the 3rd. As an LSU fan, I can assure you he will be the best player available come the third round. That kid has the potential to change a defense and a game.

Giants5699
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM
1st round better be a freaking o-lineman.

Rudyy
01-09-2013, 11:04 PM
The BCS championship game definitely dropped Teo's stock value. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants can get him in the second or possibly the third round now by a stretch.He will not be available in the 2nd round.

Unless he does horrible at the combine or something.

ozzie0075
01-09-2013, 11:08 PM
He will not be available in the 2nd round.

Unless he does horrible at the combine or something.

His stock took a pretty big hit in the NC Game:

Te'o has been projected as a potential first-round pick. But Rob Rang, an NFL draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said Te'o's first-half performance, when he struggled to avoid being blocked and, more tellingly, missed several tackles on Lacy and Yeldon, should be troubling to pro scouts.

"In the biggest of big games you have to play well," Rang said at halftime. "The fact he's not has got to be an area of concern for any NFL talent evaluator. You don't get more NFL (offensive) talent than Alabama. You don't get a bigger stage. … For of player with his hype to not be able to make tackles, it will hurt his draft stock."

Rudyy
01-09-2013, 11:09 PM
His stock took a pretty big hit in the NC Game:

Te'o has been projected as a potential first-round pick. But Rob Rang, an NFL draft analyst for CBSSports.com, said Te'o's first-half performance, when he struggled to avoid being blocked and, more tellingly, missed several tackles on Lacy and Yeldon, should be troubling to pro scouts.

"In the biggest of big games you have to play well," Rang said at halftime. "The fact he's not has got to be an area of concern for any NFL talent evaluator. You don't get more NFL (offensive) talent than Alabama. You don't get a bigger stage. … For of player with his hype to not be able to make tackles, it will hurt his draft stock."I agree, I think he's out of the top 10. But he didn't play that bad to get knocked into the 2nd and 3rd round to me.

Buddy333
01-09-2013, 11:10 PM
His stock has taken a huge hit. They need a DE anyway.

Giants5699
01-09-2013, 11:15 PM
1st round. Offensive lineman
2nd round. Offensive lineman
3rd round. Honeybadger
4th round. Offensive lineman.

Rudyy
01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
1st round. Offensive lineman
2nd round. Offensive lineman
3rd round. Honeybadger
4th round. Offensive lineman.As much as the offensive line needs work, we desperately need a DE.

Buddy333
01-09-2013, 11:23 PM
The OL might not be in that bad of shape as long as they can sign Beatty and Boothe.

TheEnigma
01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Someone else I know said it best.

"He SHOULDN'T be a top 20 pick. He WILL be a top 20 pick."

Giants5699
01-09-2013, 11:32 PM
As much as the offensive line needs work, we desperately need a DE.

JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, Ojomo, Hendricks.

Rudyy
01-09-2013, 11:34 PM
JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, Ojomo, Hendricks.Tuck LOL. Havent seen Ojomo, and who is Hendricks?

giantsfan420
01-09-2013, 11:35 PM
for people choosing to blast teo for the bcs performance, keep in mind saban and alabama made him an obvious focal point to take out of the game. alabama had 5 weeks preparing for ND. Im not saying some of the criticsm isnt warranted, but the guy has a tremendous collegiate career and has shown some serious potential...i wouldnt love the pick, but id def. look forward to seeing him lead our D

TheEnigma
01-09-2013, 11:38 PM

JPP is really the only guaranteed player who can make a solid contribution for us at DE. I worry that we have "ruined" (meaning not as originally effective) Kiwi by having him move back and forth as a DE and LB. Ojomo was beating on 3rd string tackles in the preseason. Hendricks is a DT who apparently isn't even on the roster atm.

Sundown
01-09-2013, 11:43 PM
for people choosing to blast teo for the bcs performance, keep in mind saban and alabama made him an obvious focal point to take out of the game. alabama had 5 weeks preparing for ND. Im not saying some of the criticsm isnt warranted, but the guy has a tremendous collegiate career and has shown some serious potential...i wouldnt love the pick, but id def. look forward to seeing him lead our D

Not sure I'd agree w that. Take the ravens game where they went at our weakest link, cwebb and abused his ***. Saban did no different with Te'o and wouldn't take 5 weeks to do it. I'd pass on him.

Jppallday
01-10-2013, 03:15 AM
If I had to draft a MLB in the first round I would rather Ogletree from Georgia. The only problem would be his size because he'd be playing in the middle. You need speed in the NFL nowadays from your linebackers

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-10-2013, 03:51 AM

I hate to break this to you,,but after seeing his abysmal performance in the BCS championship game,,,,what the hell do you think NFL teams will do to him? the game was too fast for him, other than nix that ND defense was on its heals the entire game,,te'o got abused.

Rat_bastich
01-10-2013, 04:19 AM
I hate to break this to you,,but after seeing his abysmal performance in the BCS championship game,,,,what the hell do you think NFL teams will do to him? the game was too fast for him, other than nix that ND defense was on its heals the entire game,,te'o got abused.

I agree. I love Notre Dame and have been a big Te'o supporter but the guy got abused on a regular. He was more a weakness than a strength. I know he was in place to almost get an interception on one play, but that was probably his only 'almost' highlight. He looked slow and confused and look like he didn't want to make tackles. Fox played better than he did and he was in on a couple of penalties.

He's a guy that BB could probably do something with in New England but otherwise I don't think he would fit with many teams.

Blue in Oz
01-10-2013, 04:53 AM
What if he just played bad so he'd drop to a team like the Giants? (Sorry, Idk how to do Red font :P)

Giants5699
01-10-2013, 05:47 AM
If we do not address the O-line issue in this years draft there is a serious problem. The o-line was usually what was responsible for our offensive woes. The running backs get no room because our O-line is abysmal.

Captain Chaos
01-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Teo did not impress me, although I think Notre Dame's D line was who really got abused. I think that the Giants may want to go with a CB or DE in the first round. If we resign Beatty and you believe that Brewer is ready to step up on the right side then we can get a solid Guard in the second or third round or FA. I think we can score a solid MLB in the 2nd or 3rd round...

TCHOF
01-10-2013, 07:14 AM

Just proved his point that we need DE's.

TCHOF
01-10-2013, 07:16 AM
He will be there for us at 19 and we will pass

Redeyejedi
01-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Honey Badger in the 3rd. As an LSU fan, I can assure you he will be the best player available come the third round. That kid has the potential to change a defense and a game.2 early for a return man and Gunner with character problems. Giants need another corner but they need a guy that can play outside

Redeyejedi
01-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Someone else I know said it best.

"He SHOULDN'T be a top 20 pick. He WILL be a top 20 pick." I wouldnt be so sure . Remember a couple years ago Brandon Spikes. First Rounder all year than he fell like a rock. That happens with LB's that arent pass rushers. That game really opened my eyes. If T'eo struggles stacking , shedding and tackling than what is left

myles2424
01-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Teo did not impress me, although I think Notre Dame's D line was who really got abused. I think that the Giants may want to go with a CB or DE in the first round. If we resign Beatty and you believe that Brewer is ready to step up on the right side then we can get a solid Guard in the second or third round or FA. I think we can score a solid MLB in the 2nd or 3rd round... there's absolutely zero indication that Brewer is ready to step on the right side, I believe the guys lucky to be on the team after watching him attempt to block 3rd string DEs from Jacksonville in preseason..

Redeyejedi
01-10-2013, 08:53 AM
there's absolutely zero indication that Brewer is ready to step on the right side, I believe the guys lucky to be on the team after watching him attempt to block 3rd string DEs from Jacksonville in preseason..I would agree I wouldnt say he has shown enough to win that job yet. Giants may give him the job in preseason and bring back Locklear just in case he cant hold it.

I still think the Giants have to leave this draft with a highly talented Pass Rusher. It doesnt necessarily have to be a traditional DE.The Giants wont have an edge rusher on this roster if Osi leaves. This isnt just about next year either. Its about getting a guy in here for the future as well. I dont this team is competing for a Super Bowl next season,with the schedule they should compete for the playoffs though. They need to get a guy in here now so 2014 isnt a disaster.This defense has some trouble. They need a starting Corner and a Pass Rusher first and foremost.

ryan12
01-10-2013, 01:39 PM
i am a huge ND fan and saw alot of teo. you cant take one bad game and say he isn't good. this guy is a stud and if he is there at 19 and giants dont take him i woud be pissed. he can play and lb postion

Kruunch
01-10-2013, 01:40 PM
I wouldnt be so sure . Remember a couple years ago Brandon Spikes. First Rounder all year than he fell like a rock. That happens with LB's that arent pass rushers. That game really opened my eyes. If T'eo struggles stacking , shedding and tackling than what is left

It's all about the Combine.

Shockeystays08
01-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Teo missed tackles, couldn't shed blocks and got burned in pass defense vs Bama. Sounds just like the kinda guy were looking for!

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Teo missed tackles, couldn't shed blocks and got burned in pass defense vs Bama. Sounds just like the kinda guy were looking for!

hush your little mouth!!!

PBTimmons
01-10-2013, 05:15 PM

This kind of statement makes me want to pull my hair out. Georgia has a MUCH better defense than ND. It's not even a fair comparison. Ogletree made some good plays but was kept clean a fair amount.

I'm not trying to be a Te'o apologist.

At this point I'd say both Ogletree and Te'o are going to be overdrafted. 2nd round talents.

Redeyejedi
01-10-2013, 05:23 PM
This kind of statement makes me want to pull my hair out. Georgia has a MUCH better defense than ND. It's not even a fair comparison. Ogletree made some good plays but was kept clean a fair amount.

At this point I'd say both Ogletree and Te'o are going to be overdrafted. 2nd round talents.Yeah the 2 Big DT's that Georgia has helps out Ogletree a lot.

gmen0820
01-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Wouldn't mind Te'o in the first, but not if we can take a top corner that's just as high on our board.

slipknottin
01-10-2013, 05:30 PM

At this point I'd say both Ogletree and Te'o are going to be overdrafted. 2nd round talents.

Thats not really true. ND has some very talented players up front. The bigger difference is that they run a 3-4, where the guards have a free shot at the linebackers every play.

Georgia in their base defense runs a lot of 4-3, (technically more of a 50 front) where Ogletree has two DTs to soak up blockers.

But either way I agree with your conclusion. Ogletree and Teo are not top 20 type prospects.

nycsportzfan
01-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Yeah the 2 Big DT's that Georgia has helps out Ogletree a lot. I believe he just lead GA in Tackles and made a Sack and a Fumble Recovery in the bowl game, without Jenkins, i believe?

I mean, whos he gonna have in the pros? If he comes to us, hes got big Linval Joseph, a former 2nd rder, whos getting better and better, and Chris Canty most likely.. Thats pretty good 2 Tackles to play MLB behind.. Space eaters at the least..

U can't fault the guy for playing in a system and doing well with 2 good DT's.. I mean, he played good, and deserves his mock draft grade.. He lead the GA team in tackles, had double digit TFL, a few sacks, a INT, a TD..etc All while missing 4games.. Hes done a heck of a job all around..

Redeyejedi
01-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I believe he just lead GA in Tackles and made a Sack and a Fumble Recovery in the bowl game, without Jenkins, i believe?

I mean, whos he gonna have in the pros? If he comes to us, hes got big Linval Joseph, a former 2nd rder, whos getting better and better, and Chris Canty most likely.. Thats pretty good 2 Tackles to play MLB behind.. Space eaters at the least..

U can't fault the guy for playing in a system and doing well with 2 good DT's.. I mean, he played good, and deserves his mock draft grade.. He lead the GA team in tackles, had double digit TFL, a few sacks, a INT, a TD..etc All while missing 4games.. Hes done a heck of a job all around..I know the stats that still doesnt make him stack and shed well. When u keep blockers off him he is great . He will make every play when clean

nycsportzfan
01-10-2013, 05:57 PM

At this point I'd say both Ogletree and Te'o are going to be overdrafted. 2nd round talents. GA did not have a better D then ND! ND gave up 6pts to MICHIGAN and 3pts to MIAMI, 14 to BYU, 13 to OKLAHOMA, 10 to NAVY, and a combined 19 to W.FOREST, BC, and USC..etc ND's D was stellar this yr, and the main reason they went undefeated.. Oh ya, they gave up 13 to Stanford in OT! ND's D was sick! Nix, Motta, Lewis-Moore, Te'O, Tuitt, B.Jackson, Shembo..etc Beastly Defense! Thats 2 TOP5-10players in Tuitt and Nix, and a early to mid 1st in Te'o, and a 2nd-3rd in Jackson, and a 5th rd in Motta, and a 4th - 5th in Lewis Moore, and a late rd pick for Shembo.. Thats a D right there!

nycsportzfan
01-10-2013, 05:58 PM
I know the stats that still doesnt make him stack and shed well Hes a good prospect, and u guys are overreacting to his weakness of shedding blockers...

Redeyejedi
01-10-2013, 07:14 PM
GA did not have a better D then ND! ND gave up 6pts to MICHIGAN and 3pts to MIAMI, 14 to BYU, 13 to OKLAHOMA, 10 to NAVY, and a combined 19 to W.FOREST, BC, and USC..etc ND's D was stellar this yr, and the main reason they went undefeated.. Oh ya, they gave up 13 to Stanford in OT! ND's D was sick! Nix, Motta, Lewis-Moore, Te'O, Tuitt, B.Jackson, Shembo..etc Beastly Defense! Thats 2 TOP5-10players in Tuitt and Nix, and a early to mid 1st in Te'o, and a 2nd-3rd in Jackson, and a 5th rd in Motta, and a 4th - 5th in Lewis Moore, and a late rd pick for Shembo.. Thats a D right there!
ND defense was real good all season not sure why they decided not to tackle against Alabama. Plays were there to be made it seemed like everyone was just lunging and diving. No 1 wanted to get in front of Lacy or Yeldon. You have to want to tackle those guys they run so hard. Maybe the time off hurt the defense. I expected them to get killed by the Bama Defense. They were completely over matched on that side of the ball. I didnt think they would win but I didnt think Alabama would have 42 points . I figured 24 10 something like that

slipknottin
01-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Hes a good prospect, and u guys are overreacting to his weakness of shedding blockers...

Pretty sure shedding is the most important thing a linebacker can do.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Pretty sure shedding is the most important thing a linebacker can do.

I have been watching tape of him and I don't get where you see he has a problem with shedding,,,NFL LB's have problems with shedding from time to time(look at ours),,,I think the point is that he has prototypical MLB size and speed,,,and has the frame to pack on more muscle. I respect your opinion but have to disagree,,,,I think with some coaching this kid could be very good, the kid can cover and he is good in run support,,,once he put weight on the shedding thing would disappear. This is why I don't see all the love for ansah,,,very raw,,but athletic,,but by no mans the player ogletree is. His tape against Alabama looked great this year,,,he belonged on the field with them unlike te'o.

slipknottin
01-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Just look at how rarely he uses his arms. He doesn't shed. He runs away

Rudyy
01-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Wouldn't mind Te'o in the first, but not if we can take a top corner that's just as high on our board.Corner over DE and LB?

TheEnigma
01-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Corner over DE and LB?

Depends on the player really. This team needs a DE more but if our two best selections did come down to Johnathan Banks or Sam Montgomery, I'd take Banks.

B&RWarrior
01-10-2013, 08:42 PM
nahhh not at 19

myles2424
01-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Geez that game realy wrecked peoples feelings....few weeks ago everyone wouldve sacraficed their children to get teo...

nycsportzfan
01-10-2013, 11:44 PM
dudes, Te'o just went against a Oline thats sending every one of themselves to the NFl, and makes most players obselete, why is it such a surprise now when it happens to Te'o? Sure he missed some tackles, but it was a bad game, get over it..lol j/k! Seriously though, it was a game!

TCHOF
01-11-2013, 12:00 AM
It's all about the Combine.

He's not the type of player that is going to kill the combine

TCHOF
01-11-2013, 07:42 AM
I have been watching tape of him and I don't get where you see he has a problem with shedding,,,NFL LB's have problems with shedding from time to time(look at ours),,,I think the point is that he has prototypical MLB size and speed,,,and has the frame to pack on more muscle. I respect your opinion but have to disagree,,,,I think with some coaching this kid could be very good, the kid can cover and he is good in run support,,,once he put weight on the shedding thing would disappear. This is why I don't see all the love for ansah,,,very raw,,but athletic,,but by no mans the player ogletree is. His tape against Alabama looked great this year,,,he belonged on the field with them unlike te'o.

I don't want a kid in the first that "can be good with some coaching". I want a kid that is good now!

slipknottin
01-11-2013, 08:32 AM
I don't want a kid in the first that "can be good with some coaching". I want a kid that is good now!

There is nobody in this entire draft that's good now without additional coaching

Redeyejedi
01-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Hes a good prospect, and u guys are overreacting to his weakness of shedding blockers...Overreacting? never said he wasnt a great player or I wouldnt draft him. Wouldnt spend all the time I do watching his games if I didnt think he had potential to be really good

Kruunch
01-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Corner over DE and LB?

I can see the Giants drafting a CB over an LB.

This includes if our entire LBer corps were wiped out by a freak meteor shower.

Kruunch
01-11-2013, 10:10 AM

I don't see anyone in this draft that is that good.

Jahh
01-11-2013, 10:18 AM
I can see the Giants drafting a CB over an LB.

This includes if our entire LBer corps were wiped out by a freak meteor shower.

Giants have drafted more first round DBs last 6 years than DEs.

TCHOF
01-11-2013, 10:20 AM
There is nobody in this entire draft that's good now without additional coaching

That seems like an overbroad statement.

Shockeystays08
01-12-2013, 11:56 AM
This guy looked nothing near an NFL caliber LB vs Bama. He missed tackles, took bad angles, confused in pass coverage and couldn't shed blocks. No way this guy looks worth a number 1 pick. I like Ogletree considerably more.

TheAnalyst
01-15-2013, 09:24 AM

Watch that video I posted. Many times Ogletree is in a one on one situation with Lacy and stops him dead in his tracks. Also shedding tackles and a non stop motor.

Te'O has a non stop motor, but in that Bama game missed the one on one tackles and got pushed around.

Same situations, different results. The rest of the players talents had no effect on these specific plays. Did you see Ogletree stuff Lacy at the line?! That was impressive. Ogletree is much faster and would be a perfect LB for the RG3 stuff.

Kruunch
01-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Watch that video I posted. Many times Ogletree is in a one on one situation with Lacy and stops him dead in his tracks. Also shedding tackles and a non stop motor.

Te'O has a non stop motor, but in that Bama game missed the one on one tackles and got pushed around.

Same situations, different results. The rest of the players talents had no effect on these specific plays. Did you see Ogletree stuff Lacy at the line?! That was impressive. Ogletree is much faster and would be a perfect LB for the RG3 stuff.

I like Ogletree over Teo as well.

BlueSabbath
01-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Agree with others... I'll take Ogletree over Te'o in a heartbeat... I would love to get Ogletree if we go linebacker... I also like Arthur Brown just not sure how well he can hold up against the run over the year. REALLY wish we could have landed Dont'a Hightower last year so we could finally have this position locked up.

PBTimmons
01-15-2013, 12:51 PM
It's worth noting that Alec Ogletree failed a drug test earlier last year and was suspended for the first 4 games as a result. That would mark his second suspension at Georgia.

He was also suspended for 1 game as a freshman for misdemeanor theft.

That doesn't sound like a guy we pick up in the 1st round.

Kruunch
01-15-2013, 01:48 PM
It's worth noting that Alec Ogletree failed a drug test earlier last year and was suspended for the first 4 games as a result. That would mark his second suspension at Georgia.

And will probably be why he falls to the third or later. Especially if he has a mediocre Combine.

But I'd still take the chance on him .... Georgia has a ridiculous drug testing program (and a little pot never hurt anyone).

BlueSabbath
01-15-2013, 03:45 PM
And will probably be why he falls to the third or later. Especially if he has a mediocre Combine.

But I'd still take the chance on him .... Georgia has a ridiculous drug testing program (and a little pot never hurt anyone).

There is no chance in hell that Ogletree falls to the third.... "or later"??? Not sure if serious. I think he's going to shoot up the boards. The linebacker I REALLY wanted int his draft, CJ Mosley, has decided to return for his senior year, so Ogletree is next up for me.

You are right though, Georgia has the strictest drug discipline in the SEC (Kentucky may be right there with them).

TCHOF
01-15-2013, 03:46 PM

Excellent point. I didn't know that.

Kruunch
01-15-2013, 04:43 PM
There is no chance in hell that Ogletree falls to the third.... "or later"??? Not sure if serious. I think he's going to shoot up the boards. The linebacker I REALLY wanted int his draft, CJ Mosley, has decided to return for his senior year, so Ogletree is next up for me.

You are right though, Georgia has the strictest drug discipline in the SEC (Kentucky may be right there with them).

Ogletree is getting mocked as a low 2nd rounder right now. A poor Combine will put him solidly into the 3rd round and his off-field issues might stick him lower down depending who he falls down through.

Conversely, a great Combine could put him solidly in the latter half of the 1st round (great Combine > iffy character flaws).

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Ogletree is getting mocked as a low 2nd rounder right now. A poor Combine will put him solidly into the 3rd round and his off-field issues might stick him lower down depending who he falls down through.

Conversely, a great Combine could put him solidly in the latter half of the 1st round (great Combine > iffy character flaws).

actually he is in the 1st in a lot of the mocks I have seen,,,chicago seems to be the spot.

BlueSabbath
01-15-2013, 05:03 PM

I think we're looking at different mocks. Gill Brandt just mocked him as the #8 pick to the Buffalo Bills.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-15-2013, 05:07 PM
I think we're looking at different mocks. Gill Brandt just mocked him as the #8 pick to the Buffalo Bills.

you mean te'o to the bills,,right?

BlueSabbath
01-15-2013, 05:13 PM
you mean te'o to the bills,,right?

No.. .Ogletree.

dakotajoe
01-15-2013, 05:24 PM

Sounds just like LT....

All kidding aside, that is concerning. From like I've seen I like his skills more than Te'o's but that does rise a few questions.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-15-2013, 05:35 PM
No.. .Ogletree.

really? I haven't seen that anywhere and I have been to many mock drafts,,I saw te'o to the bills at 8...I am going to do some investigating now, lol.

BlueSabbath
01-15-2013, 05:40 PM
really? I haven't seen that anywhere and I have been to many mock drafts,,I saw te'o to the bills at 8...I am going to do some investigating now, lol.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/gil-brandt/155116?campaign=Twitter_mock_gil

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-15-2013, 05:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/gil-brandt/155116?campaign=Twitter_mock_gil

wow,,this is the only place I have seen this,,kinda funny because it is the exact opposite of a lot of mocks,,,many have ogeltree to us or around us and te'o going that low,,,thanks.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-15-2013, 05:49 PM
wow,,this is the only place I have seen this,,kinda funny because it is the exact opposite of a lot of mocks,,,many have ogeltree to us or around us and te'o going that low,,,thanks.

what do you think of arthur brown in the second?

BlueSabbath
01-15-2013, 06:07 PM
what do you think of arthur brown in the second?

I'd be happy with that but I'm also a bit biased. I was a HUGE fan of Arthur and his brother Bryce (who I had in all my mocks last year as a late pick) out of high school. Neither of them really fully lived up to their hype out of high school but they bounced around a bit. I like my linebackers a little bigger than Arthur is, but he also has a lot going for him in regards to speed and athleticism. He's one of those guys I'd be thrilled to get just because I've been watching him for so long but I've seen him disappear in some games and I'm not 100% he'll be great NFLer. I really wish CJ Mosley had just declared... I had my eyes on him all year as our first round get.

On a sidenote: Jesse Williams out of Alabama is another guy I like. He'll end up being one of the strongest guys in the draft and has an insane motor on him.

PBTimmons
01-15-2013, 06:12 PM

Somebody forgot to give this old ******* his meds today. Emmitt Smith could have come up with a more logical draft.

2 TE's in the first?!! And Jarvis Jones is a lock to go before Ogletree.

Even the captions below the picks are all screwed up. Seriously, someone get Gil Brandt some Memantine.

rEaS
01-15-2013, 06:19 PM
i dont understand the mocks that have us taking a TE in the first round.. NO WAY thats going to happen ever..

BlueSabbath
01-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Somebody forgot to give this old ******* his meds today. Emmitt Smith could have come up with a more logical draft.

2 TE's in the first. And Jarvis Jones is a lock to go before Ogletree.

I agree... some pretty crazy picks in there. Ogletree going in the first is not one of them though. That early, sure, but I do think he'll definitely be 1st or very early 2nd round pick.

Jahh
01-16-2013, 05:39 PM
jeeez, anyone just read the story that Te'o made up the story of his girlfriend dying?

read it on deadspin.

wonder what this will do to his draft stock.

Jahh
01-16-2013, 05:42 PM
http://deadspin.com/5976556/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax?utm_source=Deadspin+Newsletter&utm_campaign=7ac1750dc1-UA-142218-13&utm_medium=email

if this is true, thats unbelievable

Carter.525
01-16-2013, 05:55 PM

2 TE's in the first?!! And Jarvis Jones is a lock to go before Ogletree.

Even the captions below the picks are all screwed up. Seriously, someone get Gil Brandt some Memantine.

Emmit Smith is crazier than cat s***..!!

ShakeandBake
01-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Just saw this on Francesa's show, apparently it is

slipknottin
01-16-2013, 06:03 PM
I always thought it was a little strange. Nobody ever really had a story about her. Just seemed like mostly rumors.

NJAquaman
01-16-2013, 06:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZy_y0on4u8

Agreed....

Just Say NO to Te-O

Redeyejedi
01-16-2013, 06:45 PM
No way id pick him after this story

Imgrate
01-16-2013, 06:47 PM
I really hope someone takes him before us.

Rudyy
01-16-2013, 07:06 PM
ND is reporting that he was victim of a hoax..how is it a hoax if he allegedly met and talked to her every night?

I can't believe somebody would lie like this. I don't even know if he's going to be drafted anymore.

Redeyejedi
01-16-2013, 07:12 PM
@MTeo_5 Don't let your dreams stay dreams! Make them a reality!

LOL

Redeyejedi
01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Ive seen Numerous College Football players Tweet about Manti he is going to get torn up in an NFL Locker room

Rudyy
01-16-2013, 07:23 PM
The whole thing is just weird.
So he's the victim of an internet hoax but he claims he met her at a Stanford game..ok so who was that girl and who's the girl he talked to on the phone every night?

TheEnigma
01-16-2013, 07:25 PM
This sounds like a Lifetime movie...

myles2424
01-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Im confused, Did Teo B.S the world? Or was he with some chick with a fake name/story?

Rudyy
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Im confused, Did Teo B.S the world? Or was he with some chick with a fake name/story?I have absolutely no idea.

He claims that it was an internet relationship, but how could that be if he came out and said he met her at Stanford and went on a trip to Hawaii?
Somebody is lying.

TheEnigma
01-16-2013, 07:39 PM
I'd be claiming that there was an imposter in the BCS game too...

Carter.525
01-16-2013, 07:41 PM
I honestly can say, I dont get this.. Who would do this?!?!

myles2424
01-16-2013, 07:42 PM
I have absolutely no idea.

He claims that it was an internet relationship, but how could that be if he came out and said he met her at Stanford and went on a trip to Hawaii?
Somebody is lying.
Crazy....If they find out this dude made it all up,he wont be drafted perhaps...

Redeyejedi
01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
The whole thing is just weird.
So he's the victim of an internet hoax but he claims he met her at a Stanford game..ok so who was that girl and who's the girl he talked to on the phone every night?Why would the MLB at Notre Dame a presumed 1st rd pick need to have a GF over the internet

TheEnigma
01-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Why would the MLB at Notre Dame a presumed 1st rd pick need to have a GF over the internet

I really hate making assumptions about a situation we only have little information on but that's what has me thinking the Te'o camp engineered this whole story to get him out in the open and to raise his stock. Wouldn't surprise me if someone else was pulling the puppet strings and Manti was just going for the ride.

Smith&Nicks
01-16-2013, 07:51 PM
I don't even know if he's going to be drafted anymore.
Oh.. be quiet
People get caught smoking weed and still get drafted you think this lie is going to prevent a talent from him from getting drafted?!? go back to the regular forums

Redeyejedi
01-16-2013, 07:52 PM
I really hate making assumptions about a situation we only have little information on but that's what has me thinking the Te'o camp engineered this whole story to get him out in the open and to raise his stock. Wouldn't surprise me if someone else was pulling the puppet strings and Manti was just going for the ride.No matter what he lied numerous times. he said he want on vacation with her. They asked about her before the NC game a week after he Supposedly knew

Redeyejedi
01-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Oh.. be quiet
People get caught smoking weed and still get drafted you think this lie is going to prevent a talent from him from getting drafted?!? go back to the regular forumsHe will be drafted but he will be humiliated in the locker room. Leveon Bell ,Sean Porter, Brandon Coleman, Terrel Thomas just a few guys I noticed on my timeline cracking jokes

Rudyy
01-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Oh.. be quiet People get caught smoking weed and still get drafted you think this lie is going to prevent a talent from him from getting drafted?!? go back to the regular forumsWtf? Lying about somebody dying from cancer is sick and twisted, I don't care who you are. If he came out and said he made the whole thing up, something is seriously seriously wrong with him. Now sit down somewhere.

rainierjef
01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Pretty disconcerting situation. Wether it was a plot to gain national attention to help his heisman voting or whatever. Don't know why this was needed, but I am sure he is not the first athlete to do this and should not be crucifed as that. He is going to have to gain the respect of the players in his locker room.

slipknottin
01-16-2013, 08:11 PM
I think he was talking to some girl online for a long time, and probably did fall for her. Then just kept telling everyone that he had someone, and when they pushed, he made up stories about her.

The dead thing, perhaps she disappeared? Stopped talking to him? Im not sure.

But I do think once he started with the stories he had to keep weaving them, couldnt just come out and say "it was all a lie".

Smith&Nicks
01-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Wtf? Lying about somebody dying from cancer is sick and twisted, I don't care who you are. If he came out and said he made the whole thing up, something is seriously seriously wrong with him. Now sit down somewhere.

Oh.. please that is not the JOHN BROWN case here. What happened is wierd but to say he's not going to get drafted is ridiculous. Cause he made up an invisible girlfriend that died from lukemia. so he doing to go UDFA for that gimme a back. go to your corner gossip girl.

Signing Out!

slipknottin
01-16-2013, 08:15 PM
It might hurt him a little, but lying about a gf is petty stuff really. Look at the guys with 20 kids out of college, or the ones who rob banks.

That bowl game performance was far worse for his draft stock than this story.

Of course the bigger question is... when teams interview him, and they have the psychologists there, do they find out hes an insane person, or if hes normal and just caught up in some nonsense and lies.

myles2424
01-16-2013, 08:18 PM
I really hate making assumptions about a situation we only have little information on but that's what has me thinking the Te'o camp engineered this whole story to get him out in the open and to raise his stock. Wouldn't surprise me if someone else was pulling the puppet strings and Manti was just going for the ride.

If so thats insane....Also, teams arent going to pick a guy high because his girlfriend died....I mean look at Herz,he actually had it....

Rudyy
01-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Oh.. please that is not the JOHN BROWN case here. What happened is wierd but to say he's not going to get drafted is ridiculous. Cause he made up an invisible girlfriend that died from lukemia. so he doing to go UDFA for that gimme a back. go to your corner gossip girl.

Signing Out!Calm down..everything is going to be okay, just take a deep breath.

Smith&Nicks
01-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Calm down..everything is going to be okay, just take a deep breath.

breath taken and your still borderline Re-re for thinking he won't get drafted for this. look nice attempt you wanted to come talk draft stuff, the season ended and your fighting to fill in the time during your empty days, I hear ya but save the soap oprea theatricals for the main forum or smack talk!

Rudyy
01-16-2013, 08:24 PM
breath taken and your still borderline Re-re for thinking he won't get drafted for this. look nice attempt you wanted to come talk draft stuff, the season ended and your fighting to fill in the time during your empty days, I hear ya but save the soap oprea theatricals for the main forum or smack talk!I didn't come to talk draft stuff, I just commented on this one particular issue and gave my opinion. That's cool if you don't agree but you don't have to call me a ****** for disagreeing with me lol.

rainierjef
01-16-2013, 08:25 PM
I think he was talking to some girl online for a long time, and probably did fall for her. Then just kept telling everyone that he had someone, and when they pushed, he made up stories about her.

The dead thing, perhaps she disappeared? Stopped talking to him? Im not sure.

But I do think once he started with the stories he had to keep weaving them, couldnt just come out and say "it was all a lie".
I kind of see this as a logical scenario. But the question I still have is why would his dad play along as if he knew the girl via phone conversations. I don't think it hurts his draft stock unless he lets it hurt him in interviews. Backing out of the senior bowl was a bad move as well.

MattyD21
01-16-2013, 08:25 PM
He will be drafted but he will be humiliated in the locker room. Leveon Bell ,Sean Porter, Brandon Coleman, Terrel Thomas just a few guys I noticed on my timeline cracking jokes
Please humiliated? This isnt high school, sure people are gna crack jokes on twiiter what else is it good for but a story coming from deadspin of all things wont lead to this guy getting wedgies and swirlys in the locker room. He's a respected young player not somebody whos is known for antics.

juice33s
01-16-2013, 08:50 PM
If you read the whole story from deadpin you can clearly see he was in on it...The guy's a sick **** and I want the Giants to have nothing to do with him

slipknottin
01-16-2013, 08:53 PM
If you read the whole story from deadpin you can clearly see he was in on it...The guy's a sick **** and I want the Giants to have nothing to do with him

deadspin doesnt have the entire story. Clearly.

bigblue2088
01-16-2013, 08:58 PM
idk he saying it was a "sick joke" played on him

giants8493
01-16-2013, 09:02 PM
He is either really stupid or really evil. Either way I don't want him on my team.

slipknottin
01-16-2013, 09:03 PM
He is either really stupid or really evil. Either way I don't want him on my team.

The world isnt all black and white... We dont even have the complete story yet.

And Im pretty sure making up a story about how a gf died, isnt "really evil".

alentown pa
01-16-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm a notre dame fan and I thought teo was great for nd but I don't think this will effect his draft status, missing tackles against bama prbly did that. He had a number of ints this season but is still very average in coverage and despite what some may think he is not a sideline to sideline player. Having said that if he was there in the 3rd round I'd be fine with the giants taking him.

juice33s
01-16-2013, 09:14 PM
deadspin doesnt have the entire story. Clearly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okwaIsFYGQQ
"I will see them again" lol, he never saw her!

giants8493
01-16-2013, 09:17 PM
The world isnt all black and white... We dont even have the complete story yet.

And Im pretty sure making up a story about how a gf died, isnt "really evil". A fake inspirational story. Told to get himself noticed and to get attention. From what I read at least.
Your right I don't know the official story yet. Thats just what I heard

alentown pa
01-16-2013, 09:20 PM
His grand parents passing away was true

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-16-2013, 09:24 PM
he should have saved this story until after his performance in the BCS Championship game, you could smell the stink all the way in PA.

slipknottin
01-16-2013, 09:40 PM
he should have saved this story until after his performance in the BCS Championship game, you could smell the stink all the way in PA.

Supposedly he was told like two days before the BCS game that his story about the gf was going to break soon.

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Supposedly he was told like two days before the BCS game that his story about the gf was going to break soon.

I was never high on this guy,,but do you think it had something to do with his awful performance, assuming he is telling the truth,,or was he just exposed,,or both? lol.