PDA

View Full Version : I Promise..........

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 06:40 PM
OK my friends. Things have gotten out of hand here and I accept my role in that.

I promise from here on out to do my best to avoid any personal attacks against any of my fellow Giants fans. I promise to keep my comments related to football or friendly conversation. I promise to try my best to consider the view of those who disagree with me and give them proper consideration.

Friendly bantar is fine, but personal insults have to end. And I am as guilty as anyone here in that. We all have one very important thing in common, the thing that bring us all to this forum, our love of the New York Football Giants.
I even promise to refrain from using the term "Eli Cultist" (but I reserve the right to think it).

I've had a rule in my life for many years. To ask myself if I would behave in a certain way if my daughter was watching. I seem to apply that rule in every aspect of my life except on the Giants MB. Well I'm determined to start now.

Now.....Who's with me?...........

RoanokeFan
01-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Me, but I don't count lol

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Me, but I don't count lol
Not unless there's a rule against being too nice.

RoanokeFan
01-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Not unless there's a rule against being too nice.

Too nice? I would be over the moon if everyone just tried

Imgrate
01-24-2013, 06:50 PM
This isn't giants related

byron
01-24-2013, 06:56 PM
This isn't giants related it may be a trap !!

just kidding I'm all in

http://moonsoul.net/wp/japan/090825-16shots/CIMG2937.jpg (http://moonsoul.net/wp/japan/090825-16shots/CIMG2937.jpg)

jomo
01-24-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm in, ...............I'll just be non-responsive on the Tiki threads and everything else will be just fine! ;)

RoanokeFan
01-24-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm in, ...............I'll just be non-responsive on the Tiki threads and everything else will be just fine! ;)

LMAO, whatever works

RoanokeFan
01-24-2013, 07:00 PM
This isn't giants related

It's about conduct on the Giants' MB

Rudyy
01-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Now everyone hug..

Drez
01-24-2013, 07:04 PM
it may be a trap !!

just kidding I'm all in

http://moonsoul.net/wp/japan/090825-16shots/CIMG2937.jpg (http://moonsoul.net/wp/japan/090825-16shots/CIMG2937.jpg)
I have about 50 replies/captions for this picture. All of them would get me banned, lol.

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 07:07 PM
it may be a trap !!

just kidding I'm all in

Bend over Minney!

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Bend over Minney!
Oops....I didn't say that.

Drez
01-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Bend over Minney!I don't think that's for Minnie................................

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't think that's for Minnie................................
Joe Theisman?

Drez
01-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Joe Theisman?Theisman's hasn't been seen in years. I can only wonder where it disappeared to.

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Theisman's hasn't been seen in years. I can only wonder where it disappeared to.
OK...You didn't get the joke.

GentleGiant
01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm still mad. Not at you it just comes naturally.

Delicreep
01-24-2013, 07:16 PM
OK my friends. Things have gotten out of hand here and I accept my role in that.

I promise from here on out to do my best to avoid any personal attacks against any of my fellow Giants fans. I promise to keep my comments related to football or friendly conversation. I promise to try my best to consider the view of those who disagree with me and give them proper consideration.

Friendly bantar is fine, but personal insults have to end. And I am as guilty as anyone here in that. We all have one very important thing in common, the thing that bring us all to this forum, our love of the New York Football Giants.
I even promise to refrain from using the term "Eli Cultist" (but I reserve the right to think it).

I've had a rule in my life for many years. To ask myself if I would behave in a certain way if my daughter was watching. I seem to apply that rule in every aspect of my life except on the Giants MB. Well I'm determined to start now.

First Communism, and now defeatism?

Personally...I feel if you go into an Eli thread, you should have big boy pants on

Drez
01-24-2013, 07:18 PM
OK...You didn't get the joke.
I guess not, lol. Though, I was inferring it was up his arse. Ha.

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 07:18 PM
First Communism, and now defeatism?

Personally...I feel if you go into an Eli thread, you should have big boy pants on
Problem is that half of them end up getting locked.

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 07:19 PM
I guess not, lol. Though, I was inferring it was up his arse. Ha.
He's doing commercials for Beta Prostrate tablets.

BTW...at my age.............

Drez
01-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Problem is that half of them end up getting locked.
I've just been getting bored of them quickly lately. I'll go in and spar a little, but it's the same damned thing over and over.

Drez
01-24-2013, 07:22 PM
He's doing commercials for Beta Prostrate tablets.

BTW...at my age.............
Haha.

I don't watch much live television, so I don't see a lot commercials.

AllHailEli
01-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Is someone influential enought to get Phil Simms to the Hall of Fame? Might smooth some of the resentment against Eli here. LOL, just kidding.

gmen46
01-24-2013, 07:54 PM

You're on.

But it won't be easy.

gmen0820
01-24-2013, 07:56 PM
I ain't signing ****...

GameTime
01-24-2013, 08:29 PM
would have been nice if you never had to apologize in the first place.
But I guess its a steo in the right direction.....:)

jomo
01-24-2013, 08:32 PM
LMAO, whatever worksEveryone has an achilles heel. The key is to know it and just avoid the land mines.

Roosevelt
01-24-2013, 08:44 PM
I promise from here on out to do my best to avoid any personal attacks against any of my fellow Giants fans.

I see you conveniently left yourself an out by limiting your pledge to Giants fans only. ;]

egyptian420
01-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Lol..... Someone else needs to do this... I won't name any names but he literally only posts to correct others when they are wrong.... 100% of his posts are just correcting other posters..... Talk about ego tripping

Drez
01-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Lol..... Someone else needs to do this... I won't name any names but he literally only posts to correct others when they are wrong.... 100% of his posts are just correcting other posters..... Talk about ego tripping Ummm... Ellipses are only three periods.

egyptian420
01-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Ummm... Ellipses are only three periods.LOL good one... You got him spot on

Roosevelt
01-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Lol..... Someone else needs to do this... I won't name any names but he literally only posts to correct others when they are wrong.... 100% of his posts are just correcting other posters..... Talk about ego tripping

Sounds like a personal attack to me! ;]

In all seriousness, it is a message board and ultimately people are going to challenge you and your positions. People need to lighten up and stop taking their opinions so seriously - after all, no one else does.

Drez
01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
LOL good one... You got him spot on****. It isn't me, is it? I do my fair share of "educating" people, lol.

egyptian420
01-24-2013, 09:29 PM
****. It isn't me, is it? I do my fair share of "educating" people, lol.lol believe me when I tell you, it's not you

egyptian420
01-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Sounds like a personal attack to me! ;]

In all seriousness, it is a message board and ultimately people are going to challenge you and your positions. People need to lighten up and stop taking their opinions so seriously - after all, no one else does.This is true.... This is why I haven't called them out on it or mentioned their name, you are free to say what you want as long as you don't use inappropriate language. However, it is pretty pathetic to have this high and mighty attitude on here as if you are Jerry Reese himself.

It's funny because if Reese himself came here with a new account with like 4 posts to his name and he gave his opinion about FO stuff, he would probably get blasted by some of these same people. I feel like the post count bar gives some people a huge ego boost, as if their opinion is more right because they've dedicated more time on the forums... It's actually really sad people behave this way.

Drez
01-24-2013, 09:38 PM
It's funny because if Reese himself came here with a new account with like 4 posts to his name and he gave his opinion about FO stuff, he would probably get blasted by some of these same people. SOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!

AllHailEli
01-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Ohhh mysterious. :)

Drystt
01-24-2013, 09:45 PM

You and I will bury the hatchet. We share a common bond in our love for the Gmen. Let's build off of that.

Roosevelt
01-24-2013, 09:52 PM
This is true.... This is why I haven't called them out on it or mentioned their name, you are free to say what you want as long as you don't use inappropriate language. However, it is pretty pathetic to have this high and mighty attitude on here as if you are Jerry Reese himself.

It's funny because if Reese himself came here with a new account with like 4 posts to his name and he gave his opinion about FO stuff, he would probably get blasted by some of these same people. I feel like the post count bar gives some people a huge ego boost, as if their opinion is more right because they've dedicated more time on the forums... It's actually really sad people behave this way.

I have no idea who you are referring to. And come to think of it, I'm sure that's best.

AllHailEli
01-24-2013, 10:00 PM
There's definitely some clique going on here and if you step on the landmine, they'll be all over ganging on you. Oh well, let bygones be bygones. :)

TheEnigma
01-25-2013, 02:22 AM

Well, he seems to have good intentions and does have a lot of knowledge to share but he is that sort of guy who would challenge you on why mustard is superior to ketchup with a 30+ page thread. He probably just enjoys debating though I can see why one would be annoyed with his type.

GiantRoc
01-25-2013, 03:08 AM
I'm all for it. How are we going to give Jerry all the answers to fixing this team, if we can't get along. LOL There are a lot of good thoughts on here. I don't agree with all of them, but its still interesting to read them. If they get too personal, I just skip those responses. I deal with hate and ignorance everyday. I come on here for fun and I'm hoping it stays that way.

Hey we are all not so different. Look how we all went to the same place with the Mickey toy. HAHAHAHA